Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 8 *D. Stewart guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which brings up another point about the wind, he says there was no wind, and it couldn't have blown there, however, a check of the weather for that day in Colon showed 10mph winds with gusts to 19mph. Not that it means anything, but just saying...there was noticeable wind that day.

I am from the midwest and have learned that many many times, most likely over 90% of the time, once the sun comes up, the wind usually does not pick up until hours later closer around noon time. MOO

Here are a few things that have been on my mind of late...

BBM

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/MSP-Colon-Twp-woman-possibly-abducted

Interesting video here, Risko asking for someone to come forward, especially Venus herself, to let LE know she's okay. If they believed she was abducted, why would they ask Venus herself to come forward?

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/MSP-Colon-Twp-woman-possibly-abducted

Recently, she and the couple's two young children moved back to Michigan to live with her parents. Court documents reveal this latest move was sparked by an investigation into the sexual abuse of their 5-year-old daughter. Douglas Stewart denies that, and said he "doesn't understand what she is doing, or what her plan is."

I must have missed this quote from DS before...but apparently, DS feels that VS is "doing something" and that she has a "plan", but he doesn't understand it or what it's about.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/michigan_state_police_want_to.html

The man was seen April 25 between 6 and 10:30 p.m. in an area around Adams Lake where authorities have been searching for signs of the 32-year-old mother of two. The lake is northeast of Colon, about a mile east of the home of Stewarts’ parents, where she was last seen.

Police released a sketch of the man they hope to talk to Thursday. He is a white man, believed to be in his late 20s to early 30s, about 5 feet, 5 inches to 5 feet, -8 inches tall, weighing 150 to 160 pounds, with short, dark hair and a mustache.

Two people who saw the man did not recognize him as someone who lived in the area and said he was “acting suspiciously,” Risko said. They described him as “disheveled, not wearing a shirt and asking people for cigarettes,” he said.

MASSIVE SEARCH AT ADAM'S LAKE FOLLOWED...3 different occasions, side scanning sonar, and had plans to go back after water receded.

The 6pm to 10:30pm timeframe leads me to think he was spotted by multiple parties at different times. If DS was in OH buying murder kits at 6:45pm, and if this Wetman character is a local boy and not involved, why the massive searches? Why the sketch? I believe MSP thinks Wetman is involved. Why waste so many resources if not? They certainly haven't been out searching anywhere else like they did at Adams Lake.

Sure, they were looking at wet man when they thought DS had an alibi and they had pretty much no other leads. But when they found the receipt from Walmart in Ohio in his truck, the investigation naturally shifted.

I'm one who doesn't think VS had a plan and definitely thinks DS had one. In fact, LE thinks he had a plan, too. They think he got an impersonator to help him out with his premeditated plan.

Think, they are covering the bases imo. Sort of like the questions regarding the faux Doug's. We do not know when they had accumulated evidence of a crime-the BOLO for DS's truck and DS made sense since she had an active restraining order against him and MSP could not get a hold of him after the disappearance. I actually think that MSP did a pretty good job of reacting right away but keeping an open mind, at least initially in the media, regarding the scenario. IIRC, they started accumulating evidence very very quickly that pointed to him from witness interviews, Walmart video, etc...again JMO. BUT, they still searched the area of the lake associated with Wetman while at the same time accumulating the evidence that did not point to a stranger abduction.

Everything currently known that happened April 25 and 26. Brought forward with all updates included. Thank you all for your input!

April 25

- Unknown time: Former neighbors saw Doug's silver Mercury Sable "cruising the neighborhood" around the Stewarts' former home in Schoolcraft, MI.

- Approx 6pm to 10:30pm: Man seen in the early evening by two witnesses at Adams Lake about a mile from Venus' parents' home. Wet man was wet. :) Not wearing a shirt. He came out of the woods, up behind a witness, and asked "Do you know where I am?". He also asked for a cigarette.

- 6:45pm: Doug purchases shovel, gloves, etc, at Walmart in Ohio, 2 hours from Colon, MI

- 8pm: Doug probably talked to his 3yo daughter (It's been reported that the last time he spoke to his 5yo was April 23, that he called them every day except April 26, and that when he called from April 27 on, Venus' parents wouldn't let him speak to either of the girls).

April 26

- Prior to 6am/6:45am: Venus and her mother have coffee.

- Prior to 6am/6:45am: One of the little girls wakes up while Venus and her mom have coffee.

- Prior to 6am/6:45am: Venus tells her mother she's going to mail something. (Do we know that Venus told her mother this before she left for work? Or could she have told her this in a phone call?)

