MI MI - Tamara Greene, 27, Detroit, 30 April 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thankful for all the information and links that Golfmom and Suzi have been giving, too. Just lurking here, nothing new to add, it's all so mind-boggling! And, while I live in Michigan, I don't live in Detroit and am not aware of the "word on the street", or else I'd be piping in with some comments, too! Keep it coming, gang, it's appreciated! :blowkiss:

What part of Michigan are you at? I am in Wayne county (with Detroit), but not in the city. The news is usually full of Kwames actions, and I watch it while I work out...maybe I need to find something happier to watch. LOL. I find it so depressing, plus the winter that will not end. Oh how I want good news and sunshine. :)

:bang: .. yet ANOTHER classic Richard J. Daley move. It's like Kilpatrick found Daley's mayoral playbook.

LOL. I also thought about Drew Peterson. I wonder who actually is going to donate to that fund. Since he hired all his friends and family to do city work he has that going for him, but since most people in Michigan do not have extra money because of the economy, not sure how well that plan is going to work for his "justice" fund. :confused: If he was so concerned for justice he would resign and let the city get back to business and quit scaring everyone away. :rolleyes:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080327/NEWS01/803270388

Two more lawyers connected to Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's text message scandal have been sent investigative letters from the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission, the Free Press has learned.
Wilson Copeland II of Detroit and William Mitchell III of Southfield were among 10 lawyers sent letters late last week at the onset of a commission probe of the lawyers' conduct. The Free Press identified the other eight lawyers Wednesday (more at link)

Suzi, can you give some input as to how locals are responding to everything that's coming out? Local media seems to portray an even split as to the public's support of Kilpatrick. Looks to me online that everyone's grillin' him like a tuna. Outside of his lawyers, is anyone really believing his $hit?

People in the burbs and some in the city want him gone...some in the city want him to stay...but I look at it like this concerning those people..even serial killers have their sympathizers....:rolleyes:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080327/NEWS01/80327037

Less than a day after Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick’s office confirmed he would form a legal defense fund, the fund has its first controversy.
Television personality Greg Mathis, a former Detroit 36th District Court judge who is the star of the “Judge Mathis” reality court show, announced that – contrary to the mayor’s claims – Mathis is not helping to run the fund.
It had been reported that Mathis would be one of the committee’s leaders.
Mathis today sent the Free Press a fax that said: “I was contacted Wednesday afternoon (March 26, 2008) by Mayor Kilpatrick. He asked if I could serve on his legal defense committee. I informed him I support due process, but I could not support him.
“This is the same type of deceit that has plunged our city into a deep crisis,” Mathis’s statement continued. “Not only do I not support him, but I recommend he resign so the city can heal and move forward.” (more at link)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15725586/detail.html

(snips)
Friday is an important day in court for two city employees accused of not cooperating with Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's perjury investigation into Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

Top attorney John Johnson will be in court Friday morning to explain why he ignored Worthy's investigation. In Monday's hearing however, Johnson had a change of heart and said he's prepared to answer all outstanding questions.
Deputy Director of Human Resources Patricia Peoples will also be in court Friday. Officials close to the investigation said Peoples destroyed city officials' credit card records and business calendars.

A judge accused Peoples of using stall tactics when she showed up to court on Monday without a lawyer. The judge ordered Peoples to be back in court on Friday and said if she did not have a lawyer with her and refused to cooperate, she could be held in contempt of court.

Patricia Peoples appearance should be interesting. On Monday, first she wanted the proceeding held privately for her, then she carried on that she wasn't properly notified, and rolled her eyes at the judge telling him she didn't know what he was talking about.

She's a naughty little cousin, if she indeed did destroy documents to protect KK.

OH PLEASE ... my sides hurt from laughing so hard. Judge Mathis for MAYOR!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080328/METRO01/803280349/1410

DETROIT -- The launch of a legal fund for embattled Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick got off to a bumpy start Thursday when television judge Greg Mathis denied being a lead fundraiser and called on the mayor to resign.

"Not only do I not support him, but I recommend he resign so the city can heal and move forward," Mathis said in a released statement, adding that Kilpatrick solicited his help on Wednesday. "This is the same type of deceit that has plunged our city into deep crisis."

The Rev. Horace Sheffield III, another committee member, accused Mathis of wanting to run for mayor himself.

"It's one thing to say you got it wrong and another to castigate the mayor," Sheffield said. "I just don't believe in kicking someone when they are down. Say thanks but no thanks."

Patricia Peoples appearance should be interesting. On Monday, first she wanted the proceeding held privately for her, then she carried on that she wasn't properly notified, and rolled her eyes at the judge telling him she didn't know what he was talking about.

She's a naughty little cousin, if she indeed did destroy documents to protect KK.

What is with these women rolling their eyes. I love how they show that clip of Christine Beaty in court when they are questioning her and she rolls her eyes. Gosh, do they realize how stupid and uneducated they look when they do it in court. :rolleyes: Are they really that much better then EVERYONE else that they cannot be bothered with the truth...gee, sorry for bothering you your heiness. Now please drag your precious behind to jail. :behindbar

Just in case anyone wants to donate to Kilpatrick's defense ...

http://www.detroitjusticefund.com/

Now everyone get busy donating. How much do you think I could get for selling one of my kidneys. Kwame needs our help people....he obviously didn't steal enough money from the city he needs us to donate our hard earned money that he has no opportunity to steal.

OH PLEASE ... my sides hurt from laughing so hard. Judge Mathis for MAYOR!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080328/METRO01/803280349/1410

DETROIT -- The launch of a legal fund for embattled Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick got off to a bumpy start Thursday when television judge Greg Mathis denied being a lead fundraiser and called on the mayor to resign.

"Not only do I not support him, but I recommend he resign so the city can heal and move forward," Mathis said in a released statement, adding that Kilpatrick solicited his help on Wednesday. "This is the same type of deceit that has plunged our city into deep crisis."

The Rev. Horace Sheffield III, another committee member, accused Mathis of wanting to run for mayor himself.

"It's one thing to say you got it wrong and another to castigate the mayor," Sheffield said. "I just don't believe in kicking someone when they are down. Say thanks but no thanks."

Oh geez, please give me a break. I get so tired when good honest hardworking african american people try to stand up and do the right thing and then get called 'uncle toms' for there trouble. Just because someone is the same race as you does not mean you should just blindly support them. Do they not realize this just gives the prejudiced white idiots more ammo? (btw I am white, but not a predudiced white idiot :) ) Why would Mathis want to run for office? It certainly could not pay him as much as his TV gig, well unless he want's to divert funds, etc.

This has been interesting to follow. It's like watching a bus driver (Kwame) keep driving the bus as the wheels fall off one by one, but he refuses to pull over.

Heh, heh, You get watch how interesting it will be. Here is a link to a live feed. It's not up yet and no time for the hearing is stated. I'll keep searching.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/15730482/index.html

All I'm getting is audio and they are discussing discovery motions regarding the text messages.

Hmmmm, live feed went bye bye and hasn't come back up.

I've got the audio now. I wonder why they're not showing what's happening? Aren't proceedings to start at in 10 minutes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avbeee
Back