Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyz_Mum said:
edited:

I only know that as a parent myself, I would suggest a lawyer at some point BUT I would also encourage my child to sit in jail if necessary because I believe that the truth will prevail. I know this isn't the case in some situations BUT I do have enough faith to believe it true most of the time.

I guess I haven't heard enough in this case to believe it could have been an intruder and once again, I am sorry, but my radar totally points to Jason. I hope I am wrong.

What a kind thing you said, Boyz_Mum: thank you! Believe me, I sure had my moments during the SP trial! Across all forums, I find W/S to have 'the pick of the crop' in terms of good, genuine, caring posters.

It has to be hard enough to know your child is responsible for a heinous crime - but when relatives 'go overboard' it starts getting ugly; triggers a mass-response by citizens who've 'had enough' of crime, lame excuses and denials. I thank God I'm not in those shoes. If a relative of mine was ever brought to book, I know could not deny the truth/facts (as horrible as it may be).

As fran said earlier: LE really have those cards close to their vest... I almost feel guilty for wanting to know who did this, but like so many, I still feel Jason is involved!!

otto said:
edited:

It seems that the majority here think there is a strong possibility that the husband is guilty, me included, and since Jason is probably a bright guy, he could see the writing on the wall from the outset. Keep in mind that he had a 5 hour drive with his parents to think it all through. Maybe the game plan was that his mom would pick up her granddaughter and he would take care of business.

That's right, he did too, otto; didn't think of that. (And he had 5 hours on the way over there...). Marriage in trouble; rumours of gambling debts, the 'fax', Meredith saying he'd never called her to go to their house before, his departure time & the apparent time of death ... and police asking if anyone saw a vehicle outside the Young's house between 1 and 5 am = doesn't sound good.

I wonder why they gave 5 am? Maybe he arrived at his parents much later than we are led to believe? I'd like to know about LE's claim that 'testimony doesn't match'....

hmmmm....

PolkSaladAnnie said:
That's right, he did too, otto; didn't think of that. (And he had 5 hours on the way over there...). Marriage in trouble; rumours of gambling debts, the 'fax', Meredith saying he'd never called her to go to their house before, his departure time & the apparent time of death ... and police asking if anyone saw a vehicle outside the Young's house between 1 and 5 am = doesn't sound good.

I wonder why they gave 5 am? Maybe he arrived at his parents much later than we are led to believe? I'd like to know about LE's claim that 'testimony doesn't match'....

hmmmm....

Wow, where did you hear that "testimony doesn't match". That is big.

I thought I read that he had some business to do and was going to visit his mom and her husband who were in the same area. I guess that means he was staying at his mom's but maybe he arrived at some hotel at 3 in the morning, completed the business in the morning and then arrived at his mom's on Friday afternoon to learn the news. I'm wondering why the police didn't just phone him on his cell phone ... why did they phone his parent's house. His wife is pregnant and he travels for his job so of course he would have a cell phone, yet we hear that it was his step father that gave him the news.

5 am probably works with the rigor, which sets in after 2 hours.

I saw the testimony doesn't match part on the ctv boards, not sure if that's where PSA saw it but no particulars given on that info. Dr. Baden said 10 hours minimum from when she was found at 1:30 pm. He was taking the manner of death in which she was killed into consideration.

I myself am not putting complete faith in it not being random as LE has assured the public because there are just too many cases to mention where they have said that and were wrong. For that to be true they must have solid evidence of who the attacker was and an arrest would be forthcoming soon.

SewingDeb said:
Right. No toll roads in NC.
There is a toll road near the Outer Banks of NC but I'll have to check and see if the toll is actually on the NC or VA side. ;)

philamena said:
There is a toll road near the Outer Banks of NC but I'll have to check and see if the toll is actually on the NC or VA side. ;)

Probably VA since they have a lot of toll roads. NC may be starting to have some toll roads.

Hi otto & strach304: in one of the early press reports - LE commented with what came across as concern: the "mixed testimony" - not "testimony doesn't match*". My apologies & the latter * is my wording. Although both statements may allude to the same thing, the actual wording that caught my eye was "mixed testimony"....