- 6am: Venus' mom leaves for work. May have been as late as 6:45am

- Approx 7am: A truck matching the description of Doug's seen in vacant lot across the street (kitty corner) from Venus' parents house. A man is crouching behind it. (Tire marks in the lot photographically match the tires on Doug's truck.)

- Approx 7:05: The truck matching the description of Doug's leaves.

- 7:10am to 8:30am: Venus goes outside and is abducted. There are signs of a scuffle - gravel displaced, heel or foot/shoe prints on the propane tank.

- Prior to 8:30am: The other little girl wakes up.

- 8:30am: Venus' father gets up because the little girls are making noise. Girls tell him "Mommy went outside." He discovers that Venus is gone. May have been as early as 8am.

- Unknown time: Venus' father finds a tarp wrapper in the driveway of his home, and points it out to LE.

- 9:30am: Imposter pays bill at Doug's custody attorney's office, appears at other business(es) on video, draws funds, appears at Doug's apartment (or apartment building?) on video. Has some of Doug's personal documents in his possession.

- 8pm: Doug doesn't call the girls as he's done every day.

- Approx 8pm: LE talks by phone to someone claiming to be Doug.

Sure, they were looking at wet man when they thought DS had an alibi and they had pretty much no other leads. But when they found the receipt from Walmart in Ohio in his truck, the investigation naturally shifted.

I'm one who doesn't think VS had a plan and definitely thinks DS had one. In fact, LE thinks he had a plan, too. They think he got an impersonator to help him out with his premeditated plan.

That would be fine if LE hadn't already discovered the Walmart receipt on May 5th. According to PUFNSTUF's timeline, MSP released the sketch of Wetman on May 6th. Plus, they made it very clear that DS was "the one and only person of interest". So why put WetMan's sketch out there and why search Adam's Lake three different times? Why hasn't WetMan been identified yet? Maybe folks don't understand how a town this small operates, but everybody knows everybody, and when someone is out place, it sticks out like a sore thumb. This guy has not been identified. The only "real" exhaustive searching was as a result of this guy being nearby. Multiple witnesses corroborated the sighting and we're even interviewed about it by the local news. They didn't wait a week to report it either. MOO

Think, they are covering the bases imo. Sort of like the questions regarding the faux Doug's. We do not know when they had accumulated evidence of a crime-the BOLO for DS's truck and DS made sense since she had an active restraining order against him and MSP could not get a hold of him after the disappearance. I actually think that MSP did a pretty good job of reacting right away but keeping an open mind, at least initially in the media, regarding the scenario. IIRC, they started accumulating evidence very very quickly that pointed to him from witness interviews, Walmart video, etc...again JMO. BUT, they still searched the area of the lake associated with Wetman while at the same time accumulating the evidence that did not point to a stranger abduction.

I hope you are right and that they did not have one-track minds right from the get go. I still think WetMan plays into this. Too much of a coincidence that someone is somewhere they aren't supposed to be, on private property, less than a mile from VS house acting very suspicious and nobody knows who he is of where he went, and he hasn't come forward with all the media attention to identify himself either. I think Wetman may have been a diversion of some kind. Maybe to draw attention away from what was really about to take place...in my opinion, he's a piece of this puzzle. My guess is that LE really thinks he may be an accomplice of DS.

IMO I don't think they have DS on tape at Walmart. I think they are using the receipt they found in the truck to "place him in Ohio". I just can't imagine someone setting up an impersonator to cover his whereabouts in NN and then waltzing in to Walmart to buy the stuff. It makes no sense. Also, I was thinking about back when LionKing21 said a while back that he/she knows the Stewart family and said DS was a decorated USMC sniper. If that's true, then we really have to think about this, because USMC sniper is not an easy position to achieve. Only the elite of the corps that apply for that position are accepted into the training program and only a handful of those will pass through the rigorous training. They are taught to conceal themselves at all costs, to avoid detection no matter what. It's how they stay alive to do their job. Somehow I don't see someone with that type of training, a person who understands and has mastered avoiding detection, simply walking into Walmart to buy the stuff on the receipt.

Now, snipers are trained to stalk their target from long distances, but the key part of being a sniper is that they are not seen, not detected, not out in the open. Certainly not driving around in high profile vehicles and parking right accross the street from their targets.

Cruising the old neighborhood? Parking near the McCombs? Walmart? Leaving overwhelming evidence behind in both vehicles? Leaving both vehicles on a public street just down from the apartment complex? None of this sounds like someone with elite special forces training in how to avoid detection. With his training he would probably have skills with using long range optics, so why would take his vehicle anywhere near the house? Why would he be opening tarps at the abduction scene? His job would have been to never compromise his position. Think about what that means when you are behind enemy lines...you move wrong, you're dead. I can't imagine someone with this type of training being as lackadaisacal as we are to believe DS was here. It's boggling my mind.

I just don't think that someone who LE believes left a near flawless impostor scenario running itself in Virginia, hits the Ohio border and goes completely stupid, forgets his whole crafty plan and military training and goes to Wally World for the kit. MOO

I just don't think that someone who LE believes left a near flawless impostor scenario running itself in Virginia, hits the Ohio border and goes completely stupid, forgets his whole crafty plan and military training and goes to Wally World for the kit. MOO
Got link? I didn't get that impression. Also, a sniper is trained to work without the involvement of passions, not to go after his wife.

I hope you are right and that they did not have one-track minds right from the get go. I still think WetMan plays into this. Too much of a coincidence that someone is somewhere they aren't supposed to be, on private property, less than a mile from VS house acting very suspicious and nobody knows who he is of where he went, and he hasn't come forward with all the media attention to identify himself either. I think Wetman may have been a diversion of some kind. Maybe to draw attention away from what was really about to take place...in my opinion, he's a piece of this puzzle. My guess is that LE really thinks he may be an accomplice of DS.

Why don't you call the Pigeon Post, and tell them you noticed they're not asking for info on this guy any more, and ask them if we should still be on the lookout for him?

A yes answer would tell you one thing; a no answer, another.

IMO I don't think they have DS on tape at Walmart. I think they are using the receipt they found in the truck to "place him in Ohio". I just can't imagine someone setting up an impersonator to cover his whereabouts in NN and then waltzing in to Walmart to buy the stuff. It makes no sense. Also, I was thinking about back when LionKing21 said a while back that he/she knows the Stewart family and said DS was a decorated USMC sniper. If that's true, then we really have to think about this, because USMC sniper is not an easy position to achieve. Only the elite of the corps that apply for that position are accepted into the training program and only a handful of those will pass through the rigorous training. They are taught to conceal themselves at all costs, to avoid detection no matter what. It's how they stay alive to do their job. Somehow I don't see someone with that type of training, a person who understands and has mastered avoiding detection, simply walking into Walmart to buy the stuff on the receipt.

Now, snipers are trained to stalk their target from long distances, but the key part of being a sniper is that they are not seen, not detected, not out in the open. Certainly not driving around in high profile vehicles and parking right accross the street from their targets.

Have you found any sources to support Doug having been a sniper? Or is it still just rumor?

I do not have a link or a copy of a military record or anything like that, but I have been told numerous times (even before this "incident" arose) that DS was a decorated sniper in the Gulf War. Thinkaboutthis - you bring up some excellent points !

IMO you can't really use someone's milatary training as basis of what they would do in their personal life.

I don't know of any Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine trained individual that are trained to kill their wives. But, it happens. This is not the first military person who has ever been accused of such actions.

IMO he acted out of rage because VS had temp custody of the children.

IMO you can't really use someone's milatary training as basis of what they would do in their personal life.

I don't know of any Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine trained individual that are trained to kill their wives. But, it happens. This is not the first military person who has ever been accused of such actions.

IMO he acted out of rage because VS had temp custody of the children.

I believe Venus's allegations of sexual misconduct by Doug towards one of the daughters further fueled his rage in that he was afraid the matter would be investigated more thoroughly resulting in charges being brought against him.

Not only did Venus "win" temporary custody of the girls, she had the ability to see to it that he ended up being a convicted pedophile who would have to register as a sex offender.

I agree with you Think-in the bizarro world of this case, I think as well that Wetman was a deliberate planned distraction. I picture, possibly (and again this is speculation), that DS drives up with a buddy and drives home with a buddy. I think that these are the multiples that MSP keeps inserting into the media when talking about the faux DS'.

Did VS have an insurance policy? Did DS have a good sized pension he might have lost half of if the divorce went through? Because it is hard to imagine that DS would have more than one associate who was willing to participate in a portion of this alleged crime....

DS is not too old to be still serving, right? I wonder why he left?

I do not have a link or a copy of a military record or anything like that, but I have been told numerous times (even before this "incident" arose) that DS was a decorated sniper in the Gulf War. Thinkaboutthis - you bring up some excellent points !

Thanks, Lion. Told by who? Not names, just what type of people - relatives, friends, neighbors, wet men walking out of the woods ;) ? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean