MI - Shanda Vander Ark, charged with Murder and child abuse of son, 15, Norton Shores, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m happy with the sentence Paul Ferguson got. I said the same thing- he enjoyed tormenting his brother. He came up with some of the torture on his own. He and his mom were two peas in a pod. Cruel. Sociopathic.

For creating a concentration camp victim out of your own brother, a minimum of 30 years is as close to civilized Justice as we can get.

Vinnie Politan will feature Timothy's case 08/11/24 on his show called Accomplice to Murder. Season 2 Episode 12, last episode of season 2. Hope this link is ok, I know it's TikTok but it's CourtTV TikTok and all I can find right now.

Nine times during Timothy’s life child protective services staff in Oklahoma investigated the Ferguson family home. Most investigations led to unsubstantiated findings. However, on one occasion, social workers removed the children from the parents’ care because of safety concerns. A court order even tried to limit the contact Shanda Vander Ark, Timothy’s mother, had with the boy.

Authorities took their most extreme action – removing the children from the home – in 2009. Timothy, who had special needs, was 3 at the time.

The four Ferguson children spent two years in foster care in separate homes while their parents worked on their parental problems. When a child is removed from their parents’ custody, it’s almost always the initial goal to reunify them, a social services spokesperson said.

Eric and Shanda filed for divorce shortly after losing custody of their children and took different routes in the reunification process.

To get his kids back, Eric Ferguson completed counseling and parenting courses required by the state. Shanda, on the other hand, stopped participating in courses, telling a social worker, “She worked through everything she was willing to.”

An Oklahoma judge granted the father full custody of all children while the mother was given supervised visitation rights. Shanda remarried and moved to Michigan, leaving behind her four children – Nolan, Paul, Millie and Timothy – in Oklahoma.

Eric sent Timothy to live with Shanda in Norton Shores a decade later. Within about a year’s time under Shanda’s care, Timothy was dead.

MUSKEGON, MI – A man sentenced to up to 100 years in prison for enforcing brutal punishments that led to his younger brother’s eventual death now wants a lighter punishment.

Paul Ferguson is serving a minimum 30-year prison stint for his role helping his mother, Shanda Vander Ark, torture and starve 15-year-old Timothy Ferguson to death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back