MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know when the last independent sighting of these kids were. Were they in school last week?

ITA-
Also, what is the custody arrangement? With mom, with dad, 50/50?
When were they last with mom, and did she drop them off or did dad pick up?
Who did they spend Thanksgiving with, and were there other family/friends there who can verify seeing them?

There is appallingly little information about these three boys who have been missing more than 24 hours.

Why is'nt the fathers name published? The kids are named and the supposed abductor and possibly her husbands name are there but I can't find the fathers. Just wondering out loud.

Although the fathers name is known now, I thought I would give you a possible answer to this one. My local paper recently had a story of a man's body being found as an apparent suicide. They have a policy to not release the name of suicide victims or people that have attempted suicide. I would imagine that is the case here. Hope that helps.

Here's a lot more information on Joann, the father, etc.

The boys' father, John Skelton, left the children Friday in the care of a woman he met several years ago with her husband when their vehicle broke down on the side of a road, with the intent that she would return them to their mother.

Skelton, who is separated from the boys' mother, Tanya Skelton, wanted the children out of the house when he committed suicide, he told police. He is now in an Ohio hospital and the children have not been seen since early Friday afternoon, when Morenci Police issued an Amber Alert.

Andrew Ryan Skelton, 9, Alexander William Skelton, 7, and Tanner Lucas Skelton, 5, are missing. Police are working with members of the family and neighbors to determine when they were last seen by someone other than their father.

Skelton told police that all three boys were taken by Joann Taylor, with whom he maintained an online relationship after their initial roadside meeting. Taylor picked the boys up from their father's home and took them away in a silver or white minivan, Skelton said.

Nichole DiCenso, a Morenci resident who knows the Skeltons, said this is at least the second time the boys' mother has had to search for them.

"(John Skelton) has taken them to Florida before, just after school started," DiCenso said. "She had to go down there and get them.
"

Snipped from http://www.detnews.com/article/2010...County-children-abducted--in-“extreme-danger”

It should be easy for LE to verify the online connection with this woman. I fear it will be more like debunk the online connection as this lady and her husband do not exist.

It should be easy for LE to verify the online connection with this woman. I fear it will be more like debunk the online connection as this lady and her husband do not exist.

Suzi- I was just thinking that as well... This Joann person has also been really bothering me. If you play this out, assuming that this woman actually does exist, I mean, who takes someone else's kids to return them to the other parent? I wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot pole. I'd be on the phone with the other parent or LE if necessary. Certainly if she knew he was suicidal!

But, if there is a real Joann....
This may be kinda out-there, but-- What if he does have a friend/acquaintance named Joann, who is away visiting for T-G weekend.... What if he is actually trying to cover up something he did? Perhaps he used her name, knowing that she won't even be back in town for a couple of days? A wild goose chase that gives him time to check out of the hospital and disappear?

I know, it's out there, but it's the perfect time of year to use someone else as a cover- LE would have a heck of a time finding a lot of families at this point!

Hmmmm....wonder why the mother didn't have custody....and why he was allowed to have them if he had already done this once before.

I'm feeling more confident about "Joann" if their relationship started in real life and if she had been friends with him 'for years'. But, obviously, she didn't do whatever she was supposed to do.....so either John is lying, "Joann" had an accident on the way to the mother's home, or she had no intention of returning them to their mother.

Hmmmm....wonder why the mother didn't have custody....and why he was allowed to have them if he had already done this once before.

I'm feeling more confident about "Joann" if their relationship started in real life and if she had been friends with him 'for years'. But, obviously, she didn't do whatever she was supposed to do.....so either John is lying, "Joann" had an accident on the way to the mother's home, or she had no intention of returning them to their mother.

It is thanksgiving, they could have been with father for the holiday.

I find it kinda hard to believe that if the father knew Joann for several years (with an internet relationship) why the ONLY things he knows about her is her husbands name and profession, and what city she lives in.

Also, if Joanns husband is a pastor, that should be incredibly easy to find. There aren't that many churches (I googled it..) in either of those two cities. Maybe 30 churches total. LE could just check out all those churches, realize that there's no pastor named Mark Taylor in any of them..and there you go.

You'd think that, as the media attention grows, IF this couple exists someone would come forward and say "well, our pastors name is Mark Taylor" or "oh, my neighbors name is Joann Taylor.." but no..nothing so far. I find it odd, especially because we're not talking about a giant city like Chicago or something here. These are semi-small towns.

If the father really did hand over the kids, I think it's more than likely that their names aren't Joann and Mark Taylor.

Really curious what this guy did with / to those three little guys........

I find it kinda hard to believe that if the father knew Joann for several years (with an internet relationship) why the ONLY things he knows about her is her husbands name and profession, and what city she lives in.

(respectfully snipped)

I wonder (again, if there even IS a Joann at all) if their 'relationship' could have been as 'friends' on FB or such. What one person calls a 'relationship' could be pretty limited (especially someone who is clearly not in his right mind)
jmo

(respectfully snipped)

I wonder (again, if there even IS a Joann at all) if their 'relationship' could have been as 'friends' on FB or such. What one person calls a 'relationship' could be pretty limited (especially someone who is clearly not in his right mind)
jmo

Good point. Time to go find if Joann Taylor has a Facebook........

Also, if Joanns husband is a pastor, that should be incredibly easy to find. There aren't that many churches (I googled it..) in either of those two cities. Maybe 30 churches total. LE could just check out all those churches, realize that there's no pastor named Mark Taylor in any of them..and there you go.

You'd think that, as the media attention grows, IF this couple exists someone would come forward and say "well, our pastors name is Mark Taylor" or "oh, my neighbors name is Joann Taylor.." but no..nothing so far. I find it odd, especially because we're not talking about a giant city like Chicago or something here. These are semi-small towns.

If the father really did hand over the kids, I think it's more than likely that their names aren't Joann and Mark Taylor.

I agree with you, although I thought I read it as Jackson or Hillsdale Counties which would be a larger area.

I would like to know how they kept in touch online- forums, facebook, email... I haven't found the father on facebook yet as there are tons of people with the same name. Still working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444