MI - Samantha Woll, a Detroit synagogue president, fatally stabbed *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I first heard about this, I thought it was likely politically motivated. But after hearing about where it occurred, it seemed more like someone who knew her.

The arrest with no details was weird to me, but I guess there could be a investigative purpose to the that.

At this point we can't really know one way or the other, we'll have to wait.

One bite of the apple. Just because the person that was arrested wasn't charged that time doesn't mean he won't be charged later, nor does it indicate he's no longer a POI.

I find it interesting that Sam's colleagues and family are not publicly pleading for justice. They've been very discreet and quiet. I think it's only a matter of time before we see an arrest and it's the same person, only this time they will be charged. I suspect it will be someone she was either romantically involved with in the past or present, or someone who was interested in her and rejected/obsessed.

I just wish they'd get a move on. Same with Dr. Hoover's case. Get it together, DPD or ask for more outside help.

MOO
Do you or anyone else find this comment from Samantha's neighbor odd?
Are there personal aspects of her life that the neighbor feels that the public need not ever know.
I've seen nothing reported that was dicey, scandalous or even questionable about Samantha so what could Cole be getting at?

WXYZ Channel 7
https://www.wxyz.com › news › i-hope-they-get-the-...

Nov 13, 2023 —

Snip:

“I think it’s somebody that she knew. I think somebody who knew her, maybe better than she knew them. I think there’s a lot more to this, and I don’t know if it will ever come out or if it’s even necessary for it to come out,” Cole said."

Last edited:
When I first heard about this, I thought it was likely politically motivated. But after hearing about where it occurred, it seemed more like someone who knew her.

The arrest with no details was weird to me, but I guess there could be a investigative purpose to the that.

At this point we can't really know one way or the other, we'll have to wait.
Usually it's the victims and/or neighbor's security cameras that are mentioned during the pressers and I've heard nothing said about them and we all know that's one of the first things that are investigated for evidence.

In today's world it's quite the feat to not be on someone's security footage when you're up to no good, commercial or residential.

Why such a tight-lipped community?

snipped

My hunch about the tight-lipped aspect of this case is because Samantha was well-loved and well-respected in her community and the people are well-informed enough to know that rumors and online speculation might turn disrespectful - and rumors wouldn't help solve the case or help her loved ones mourn and recover.

We do not live in kind times, and certainly not in this moment when the entire world seems angry and hateful, and I think people around Samantha are doing their best to be kind to her memory. (I do not think for one second they are protecting the perp.)

My opinion only.

jmo

Neighbors might be tight-lipped (to the media) from fear. Since a perp is not in custody, they may have suspicions but not want to say anything publicly because the perp is violent, knows where they live, and they don't want to set him off. MOO.

Do you or anyone else find this comment from Samantha's neighbor odd?
Are there personal aspects of her life that the neighbor feels that the public need not ever know.
I've seen nothing reported that was dicey, scandalous or even questionable about Samantha so what could Cole be getting at?

WXYZ Channel 7
https://www.wxyz.com › news › i-hope-they-get-the-...

Nov 13, 2023 —

Snip:

“I think it’s somebody that she knew. I think somebody who knew her, maybe better than she knew them. I think there’s a lot more to this, and I don’t know if it will ever come out or if it’s even necessary for it to come out,” Cole said."

Interesting... this sounds like he may be referring to someone watching her on SM? 'knew her better than she knew them'

Or it could be a member of her synagogue/ community who knew her as leader but didn't have much personal connection to her. Not clear if this is more than speculation anyway, I guess. :( upsetting case
MOO

I can somewhat understand why police are being so tight-lipped. At best, they have some solid, sensitive info about a particular person of interest and are waiting to verify some info/evidence. Worse, they are out of runway and want the media interest in this case to die down/go away. What I don't understand is why the media has been so quiet, and also Sam's friends and family. The media can--and arguably should--report on the public record of who police arrested and on whose home was searched. The police do not need to cooperate or authorize such reporting on public information. The guy who was arrested already knows that police are on to him, so I can't see how publicizing this would harm the police's case. The guy isn't cooperating anyway.

<modsnip: No links. Information stated as fact must be linked to MSM, LE, or other approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually it's the victims and/or neighbor's security cameras that are mentioned during the pressers and I've heard nothing said about them and we all know that's one of the first things that are investigated for evidence.

In today's world it's quite the feat to not be on someone's security footage when you're up to no good, commercial or residential.

<modsnip - no link to statement> If Samantha and her next door neighbor didn't have doorbell cams then I wouldn't necessarily expect the police to find much in that department.

Frustrated to no end that DPD is now asking for the public's help when for 2 months they led us to believe they had it all under control. I've lost all confidence in them.
It would have been helpful if, for example, police told the public whether she left the wedding with someone, or whether she was expecting to meet with someone. Short of naming the person publicly, they could have provided details that might have prompted other witnesses/info to come out.

<modsnip - no link to statement> If Samantha and her next door neighbor didn't have doorbell cams then I wouldn't necessarily expect the police to find much in that department.

This was info from an Oct 23 police update.
I don't get the need for warrants, one would think that neighbors/residents would gladly hand their surveillance footage to LE, whether they think it contains something investigation worthy or not.

Everything we know about the Samantha Woll murder ...

ClickOnDetroit
https://www.clickondetroit.com › local › 2023/11/04

Everything we know about the Samantha Woll murder case in Detroit
Nov 4, 2023 — 23 update, Detroit police said they were working on obtaining search warrants for residential surveillance cameras in Woll's neighborhood. They ...

I hadn't read this before.

This was info from an Oct 23 police update.
I don't get the need for warrants, one would think that neighbors/residents would gladly hand their surveillance footage to LE, whether they think it contains something investigation worthy or not.

Everything we know about the Samantha Woll murder ...

ClickOnDetroit
https://www.clickondetroit.com › local › 2023/11/04

Everything we know about the Samantha Woll murder case in Detroit
Nov 4, 2023 — 23 update, Detroit police said they were working on obtaining search warrants for residential surveillance cameras in Woll's neighborhood. They ...

Maybe the suspect is a well-connected prominent neighbor or community member? If anyone were to say anything they could be sued. What if the suspect is a n attorney for example? This is not based on fact or rumor.

Maybe the suspect is a well-connected prominent neighbor or community member? If anyone were to say anything they could be sued. What if the suspect is a n attorney for example? This is not based on fact or rumor.
I'm thinking it's as simple as the community is acting in a refined and dignified manner, showing respect to both a beloved victim and to LE. I honestly don't think they are afraid, but simply patient and waiting for justice to play out. I could be wrong, but that's my take.

jmo

I am going to read back, such an upsetting case, all I can think of, no rumour or scandal, or gossip or any of that, is a man jealous of her having a possible love interest that is not him. Not a new story in crimes. IMO. Delete if needed, I am not at all being rude or gossipy.

Samantha is a well known and loved community member but I was curious what the need for warrants is for LE to obtain neighborhood surveillance footage.
I would think that everyone with security cameras in the area of her home would have checked theirs and that LE had already canvased the area, spoke to neighbors if they saw anything and asked about security cameras on their property and could they look at and/or have the footage.
I may be way off on this but it came across to me that LE needs warrants to obtain some homeowner's camera's footage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavakaga
Back