MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long a body would need to be deceased before a cadaver dog would pick up a scent.

Why I ask that is if he did hang them with in a 15 min or so time frame, wrap them, put them in truck/suv would dogs be able to pick that up OR do the dogs hit only when a body starts to decompose?

Why would he leave noose behind (3 of them) i wonder IF that is true were they left in plain site or hidden? Why would he not take them with him and burn them somewhere or wrap in plastic and put in the bottom of a dumpster .. why leave 3 possible nooses behind to be found?

I want these boys to be found however, the times that I have been to the area Michigan and Ohio the rual town and so much farm land and woods... again when I visit there I have told the persons I was riding with when I first visited that all the open land, the woods, and snow that covers it .. perfect place to hide a body and virtually slim chance to be found. Perhaps other parts of the county are the same but all the space between farms, land, woods is so wide spread. On plain rides coming home looking out the window of the plane I could clearly see that there is so much open land would be so hard to find a body. Nothing is impossible. I wish for a miracle.. even if it is JS telling where the little boys are if in fact they are deceased which I honestly believe they are.

If he didnt tell FBI that they were deceased I think LE would come out and say that is not true.. instead they say outcome doesnt look good.

This isn't a state issue. It's Federal since he crossed state lines. I've been googling for prison terms for Federal kidnapping and have seen anything from 8-50 years for one count. The 50 year sentence was given to Phillip Garrido, the may who kidnapped Jaycee Dugard. He only served 11 of the 50 years which allowed him to commit the crime against Dugard.

If the kidnapping charges are the major ones he faces, I am confident they will do all they can to give him the maximum time allowed. I'm sure there will be other charges added, as well. I can't see a deal being made, either, unless he tells where the children are and they are located first. Even then, LWOP would probably be the easiest he gets off (depending on where they find them...MI or OH).

Alfonso Rodriguez, Jr., who kidnapped and murdered Dru Sjodin in North Dakota, was sentenced to death on federal kidnapping charges. Dru was kidnapped from a mall parking lot in North Dakota, and her body was found in Minnesota. Neither state has the death penalty, but it can be used in federal cases.

Alfonso Rodriguez, Jr., who kidnapped and murdered Dru Sjodin in North Dakota, was sentenced to death on federal kidnapping charges. Dru was kidnapped from a mall parking lot in North Dakota, and her body was found in Minnesota. Neither state has the death penalty, but it can be used in federal cases.

Rodriguez wasn't JUST charged with kidnapping, though. He was ultimately found guilty of rape, murder, and kidnapping and had also just been released 6 months earlier for stabbing and attempting to kidnap another woman after a 23 year sentence. Federal kidnapping on its own with no other charges hasn't been a capital offense since the 70's when death penalty laws were revised.

Does anyone know how long a body would need to be deceased before a cadaver dog would pick up a scent.

Why I ask that is if he did hang them with in a 15 min or so time frame, wrap them, put them in truck/suv would dogs be able to pick that up OR do the dogs hit only when a body starts to decompose?

Yes, a well trained HRD (Human Remains Detection) dog will be able to alert in this time frame providing that they have been trained on it. It is really not a matter of what a dog is capable of, but what they have had training on. I know that doesn't help alot, but I felt it merited clarification. They would also be able to tell if the bodies had been transported in the car.

Rodriguez wasn't JUST charged with kidnapping, though. He was ultimately found guilty of rape, murder, and kidnapping and had also just been released 6 months earlier for stabbing and attempting to kidnap another woman after a 23 year sentence. Federal kidnapping on its own with no other charges hasn't been a capital offense since the 70's when death penalty laws were revised.

Of course you are right. At this point, though, I'm assuming that LE is correct in stating that they do not anticipate a positive outcome in this case, i.e. that the boys are no longer alive.

roopraj Roop Raj
News Alert:Just spoke w/ #Morenci Chief. He says there has been no admission from #Skelton he hurt his children. Skelton requests a lawyer.

http://twitter.com/#!/roopraj

Quoting myself - I wrote him this a.m. asking for clarification on above tweet -- just now found a reply from Roop in my spam folder.

To paraphrase, he said that the atty JS has now is court appointed & he'll get another when he gets back to MI...and he also said that the Chief told him others have misreported JS admitting that he hurt the kids because JS has not admitted that.

Surely in addition to the kidnapping, he has to explain those 3 nooses in his home, where he was between 4:00 and 7:00 am on Friday, 11/26/10, and his lame excuse for a broken ankle before he could get out of jail!!

Lame excuse allright! When I broke my ankle last february (in the snow which was covering a cememt walkway) the docs knew right away how I'd done it. Banked to the right, crushing the right bone. The force of the fall cracked the left one as well, and mucked up in the middle is a fracture. I'm curious how bad his fall was (I was only walking). It took a 2 hour surgery, 9 screws, 2 plates to keep this bad boy in place.

MOO

Mel

Right view (1 pin and several screws in place). 2/2010. Just one view.

View attachment LEG.bmp

ETA: I could not walk - period. Had it not been from the help of my 12 year old son, could I have made it back in the house (hopping on 1 leg in the snow). I can see how people can die from injuries like this if this is left alone. In shock and in the cold! So did LE find him crawled up in a ball on the floor?

Such sweet little fellas. How anyone could harm one hair on their heads is beyond me.

Gosh, Mgardner!! That sounded horrible! I am glad they got you fixed and you are back in the saddle! Your question regarding how JS was found is one that I would love to know the answer to also. He couldn't have been all that bad if he called this "friend" to take him to the hospital. Do we know who that friend was, and did he really go to the hospital like that???

good am... does anyone know what is up for today? searching and such... is there a press conference today.

I had not been following this case till I saw the video about the candlelight vigil on CNN. Had to read the entire thread to get up to speed.

As far as the speculation that one of the boys didn't "look" like his own biological child: since when does lighter or darker hair keep someone from loving their own child? Why do the children have to look just like him? Most children are composites of both parents and their ancestors - and besides that is a slippery slope for justifying the disappearance of all three boys. What if these were girls? Would the question even come up?

Our schools need to teach biology and genetics better than they do. JMOO Human beings can have traits of every ancestor going back generations and there are wild cards. My older son has a reddish beard, and there is no red hair on either side. My younger son was white blonde as a baby and now his hair is dark brown. Blue or hazel eyes can appear in families where both parents have brown eyes (like my husband's family).

What bothers me is that this guy had lost his job here at Christmas time and he clearly had problems. Spending more time with the kids sounds great unless this guy was spending more time trying to figure out how to do away with them. :furious:

The story about passing the kids off to a nice woman sounds alot like Caylee Anthony's Zanny the Nanny. The nonexistent Nanny.

good am... does anyone know what is up for today? searching and such... is there a press conference today.

I don't think they'll be doing any more pressers without a reason to hold one. They announced on Friday that there will be no more organized searching, only LE responding to tips and leads, and people checking their own properties.

Right view (1 pin and several screws in place). 2/2010. Just one view.

View attachment 12707

ETA: I could not walk - period. Had it not been from the help of my 12 year old son, could I have made it back in the house (hopping on 1 leg in the snow). I can see how people can die from injuries like this if this is left alone. In shock and in the cold! So did LE find him crawled up in a ball on the floor?

I doubt he would have been walking normally on it, especially since he seems totally gutless.

However, in 1991, my grandpa was walking across the street to work when he slipped and fell, breaking his leg in the process. The bone actually came through the skin, later requiring surgery to repair. He didn't want to "bother anyone", so he dragged himself back to his car on hands and knees and drove to the hospital by himself.

If the nooses were used or were in any way involved, I'd think we'd have heard by now. Really, he doesn't have to explain anything to anyone. I don't think I would be able to defend this man even if I were court appointed.

If the nooses were used in a way that we all pray they were not, I would think that they could test them to see if there were any skin dna, haris, etc., from the boys. I just pray that it is not possible that a father could do that to his own children.

I just wrote this in another thread, and I can't believe that I have to write this in two boards about 5 children that died at the hands of their parents...

I really hope that there is closure for the family and friends that loved these three little boys. Because this "father" is soo tight lipped it has made me fearful that these boys will never get the peace needed, nor will their mother.

These cases are so heavy on the heart. Makes me question what it is that just makes a "parent" (don't want to title them that) snapped and destroy a life.

Heartbreaking.

May I clarify that I am not saying he didnt get thrown out of the military. its just a thought
I am not saying one child does not belong to him, it was just a thought.

God bless the searchers, and the man that bought the pizzas.

Last year when a search was going near my home, you all suggested some things to take to them. (very very grateful by the way) Do we have address to send items they may need? Im sure that at least the first inch of ground cover is now frozen solid, making it more difficult to search, and will get far worse.

Where did the time frame of 4 to 7a come in? Its now the 10th day:(

No information about DNA, blood found, nothing?

Winter jackets may not have been needed because it was rather warm that day?
He told the boys to jump in the car/truck/van we're late and have to hurry? so no jacket?
No word about leaves, gravel, dirt found in the car? He has left clues somewhere, we just dont see them.
I still wonder about him putting the boys in plastic bags and putting them inside a hollow tree. He had 11 1/2 hours right? I sure there is a written record when he was in ER for his ankle. Medical Personnel can be very observant, was he clean, dirty, shoe muddy, wet, dry, new?

I was hoping I would find good news this am. :(

listening to the pastor speaking... wondering why he would ask for her and then not to confess. if to anyone it should be to her to share what has happened... it is so mind boggling..:banghead: i am floored as well that LE has ended official searches.. as each second goes by each second that they arent found. i am sure if JS is in sucide watch i am sure he doesnt get all these media stuff and if it is a scare tactic how would it work to get him to talk.. LE are so confusing at times....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member