Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
strach304 said:
The fax in itself alone wouldn't have made me overly suspicious of Jason from the get go but in addition he left for a business trip in front of someone that would be around after the fact to verify that to LE as to what time he left.

Good point strach.

I have seen where some are of the opinion that he wanted his daughter found and I personally cannot give a man credit for caring about his child if he's the one that just killed that child's mother and his unborn son. Neil Entwistle comes to mind so for me if this turns out to be the case you can lump the whole bunch of them together. I see one reason only for him wanting her found and that was to establish he was far away from the scene. Not the last to see her or the one to find her.

That makes perfect sense.

Sorry if this has been gone over but I didn't see it anywhere so maybe we don't know anyway but am curious as to how the sister got in? If the door was locked, did she have a key? I know it's possible she had a key but for me improbable that a sibling would have a key to my house. I wondered if she didn't they kept a spare hidden outside somewhere that Jason told her to use.

strach304 said:
Sorry if this has been gone over but I didn't see it anywhere so maybe we don't know anyway but am curious as to how the sister got in? If the door was locked, did she have a key? I know it's possible she had a key but for me improbable that a sibling would have a key to my house. I wondered if she didn't they kept a spare hidden outside somewhere that Jason told her to use.

My brothers and sisters don't have keys to my house. It is possible that may have been a hidden key like you said. More details to wonder about. Was the sister a frequent visitor?

I wasn't defending Jason I agree we are here to speculate, just bugs me when it appears log jammed on the husband. I liked the post that he may have left with people witnessing it then returning later. And the question about the key to the house. I just wonder what they know because just no forced entry can not be enough to stop investigating. MOO

mom3dd said:
I wasn't defending Jason I agree we are here to speculate, just bugs me when it appears log jammed on the husband. I liked the post that he may have left with people witnessing it then returning later. And the question about the key to the house. I just wonder what they know because just no forced entry can not be enough to stop investigating. MOO

I would love for it not to be the husband this time. We've seen that too many times.

Hopefully LE is still investigating and checking all avenues in this case.

Michelle's mother is devastated. Watching Greta. She is asking for trivial info and this tells me she knows a little more. Looking for justice. JMO.

Of course, I have read all the other info I am just going on gut reaction.

Her sister's reaction is controlled panic (the 911 tape). She wants to scream out but has the baby with her. Again, JMO. I heard the part about booboos and just cried.

I am basing this on my own emotional reaction and facts that have been presented.

This is an opinion board so I just gave mine. I am so sorry for this familiy's terrible lost.

I am hoping the LE (sure they are) obtaining cell phone records.. Hopefully, he had his cell phone on, the time/location a cell picks up on a tower will not lie..

I am not feeling good about him at all.. The whole fax thing smells like a total set up, but hey that is JMO. I am sure her family has probably an idea if that was out of the ordinary for him, sounds to me like a set up and he didn't want the baby left alone.. Still don't like the need for an attorney though, I d... sure wouldn't pay an attorney if this were my kids, family etc...

mom3dd said:

I think most of us try to see both sides, I myself can explain some of the seemingly odd parts like the late night driving because my brother does that for instance. Since we don't have much info there are a lot of questions unanswered and speculation. I agree about the forced entry and posted a few pages back about LE saying it wasn't random is imo unreliable. They would have to know who the killer is for that to be true, no? LE had said that about the Harvey family in Richmond and that nothing had been stolen when there's no way they could've known that so soon. Jewelry and cash are often taken and how can police know that? I wouldn't know what jewelry and money my sister has at any given time.

Wow! Woke up to some great posts, this morning. 5bigfish5 - thanks for the links!

Otto wrote in response to SewingDebs logical comment re driving for an out-of-town business appointment: Now that sounds far more normal and sensible. If he left at 4 for a 9 o'clock meeting ... I understand that. Going to bed at 4 for a 9 o'clock meeting is just not the same.

That same scenario has been cruising my mind with these questions, the most salient being:

1. *Was* there indeed an official business appointment set up, or had Jason gone to Brevard with "business in mind" i.e.: as a cold call instead of a planned call?

2. Either way, agreeing with you and as posted elsewhere earlier, why plan a trip that's going to keep you driving for 5 hours at that time of the night/morning? Why not make it for a little later in the day?

3. Michelle was discovered around 1:00; the step-dad broke the news to him and he 'doubled-up'. So, had Jason already had his business meeting to be at his parents house by noon?

4. Did he catch up on sleep prior to the business? Do we assume he was up till after 10:30 pm and immediately drove 5 odd hours to Brevard; (maybe) caught up on sleep, changed & went to the bathroom etc; leaves for his meeting ... and had returned to his parents by 1:00 pm?

5. While all of this was going on - he also manages to arrange for whatever it was that required (again we'd assume) some form of communicaiton, dialog or an order being made, (documentation, calls and faxes) leading to that surprise fax sent to his house AND ALSO, track down Meredith to collect it *urgently*! Seems like there are a whole lot of alibis happening in a small time-frame. Which issue took precedence that morning in JY's mind? The driving? The business meeting? Or the project behind the fax?

It's almost as if the confusion of Jason's timetable are smoke-screening his actual actions...

concernedperson said:
Michelle's mother is devastated. Watching Greta. She is asking for trivial info and this tells me she knows a little more. Looking for justice. JMO.

Of course, I have read all the other info I am just going on gut reaction.

Her sister's reaction is controlled panic (the 911 tape). She wants to scream out but has the baby with her. Again, JMO. I heard the part about booboos and just cried.

I am basing this on my own emotional reaction and facts that have been presented.

This is an opinion board so I just gave mine. I am so sorry for this familiy's terrible lost.

Hi concerned person. Wish I could watch Greta to pick up on those 'smaller details' you're pickingn up on. Thanks for the info...

Your, my and most opinions all seem to join the same force! I told my husband about the 911 call. He reminded me of our business friend: in the summer, he had a single-car accident, hit a curb and pole and strapped in the backseat was his 3-yr old son (unhurt). The couple that stopped to help automatically took on 2 roles. 'He' handled emergency and the confused, slightly injured dad (bruises and 6 stitches only thank God) while 'she' concentrated on keeping the little boy calm, safe and reassured.

I think most of us have an in-built or subconscious instinct to protect or shield babies, toddlers & kids. So, in a way, maybe Cassidy's presence helped Meredith stay relatively on top of things, (even if Meredith later felt she was running on auto-pilot).

Straitfan said:
I am hoping the LE (sure they are) obtaining cell phone records.. Hopefully, he had his cell phone on, the time/location a cell picks up on a tower will not lie..

I am not feeling good about him at all.. The whole fax thing smells like a total set up, but hey that is JMO. I am sure her family has probably an idea if that was out of the ordinary for him, sounds to me like a set up and he didn't want the baby left alone.. Still don't like the need for an attorney though, I d... sure wouldn't pay an attorney if this were my kids, family etc...

Hi Straitfan. Yes, those phone records and trackings are crucial. Getting the attorney immediately, coupled by the seemingly harsh/instant defense his step-dad blurted out raised common thinking.

In the same position, I seriously cannot see myself going straight to a lawyer as opposed to the hospital, police, family ... I just just see absolutely NO reason to get a lawyer immediately - and then just clam up.

SewingDeb said:
I read somewhere (CTV maybe) that it was several visitors and it was a normal thing for them to visit each week.

Here's an interesting article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006...238.shtml?source=RSSattr=TheEarlyShow_2175238

Thanks, Sewingdeb! Interesting..

Perhaps I'm pushing the envelope a little - however, their home was in a fairly quiet area; my husband would not leave me for a 5-hour drive at midnight if I was pregnant, had a 2 yr-old and the nearest neighbour was out of sight and earshot. He'd still make the trip - but he would have ensured family or friends spent the night with me (vice versa). He'd DEFINITELY have called on arrival to relieve ME of any fears for his safety, too. Diff'rent folks, diff'rent strokes??

JMO...

Sabal said:
Some people are defending Jason, others are sure he's guilty. Interesting reading:

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/raleigh-nc/TPARI863OPL3J66GN/p2#lastPost
That is a very interesting site, seems to be much disagreement between what appears to be family members and his/her friends.. I tend to side with family as their "hinkie meter" is not normally the same as a friend..We can all put up a front with friends if we choose to, but family memebers normally will know the in's and out's of an individual..

Straitfan said:
That is a very interesting site, seems to be much disagreement between what appears to be family members and his/her friends.. I tend to side with family as their "hinkie meter" is not normally the same as a friend..We can all put up a front with friends if we choose to, but family memebers normally will know the in's and out's of an individual..

Someone on that site, Straitfan, wrote: " .... Jason seemed nice ...."

Well, I've already stated I even feel a wee bit guilty believing Jason is responsible; but I just happen to think this right now. I don't know if he's fundamentally nice or not in the big picture. He MUST have been nice at some stage to have held a reasonably ordinary life thus far.

So every murderer/molester/criminal may have been referred to as 'nice' at some stage in their life. If these bent people came across as Hannibal Lechters from Day One - there'd probably be fewer deaths and missing people.

Those kind of comments are moot, imo..

Oooh... we get The early Show 12 hours after USA - Michelle's story is on now! Wow - first time I;ve seen TV coverage ... saw Jason at the funeral, and they're talking to a guest called Pat Brown - discussing pregnancy and responsibility in the man's life (freedom, money, responsibility). Pat sees 'rage' as a crucial point to look at; but that most often a rage-killing is more likely someone she knows... Now talking about DNA requests (agreed standard procedure). Pat's says LE's general consensus is the fax seems suspicious and his alibi has to be 'perfect' because they'll scrutinize for discrepancies. She felt Jason may have been concerned the child was on his own. They ended up stating Jason's family don't want him talking to investigators... (segment just ended).

Sorry that all of the above is a repeat: just couldn't believe it came on seconds ago!

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Thanks, Sewingdeb! Interesting..

Perhaps I'm pushing the envelope a little - however, their home was in a fairly quiet area; my husband would not leave me for a 5-hour drive at midnight if I was pregnant, had a 2 yr-old and the nearest neighbour was out of sight and earshot. He'd still make the trip - but he would have ensured family or friends spent the night with me (vice versa). He'd DEFINITELY have called on arrival to relieve ME of any fears for his safety, too. Diff'rent folks, diff'rent strokes??

JMO...

Good point. My ex would have been that way too. Maybe even insisted that I come with him rather than stay home.

SewingDeb said:
Good point. My ex would have been that way too. Maybe even insisted that I come with him rather than stay home.
Greta's show tonight (guest host Catherine Herridge) had a lot of coverage about this case, thank goodness. Jim Hammer (sp) was there in front and said the prosecutor had been in the home which led him to believe this case is moving along. (I couldn't find a transcript.) I found it a little hard to believe that Cassidy was with her father and I guess his parents. I really hope, if he did this, that he doesn't get desperate and do anything to that little girl.

Hammer also said that it's pitch black there at night as the nearest street light was about 300 feet away. Beautiful home with lots of land in front and forest surrounding the sides. :( Maybe it was a stranger, but the little things are bugging me. In my opinion even the reporter and guests on this show seemed to infer without saying that it's the husband. You know how they say things without saying them?!

:o IMHO

Taximom said:
Greta's show tonight (guest host Catherine Herridge) had a lot of coverage about this case, thank goodness. Jim Hammer (sp) was there in front and said the prosecutor had been in the home which led him to believe this case is moving along. (I couldn't find a transcript.) I found it a little hard to believe that Cassidy was with her father and I guess his parents. I really hope, if he did this, that he doesn't get desperate and do anything to that little girl.

Hammer also said that it's pitch black there at night as the nearest street light was about 300 feet away. Beautiful home with lots of land in front and forest surrounding the sides. :( Maybe it was a stranger, but the little things are bugging me. In my opinion even the reporter and guests on this show seemed to infer without saying that it's the husband. You know how they say things without saying them?!
:o IMHO

Hi taximom, again, ta for the updates and thoughts ... :)

From pictures, the Young's home looks lovely: all that space and woodland. Seems a quiet, leafy area: Who'd be driving around at that time of night?

LE's pushing for "anyone who may have seen a vehicle, or movement, in the area up to 5 or 6 am"

Well, IF ... if there were people in the area at that time then THEY would be questioned too - because what was/were he/she/they doing out and about at that time? The fact that (so far) no-one saw *anything* really also helps the elimination process at the same time, eh?

It might bolster the fact that no-one else actually witnessed Jason driving away at a specific time?

And your last statement gave me a grin: recall Mark Geragos on Larry King up to a few days before heading off to Stanilaus County Jail? He repeatedly commented as to SP's perceived-guilt and even went so far as to tell Nancy Grace, causing laughter on Larry's panel: "This is one of the few occasions I agree with you!"

So ... yes, lol, we know how the talking heads tend to 'say things'... :angel:

SewingDeb said:

Yep, even better option, SewingDeb ...

And ... sorry to add this: indeed, many of us are pointing fingers the size of Eiffel Tower at Jason. However, we have to concede that it's almost history repeating itself. As news unfolds and as the various players come into focus, we have a very similar background-grid as Scott P's was. Only difference ISP found the New Year's vigil more of a social gathering (ugh!) and we saw how he made facial movements that mimicked tears with Gloria Gomez and co...

But we don't only have to refer to SP's crystal-clear case: we may pull 'the grief stricken' parent-spouse-perps from a deck of cards - pluck some at random - and get the same staged-tears, such as: remember the young mom Susan (...er??? sorry family names evades me) drowned her 2 darling little babies in her car - all to secure a prospective lover's committment? She was all-emotional at the funeral and in public? Mark Hacking did the same... :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil