Michelle Young. Murdered Pregnant Mom, NC Part 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
fran said:
Darn! I wanted to read it too. But I did like this article Ms. Lamb wrote. Bet there's a few around who didn't appreciate Ms Lamb's views.

JMHO
fran

<snipped>
Fran,

I suspect such views, which are actually founded on statistics, were not received well by certain folks. I also suspect certain folks expect her to listen to their rantings about who they think really killed Michelle and to publish such rantings as they obviously know how to solve crimes better than WCSO does.

This animosity towards Amanda Lamb and the idiocy started way back with JTF who believes Ms. Lamb is making JY look guilty and is accusing him and is bound to try him in the press. This is a very convoluted bunch in my opinion and hopefully Ms. Lamb has a good lawyer who can get a point across to them.

raisincharlie said:
Evening DD,

I have a question for you that perhaps Mr. DNA can provide some insight into if you wouldn't mind asking him next time you run across him. Will send you a Toblerone for him !

I am wondering how effective DNA analysis is in materials recovered from for instance a shower drain. I would assume there would be a DNA mixture present (if recovered) from a master bath shared by a husband and wife. Would the analysis be able to distinguish the two ? Would this analysis, if it could be attenuated, then also be able to be compared against knowns from the couple that live there ?

If it is known from the crime scene that the killer took a shower after the murder, if the perp was not bleeding, what would the odds be that such person's DNA would be detectable - hair possibly ? If the perp was injured and bleeding would there be a possibility of detection?

No rush for answers and don't go out of your way to get one - okay?

Thanks - have a good day !

Ms. Lamb is my hero ! :)

RC, I'll email Mr DNA on my lunch hour...he's great at getting back to me ASAP on basically everything, but now that I think about it, I haven't received any emails from him for a day or two. He might be in court or heaven forbid, vacation. Ha! I'll let you know as soon as we get his response. That would be good info to know, in this case and just general purposes.

P.S. Agree on Ms. Lamb! She's about the only one I'm aware of that covers much of this case at all. Wouldn't you love to know what she 1) really knows and 2) really thinks :innocent:

DEPUTYDAWG said:
RC, I'll email Mr DNA on my lunch hour...he's great at getting back to me ASAP on basically everything, but now that I think about it, I haven't received any emails from him for a day or two. He might be in court or heaven forbid, vacation. Ha! I'll let you know as soon as we get his response. That would be good info to know, in this case and just general purposes.

P.S. Agree on Ms. Lamb! She's about the only one I'm aware of that covers much of this case at all. Wouldn't you love to know what she 1) really knows and 2) really thinks :innocent:
Thank you DD ! Yes, it is good to be able to ask someone in the know so we don't stumble around looking really silly !:crazy: This whole issue of DNA is extremely interesting and such a useful tool for finding both the guilty and proving innocence. Amazing stuff !

I would like to know what Ms. Lamb knows and also what she thinks. I think it is volumes beyond us and I must credit her for keeping any personal feelings out of her reporting. I suspect that this combination is also why some are working so hard to discredit her. Hopefully if this goes to trial CTV will cover it and maybe someday we will know as well.

Thanks again luv - and have a good day!

I'm sorry I've lost track (and patience without the husband's arrest yet)... what just what kind of reason would the sister have had to kill Michelle?

ISPTRAX said:
I'm sorry I've lost track (and patience without the husband's arrest yet)... what just what kind of reason would the sister have had to kill Michelle?
ISPTRAX,

No idea why Meredith would have killed her only sister. Not known but rumored is the life insurance named JY as beneficiary - therefore no financial gain. Also not known but rumored was that Cassidy was to be given to JY's younger sister in the event something happened to Michelle and JY - no child to gain there.

However the insiders supporting JY have indicated jealousy as Michelle was thin and pretty and was the favorite - sibling rivalry. Also Meredith was into to some unsavory activities such as drugs and so on. Other than this kind of muck, no real reasons provided. :sick:

raisincharlie said:
ISPTRAX,

No idea why Meredith would have killed her only sister. Not known but rumored is the life insurance named JY as beneficiary - therefore no financial gain. Also not known but rumored was that Cassidy was to be given to JY's younger sister in the event something happened to Michelle and JY - no child to gain there.

However the insiders supporting JY have indicated jealousy as Michelle was thin and pretty and was the favorite - sibling rivalry. Also Meredith was into to some unsavory activities such as drugs and so on. Other than this kind of muck, no real reasons provided. :sick:

I believe there was a murmur of some heirloom (jewellry) and money missing too.

jilly said:
I believe there was a murmur of some heirloom (jewellry) and money missing too.
I recall hearing that as well Jilly. I can understand LE not knowing either of those things one way or the other since someone is not talking. I can understand LE not saying anything about jewelry but notifying the pawn shops with a hot sheet in hopes someone would try to pawn it. But I think it is a red herring in reality. I'm surprised there has not been a count of how many jelly beans were missing as well...:slap: :slap:

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It doesn't make a helluva lotta sense to me that Meridith would have done it...

I know this isnt' going to be very popular, but.....after the Groening case and the lawyers wife out in CA where we all thought it must be someone close because of the brutatlity and it could not have been done by strangers I am open to almost anything these days. I do lean towards JY at the moment though. I can also see the sister angle. My older sister and I have never been the best of friends, but we have had a pretty good relationship, but there has always been some jealousy on her part towards me. And right now it's at it's worse. She's at a point in her life where things are not what she had hoped for and I seem to have made some better choices and instead of looking at what she can do to improve her situation she instead has chosen to focus all of her unhappiness on me. She truly hates me right now and I for one and glad she lives over 5 hours away and has never been to my house. She has a very very very bad temper I don't know what she might do. She has such a rage towards me right now and it's just a wierd situation, so I can see how a sister could do this as well. That in no way means I think her sister did this, I don't, but I am open to the idea that it could have happend. :twocents:

curious1 said:
I know this isnt' going to be very popular, but.....after the Groening case and the lawyers wife out in CA where we all thought it must be someone close because of the brutatlity and it could not have been done by strangers I am open to almost anything these days. I do lean towards JY at the moment though. I can also see the sister angle. My older sister and I have never been the best of friends, but we have had a pretty good relationship, but there has always been some jealousy on her part towards me. And right now it's at it's worse. She's at a point in her life where things are not what she had hoped for and I seem to have made some better choices and instead of looking at what she can do to improve her situation she instead has chosen to focus all of her unhappiness on me. She truly hates me right now and I for one and glad she lives over 5 hours away and has never been to my house. She has a very very very bad temper I don't know what she might do. She has such a rage towards me right now and it's just a wierd situation, so I can see how a sister could do this as well. That in no way means I think her sister did this, I don't, but I am open to the idea that it could have happend. :twocents:
I'm glad she is five hours away from you as well !

I could entertain other possible participants as well provided there was something given other than what we have right now which is nothing but rumor and innuendo. I haven't seen any returned warrants for anyone else (except for MMs computer). I recall Sherrif Harrison stating that warrants for fingerprints and what not have not been required for anyone but JY. Apparently many characters are cooperating, to include Meredith.

One of the big reasons I have against thinking very much about Meredith - goes back to the document that JY called her about and asked her to retrieve. If Meredith was involved, this has got to be better luck than winning the lottery. JMO. I believe this to be true as the search warrants indicate that Meredith was left a voice mail, the NTO also indicates that JY was required to give voice samples. This tells me that the voicemail left by JY was still on Meredith's phone and most likely will prove out to be JYs voice. I say that because there have been no warrants made public regarding Meredith. I see no reason why a search warrant to explore the austral data from Meredith's phone would not be disclosed.

To me, the biggest unknown and possibility would be the GA friend. We know zero about her and either she has been taken into witness protection or she is locked up in a mental ward somewhere. It is as if she does not exist since 1030 pm on November 2, 2006. Unfortunately we are left with what is public knowledge and unfortunately that points in one direction only. I tend to believe that LE has far greater knowledge about how to investigate than I do - as such I am left in the position of taking their lead. They could be wrong in this case, but I'll take that lottery ticket as well. JMO.

raisincharlie said:
They could be wrong in this case, but I'll take that lottery ticket as well. JMO.
Hee, you and me both. :)

Ventured to the dark side >>>and read that RPD has been banned now. Not a surprise, I guess (sorry I didn't get to read over there last night before the thread got poofed). I liked RPD's insights, etc.

Doesn't he post over here as well, under a different name? Come on, RPD. I'd hope you'd still give us your personal take into this case and all the players!

DEPUTYDAWG said:
Ventured to the dark side >>>and read that RPD has been banned now. Not a surprise, I guess (sorry I didn't get to read over there last night before the thread got poofed). I liked RPD's insights, etc.

Doesn't he post over here as well, under a different name? Come on, RPD. I'd hope you'd still give us your personal take into this case and all the players!

Barney, come in...come in Barney...

the legion of team-jy, is I believe, trying to intimidate many of the regular posters...based on an eml or two that i have received...hang in there all and ignore them...they are all wayyy off...i have not seen them here but forewarned is best...

Dominique said:
the legion of team-jy, is I believe, trying to intimidate many of the regular posters...based on an eml or two that i have received...hang in there all and ignore them...they are all wayyy off...i have not seen them here but forewarned is best...
Dominique,

I was going to send you a pm asking if you would explain what the heck that deal is about - if you wouldn't mind would you fill me in by pm ? I find this intimidation to be really odd and well, quite frankly, very sick but also in line with JTFs warnings of many moons ago.:crazy:

Dominique said:

Yes, whatever the heck they're up to...don't let them intimidate/coerce/threaten. Just makes the Team-JY look even more desperate. Really - how can they expect that to help their boy?!

Ah Charlie, but if they had a brainstorming board they would be most fortunate to elect you as the chair! LOL

The only thing I remember being said about GA is that she is a younger SS of Michelle's and her initials were SS. I did read her name once at CTV but naturally can't remember it!

Working but checking in as usual Scandi

I'd be curious, Curious, to find out what reason they gave in his bannishment! Do you get a reason when you're banned? Do they email you or just pull your name off the registry?

scandi said:
I'd be curious, Curious, to find out what reason they gave in his bannishment! Do you get a reason when you're banned? Do they email you or just pull your name off the registry?
when u look on the ergistry, it just says BANNED both for RPD and GOJO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member