GUILTY MI - Theresa Dekeyzer, 22, Warren, 16 June 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Unfortunately, it has been confirmed it's her. At least police are confident based off clothing, tattoos and piercings.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/womans-body-found-in-drum-at-storage-facility-in-plymouth-township

Police say that a body found in a 55-gallon drum at Travel Trailer Storage in Plymouth Township is the missing 22-year-old from Warren.

Theresa DeKeyzer was identified as the woman found in the drum Friday.

Just prior to her disappearance, she was photographed by police as a victim of domestic violence the night she reported an assault. The woman in the drum had the same clothes as Theresa did in the picture. She was also identified by her two tattoos and earrings.

so sad and senseless... gah... it goes without saying, I know. Rough few weeks here at WS for sure.

So sorry for you and all those who cared about you, Theresa.

I could of missed something or easily be confused, but I wonder how long she was there. Reason being is that she was found in Plymouth which is 30 miles West-Southwest of where she lived, but they said they had a ping off her phone the day she disappeared about 9 miles in the opposite direction from where she lived. Could be a number of explanations, just thought it was weird.

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n.../09/18/body-found-plymouth-township/15863469/

Green said further interviews in the case were still planned and that, as far as police know, the two tipsters played different roles in getting the trailer to the storage yard. They provided accurate information about the trailer's whereabouts...

A manager at Travel Trailer said the drum was in an enclosed trailer and that, when a lone Warren detective arrived at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday, she showed him where it was... The manager said the space the trailer occupied was rented June 25 by a man who did not live locally and who has paid for the space by the month...

Green said neither the man who rented the trailer storage space nor the man in whose name the trailer is registered is Wobbe... The storage yard manager also noted the man who rented space for the trailer was not Wobbe. "The boyfriend they showed on TV was not the one who rented the lot," she said.

Hmm... sounds like there were several people involved in hiding Theresa's body.

She was a beautiful young woman who hung out with the wrong boyfriend and lost her life because of it. This seems to happen over and over and its so sad. I had hoped she would come home alive. I'm glad that her body was found at least so she can have a proper burial and her family will have some closure. I hope her killer is sent to prison and never let out. I wish Michigan had the death penalty.

The day before DeKeyzer went missing, she was apparently involved in a physical altercation with Wobbe. Scott Wobbe has a lengthy criminal history that includes assault convictions.

This is only the small list of law issues of many Wobbe has from what we are gathering [miheadlines.com]

Thoughts and prayers for Theresa's family, friends, and all who loved her. :rose: I hope that the perp will be apprehended and brought to justice.

OT for my fellow Michigan 'sleuthers: Have you noticed how many local cases there have been in our neck of the woods in recent months?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/09...e-in-plymouth-uncover-body-in-drum-container/

Warren police were executing a search warrant Thursday at the Travel Trailer Storage Facility, on Ann Arbor Road, when they found a woman’s body inside a 55-gallon blue plastic drum that was filled with sand, sealed with cement and wrapped in plastic. The barrel was apparently bolted to the floor of a small utility trailer at the facility...

Officials said that its took medical examiners more than four hours to free the remains from the drum, being careful to not damage any of the evidence. Spokesperson Mary Mazur said that there were measures utilized to cover up evidence...

“Obviously, the discovery is linked to the suspect in the case,” Green said, referring to DeKeyzer’s 37-year-old boyfriend Scott Wobbe, who is currently jailed in a drug case.

Ah, so according to the MIHeadline article above, she was reportedly "seen" at 13 and Gratiot instead of her phone being pinged there and it was actually pinged at 8 Mile and Groesbeck instead, which is about 2 miles East or so of 9 and Van Dyke where she was reportedly dropped off. I guess that would make more sense in that regard.

OT for my fellow Michigan 'sleuthers: Have you noticed how many local cases there have been in our neck of the woods in recent months?

Yes, I had also noticed the bump in the number of cases here in Michigan.

Feeling bad for Theresa's family and friends. RIP Theresa

From your link:

Investigators plan on interviewing Scott Wobbe on Saturday.

They also believe at least three people are connected to that storage yard and trailer where Theresa's body was found. Police believe they may have some knowledge about what happened as well.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...l-remains-identify-theresa-dekeyzer/15965419/

The storage lot where DeKeyzer's body was discovered Friday was rented by a man nine days after the Warren woman disappeared. Doris Temple, manager of Travel Trailer Storage on Ann Arbor Road in Plymouth Township, wouldn't identify the man who rented the space, citing privacy.

"It was an enclosed trailer, it had no windows, no nothing, just the back opens, that's it," Temple told The Detroit News. "Sixteen feet long, maybe"...

In a Sept. 4 article, Detroit News columnist Marney Rich Keenan wrote about DeKeyzer's disappearance. Following that report, Warren police said they received two tips that led investigators to the storage lot, police said Friday.

Dental remains confirm body as that of Warren woman

Lauren Abdel-Razzaq, The Detroit News 4 p.m. EDT September 20, 2014

A forensic dentist confirmed Saturday that remains found in a concrete-capped barrel in a Plymouth storage lot belong to Theresa DeKeyzer.

The 22-year-old Warren woman missing since June 16 and who was last seen with her boyfriend Scott Wobbe, who is now the primary suspect in the case.

“The forensic dentist completed review of dental records earlier today, confirming a match between the body found of the missing woman and the remains found,” said Mary Mazur, spokeswoman for the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office.

An autopsy is pending...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...l-remains-identify-theresa-dekeyzer/15965419/

On top of the reports coming in from the police and media, I want to show Theresa's zest for life and how she would want to be remembered. Theresa loved Hall and Oates and she made this video for one of her sisters just months before she disappeared.

EDIT: Sorry folks, I can't get the video to work by embedding it =( So I am putting the link in here.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202978148949245

So sad :( RIP sweet girl.
Sick of monsters who do this and have no remorse or coinscience

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members