MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He dropped them off with her ... WHERE? Pretending for a minute I believe this story ... if it wasn't at her residence, and they met at a public place ... would there be video surveillance?

Skelton – who is now recuperating in an Ohio mental health facility – reportedly told investigators he dropped the boys (9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner) off Friday morning with a woman by the name of Joann Taylor, whom he allegedly met online.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20445519,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

This case is certainly strange and troubling. I think an earlier poster hit on a very critical point: If he didn't want his kids to see him kill himself why not just wait until they were back with their mother?

From what I have read about criminology and profiling, there is usually a stressor in a case like this....the stressors here seem obvious....failed marriage, facing foreclosure, etc. In fact, one poster pointed out that the house was foreclosed on 10/28/10....I don't know Michigan law, but I think typically you have 30 days from the date of foreclosure to essentially buy back your house, meaning that time period would have elapsed on 11/28/10 if that is the case in MI. This of course coincides with Thanksgiving, a notoriously high time for suicides.

I don't see the mother's RSO status having much to do with the motive here. This wasn't new information to JS. If he's a trucker, even when the marriage was happy he probably left the boys with her for long periods unsupervised.

My friend's husband committed suicide last Thanksgiving and left behind a wife and three boys. He was very depressed, but he hid it very well...we were shocked when we heard. That's depression.

IMHO, this is something else. Either he had a true mental break, a la Andrea Yates, or this is more similar to a Diane Downs situation, where JT is the bushy-haired stranger. These are generally such manipulative personalities that 1) they cannot just let the other parent have the children or another relative, or even foster care, because they tend to see their family as possessions, and 2) they are completely convinced in their manipulative skills, and so believe their flimsy cover stories will hold up to scrutiny.

This isn't looking too good. I am a bit surprised that the father (JS) was allowed custody of the boys over Thanksgiving since a warrant had to be issued recently to return the boys from Florida where he apparently took them without permission. This article states that he had begun to isolate himself - not a good sign for someone who is under high pressure due to divorce, foreclosure, etc. No excuse by any means, but I predict this guy will crack and tell what happened after they get him stabilized and on enough meds to realize what he has done.

"Jennifer O’Brien, who said she is a cousin to John Skelton, said she’s shocked by the disappearance of the boys. She said her cousin used to be in the Army and grew up in a military family.

She said that when her cousin, who was previously married, moved to Morenci, she introduced him to Tanya, who she is also friends with. O’Brien said Tanya Skelton has wanted to separate from her husband, who had begun isolating himself, for a few years."

Read more: Search continues for 3 missing Morenci brothers | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201011...-for-3-missing-Morenci-brothers#ixzz16e6x6YuM

I found 50 women with the name Joann/Joanne Taylor in Michigan, and that was with a 411 search. I'm sure if I tried harder, I'd find more.

The fastest, simplest method for LE would be checking email messages and phone calls he allegedly received. Say they can't "verify" the existence of JT from that ... much the same way that email from nowaymontana@yahoomsnhotmail.com would not prove that I exist. It would only prove that someone using that email address sent email.

So LE searches for all JTs in Michigan (or an X-mile radius) and is in the process of investigating everyone with that name, if they find that none of the JTs were the women he allegedly left the children with, it makes sense they have not been able to "verify that the JT Skelton described even exists," doesn't it?

Crocus ... according to this the boys went to his house on Wednesday:

The Skelton boys — Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5 — went to their dad’s house Wednesday and, by Friday, had disappeared. That day, their father, John Skelton, attempted suicide, survived and told police he had handed over his boys to a woman, who police say they have no information exists.

Read more: Search continues for 3 missing Morenci brothers | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201011...-for-3-missing-Morenci-brothers#ixzz16eBEmS00

Thanks for the info, Reannan. Another poster referenced the List case from 1971. This case is covered in John Douglas' book, The Anatomy of Motive . Douglas notes that List was an accountant who grew up in a very strict household and that perhaps this made it especially hard for him to see his life unraveling, being such an orderly personality. Could also see a military man from a military family developing the same type of personality.

Of course, the caveat must be added that the vast majority of our military men and women are some of our best, healthiest, most productive citizens, and I am not implying that they're all rigid people prone to snapping.

I found 50 women with the name Joann Taylor in Michigan, and that was with a 411 search. I'm sure if I tried harder, I'd find more.

The fastest, simplest method for LE would be checking email messages and phone calls he allegedly received. Say they can't "verify" the existence of JT from that ... much the same way that email from nowaymontana@yahoomsnhotmail.com would not prove that I exist. It would only prove that someone using that email address sent email.

So LE searches for all JTs in Michigan (or an X-mile radius) and is in the process of investigating everyone with that name, if they find that none of the JTs were the women he allegedly left the children with, it makes sense they have not been able to "verify that the JT Skelton described even exists," doesn't it?
How did he arrange to have her pick up the children? There must've been some communication, either by phone, e-mail, or a message on a website. There must have been past e-mails or messages. If he's cooperating with police to find her, they wouldn't have to search every JT in the country. He would turn over her phone number, or show them e-mails and messages. Surely, they would find some identifying information. An IP address, for example.

I think he harmed those boys and thought he'd commit suicide afterward. When he couldn't go through with it, he had to come up with an alibi quickly and didn't have time to think it through. Or he's a real sociopath and thought the world would buy his goofy story, a la Casey Anthony.

I am still not understanding why this Joann Taylor is still seemingly non-existent. BOTH parents have said they have communicated with her, Tanya said she has but LE has not released HOW she communicated with her. Are we being led to believe now that the dad "made up" the woman and then struck up a relationship with Tanya as "Joann" so she would think she was talking to her? That takes alot of planning, if true, would mean that dad has been planning this for a bit?

I am still not understanding why this Joann Taylor is still seemingly non-existent. BOTH parents have said they have communicated with her, Tanya said she has but LE has not released HOW she communicated with her. Are we being led to believe now that the dad "made up" the woman and then struck up a relationship with Tanya as "Joann" so she would think she was talking to her? That takes alot of planning, if true, would mean that dad has been planning this for a bit?

Or he could have made it up to mess with her, if he's compute savvy enough.. maybe he suspected she was having an affair and was trying to get buddy buddy with her get info. and in a moment of panic realizing he couldn't go through with the suicide..reverted to this fake name.. stating the fake person had the kids..

OR

Say this woman IS real... people are saying she would have come forward by now....IF she's real we have no idea what she's been told, she could have easily verified the wife's RSO status maybe he told her she was abusing the boys and this woman believes she's helping to rescue them from a bad situation......

Just a couple thoughts....

I think this plan was put into motion when the kids were brought back from Florida. Dad might have decided that next time mom doesn't get them back. However method he chose.

Do we know if dad had any visitation since the Florida incident or was Thanksgiving the first time?

Interesting. LE says they have not been able to contact a Joann Taylor; this poster says LE has been to her house she does not have the boys.

Someone wanting 15 minutes?

See mommyof4boys post at 12 hours ago, that addresses Tanya's RSO status and that LE have not located Joann Taylor.

There is a Joann Taylor on the Hillsdale County register of deeds http://counties.recordfusion.com/co...sg=error.invalidpassword&countyname=Hillsdale login as guest I don't know where in the county it is.

Search for missing boys shakes tiny town of Morenci

Volunteers fan out; police hunt for dad's elusive Internet friend

Mike Wilkinson and Christine MacDonald / The Detroit News
Last Updated: November 29. 2010 1:00AM

Morenci— Three days of searches and investigation have turned up no leads in the disappearance of three Lenawee County brothers or any evidence of the woman who allegedly has them.

From The Detroit News:

http://detnews.com/article/20101129...oys-shakes-tiny-town-of-Morenci#ixzz16eROa65r

Dad is the last link to these boys - and I hope pray he didn't do the unthinkable. Looking at their faces in the photos is heartwrenching.

Praying for answers to come to light soon.

I have to now stay off of lenconnect.com as I am getting furious at the mom's "friends" who say "SO what" to her being a sex offender. She "made a mistake"...the victim "chose" to have sex with her...uh yeah..he was 13, she was 33! I just cannot take that double standard that people have when the perp is a woman as they would more than likely NOT being saying these things in support of the father if he had had sex at 33 with a 13 year old girl! Ugh..makes me sick.

Jashrema if what you have said is the truth then I totally agree with you, I am sure this lady is probably a nice lady, good parent etc etc but if she was having sex with a 13 year old it is extremely hypocritical of these friends to say it was a mistake. If this had of been a man, he would have been crucified in those comments!!!

I can not remember the name of the famous case you had in the US, the teacher and the student, but that lady was absolutely shamed, ridiculed and hounded. What makes this so different????? Didnt that teacher lose custody of her children?

I am really scared for these little boys. How often have we heard of these custody battles ending up with the children being the victims to get back at the other parent. And we are talking about a man who has hit rockbottom, his marriage has collapsed, he is about to lose his house and his wife is fighting him for his children. I really am praying (and Im not religious) that he did in fact give them to someone to hide from her and not the other tragic possible outcome we are all thinking of.

Jashrema if what you have said is the truth then I totally agree with you, I am sure this lady is probably a nice lady, good parent etc etc but if she was having sex with a 13 year old it is extremely hypocritical of these friends to say it was a mistake. If this had of been a man, he would have been crucified in those comments!!!

I can not remember the name of the famous case you had in the US, the teacher and the student, but that lady was absolutely shamed, ridiculed and hounded. What makes this so different????? Didnt that teacher lose custody of her children?

I am really scared for these little boys. How often have we heard of these custody battles ending up with the children being the victims to get back at the other parent. And we are talking about a man who has hit rockbottom, his marriage has collapsed, he is about to lose his house and his wife is fighting him for his children. I really am praying (and Im not religious) that he did in fact give them to someone to hide from her and not the other tragic possible outcome we are all thinking of.

bbm

Mary Kay Letourneau

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/marykay_letourneau/6.html

Just so more trivial stuff:

About this CookI am a 39 yr. old stay-at-home mother of 6: 3 girls; ages 18, 14, 12, and 3 boys; ages 4, , 0. Five are my own and 1 is my step daughter. The 3 boys are my husband's and mine together. We also have a cat named Shadow.
My favorite things to cook
Chicken, all ways. I love to experiment. I'm also learning to cook fish and am really enjoying that.
My favorite family cooking traditions
When I was growing up, every Christmas morning my mom would make a breakfast egg casserole. I am passing that tradition on to my own children. My husband also loves to cook and I really enjoy when he and I can be in the kitchen together just creating and having fun.
My cooking triumphs
I love to decorate cakes, but have no formal training...all self taught. I baked AND decorated my oldest daughter's cakes for her high school graduation...they were beautiful!! I was so proud of myself.
My cooking tragedies
Christmas dinner 2003. We planned to eat around 1:00 or so, well, the turkey was not done and we weren't able to eat until 4:00!!! Thank goodness it was just us and no outside guests that year.

link: http://allrecipes.com/Cook/18082262/

The other cook & me...my hubby john

John.jpg

Mel

I guess that is not so much an alias as a maiden name?

I'm not saying that LE haven't located Joanne Taylors ... in the area that he said his JT lived ... I'm just saying that they haven't located the JT that Skelton said he gave the kids to because IMO she doesn't exist.

He may have provided a phone number or an email address to LE but those aren't going to pan out either. Again, IMO.

I think that because LE hasn't said "We've called the phone number that Mr. Skelton provided to us, but we have not been able to contact JT."

They've said they haven't been able to show that JT exists.

Crocus, the thing that strikes me about the photo of the boys is that the smiles on their faces never reach their eyes. JMO

Thanks MGardner ... I've been wondering what JS looked like.

Thanks MGardner ... I've been wondering what JS looked like.

That looks to be an old one. Here's one from Tanya's MS page. It also looks like John Skelton took down his FB page. Can anyone else pull it up? John Russell Skelton. It was there, now poof - gone.

Thanks,

Mel

Skeltons.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics