MI - Updates On Stanley Case-2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this is NOT wonderful news. they did not say that he was "not guilty", but the case was dismissed on a technicallity and the pathologist completely changed his story..why? that makes no sense. but no matter what...this case is NOT over!!!!

I am glad to hear this great news! Its a shame that this man spent a year in jail and lost that time with his daughter. Hopefully he can go on with his life and the Stanleys will allow him to build a relationship with his daughter without involving the court system.

I am glad to hear this great news! Its a shame that this man spent a year in jail and lost that time with his daughter. Hopefully he can go on with his life and the Stanleys will allow him to build a relationship with his daughter without involving the court system.

did you forget he actually 2 daughters and never had a huge relationship the first one to begin with? and before he got arrested he tld the stanley that alexis would be better off with them and he wanted her to stay there. he didnt want her in my opinion.

he has not been said to be not guilty...
we dont know the truth still
and for those of you hurting because in jail...how do you think those who lost the lives of the 2 closest people to them in their life must feel. i think jail is a small price to pay in return for 2 lives... i have no pity for you.. or him. i feel that he is guilty but even if that cant be proven the case is not over. something happened to these girls and i am ticked off.

dancer girl
Obviously you are in a great deal of pain. I know James well and not long ago I spoke with him. He knows well that there are people out there who will always think he had something to do with Erin's death. He told me either two or three days after her deal that he didn't do anything wrong and I believe him. He has never changed his story and he never fled beyond Wayne County. I can well imagine that when he was arrested that he might say that Alexis would be better off with the Stanleys than some foster parent. I believe that he is perfectly willing to work with the family to see how best he can be reintroduced into Alexis' life. If you are one of the Stanleys rest assured that James will be getting plenty of help to remold his life. Regarding his other daughter, I feel confient that he will do what's right understanding that Ashley is now married and has another child. Right now I think he just wants to forget the past 17 months and get on with a life which includes things like finishing his education and getting a job. Actually, I think the job thing is already taken care of. Hopefully, over some unidentified period, he will get a chance to see Alexis and get reacquainted with her. The James of today is not the James of 17 months ago. He knows well what he had to do to make something of himself. Again, if you are one of the Stanleys rest assured that James has help available to him that he never had before. For now, I think he needs to get away and recover from the past nightare he has gone through. For what it's worth he never said he did anything and he never changed his story....I for one believe him.

I am sorry you are angry, like you I am entitled to my opinion. I have never felt James was guilty. In fact, I am not sure a crime was even committed. Mr and Mrs Stanley did not have anything negative to say about James in court, therefore I am hoping that eventually they can work together and do what is best for Alexis. The pain felt by the lose of two daughters is unimaginable, but putting an innocent man in prison is not going to lessen that pain.

did you forget he actually 2 daughters and never had a huge relationship the first one to begin with? and before he got arrested he tld the stanley that alexis would be better off with them and he wanted her to stay there. he didnt want her in my opinion.

he has not been said to be not guilty...
we dont know the truth still
and for those of you hurting because in jail...how do you think those who lost the lives of the 2 closest people to them in their life must feel. i think jail is a small price to pay in return for 2 lives... i have no pity for you.. or him. i feel that he is guilty but even if that cant be proven the case is not over. something happened to these girls and i am ticked off.

i will never change my opinion that james is responsible. ever. however i do pray for him and i do hope that he is a changed man like you say. however, change is hard to come by. i guess we will just have to see.

dancing girl Sometime down the road the families will have to work together to do the best for Alexis. For now I would think Alexis should be the most important consideration. I don't get the sense that James is interested in pushing anything that would not be in Alexis' best interest.

I most definitely want the best for alexis. please dont think that i dont. yes, they may have to work together and if that happens then i hope everything goes great. but, IMO i think she is where she needs to be for her best interest.

I believe justice was served today. There was no evidence to convict James because he did not kill anyone. I truly believe both girls died due to medical issues. I wish James could be exonerated completely instead of only dismissing the charges for lack of evidence. It will leave doubt in so many minds which is a shame for Alexis. James can deal with it, but kids and many adults can be so cruel.

