Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
raisincharlie said:
Nor will it be in the autopsy report.
I really don't think they can establish an exact TOD, just the parameters they've already suggested.

Thanks Close for posting the link. Boy, you count the number of blows and then injuries to her body and it is plain to see the killer focused on her head and mouth area. Where you think and speak, and I think that is why he hated her so much. She was very smart and probably held her own with her brainpower and then being able to express it, and she probably said some things to him that set him off. 10 or 12 blows to the back of the head, 8 to the left side plus the facial injuries to the mandible {is that the jaw?}.

There are the last 5 pages missing. Guess they just are not loaded yet.

panthera said:
I really don't think they can establish an exact TOD, just the parameters they've already suggested.
There was food in her stomach and other indicators - they will be able to narrow it to closer than 6 hours.

Autopsy reports however seldom include a TOD as a general rule. I suspect they have it narrowed down quite weli.

Two things I noted were no rigor, and now I've read that the autopsy was 24 hours after she was found, so that explains that. Does this help though in figuring out TOD?

Also the liver mortis was to her posterior and she was found on her stomach. That doesn't add up!

Gotta go to work! Dag nab it all to heck :D Will check back in periodicaly.

One more thing. it appears the killer wasn't strong enough to strangle her {do you think the strangling attempt was before the blunt forcde trauma?} and so many of the blows to the back of the head didn't crack the ckull. Does this say that the killer could have been a woman? Wouldn't you think JY would be strong enough to strangle her? Also Charlie, would they take that hair stuck to her hand and mark it as evidence if it appeared to be her own? I guess the killer word gloves, but remember the rumor about JY having bruises on his arms!!!!!

ETA: I forgot, What about the last 5 pages that were not put up? What would you think they relate to? And why didn't they upload them?

scandi said:
Thanks Close for posting the link. Boy, you count the number of blows and then injuries to her body and it is plain to see the killer focused on her head and mouth area. Where you think and speak, and I think that is why he hated her so much. She was very smart and probably held her own with her brainpower and then being able to express it, and she probably said some things to him that set him off. 10 or 12 blows to the back of the head, 8 to the left side plus the facial injuries to the mandible {is that the jaw?}.

There are the last 5 pages missing. Guess they just are not loaded yet.

oh my Scandi....i've been over at the "Autopsy" thread posting about the blows to her head :eek:
21 total, is what it looks like...13 on the back of her head & 8 on the left side of her head...yes, no doubt her jaw was broken...

scandi said:
Two things I noted were no rigor, and now I've read that the autopsy was 24 hours after she was found, so that explains that. Does this help though in figuring out TOD?

Also the liver mortis was to her posterior and she was found on her stomach. That doesn't add up!

One more thing. it appears the killer wasn't strong enough to strangle her {do you think the strangling attempt was before the blunt forcde trauma?} and so many of the blows to the back of the head didn't crack the ckull. Does this say that the killer could have been a woman? Wouldn't you think JY would be strong enough to strangle her? Also Charlie, would they take that hair stuck to her hand and mark it as evidence if it appeared to be her own? I guess the killer word gloves, but remember the rumor about JY having bruises on his arms!!!!!

ETA: I forgot, What about the last 5 pages that were not put up? What would you think they relate to? And why didn't they upload them?

yeah...body was cold & rigor "not detectable"

i see 13 out of 13 pages here on my end Scandi.....are there more?????

As much as I am conviced that DH did this, after hearing about the attempted strangling followed by the beating, I would not be surprised to find out that JY(DH) had a more local girlfiriend or two and one of them wanted to take out the wife. If that was the case then I have no doubt it was with some prompting from the hubby. Even with another theory I keep going back to the hubby.

curious1 said:
As much as I am conviced that DH did this, after hearing about the attempted strangling followed by the beating, I would not be surprised to find out that JY(DH) had a more local girlfiriend or two and one of them wanted to take out the wife. If that was the case then I have no doubt it was with some prompting from the hubby. Even with another theory I keep going back to the hubby.

there's a couple of folks over at ctv that think there were two people involved in this murder (besides MY of course)....could be right, but i'll be completely shocked if someone other than JY is involved.....jmo

Taximom said:
I thought autopsy reports were available publically, but not the pictures. :waitasec: I bet laws are different in every county/state.

Edited to add that I just now saw Panthera's response. :D
bill of interest to the ME system was one clarifying the public record status of photographs taken during autopsies. Prior to passage of this legislation such photographs, at least those taken by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, had been ruled as being public records by the North Carolina Attorney General's Office. As such, copies had to be furnished to anyone requesting the same and willing to pay the reproduction fee. The passage of this legislation, House Bill 1543, codifies the right of any interested party to view such photographs but limits who may receive actual copies.

Barney Fife said:
bill of interest to the ME system was one clarifying the public record status of photographs taken during autopsies. Prior to passage of this legislation such photographs, at least those taken by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, had been ruled as being public records by the North Carolina Attorney General's Office. As such, copies had to be furnished to anyone requesting the same and willing to pay the reproduction fee. The passage of this legislation, House Bill 1543, codifies the right of any interested party to view such photographs but limits who may receive actual copies.

When you say limits does that mean only press or can any citizen purchase? TIA.

scandi said:

Scandi,

I'm not sure I would conclude the killer was not strong enough to strangle MY, it is very possible she may have kicked him in shall I say a sensitive area. Trust me - it would stop him. It would also anger him once he regained a bit of composure and the voice returned to the normal octave. I'm sure you get my drift.

At the time the body was found - I am quite sure the hair would have been collected even if it seemed to obviously belong to the victim. Would be prudent to do so. I'm sure it would have also been tested.

I'm not yet willing to believe the killer wore gloves - first there is no reason for a person living in the house to worry about fingerprints except for on items directly involved in the murder. I suspect that item(s) were most likely removed by the killer and may possibly be found somewhere not far from Duffield.

I am puzzling over why Michelle did not have socks and shoes on - there are of course a couple or three possibilities for this. Also puzzling on why there were no blows to the right side of her face. Being crude here is it possible the killer had both her hands, say by the wrists, in one of his hands and was hitting her with his right hand resulting in blows only to the left side of her head.

Take a good look at Jy's hands in that photo on WRAL - huge compared to Michelle's hands. This would account for bruising to her hands on the back sides. I'm not sure she would have used her hands to cover her head - there were no noted fractures to her fingers or hands overall. No defensive wounds at all on the palm sides.

Also I am hunting for but not finding a photo of JY that shows his right hand - I believe one might well find a college ring on his right hand - may well account for some of the crescent shape hits to the side of her head.

Still studying ...just a few thoughts.

P.S. - my source was a couple of days off huh?

Hey RC.....

Just found something interesting. I went to the maglight website and played a flash presentation of the c-d cell torch.

According to the flash presentation.....they are serial numbered!

Can you find out more about that?

Hugs
Sami

New thread started......with transcript of Greta's show 22nd january 2007.

As far as I can see, but I'd have no idea anyway coz I didn't see it, lol, it might not be complete as yet.

Sami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member