MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, whatever JS did with his children, it had nothing to do with the children, and everything to do with his broken marriage. If the courts granted him custody, the kids would not magically appear. If Mom suddenly reversed the divorce proceedings and welcomed him back, then maybe the kids would appear. If they are still alive.
I just see this as punishment for her, rather than concern for the kids. I am willing to be wrong, though. Especially if it means they are alive! (Yeah, I still hold out hope)

I am late to the discussion, but I also have a difficult time dismissing any adult RSO who interacted with a teenager. Teenage boys are truly just as damaged by this kind of thing as teenage girls. The girls are often blamed for "baiting" adult men, and the boys are often seen as bragging about their conquest. Regardless, most teens who are in sexual relationships with adults have no concept of what is really going on. Just because your reproductive organs are fully functioning doesn't mean your emotions and brain are.

No, I would not think that TS being a RSO would indicate she would engage in incest, at all. That's not my point. I just don't think that what she was convicted of is no big deal. It is a big deal. And her stepping out of the $20,000 fine through bankruptcy concerns me. But I don't know the whole story, so I'll leave it at that.

Respectfully snipped:

When the former music teacher saw them, they hadn't been "missing" officially yet, no Amber Alert had been released until the next day, so it IS plausible that they could've been out in public and not worried about being seen........
............... It would be wonderful if true, but I don't think we'll know unless the Dad starts spilling his guts and telling the truth for a change. So frustrating!!

While no one knows the truth, I do have to agree with this possibility...Immediately after Thanksgiving & the boys reported missing the emphasis of the search was in areas close to home. They weren't really being looked for out of area. So maybe they could have been a lot closer to home than imagined. ( Elizabeth Smart ring a bell? not the same situation, but close to home)

As I said before, I would have never known of this case if I hadn't been on WS reading about Zahra. I don't watch TV as a general rule & don't read newspapers. And I have no clue where I would hear about Amber Alerts.
I have asked everyone I know about this story and only one other had heard of it.
So it is possible that people up there may not have been aware so soon after...and there may be some who are still clueless.
Then you always have people who see things, think nothing of it.... or don't act upon it for whatever reason.

I hope all these leads are really being investigated, and being plotted on a map too. Maybe they will get lucky with a security camera.

Yes it IS so frustrating. I hoped I would get on here this am and see good news:( The calmness and IMO rather smug attitude of his parents is equally frustrating.

3469efm.jpg

wow I had an interesting coincidence happen to me. Will have to summarize here because its a long story and OT, but basically my ex-brother-in-law has been threatening my family (my young children and I) to kill us, burn our house down, etc etc. This went on for YEARS and climaxed last year. I filed report after report but he always evaded LE using aliases. (*btw I'm not some criminal who wronged this guy-- he is psychotic and an alcoholic but blames me for him being thrown out of his brother's home years ago (I was living there at the time as well so in his eyes that made me responsible for his misfortunes as well)- its all misplaced blame-typical addict behavoir). ANYHOW I got a subpeona yesterday to appear in court because they finally found him and he's in custody for aggravated menacing against me, telephone harassment and a ton of other unrelated warrants he's had for years). Guess where he is though?? LUCAS COUNTY JAIL! He's a jailbird alongside of Skelton! how ironic! It's too bad the circumstances are what they are or else I could get inside jailhouse talk info! But sadly and obviously, I'm not exactly on speaking terms with the whose been tormenting my family for years. But I found it oddly ironic that after all this time, he's finally in jail and next to Skelton no less. Its a small world.

snipped from http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26046548/detail.html

"Local 4 has learned that the 39-year-old father has requested to see his parents, an uncle, Tanya Skelton and his mother-in-law."

I had to go back to this after it clicked I had read it.

Has it ever been reported that "an uncle, Tanya Skelton and his mother-in-law" have been to visit??? Wasn't there a family member that went with the pastor? But who was that??
If she hasn't already....Sorta surprised that TS hasn't been to visit...that would be an interesting time to be a fly on the wall.

I hope to God that if he has requested to see certain family members, at least one of them will demand an answer from him and not just take everything he says as gospel...
I am really over this guy, saying they are "safe" and his family nodding their heads...

JS's own FB comment (parphrased) I love my wife may God and Tanya forgive me is the nail in the coffin for his bogus story. Here he is telling us he loves his wife and he has or is going to be doing something he is asking both God and his wife to forgive him for. Why would one need to ask God for forgiveness for protecting a child?

He had what most divorced coparenting parents might consider an ideal situation. He lived a 2 minute walk from his childrens primary residence. In all likelihood he could have seen his children everyday or almost everday outside of which parents home they'd be having meals and sleeping. He was close enough to the home where he could have observed the happenings and comings and goings. If he wasn't strongly objecting the disolution of his marriage what was really so terrible about his parenting situation? TS already demonstrated she was willing to still do things as a family by participating as a family at the church event the weekend prior. If the boys were scheduled to be home on Friday we can presume she had the weekend following TG and he had the prior weekend. She still chose to participate in this event with her children and STBX even though it was likely not her weekend.

I've considered the possibility he has them hidden. As was posted much earlier supposedly these legit groups who help keep children underground require a lot of documentation. None of which JS would have had, because WS would have likely sleuthed it out. The fathers rights groups? They are divided amonst themselves and can't get organized enough to not have major fighting going on between groups that claim to want the same goal. If they can't organize within themselves I doubt they could organize succesfully hiding three children.

As much as I wish I was wrong and these boys really are safe warm and hidden somewhere I think in JS's mind safe means safe from their mother and warm means they are covered, not left out exposed in the elements, but sadly not safe.

I'm interested in knowing how long ago this former teacher last saw the boys. Young kids can change quite a bit in appearance from say 4-7 or 8 when they lose their babyish looks and look more like big kids. How many children are there that could resemble the Skelton boys? I'm sure many. Did the boys noticed there former teacher? She mentions she didn't approach them, but with what we know about the boys behavior - how involved and active they were in school, church, the story about the one boy approached LE saying he wanted to be a policeman when he grows up. What are the odds if in fact one of these three boys noticed a beloved teacher and wouldn't instinctively smile wave or at least give her some kind of clue they recognized her?

I think it is very possible the sightings might be from people who are 1) wishing too hard and 2) wishing to help give the public and the local community who are so overwhelmed with concern for these boys during this holiday season.

jmo

Even if the reports of seeing them were made before the boys were officially reported as missing, seems to me that even the most fundamental /rudimentary kidnapping scheme would include making sure no one saw the kids until the story stopped being news. any one involved would obviously know that within 24-48 hours they would be reported as missing and that keeping them out of sight was a no-brainer.

editing: i also meant to add that the words I've seen quoted about the status of the boys are OK, safe, sound. The word "alive" has not specifically been used

Why is it that no other people verify the donut shop lady sighting the three boys? No security video at the shop, or video just happened to be not turned on that particular day? I am not implying that she deliberately lied, but sometimes the mind plays tricks. After seeing the boys faces posted everywhere, one can maybe think they saw them, and the more they "think" about it the more convinced they become.
The former teacher sighting them at a flea market in Ohio - that one is strange. A bold public appearance does not fit in with this story. One thing to keep in mind is that if these boys had been removed from their home, their parents, they are old enough and savvy enough to make a scene and draw attention to their plight. Why would they be willing to go along with someone their father had asked to deliver them to their mother, a few blocks away. These boys could have walked home to their mother. That takes away the believability of the mysterious woman tale claimed by Skelton.
I am angry about how suddenly the father and his parents publicly suggest that Tanya had been sexually molesting these boys. What an intentionally malicious "excuse" Skelton has now concocted to explain the disappearance of these boys. I hope that he and his parents get charged with slander for that one.
I don't have any hope that these boys will be found, and that makes it even more tragic.
To paint hope that they are safe, ok, and somewhere out there is cruel and simply unjustifiable. My heart goes out to Tanya - she must be tormented by "what ifs".

