MI MI - Tamara Greene, 27, Detroit, 30 April 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, now McCargo :liar: & Colbert-Osamuede's :liar: lies to the city council have been outed.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080426/NEWS01/804260352

E-mails released Friday in a Free Press lawsuit against the City of Detroit show that Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's city-paid attorney fretted about the release of a police whistle-blower settlement because of the "potential adverse impact" if the news media got ahold of it.
---------
In one e-mail sent last fall, Samuel McCargo, a private lawyer paid by the city to represent Kilpatrick in the police lawsuits, wrote that certain terms of the deal were supposed to have been included in a separate, confidential letter. But Mike Stefani, the lawyer for three cops who sued Kilpatrick, had included the terms in the settlement document itself.

"I will leave it to Val's judgment as to the potential adverse impact such language might have given the potential broad base of public and media disclosure this document is likely to receive," McCargo wrote in an apparent reference to city lawyer Valerie Colbert-Osamuede. :doh: :doh: :doh:

"potential adverse impact"....

Oh brother. They knew it was wrong or they wouldn't have feared the "potential adverse impact".

Thanks for bringing the updates to the thread this morning. Between this case, the FLDS and The River Killers, my head is spinning.

"potential adverse impact"....

Oh brother. They knew it was wrong or they wouldn't have feared the "potential adverse impact".

Thanks for bringing the updates to the thread this morning. Between this case, the FLDS and The River Killers, my head is spinning.

Yeah ... too much to follow. I'm going to be flaky for awhile too as the golf season's starting up.

This is important on a couple of levels. 1. Kilpatrick keeps slippin' items past the council AND 2. this attorney was paid by the council and had a DUTY to report to them the secret deal as he was hired to represent city interests.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080426/NEWS01/804260312/1003/NEWS

City of Detroit officials gave a contract to the private attorney hired to assist with requests in the criminal investigation of Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick that was $500 below the threshold that is required for council approval.

The $24,500 contract to James Burdick is the second time in two months that the city's Law Department has come under scrutiny for awarding a contract just below the threshold to an attorney. In February, the city awarded a $24,950 contract to Mayer Morganroth's firm for representation in the lawsuit against the city by the family of slain stripper Tamara Greene.
The chair of that committee, Councilwoman Sheila Cockrel, said the move shows the administration continues to circumvent the council and the contract-approval process.

"I wasn't surprised," she said. "There's lawyers all over the place. Clearly the administration has no intent of bringing the contracts to the table."

Oh, Kwame ... he takes arguing out of both sides of his mouth up to a whole new level.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080428/METRO/804280365

Greene, who used the stage name "Strawberry," has been linked to a long rumored but never substantiated party at the mayor's Manoogian Mansion in the fall of 2002.

Norman Yatooma, Flagg's lawyer, several weeks ago subpoenaed SkyTel pager text messages for Kilpatrick and 33 other current or former police and city officials. Yatooma on Sunday called the motion to quash subpoenas seeking the text messages "ridiculous."

"First of all, Beatty is not a subscriber, and this act protects only the subscriber," Yatooma said. "The city is the subscriber, not Ms. Beatty. And the city is in conflict with itself, because the city, through the City Council, is asking for these same text messages.

"Also, the mayor has already waived these arguments many years ago when he said all such information is public information," Yatooma said. "He put that in writing."

Jinxie, all their kissy face text was flat out boring. But, the rest of it was unbelievable ... seeing how the whole conspiracy unfolded in the firing of Brown. Crazy that all those folks are still running the show. Of course except for the fall-princess Beaty.

Jinxie, all their kissy face text was flat out boring. But, the rest of it was unbelievable ... seeing how the whole conspiracy unfolded in the firing of Brown. Crazy that all those folks are still running the show. Of course except for the fall-princess Beaty.

You know - at first I felt some sympathy for her. But with all that's coming out? I "just ain't feeling it no more" LOL. A part of me wouldn't be shocked if it came out they are still strategizing together - after all "She will be his girl forever" .......

You know - at first I felt some sympathy for her. But with all that's coming out? I "just ain't feeling it no more" LOL. A part of me wouldn't be shocked if it came out they are still strategizing together - after all "She will be his girl forever" .......

I really don't have much sympathy for her, but I hate the double standard. He's just as guilty as she is and he's still pullin' a paycheck.

I really don't have much sympathy for her, but I hate the double standard. He's just as guilty as she is and he's still pullin' a paycheck.

A part of me thinks he's working behind the scenes on her a new job somewhere else, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of his "funds" is paying her way. After all she was on several of his committees (& collecting a paycheck) and nothing has been said (Or if it has I've missed it!) about her positions w/ those organizations being over kwim?

The thing that pissed me off about the text messages? His whole n**ga references. Then he wants to make it like he was "FORCED" to say those words so people knew what he was dealing w/ at his little invitation only presser. Well buddy, it's all there in B&W, guess you're a bit f8cked now eh?

Kwame's Motto: "Do not ask what the city can do for you, but ask what you can do for Kwame!"

He has no respect for anybody, but himself. He lead Christine Beatty on promising her stuff (like he does the city) and was never planning on following through. Why would he? He's getting what he wants now. Just think of all the business deals he has conducted like that. This is why people are moving out. He probably has his little pinky in everything in the city and the city just can't feel it. Why do you think he has that self-satisfied look on his face?

Christine needs to see that he used her and she should turn on him. She would at least be a little bit of a hero by sending Kwame to prison.

Kwame's Motto: "Do not ask what the city can do for you, but ask what you can do for Kwame!"

He has no respect for anybody, but himself. He lead Christine Beatty on promising her stuff (like he does the city) and was never planning on following through. Why would he? He's getting what he wants now. Just think of all the business deals he has conducted like that. This is why people are moving out. He probably has his little pinky in everything in the city and the city just can't feel it. Why do you think he has that self-satisfied look on his face?

Christine needs to see that he used her and she should turn on him. She would at least be a little bit of a hero by sending Kwame to prison.

Start digging, guys-i am sure you could give her incentive to cut bait with him....however, I am curious as to what exactly he could do that would cause her to draw a line in the sand and not be associated with him-after all, corruption, whispers of murder etc doesn't seem to have given her pause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TvgtGlcdTE

Monica Conyers debates with children. My goodness does she realize how ignorant she acts. This girl is awesome, I am suprised Conyers didn't call her names, too.

I am wondering how much common sense the leaders of Detroit have. It reminds me of elementary school. Now KK said that no one can prove that it was him and Beatty who sent the texts. :waitasec:

Someone remind me again why Detroit is going to Hell in a handbasket.

Texts Show Mayor Handpicked Internal Affairs Chief

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/16091551/detail.html

DETROIT -- Newly released text messages in the City Hall scandal surrounding Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick show that the mayor had handpicked and promoted the head of Internal Affairs, the guy who would be in charge of investigating him if corruption charges ever surfaced.

A judge on Tuesday allowed the release of raunchy text messages that a lawyer allegedly used to get Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to shell out $8 million in city money to make a police whistle-blower lawsuit go away.

Brian Stair is among the names mentioned in the newly released text messages.

The mayor wanted and hired Stair to run Internal Affairs right after he fired Gary Brown for investigating allegations that included a wild party at the Manoogian Mansion.

When Kilpatrick fired Brown, he exchanged texts with Beatty, writing: "What about Stair as commander? It's a powerful statement." Beatty responded: "Can't skip steps right away."

Brown said citizens should be outraged that it will be Stair's job to investigate the mayor if evidence of corruption comes up regarding the mayor.

"You just can't have government officials poking their nose into internal affairs. Internal affairs has to be able to do their work without interference from governmental officials, especially when the governmental officials that are controlling internal affairs have public corruption issues themselves."

Monica Conyers debates with children. My goodness does she realize how ignorant she acts. This girl is awesome, I am suprised Conyers didn't call her names, too.

I am wondering how much common sense the leaders of Detroit have. It reminds me of elementary school. Now KK said that no one can prove that it was him and Beatty who sent the texts. :waitasec:

The people of Detroit need to start getting a recall petition on Monica Conyers. When Kwame is removed from office, Cockrel Jr. will be acting-Mayor and that moves President Pro-Tem Conyers into the seat of City Council President. We thought crazy stuff happens now in council meetings, just wait until Conyers starts running them.

OH MY GOSH ... that video is unbelievable! Ms. Conyers is OUT OF CONTROL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxiGdwngNY&feature=related

Part II interview with Conyers. She's just so beautiful that every one keeps bullying her ... she's just not going to take it any more.

That video was hilirious!! I know I am a little jealous of her beauty, and I do feel a little threatened by Kwame because he is a powerful black man. I take back everything I have ever said about them, they are great professional people who are making the city of Detroit a WONDERFUL city. People like me are just jealous and are making these things up. What wonderful role models they are. I am sorry for ever questioning their authority and leadership skills...I shall go bury my head in sand. :blowkiss:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/16167161/detail.html

Slain stripper Tamara Greene's two other children filed a motion to join their half-brother in a $150 million wrongful death lawsuit against Detroit officials.

Greene's daughters, Ashly Jackson, 12, and 6-year-old daughter, India, who lives with relatives in Western Michigan, are joining their brother, Jonathon Bond, in the lawsuit.(more at link)

The people of Detroit need to start getting a recall petition on Monica Conyers. When Kwame is removed from office, Cockrel Jr. will be acting-Mayor and that moves President Pro-Tem Conyers into the seat of City Council President. We thought crazy stuff happens now in council meetings, just wait until Conyers starts running them.

Omg, the drama!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy