Identified! MI - Saginaw Co, Remains w/ Boots in Woods off Chapin Rd, Sep'18 - Xin Rong

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Akweks , im gonna give this ID to you :p even if you didn't officially contribute, you submitted Xin Rong in 2019 and it looks like they didn't get around to working this case w/ Othram until 2021!
It sounds like they didn't even need DNA thru Othram and the ID was made entirely by dental records...if they listened to you @Akweks , they could have made the ID 2 years earlier! ;)

@Akweks , im gonna give this ID to you :p even if you didn't officially contribute, you submitted Xin Rong in 2019 and it looks like they didn't get around to working this case w/ Othram until 2021!
It sounds like they didn't even need DNA thru Othram and the ID was made entirely by dental records...if they listened to you @Akweks , they could have made the ID 2 years earlier! ;)

This is an important point. We need better tools to match up unidentified and missing person records. We need to support efforts like NamUs to catalog these cases as well.

I was just going to say, I'm very happy Xin Rong is able to go home now, but it seems kind of odd that they didn't look at the tip turned in 2 years ago and waited the 2 years for Othram to solve it.

I was just going to say, I'm very happy Xin Rong is able to go home now, but it seems kind of odd that they didn't look at the tip turned in 2 years ago and waited the 2 years for Othram to solve it.
I'm wondering if this is happening more-so because law enforcement/NamUs correspondents/etc are just not paying attention to the tips that come in and not taking them seriously, or they WANT to take them seriously but lack the funding/time to look into things in a timely manner. Probably a bit of both.
I get so frustrated when I submit a tip thru NamUs, where I know ruling out would be possible because they both have dentals or fingerprints available, yet I keep checking back and even a year later they have not been added to the list and I haven't heard anything back. I know I'm a nobody and they don't have to listen to me ofc but I only submit tips if I think they're a very possible ID, and I toss n turn thinking I've just given them the answer and it's written on some sticky note at the bottom of a stack of Costco coupon flyers on the interns desk or something

Watching Sheriff Federspiel on the news at the beginning of the case made me believe the he suspected it was the pilot. I was pleased they took my suggestion and provided pictures of clothing items.
When the news broke of the recent development, one news station referred to the case as a homicide and gave the Othram results of the probable nationality. So I was confused and considered calling the detective for clarification as to whether he pilot had been ruled out.
I’m happy they have the answer. RIP Xin ring.

Watching Sheriff Federspiel on the news at the beginning of the case made me believe the he suspected it was the pilot. I was pleased they took my suggestion and provided pictures of clothing items.
When the news broke of the recent development, one news station referred to the case as a homicide and gave the Othram results of the probable nationality. So I was confused and considered calling the detective for clarification as to whether he pilot had been ruled out.
I’m happy they have the answer. RIP Xin ring.

The NamUs UP record indicated White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino, American Indian / Alaska Native. I think this contributed to the uncertainty. Another reason why Othram advocates for advanced DNA testing. DNA testing is the best way to accurately infer biogeographical origins for unidentified persons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back