Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>

Gorcyca did not give a duration for how long the children will be held at the facility, Camp Tamarack in Ortonville, which is billed as the “premiere Jewish summer camp in Michigan.”

They were depart for the camp Friday. Gorcya is the presiding judge in the divorce case
of Omer and Maya Tsimhoni and she drew national attention after she sent their three children Oakland County Children’s Villagel on June 24.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-gorcyca-considering-what-to-do-with-children

Just like she ordered this today, Judge could have done so on June 24th. She lost it: Judge went toe-to-toe engaging in a power struggle with a 14 yo

http://tamarackcamps.com/

This isn't New York in 2004.

The point is it took decades and much publicity in order to address the issues in the matrimonial and family courts

Judge found a better solution, albeit a temporary one, mighty quickly once her decision was made public

You can't force someone to want to be around you. And once they turn 18, no court can force them to interact with him.

Have you read the literature? Have you experienced these cases? I have. Including what I posted above regarding a lawyer I worked with. You absolutely can force these kids to interact with a parent they dislike and if you get them away from the brainwashing parent, it typically fixes things rapidly.

Agreed. A recent high profile case that bears that out involves an actress. Her kids were eventually sent to live with dad in Monaco. I follow the case but can't recall he name right now! They've lived there for two years or so but mom won't stop. Keeps trying things, lying, going to federal court, etc. She has them during the summer and other vacations but essentially lost custody.

Kelly Rutherford?

The point is it took decades and much publicity in order to address the issues in the matrimonial and family courts

With respect, I don't care. This is Michigan. There is no evidence of a systemic issue with the family courts there or with this judge. I don't think her ruling was very helpful or wise. But I understand what led to it. There is no evidence that this judge is corrupt or biased. On the contrary, the conduct of each of the three attorneys in this case indicates they agreed the kids are being subject to intense alienation.

Kelly Rutherford?

Yup! I don't know her as an actress but I know her family law case. The ruling has been widely celebrate in family law circles around the country. (The one sending the kids to live with their father overseas.) but the public has been horrified, and believes that it was a case of judicial misconduct. It was not. It was a wonderful ruling.

<snip>

Gorcyca did not give a duration for how long the children will be held at the facility, Camp Tamarack in Ortonville, which is billed as the &#8220;premiere Jewish summer camp in Michigan.&#8221;

They were depart for the camp Friday. Gorcya is the presiding judge in the divorce case
of Omer and Maya Tsimhoni and she drew national attention after she sent their three children Oakland County Children&#8217;s Villagel on June 24.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-gorcyca-considering-what-to-do-with-children

Just like she ordered this today, Judge could have done so on June 24th. She lost it: Judge went toe-to-toe engaging in a power struggle with a 14 yo

How would that have helped? The problem is once again they were refusing to visit with their father. Ordering them to go to a previously scheduled summer camp doesn't fix anything. It just maintains the status quo.

Yup! I don't know her as an actress but I know her family law case. The ruling has been widely celebrate in family law circles around the country. (The one sending the kids to live with their father overseas.) but the public has been horrified, and believes that it was a case of judicial misconduct. It was not. It was a wonderful ruling.

I remember her from Melrose Place. I was a huge MP fan. I had no idea she was involved in a custody case.....

With respect, I don't care. This is Michigan. There is no evidence of a systemic issue with the family courts there or with this judge. I don't think her ruling was very helpful or wise. But I understand what led to it. There is no evidence that this judge is corrupt or biased. On the contrary, the conduct of each of the three attorneys in this case indicates they agreed the kids are being subject to intense alienation.

The three attorneys were appointed on the day of the hearing. How does their conduct indicate anything?

How would that have helped? The problem is once again they were refusing to visit with their father. Ordering them to go to a previously scheduled summer camp doesn't fix anything. It just maintains the status quo.

How does it help to send them there now?

I didn't start following it until recently but it still seems to slogging along with jurisdiction once again raised. She seems to live in NY but claims she has an apt. in Cali.

Why were the kids sent to live with their father?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-emotional-testimony-court-article-1.2287320

<snip>

Gorcyca did not give a duration for how long the children will be held at the facility, Camp Tamarack in Ortonville, which is billed as the &#8220;premiere Jewish summer camp in Michigan.&#8221;

of Omer and Maya Tsimhoni and she drew national attention after she sent their three children Oakland County Children&#8217;s Villagel on June 24.

They can stay in the camp for one month at the most because it doesn't seem to go past August 13th.

How does it help to send them there now?

It takes them out of the mother's daily presence and puts them in a situation where the father can visit without the mother prepping them beforehand.

It takes them out of the mother's daily presence and puts them in a situation where the father can visit without the mother prepping them beforehand.

And that wasn't the case 2 weeks ago?

Jul 10 2015, 6:38 pm ET

Judge Orders Release of Kids Sent to Detention Center for Refusing Lunch With Their Dad

by Phil Helsel

A Michigan judge has ordered the release of three children from a juvenile detention facility where they were placed after the kids refused the judge's order to meet with their dad.

Oakland County Judge Lisa Gorcyca sent the children — ages 9, 10 and 15 — to a juvenile detention center on June 24 for failing to maintain a "healthy relationship" with their father.

On Friday the judge ordered that the children be sent to a summer camp instead, NBC station WDIV reported. Visits with their parents will be permitted at the camp, the station reported...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...detention-center-refusing-lunch-their-n390291

Great discussion and food for thought. A special shout out to Gitana1 for lending us her wisdom!

As I said in the opening post, I don't know which parent is in the right or if either is, really.

What I do have a problem with is holding the children in contempt. Either they are the victim of abuse from their father (hitting mom in front of them, threatening to kill them) or a victim of abuse from their mother (extreme parental alienation) or perhaps some combination thereof.

Why are the children being held at fault for the actions of the parents?

The judge was so angry and said some emotionally abusive things to those kids IMO, according to the transcript. Her decision to send them to juvie just seemed punitive. After all, if she wanted to get them away from the mom, why not just award full custody to dad?

The one bright side of juvie was the provision of counseling for the kids. But now instead they are going to go to camp?

I just can't reconcile the Judge's statements about court ordering and putting the onus on the kids to have a normal relationship with their Dad.

Isn't the onus on the court, if she believes this is alienation by mom, to hold mom in contempt? And to remove the kids from mom's custody and place them with either dad or a foster situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time