She is the most vulnerable victim in all of this. For her to lose her mother and her father for all this time while he sat in jail is so sad. I hope for her sake they are reunited very soon and the families can find a way to make her life full of love. It is no longer about anyone except Alexis. Bless her heart. I pray they do the right thing.

Btw, Dancer~ It IS over. They stated they would not retry this case.

it is NOT over. maybe the james part. but its unsolved.

and btw..they didnt say that i specifically heard mike shipman say it could be tried if new evidence or they find something.
i know this is verrrrrrrrrrrrry doubtful and do not anticipate it at all.
but it could happen.

it can be tried because he was never even tried.

i think you just misunderstood what i meant. the legal part may be over ..the court and all...but its not over. not for those involved and not for those suffering. not for alexis, james, the parents, family, friends.

Dancer girl - James is in jail until arrangements can be made for him to go to Jennings county (I think). I believe he has to make arrangements regarding child support payments for his first daughter. In some respects I sort of agree with you saying this is unsolved. If James didn't do it then it seems logical to say that Erin either died of natural causes or there is still someone else out there. For now I really think it unlikely that another trial will ever come to pass regardless of the suspect. The body is gone and the autopsy has been seriously challenged. Personality, regardless of what has happened, I think it is now time for those involved to focus on Alexis and do what is best for her. Hopefully we will all find closure and a sense of peace.

i agree bumblebug.. i do not really see this going any further. i think the best thing now is to pray for the best for alexis and everyone else involved.

dancer girl I couldn't agree more. I will be meeting my pastor in about an hour to pray for everyone that was involved. I could have dumped a lot more in this forum but
I am not hear to hurt those who have already suffered enough. I know what its like to lose a child and to say it is heartbreaking is an understatement. May God Bless

To Chicogirl 36 I'm thinking about New Smyrna Beach or perhaps Corpus Christy.
P.S. I have talked with James on the phone and plan on picking him up when he is officially released.

Maybe you should just take that poor man with you and yu can both relax!! LOL- Thanks again for all of your first hand knowledge- Its hard when they dont report on him AT ALL but in that dumb paper!

You deserve extra points in heaven for all you have done, mentally and physically.:blowkiss:

Chicogirl 36
Perhaps we should first to to Mississippi and visit some friends. They have a large pond out front full of gators where we can toss unwanted guest like lazy reporters. Again, many thanks for the kind remarks. P.S. I also want to express special thanks to HAWG for the kind remarks she expressed to the media after the trial. She deserves a lot of credit for being able to see not only with her eyes but with her heart as well. Take Care

HAWG
If you have any recent photos of Haley you could share I certainly would appreciate seeing them It's been a long time since I last saw her. Since you know my name all you have to do is look me up in the phone book. I again want to thank everyone for the support you have given me through this ordeal. I do suspect that the case is truly over. I think it extremely unlikely that any case can go forward now with the cause of death in question. It just leaves too much doubt. For the record I still don't think James murdered Erin. I truly believe that both girls died of seizures and that Erin's body was mishandled between the hospital and the start of the autopsy. For now I kind of have the responsibility to get James started on a better path that will lead to finding a job and completing his education. Hopefully in just a few months those goals will be met. I suspect if I'm asked to pick him up the first thing we will do is go out and scarf down a cheeseburger with fries and wash it down with a chocolate malt. I can only imagine how long it has been since he had a descent meal.

I haven't been online much lately and completely missed the part about the murder case against James being dismissed. I'm glad. I always felt like Erin died from a seizure like her sister. I hope James can put this behind him and have a happy life. I hope he will be able to have some kind of relationship with Alexis.

MCDRAW
I too hope James can get his life back after spending nearly 16 months in the Wayne County jail. I can assure you that it was not pleasant seeing this case taking its toll on him each and every time I visited. I will visit him tomorrow and hope to pick him up after he takes a short trip to another county to tell them exactly why he was not able to pay child support during that time. Right after that I exprect to pick him up and bring him to my home for a few days and then sernd him on his way to visit his sister. After that I expect him to find a job and try to forget most of this mess. He told me he just wants out so he can rest a little before starting a job search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back