MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slightly confused as to why he is being charged with kidnapping in Michigan. It would seem as though they wouldn't have been technically kidnapped until he took them into Ohio. People are charged where the crime occured....why would they charge him in Michigan for federal kidnapping (only federal when crossing state lines) and searching for the boys in Ohio???

I suspect they are using the fact that he missed his 3:00 ( I believe it was ) deadline to return the boys to hold him for now and calling that kidnapping. JMO

I think the kidnap is about him not returning them to their mother at the agreed upon time not so much about whatever he has done to those boys. MOO, just some charges to throw at him and keep him under wraps til they can locate the bodies and build a case.

I think the kidnap is about him not returning them to their mother at the agreed upon time not so much about whatever he has done to those boys. MOO, just some charges to throw at him and keep him under wraps til they can locate the bodies and build a case.

I agree. Anything to keep him in custody.

where is this: (where the jacket was found)
A boy's jacket found near Mulberry and Hwy. 156.
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101130...i-boys-faces-kidnapping-charges#ixzz16nfsXluJ

Also wasn't it said they were last seen in PJ's or was that speculation? I cannot remember

BBM. That location is in Morenci, MI.

If the timeline is correct, and the blue van was away from the home between 4:00-7:00 on Friday morning, one would think that the boys had been asleep and likely in pajamas. At that time of the morning, it would have been dark and very cold.

I'm slightly confused as to why he is being charged with kidnapping in Michigan. It would seem as though they wouldn't have been technically kidnapped until he took them into Ohio. People are charged where the crime occured....why would they charge him in Michigan for federal kidnapping (only federal when crossing state lines) and searching for the boys in Ohio???

He was arrested in MI. He will extradited back to Ohio and be formally charged there. He was taken into custody by the FBI but none of the MSM media nor the FBI said he was being held on federal kidnapping charges.

Just that he was being charged with parental kidnapping.

The father of three missing Michigan boys has been charged with three counts of parental kidnapping, police said Tuesday. Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said John Skelton was arrested by FBI agents after he was released Tuesday from a medical facility in Lucas County, Ohio.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40434407/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

FBI took him into custody because they have the jurisdiction to arrest across state lines. Then he will be hauled back to Ohio and the DA in his city will formally charge him.

Kind of OT. I wish more parents who parentally abduct their kids would be arrested for kidnapping...... too many parentally abducted kids out there with little being done. end of OT.

The police had been dealing with this family before the boys came up missing. I really feel for Wakes this has to be really eating him up. If he had to get Dad to bring the boys back earlier. :(

It sad that people post rumors. But it happen every case. the sad thing is soon after the remains are found in some cases.

I still hoping that little boys are alive and feel they should be looking in Jacksonville.

Would love for them to be found in Jacksonville but the length of time from the last independent siting to when the boys were reported missing wouldn't be enough time for him to get them to Fl. How would they have been transported?

The police had been dealing with this family before the boys came up missing. I really feel for Wakes this has to be really eating him up. If he had to get Dad to bring the boys back earlier. :(

With the history, I don't know why the family court judge ordered unsupervised visitation. :( Too many children are forced to spend time with an unfit parent. I think we can also 'thank' the (insert bad word of your choice) parents who deny or try to deny access of their kids to fit non custodial parents for cases such as this as well.

Praying the boys are found soon.

jmo

Do you guys think the whole suicide thing is a lie?

I'm still leaning toward the "yes, this guy is mentally ill; yes, he tried to hang himself" thing.

I don't credit any particular cleverness (as per thoughts of future trial) to a guy who allegedly has killed his three boys.

Wow - he looks really gaunt in that photo....drug use maybe? Not seeing any type of marks on his neck either. UGH - he makes me SICK!

I lean more towards yes. I think it was part of how he hoped to plan his defense.

jmo

I agree. Even in a failed hanging there would have been some type of ligature marks, bruising, something more than just an ankle injury.

He doesn't look very upset or bothered does he. And what's up with all the mugshots lately being taken from above? Has anyone else noticed that?

Probably have him sitting due to his "ankle injury", so its not agitated :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member