It looks like the father of three missing Morenci boys will be extradited to Michigan. Lucas County prosecutors received warrants signed by Governor Jennifer Granholm today, allowing the boys' father, John Skelton, to be extradited to Michigan. Skelton is facing parental kidnapping charges. Governor Granholm signed the warrant Wednesday. Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton were last seen on Thanksgiving Day. A week ago, officials called off the organized search. Meanwhile, John Skelton is set to face a judge on Tuesday. If you have any information about the case, you're asked to call the tip line at 517-458-7104

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7837029&rss=rss-twi-wtvg-article-7837029

A_little_holiday_hope_80a5b8e1-3bbe-49b5-9990-b64bb4c221040000_20101210193727_320_240.JPG

Morenci turns focus to town’s kids

Updated: Friday, 10 Dec 2010, 8:12 PM EST
Published : Friday, 10 Dec 2010, 8:03 PM

MORENCI, Mich. (WUPW) - Holiday hope, help, and healing are on the way for the friends of the three missing Morenci brothers.

Community leaders in the small, sleepy town are trying to help kids cope with the sudden disappearance of Andrew, Alex, and Tanner Skelton, ages 5-9 - and the possibility they might not make it back. So the schools and businesses are banding together in a community-wide show of concern.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Morenci-turns-focus-to-towns-kids

Letter Posted to Parent's at Morenci Brothers School:

Morenci Area School Parents
3.gif
4.gif
6.gif
7.gif
December 9, 2010

Morenci Area Schools Families,

We appreciate and understand the sadness and worry that all parents and children have been experiencing over the past two weeks. This is a difficult time and we know how much you all miss Andrew, Alexander and Tanner. We are not intending to minimize the recent events, however; we feel that it is important for teachers, parents and students to continue to live their lives even as we miss these young boys.

There are many valuable insights we can gain at times like this. In times such as these we renew and strengthen our families and relationships. In times such as these we remember to be kind and generous to those around us. In times such as these we truly learn to live and appreciate life.

We must continue to live, but, we live as survivors. We encourage you to ask yourselves, what might you do with your children to let them know how much you love them? What will you tell your family and friends to let them know how important they are to you? How will you make the holiday season a joyful and memorable time? How can you continue to live, laugh and enjoy your loved ones?

Students, parents, teachers or anyone interested in expressing their feelings are encouraged to write a letter or make a picture for one or all three of the boys. Include whatever you would like to say to the boys. The letters and pictures will be collected and compiled at our elementary office. They will eventually be given to the boys or their family.

Below you will also find additional material that may assist you and your family in dealing with any grief or trauma you may be experiencing through this incident. This material can also be accessed at our web site. We encourage you to keep our school staff informed regarding any concerns you have or needs your children may have.

We are grateful for our school staff, our school families and the entire community of Morenci. Together we have managed to work through these two difficult weeks supporting and encouraging one another. It gives me great hope that as we move forward we will be able to live our lives while searching, missing and honoring Andrew, Alex and Tanner.

Sincerely,
Dr. Michael Osborne, Superintendent

Please Click Link Below to Read "What Parents Need to Know"
Portals/0/Resources/Pubs/HS/TLChandout.pdf

http://www.morenci.k12.mi.us/

OT- Brittany Smith was found in Cal- over 2700 miles from home, in a public grocery store, with her abductor. And an alert, informed clerk called in the tip!! Miracles still happen:)

Prayers for a viable tip on the boys

Tanya Skelton's Father Talks to FOX2

Click on the "Top Stories" tab and then double-click on the video link for this story. I couldn't get the video to load but you might have better luck.

Tanya (and others) also appear in the video, but she doesn't speak...just cries.

I watched it at this site.

I wonder why the grandfather doesn't believe the donut shop tip? Out of everything, that seems to be a good one and the woman wasn't the only one that had seen them. Wasn't Shawn Hornbeck found only an hour away from his home? 4 years later??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper