MI - Three siblings in juvenile detention for contempt, Pontiac, 9 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch. So the parental alienation is his fault? And he should just forget his three children? I guess if you haven't seen it firsthand, it is hard to believe. But the judge was clear in this case that there has been aggressive parental alienation. No one is really denying that. Not even the mother. Do you think that's false?

He can keep pushing and pushing. Do you think it will improve his relationship with the kids?
You can't force people to have a "healthy relationship." It doesn't work that way.

If and when there is a motion for modification of custody, those issues will be addressed. But to my knowledge, the father isn't asking for that now. He is simply trying to enforce the current visitation order. So all that has been accomplished by the mother's continued resistance to let the father see the kids, is that she has now essentially lost custody herself.

RBBM

I believe his attorney tried to do that today, but her attorney fought back saying that was not the issue at this afternoon's hearing

Dad might have relocated back to Michigan but he is still working in Israel (where he is right now).
Children don't want to be around him.
I, for one, not convinced it has anything to do with "parental alienation." Someone can be an upstanding citizen in a community, but when that someone is at home, it's a whole different story.
14 year old knows what he wants, and the other two also seem mature to know what they want.

The maturity level of kids who have been alienated is irrelevant. It is like the mindset of cult members. You know, each child has been represented by counsel. They have a GAL. They also have had numerous therapists. So don't you think the judge has info about what has been going on in this case for five years? Are you saying she is lying when she says this is tied for the worst parental alienation case she's ever seen?

I don't think it's coincidence that the two lawyers on here are not shocked by the judge's actions in this case. If there wasn't strong evidence of alienation she would be removed as judge.

It's up to the father to raise his own kids. Not his wife. But perhaps his travel is the reason custody has not been changed.

I thought perhaps custody wasn't changed due to the traveling, but he does have his current wife at home. Perhaps there is too much contention between the 3 children from his first marriage and they don't want to bring that around the two year old?

IDK. As parents, sometimes we have to make sacrifices for our children. IF the traveling is the sole thing keeping him from getting custody, perhaps he should consider a career without or with less travel?

Clearly, the only way this relationship is going to mend is for the kids to have supervised or no visitation with their mother. We've seen extreme cases where mothers who do this end up losing parental rights......

At least there will be a supervisor with mom when she visits the kids in the future........

The maturity level of kids who have been alienated is irrelevant. It is like the mindset of cult members. You know, each child has been represented by counsel. They have a GAL. They also have had numerous therapists. So don't you think the judge has info about what has been going on in this case for five years? Are you saying she is lying when she says this is tied for the worst parental alienation case she's ever seen?

I don't think it's coincidence that the two lawyers on here are not shocked by the judge's actions in this case. If there wasn't strong evidence of alienation she would be removed as judge.

RBBM

Not so. It took years to clean up the dirty matrimonial and family courts of NYC and to remove and/or move the so-called "unbiased" judges out of the divisions to other areas:

https://www.nycourts.gov/reports/matrimonialcommissionreport.pdf

He can keep pushing and pushing. Do you think it will improve his relationship with the kids?
You can't force people to have a "healthy relationship." It doesn't work that way.

The Judge has removed the children from their mother's toxic environment and placed them in a safe place that exposes them to healthy, functional relationships. Once comfortable, I doubt they will want to go back.

JMO

Yes. He should absolutely keep pushing. All advice regarding parental alienation is that indeed, he must keep pushing. And the courts can create circumstances- like switching custody- that enable a healthy relationship to develop. It is imperative that the kids be taken away from the alienating parent and allowed to spend unfettered time with the other parent.

And when parents give up in the face of intense alienation, they lose their kids forever. I have seen it repeatedly. The alienating parent is blamed for his or her absence as well- "See? Your dad doesn't care about you. He doesn't even try to see you."

Sorry. I've seen too much of this nonsense in my career to be blind to the evidence.

The Judge has removed the children from their mother's toxic environment and placed them in a safe place that exposes them to healthy, functional relationships. Once comfortable, I doubt they will want to go back.

JMO

And the judge could have done that the same day she ordered them to Children's Village

IMO, this Judge should no longer be on bench overseeing these kind of cases

RBBM

Not so. It took years to clean up the dirty matrimonial courts of NYC and to remove and/or move the so-called "unbiased" judges out of the matrimonial divisions to other areas

This case isn't about divorce, it is about child custody and I don't know of any state that doesn't require a judge to prioritize the best interest of the child above all else.

JMO

Thanks, gitana1. There is a lengthy back-story that probably hasn't been known beyond Oakland County, MI.

Yes. He should absolutely keep pushing. All advice regarding parental alienation is that indeed, he must keep pushing. And the courts can create circumstances- like switching custody- that enable a healthy relationship to develop. It is imperative that the kids be taken away from the alienating parent and allowed to spend unfettered time with the other parent.

And when parents give up in the face of intense alienation, they lose their kids forever. I have seen it repeatedly. The alienating parent is blamed for his or her absence as well- "See? Your dad doesn't care about you. He doesn't even try to see you."

Sorry. I've seen too much of this nonsense in my career to be blind to the evidence.

You can't force someone to want to be around you. And once they turn 18, no court can force them to interact with him.

JMO

It's a summer camp.

This case isn't about divorce, it is about child custody and I don't know of any state that doesn't require a judge to prioritize the best interest of the child above all else.

JMO

Both Family and/or Matrimonial courts deal with custody issues

He tried to get custody to move kids back to Israel. He was denied.

No. What was denied was declaring Israel to be the children's "home state" and giving Israel jurisdiction. But he lives here now.

And the judge could have done that the same day she ordered them to Children's Village

IMO, this Judge should no longer be on bench overseeing these kind of cases

Probably not. I don't know exactly what the "camp" is, but arrangements probably have to be made prior to placement. The placement into custody earlier was likely because the court simply had no other alternatives. And lets be honest, its not like the kids were in a jail.

I thought perhaps custody wasn't changed due to the traveling, but he does have his current wife at home. Perhaps there is too much contention between the 3 children from his first marriage and they don't want to bring that around the two year old?

IDK. As parents, sometimes we have to make sacrifices for our children. IF the traveling is the sole thing keeping him from getting custody, perhaps he should consider a career without or with less travel?

Clearly, the only way this relationship is going to mend is for the kids to have supervised or no visitation with their mother. We've seen extreme cases where mothers who do this end up losing parental rights......

At least there will be a supervisor with mom when she visits the kids in the future........

Agreed. A recent high profile case that bears that out involves an actress. Her kids were eventually sent to live with dad in Monaco. I follow the case but can't recall he name right now! They've lived there for two years or so but mom won't stop. Keeps trying things, lying, going to federal court, etc. She has them during the summer and other vacations but essentially lost custody.

Probably not. I don't know exactly what the "camp" is, but arrangements probably have to be made prior to placement. The placement into custody earlier was likely because the court simply had no other alternatives. And lets be honest, its not like the kids were in a jail.

<snip>

Gorcyca did not give a duration for how long the children will be held at the facility, Camp Tamarack in Ortonville, which is billed as the &#8220;premiere Jewish summer camp in Michigan.&#8221;

They were depart for the camp Friday. Gorcya is the presiding judge in the divorce case
of Omer and Maya Tsimhoni and she drew national attention after she sent their three children Oakland County Children&#8217;s Villagel on June 24.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-gorcyca-considering-what-to-do-with-children

Just like she ordered this today, Judge could have done so on June 24th. She lost it: Judge went toe-to-toe engaging in a power struggle with a 14 yo

Agreed. A recent high profile case that bears that out involves an actress. Her kids were eventually sent to live with dad in Monaco. I follow the case but can't recall he name right now! They've lived there for two years or so but mom won't stop. Keeps trying things, lying, going to federal court, etc. She has them during the summer and other vacations but essentially lost custody.

Kelly Rutherford

http://www.people.com/article/kelly-rutherford-custody-battle-los-angeles-court-appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louise3425