MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Skelton, the father of three missing boys, is going be charged with three counts of parental kidnapping in connection with their disappearance, police said today.

Skelton was released today from the Fulton County (Ohio) Health Center and taken into custody by FBI agents out of Toledo, said Morenci, Mich., police chief Larry Weeks.

The charges are from Lenawee County, so Skelton will be have to be extradited from the Lucas County Jail in Toledo where he will be held.

Williams County, Ohio, central dispatch, which covers the Holiday City area just off the Ohio Turnpike, said that reports on Facebook.com that the bodies of the children had been found there were false. Authorities are investigating that posting, the dispatch reported.

Read more: 3 missing boys' father to be charged with kidnap, Morenci police chief says | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201011...idnap-Morenci-police-chief-says#ixzz16ncyxnN2

I'm slightly confused as to why he is being charged with kidnapping in Michigan. It would seem as though they wouldn't have been technically kidnapped until he took them into Ohio. People are charged where the crime occured....why would they charge him in Michigan for federal kidnapping (only federal when crossing state lines) and searching for the boys in Ohio???

The rumors were posted on FB just before the news conference, I posted a link to the FB search which showed them on the last page.

It wouldn't allow me to see the page, since I don't have FB (just takes you to a log-in page)...but from what little I know of FB (from being here on WS)...it doesn't allow anonymous comments, right? So the person who posted the rumor would be someone w/ an FB?

Hi guys,
I haven't been on here since I first came on when Tori Stafford disappeared, until these three boys. Something about them just pulls at my heart, and I've been lurking on here following the details.

<modsnip>

It sent shivers right down my spine, knowing what has been said about this case.

I feel so bad for these poor boys.

It wouldn't allow me to see the page, since I don't have FB (just takes you to a log-in page)...but from what little I know of FB (from being here on WS)...it doesn't allow anonymous comments, right? So the person who posted the rumor would be someone w/ an FB?

Yeah it's being reported by multiple people on facebook. It originally was stated on ABC news websites in the comment section. And sometimes you can post anonymously in those. I think one person saw it brought it over to facebook and now everyone is just running with it.

where is this: (where the jacket was found)
A boy's jacket found near Mulberry and Hwy. 156.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101130...i-boys-faces-kidnapping-charges#ixzz16nfsXluJ

Also wasn't it said they were last seen in PJ's or was that speculation? I cannot remember

It has not been stated in MSM what the boys were last seen wearing. Someone ( a poster here at WS ) had questioned/commented on what they might be wearing based on the time JS was on the road with the boys. Just that it might be pj's...

hth

Interesting- caption says "A boy's jacket found near Mulberry and Hwy. 156." Looks like a camoflauge print on the jacket.

I was going to post the same thing, you beat me to it. I wonder if mom can identify the jacket. Though, it is possible JS purchased clothing for the boys he kept at his place.

I wish they would say what size the jacket is and if it is a small enough size to possibly belong to one of the boys. they all look pretty small to me. I can't imagine any of them would wear something larger than about a boys size 10.

Not sure how to do the whole "snipped" thing without violating the TOS.

Has this been mentioned yet?

Records show both Tanya and John Skelton have children from prior marriages and were both divorced when they met. Tanya has two older daughters in their 20s and, according to court records, John Skelton has a 17-year-old daughter, who he was paying child support for.

Court records show that in January, John Skelton was ordered to pay $3,497.02 in past due child support. A document in February said John Skelton was to pay $314 a month, but said his financial conditions were: "Unemployed & 3 more biological children in the household."

Friends and family have said John Skelton has worked as a long-haul truck driver and was once in the military.

links to the info provided in the post. Thanks

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20101130/NEWS01/101130002/Search-for-3-missing-boys-likely-to-end-in-nightmare-Morenci-police-cheif-says

http://www.freep.com/article/20101130/NEWS06/101130024/1318/3-missing-boys-father-to-be-charged-with-kidnap-Morenci-police-chief-says

The oldest looks like a little guy.. about the size of my 9 yr old who is thin and wears an 8 although could probably fit a 6/7 :)

I'm slightly confused as to why he is being charged with kidnapping in Michigan. It would seem as though they wouldn't have been technically kidnapped until he took them into Ohio. People are charged where the crime occured....why would they charge him in Michigan for federal kidnapping (only federal when crossing state lines) and searching for the boys in Ohio???

I think because he was due to return the boys on Friday but did not...parental kidnapping.

I just had a horrible thought: Friday was Black Friday - referring to day-after-Thanksgiving shopping. That term might take on a whole new meaning :(

Not sure how to do the whole "snipped" thing without violating the TOS.

Has this been mentioned yet?

Records show both Tanya and John Skelton have children from prior marriages and were both divorced when they met. Tanya has two older daughters in their 20s and, according to court records, John Skelton has a 17-year-old daughter, who he was paying child support for.

Court records show that in January, John Skelton was ordered to pay $3,497.02 in past due child support. A document in February said John Skelton was to pay $314 a month, but said his financial conditions were: "Unemployed & 3 more biological children in the household."

Friends and family have said John Skelton has worked as a long-haul truck driver and was once in the military.

Do you have a link for this information?

This case is just tearing me up :( I never wanted to be a local. Wishing there was something I could do, but with three kids of my own here at home all I can do is follow the news stories.

Blessings to all the searchers, it's a cold, rainy nasty day here.

I looked at the FB comments and there were several rumours indicating several locations where the boys were found. As near as I could tell the rumour started on FB with no real basis ....... but that is FB.

Crimes are prosecuted where they occurred- when that crime is kidnapping the crime occurred where the victim was taken FROM.

It is completely possible that in this case more than one state will be charging him... it all depends on where he committed the murders and disposed of the remains.

Tanya Skelton's original divorce motion asked for custody because John Skelton was a long-haul truck driver gone for long periods of time, but Herrera said John Skelton hadn't worked in a while. Tanya Skelton, who described herself in court documents as an at-home mother, attends a local college or community college, Herrera said.

The couple had filed for bankruptcy in 2003, and the case was cleared later that year. Tanya Skelton asked for alimony and child support when she filed for divorce in September.

John Skelton spent time in jail in 2009 for failing to pay child support to his previous wife for their daughter.

Tanya Skelton's former husband filed for divorce shortly after she was charged in the criminal sexual conduct case. They had two daughters.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/29/1947886_p2/fbi-planes-dogs-psych-experts.html#ixzz16niFUJa7

BBM

I really wish it had been true. Sadly, we now know they are gone, so please just let them be FOUND as soon as possible. Preferably soon enough that their little bodies can tell the real story of what happened to them :-(

God bless those precious, innocent little children.

It sad that people post rumors. But it happen every case. the sad thing is soon after the remains are found in some cases.

I still hoping that little boys are alive and feel they should be looking in Jacksonville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz