MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I beleive its someone they knew, the husband was comfortable when the perosn came in to the garage. They were very neat meticulous peopel which means they probably also had a schedule they stuck too, so someone would know what time the mother owuld be in watching Tv and he would be outisde. My hsuband and are meticulous and we both follow schedules that are there even after we retired. He always works in the garage at night and I am on my computer then we watch TV together.

I beleive it was someone related to the family. I would like to know more of the family members last names or nicknames.

What abaout smile?

The second letter looks like it was written one way and then the writer make a mark through it again. You can tell by the bloodprint that the writer made the second mark on the second letter last. Does that make any sense?

They are survived by their children, Ronald (Deborah), Nicole (Paul) Schmidt and Ryan (Rosie); and nine grandchildren. She is also survived by her sister, Claudia (James) Seta; and many nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by her mother, Patricia L. Potter; and sister, Cathy L. Thompson.

I wonder if it looks like any of th elast names of family members

It would help immensely to see handwriting samples for both Ron and Christine. That could help identify patterns in their writing styles which would help in deciphering this writing as well.

What abaout smile?

The second letter looks like it was written one way and then the writer make a mark through it again. You can tell by the bloodprint that the writer made the second mark on the second letter last. Does that make any sense?

I thought it said smile too.

I definitely see "Se" but cannot make out the rest for the life of me.

There is at least one tall letter after what appears to be the letters " Se".
I believe it says " Sell" "Sele" or " Sela".
Edited to add: I only looked at the letters, not the entire thread. I see that there is family named " Seta". Ohhhh..... really makes one think.

Has there been any more info about this very brutal crime since the blood clue was revealed? Police believe they knew their attacker or attackers. I am hoping this is a solvable crime, probably NOT based upon the very sad attempt to leave a message but because the perp had to have left some physical evidence behind. Maybe there was enough for DNA testing or printing of a shoeprint or fingerprint..
I want this case to be solved. This couple seemed to be good, happy people who definitely wanted to live and had a lot to live for.
God bless.
Maria

I just saw that too! Was reading the obit, her sisters married name is Seta. :waitasec:

macomb_daily_news.gif

Christine Jabalee Ronald Jabalee

PUBLISHED: October 10, 2006

Christine Jabalee and her husband, Ronald Jabalee, both 58, have died.
Mr. Jabalee was born March 18, 1948. Mrs. Jabalee was born Sept. 7, 1948, in Detroit.
They are survived by their children, Ronald (Deborah), Nicole (Paul) Schmidt and Ryan (Rosie); and nine grandchildren.
She is also survived by her sister, Claudia (James) Seta; and many nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by her mother, Patricia L. Potter; and sister, Cathy L. Thompson. He is also survived by his mother, Helen; siblings, Barbara (Ray) Lohmann, Carolyn (Tom) Essian, Blenda (Joseph) Polito, Richard (Sharon), Robert (Mary), Roger, Catheren (Cole) Trainor; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Frederick; and sister, Sharon. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons, 36900 Schoenherr (at Metropolitan Parkway), Sterling Heights. Interment will be in Resurrection Cemetery, Clinton Township.

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/101006/obi_20061009023.shtml

What do you all think the motive was? I understand that there is nothing missing from the home, so robbery doesn't seem to be the motive.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way for us to get samples of their handwriting for comparison. Even though we know that the person that wrote this had broken fingers, there would still be consistencies between the handwriting that one could use as a basis for interpreting these letters.

I don't know what, if anything, to make of this :confused:, but it sure is an interesting twist, IMO:

According to www.clickondetroit.com, Roger Jabalee's March, 2007 arrest resulted from a drug raid at the same sketchy Detroit-area nightclub where Eminem's best friend and fellow rapper Proof was shot and killed last year (Proof was shot & killed after Proof shot another guy in the head, IIRC). At the time of the shootout, the club was (allegedly) operating illegally, after hours.

I'm fairly certain that local prosecutors were trying to shut the club down after that incident. I wonder what happened.

The article states that the March, 2007 raid occurred after police obtained a search warrant in a drug investigation.

You can see a photo of Roger Jabalee (and his neck tattoo - can anybody read what it says?) if you click on this link to the article:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11420277/detail.html

I think the tattoo says "Roger" in cursive script lettering with a date.

Okay I have some things that bother me. The whole family was involved in the meat/grocery business. R.J's Meats in Central Market on Gratiot just east of Interstate 75 in Detroit, is owned by their son, Ronnie. The Jabalees have another son, Ryan, and daughter, Nicole.

Ron worked in the sales department at Sherwood Foods.
On Friday nights, Ron always called his son to see how closing at the store went. On October 6th, he didn't call. (noone checked--if my father always called I would all and make sure that he and mom were ok--but they didnt???)The next morning, when neither Ron nor Christine arrived at the store for work, all three children began to panic. Rosie, Ryan's girlfriend, (why did the girlfriend and not one of the kids check on their parents sounds strange)went over to the Jabalee home to make sure everything was okay, but what she found was a gruesome crime scene. Ron and Christine were laying in the garage, and there was blood in the driveway.

I am wondering if Ron uncovered something going on at the store--I sitll believe someone in the family knows more than they are telling.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/011708/loc_20080117247.shtml

Interesting:Roger F. Jabalee, 49, of Clinton Township, was ordered Wednesday to spend slightly more than seven years in prison for making powdered cocaine sales to undercover police officers.

Circuit Judge James Biernat's punishment was at the bottom of sentencing guidelines, which showed a range of 87 to 145 months, and came after Jabalee's defense attorney asked the judge to deviate below the recommendation. A dozen family members and supporters of Jabalee also attended the hearing. A minister spoke in Jabalee's favor.
Defense attorney Frank Palazzolo said his client was "easily led" into drug selling due to mental deficiencies since the head injury and his emotional state following the stabbing deaths of Ronald and Christine Jabalee in October 2006 in their New Baltimore home. Roger, who has been on Social Security disability, leaned on his family, including Ronald, for help in day-to-day living.
Roger Jabalee saw the bodies of the couple at the scene of the killings. "The drugs eased the pain," Palazzolo told the judge. "I was really depressed," Roger Jabalee said to the judge in a prepared statement at the sentencing hearing. "I didn't know how I could live without Ronnie. I was more depressed than I ever was. If I didn't get caught, I would be dead now.

I looked at the photo and I thought the letter above was a J and then Seta,...make syou wonder where he was that night.

I just saw that too! Was reading the obit, her sisters married name is Seta. :waitasec:

macomb_daily_news.gif

Christine Jabalee Ronald Jabalee

PUBLISHED: October 10, 2006

Christine Jabalee and her husband, Ronald Jabalee, both 58, have died.
Mr. Jabalee was born March 18, 1948. Mrs. Jabalee was born Sept. 7, 1948, in Detroit.
They are survived by their children, Ronald (Deborah), Nicole (Paul) Schmidt and Ryan (Rosie); and nine grandchildren.
She is also survived by her sister, Claudia (James) Seta; and many nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by her mother, Patricia L. Potter; and sister, Cathy L. Thompson. He is also survived by his mother, Helen; siblings, Barbara (Ray) Lohmann, Carolyn (Tom) Essian, Blenda (Joseph) Polito, Richard (Sharon), Robert (Mary), Roger, Catheren (Cole) Trainor; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his father, Frederick; and sister, Sharon. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons, 36900 Schoenherr (at Metropolitan Parkway), Sterling Heights. Interment will be in Resurrection Cemetery, Clinton Township.

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/101006/obi_20061009023.shtml

JMO, and I mean absolutely no disrespect to what could be a grieving family, but I am leaning towards a family- centered crime. Her sister with the last name Seta probably had some teenaged or grown sons with the same last name... Then there is the family cocaine arrest referenced above. Maybe the younger family punks did the dirty work for the older family members, since this was not a clean kill. These two people suffered enormously before they died, which seems to point to an untrained killer or killers. ( I think more than one person was involved). Also, there was a statement that they knew their killer(s).
Respectfully for the victims,
Maria

There is at least one tall letter after what appears to be the letters " Se".
I believe it says " Sell" "Sele" or " Sela".
Edited to add: I only looked at the letters, not the entire thread. I see that there is family named " Seta". Ohhhh..... really makes one think.

Has there been any more info about this very brutal crime since the blood clue was revealed? Police believe they knew their attacker or attackers. I am hoping this is a solvable crime, probably NOT based upon the very sad attempt to leave a message but because the perp had to have left some physical evidence behind. Maybe there was enough for DNA testing or printing of a shoeprint or fingerprint..
I want this case to be solved. This couple seemed to be good, happy people who definitely wanted to live and had a lot to live for.
God bless.
Maria

I sent that "Seta" in as a tip a few months ago. I never heard back. I'm sure they would've checked it out.

Seems like motive was anger or revenge. Or a hit. Or for maybe a will? Bad business deal gone wrong?
It sure wasn't robbery :(

AN investigator- Stevens stated that Chrisitne wasn't and intended target just at the wrong place at wrong time. That Ron was the intended victim..so why? He worked with the family---the killer had to know him he never screamed, etc. They said Christine must have heard them talking and got up..she wasnt alarmed becuase sh enever called the police. Thast why I think it was a fmaily member. She was writing who the killer was--she had ot no the perosn.

But what bothers me the most is why the kids didnt call when their Dad didnt call at closing as he always had. Then why was the girlfriend checking on the parents and not one of the kids?

NEW BALTIMORE, Mich. - "New Baltimore police said they may be close to making an arrest in the mysterious slaying of a New Baltimore couple"...... new article says
they have narrowed down the list of suspects and they just have to put things together to make an arrest.

"Investigators said they believe the victims knew the killers because there was no forced entry into the home and a clue was left behind by one of the victims."

The life insurance company has asked a judge to allow it to place the money in escrow..
"Named in the lawsuit are the couple's three children: Nicole Schmidt of St. Clair Shores, and Ronald F. and Ryan Jabalee.

The lawsuit states Ronald F. Jabalee is the personal representative of the estates of both of his parents"

Sounds like LE is trying to put the heat on the suspects.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28774583/

NEW BALTIMORE, Mich. - "New Baltimore police said they may be close to making an arrest in the mysterious slaying of a New Baltimore couple"...... new article says
they have narrowed down the list of suspects and they just have to put things together to make an arrest.

"Investigators said they believe the victims knew the killers because there was no forced entry into the home and a clue was left behind by one of the victims."

The life insurance company has asked a judge to allow it to place the money in escrow..
"Named in the lawsuit are the couple's three children: Nicole Schmidt of St. Clair Shores, and Ronald F. and Ryan Jabalee.

The lawsuit states Ronald F. Jabalee is the personal representative of the estates of both of his parents"

Sounds like LE is trying to put the heat on the suspects.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28774583/

This is AWESOME news. This case really haunts me. I wish we knew who the suspects were!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back