Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pack_fan said:
How much time would a criminal defense attorney spend on a case if the client had not been charged? Anyone?
You know Mr Smith KNOWS a lot of what LE has and that JY will be charged at some point in the near future.It is in JY's best interest to begin mounting his defense now so as to be ready to come out firing with both barrels when the time comes. Of course, that plan of action takes $$$.

pack_fan said:
Just curious. If Mr. Goins is who he says, and I have no reason to doubt, he is a close family friend and has been inside the home. Just wondering if he is so close that possibly some of the information, especially theories could have come from either a pi or defense attorney. Might be seeing a preview of trial to come.
I think he and JTF played CSI at the house and are floating the blood in the bath, but nowhere else , the tooth and the 'socks' because they have NOTHING else to float...nothing. No, I do not think Goins is privy to any info Smith and JY have discussed.

Smugshots said:
Hi Barney,

I haven't read one single thing that Goins has said that has helped JY at all. I'm beginning to wonder if he really thinks JY is innocent! Can you recall anything that's he's said that has actually helped JY, maybe I missed it.
Smoke and mirrors...not worth anything.

There is NOTHING he said that made me stop and wonder , maybe JY may be innocent after all.

sorry to butt in here - but trying to catch up here... does anyone know WHERE is Part 4???? I can't find it... :( TIA!

Barney Fife said:
Smoke and mirrors...not worth anything.

There is NOTHING he said that made me stop and wonder , maybe JY may be innocent after all.
Gotta agree with you there Barney! Trying to catch up here as I have been following the Tara Lynn Grant story.

RC.....can you check you PM's please? :) Thanks!

If Jason lied to his friend about when that document was printed out -- and investigators will be able to determine when that was done -- that could be a very strong piece of circumstantial evidence. If it was printed when he was supposed to have been in Hillsville, he's toast.

pack_fan said:
The whole story with the printout makes no sense to me. Agreed rc that I would have grabbed it as soon as she left the room to avoid that situation again. Then, on top of that, he remembered half way to hillsville but decided to wait until the next morning to call Meredith :waitasec: ?????

Hmmm, interesting....

Exactly! He could easily have called her as soon as he thought about it. He apparently left a message in the morning for her so he could have done that the nite before. He could have told her to call him back right away to confirm.

I think he printed that thing out after he murdered Michelle.

jilly said:
Exactly! He could easily have called her as soon as he thought about it. He apparently left a message in the morning for her so he could have done that the nite before. He could have told her to call him back right away to confirm.

I think he printed that thing out after he murdered Michelle.
The good news is LE knows the EXACT TIME it was printed (thank god for computer print cache)

Barney Fife said:
The good news is LE knows the EXACT TIME it was printed (thank god for computer print cache)
Barney, it is great to see you posting over here more regularly. I sometimes read, but am not registered on "THE DARK SIDE" and it just gets to be too much to keep up with.

In your opinion, will there be an arrest any time in the near future? Every day I come here and keep my fingers cross while the pages are loading, hoping for the day when there will be an ARREST thread!

Mama-cita said:
Barney, it is great to see you posting over here more regularly. I sometimes read, but am not registered on "THE DARK SIDE" and it just gets to be too much to keep up with.

In your opinion, will there be an arrest any time in the near future? Every day I come here and keep my fingers cross while the pages are loading, hoping for the day when there will be an ARREST thread!
I wish I knew more inside LE info to know there would be an arrest soon. I can only pray at this point. I will say this case is NOT COLD (I know that for a fact)

Barney Fife said:

Yes - let's hope this is one mistake of many that he made.

Thinking about the 7:30am call to Meredith as well. Michelle would have been home at that time and how would he know she hadn't seen it that Thursday nite or during the morning? And...who in the heck calls someone (Meredith)at that time in the morning anyways unless you know the person is up or if it's a real emergency?

I agree with Nan - he could have called Michelle, said there was something on his desk and please don't look at it because it's a surprise.

Barney Fife said:
I wish I knew more inside LE info to know there would be an arrest soon. I can only pray at this point. I will say this case is NOT COLD (I know that for a fact)

Do you know how many investigators are assigned to this case?

Barney Fife said:
You know Mr Smith KNOWS a lot of what LE has and that JY will be charged at some point in the near future.It is in JY's best interest to begin mounting his defense now so as to be ready to come out firing with both barrels when the time comes. Of course, that plan of action takes $$$.
I would guess that Mr. Smith has had a pi at the house (the highly trained individual) and they have seen a piece of the crime scene. They were not privy to the same information that LE has since evidence was removed but got a glimpse of the brutality of the crime. I'm not convinced that Mr. Smith knows a lot more than we do at least as far as LE is concearned. Obviously he has talked to JY and knows the timeline, meeting places, travel plans, etc. He has gotten copies of the search warrants and they probably threw him a few bones to try to get JY to cooperate but thats about it imo. Would it not be foolish for LE to share blood results, dna, other forensic evidence, copies of the counselors testimony, and all the other info that they have. IMO, LE is going to give them only what is required and not show their cards too soon.

MO? LE is not sharing anything unless they have to.

So - how does it work with a defense PI. At this point would he be contacting Meredith, GA friend, MM at this point? Do you think LE has instructed these people not to talk to anyone?

jilly said:
Yes - let's hope this is one mistake of many that he made.

<snip>

I agree with Nan - he could have called Michelle, said there was something on his desk and please don't look at it because it's a surprise.

If I said that to my wife all I would hear would be the receiver hitting the floor...:p

jilly said:
MO? LE is not sharing anything unless they have to.

So - how does it work with a defense PI. At this point would he be contacting Meredith, GA friend, MM at this point? Do you think LE has instructed these people not to talk to anyone?
I agree Jilly, LE is sharing nothing not required by law. The search warrants they have to forward - at least the ones pertaining to JY's property. I suspect that people interviewed by LE have been told to expect a defense interview - the choice of if they talk to that person is theirs alone. LE or the DA can advise but that's it.

The interesting thing about NC, and I will have to search a bit further to find this out for sure - there is no reciprocal discovery requirement. In other words, if JY is charged, the defense does not have to share anything developed during their investigation except for information relating to alibi witnesses. I'm still searching the codes for a better understanding of this.

RC

raisincharlie said:
I agree Jilly, LE is sharing nothing not required by law. The search warrants they have to forward - at least the ones pertaining to JY's property. I suspect that people interviewed by LE have been told to expect a defense interview - the choice of if they talk to that person is theirs alone. LE or the DA can advise but that's it.

The interesting thing about NC, and I will have to search a bit further to find this out for sure - there is no reciprocal discovery requirement. In other words, if JY is charged, the defense does not have to share anything developed during their investigation except for information relating to alibi witnesses. I'm still searching the codes for a better understanding of this.

RC

Wasn't really clear with my statement last night although I think you know what I meant. He has not been charged with anything so they don't have to tell him a thing other than the search warrants that you mentioned charlie...

glad i popped in....didn't know a 7:30 am call had been verified!!!...i know we'd heard that he made the call early in the morning, so that would fit....i always look here to see if there's a new thread titled "arrest has been made"....hoping i'll see it soon!!

raisincharlie said:
If I said that to my wife all I would hear would be the receiver hitting the floor...:p

All the more reason for her to go and look hey? :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member