In my mind if testimony is mixed, it either contradicts itself or clashes with actual fact. However, reading your post, otto, I've also been educated into a new angle: mixed testimony may also mean 'a variety of theories', as in a mix of opinion. Thanks for bringing this up again - I better clean up my slate.

(And I've been trying to hunt for it - as one of my earlier comments appears on page 8 of this thread - it's in this forum somewhere as I've only read a couple of blogs, Internet news and taken the links Sabal, wufdude, et al, provided.)

Prepare the eggs: if I return empty-handed, I'll not only be disappointed, I'll also be in my swimsuit :croc:

strach304 said:
Sure does make a lot of sense from a normal perspective which is why I think there was trouble in the marriage even if it hasn't been confirmed in the media yet. Sounds more like something you would do if you knew the suspicion would fall on you before LE or anyone else pointed the finger. I don't think someone capable of this kind of crime would care about the baby at all but wanted her body found before they got back. No conscience whatsoever.
I like the opening sentence here because *I think you may have thought my perspective normal*... now that doesn't happen much! LOL. Hiring the lawyer that quickly may be because Jason knew suspicion would fall on him or I guess he could know that the husband is usually the first person checked out in a situation like this. On one hand it's suspicious and on the other I guess it doesn't seem suspicious. As far as the baby, I do think a father would want the baby found "unharmed". She is at an age where she couldn't identify someone and isn't able to tell time, so if daddy did come back home and commit this crime, she is really not a threat. I think that is another part of this crime that leaves me puzzled. I would think a stranger or "hit man" would have possibly killed the baby too. A person who didn't know the child would never take a chance with being identified. I've read that nothing of value had been taken, which would seem to me erase the robbery motive- it wasn't a druggie looking for quick cash it seems, if it was a stranger, or someone collecting on alleged debt I wouldn't guess that anyone in the house would be left alive and would also think that many items would be missing. I am kind of closed minded I guess? With the "stories" out here so far, I am very suspicious of Jason. That opinion could change as facts are released.

You guys are all great to "debate" with- encountered some ugly stuff on other forums during the SP case and have been somewhat weary of jumping in to some of these discussions. So happy to have found WS- it is a nice place to be and debate without all the arguments!

Boyz_Mum said:
Snip.

You guys are all great to "debate" with- encountered some ugly stuff on other forums during the SP case and have been somewhat weary of jumping in to some of these discussions. So happy to have found WS- it is a nice place to be and debate without all the arguments!

We're glad to have you. You make a lot of good points.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi otto & strach304: in one of the early press reports - LE commented with what came across as concern: the "mixed testimony" - not "testimony doesn't match*". My apologies & the latter * is my wording. Although both statements may allude to the same thing, the actual wording that caught my eye was "mixed testimony"....

In my mind if testimony is mixed, it either contradicts itself or clashes with actual fact. However, reading your post, otto, I've also been educated into a new angle: mixed testimony may also mean 'a variety of theories', as in a mix of opinion. Thanks for bringing this up again - I better clean up my slate.

(And I've been trying to hunt for it - as one of my earlier comments appears on page 8 of this thread - it's in this forum somewhere as I've only read a couple of blogs, Internet news and taken the links Sabal, wufdude, et al, provided.)

Prepare the eggs: if I return empty-handed, I'll not only be disappointed, I'll also be in my swimsuit :croc:

It would not surprise me if mixed or conflicting facts started to emerge. I think we're assuming that Jason was staying with his parents on Thursday night, but if he really did have a meeting and a parent visit was something convenient, he may have stayed in a hotel Thursday.

Suppose he hung around the home until after the friend left, had something to do with his wife's murder, cleaned up and then drove the 5 hours. There are a lot of reasons to stop during a 5 hour trip and checking into a hotel can take an extra 30 minutes depending on parking and other details. This could allow him to add maybe another 1 to 1.5 hours to his travels.

I still don't understand why his parents were notified before he was. This could also be related to conflicting facts. Did he have a cell phone? Was it charged? Was his meeting recorded with his company and did they try to reach him through work? How important or productive was his Friday morning meeting? If he had just murdered his wife and then was perfectly normal while sleep deprived during a meeting, that would suggest he was innocent. If guilty, he should have had difficulties concentrating unless he did it and could completely distance himself from it.

Don't spend too much time searching. I too have been reading many different sources and sometimes rumours can accidentally turn into facts.

Something I was wondering about last night is their daughter. I closed my children's bedroom doors at night when they were small. I don't remember how old children have to be to open their own doors, but was their daughter old enough to open her own bedroom door or would it have had to be left open for her so she wasn't trapped in her bedroom all day? Anyone with a 2 year old know when children can get out of their bedrooms?

otto said:
(snipped)Something I was wondering about last night is their daughter. I closed my children's bedroom doors at night when they were small. I don't remember how old children have to be to open their own doors, but was their daughter old enough to open her own bedroom door or would it have had to be left open for her so she wasn't trapped in her bedroom all day? Anyone with a 2 year old know when children can get out of their bedrooms?
All of my children were climbing out of their cribs around 1 1/2 yrs, and two could open doors even with those child-door safety things on them, and even turn keys by the age of 2. We had to take so many precautions.

I really hope this little girl will never remember what she went through that morning. She really sounded intelligent and quite verbal in the background of the 911 recording.

My niece was out of her crib by 2 and 1/2 b/c she would climb it and fall out. Once she was in her regular bed she would get out of bed and open her parents door and get in bed with them. So the baby could have opened the door.

Boyz_Mum said:
As far as the baby, I do think a father would want the baby found "unharmed". She is at an age where she couldn't identify someone and isn't able to tell time, so if daddy did come back home and commit this crime, she is really not a threat. --------- With the "stories" out here so far, I am very suspicious of Jason. That opinion could change as facts are released.

Hi again, Boyz_Mum. I second SewingDeb's thoughts re your above!

You have a valid point about the baby being left unharmed as she probably couldn't identify the perp (if it was her father). Then again, Christa Worthington's 2 yr-old baby was left unharmed, too and it looks like that crime was the garbage man... So: your theory works on both sides of the coin. I wonder if baby Cassidy was asleep during the crime (Lord, I hope so ...).

-----------------

Now: I know I read a published news report (as opposed to a crime blog or another poster's thoughts) where LE commented about 'mixed testimony' as I used quotation marks referencing that comment. That comment was *not* in direct relation to Jason, it simply indicated there seemed to be just that: 'mixed testimony'. Did anyone else read this? If not, I better drop the subject and wait and see what evolves!

-----------------

On the subject on blogs - in casing the cyber news joints (lol) - I see Misfits has opened a blog on this story. Sooo-ooo ----> maybe Psyche's Knot will come back to glorious life? Anyone in touch with PK? She was wonderful during SP's case.

Sorry to ramble, all ... :)

otto said:
It would not surprise me if mixed or conflicting facts started to emerge. I think we're assuming that Jason was staying with his parents on Thursday night, but if he really did have a meeting and a parent visit was something convenient, he may have stayed in a hotel Thursday.

Suppose he hung around the home until after the friend left, had something to do with his wife's murder, cleaned up and then drove the 5 hours. There are a lot of reasons to stop during a 5 hour trip and checking into a hotel can take an extra 30 minutes depending on parking and other details. This could allow him to add maybe another 1 to 1.5 hours to his travels.

I still don't understand why his parents were notified before he was. This could also be related to conflicting facts. Did he have a cell phone? Was it charged? Was his meeting recorded with his company and did they try to reach him through work? How important or productive was his Friday morning meeting? If he had just murdered his wife and then was perfectly normal while sleep deprived during a meeting, that would suggest he was innocent. If guilty, he should have had difficulties concentrating unless he did it and could completely distance himself from it.

Don't spend too much time searching. I too have been reading many different sources and sometimes rumours can accidentally turn into facts.

Something I was wondering about last night is their daughter. I closed my children's bedroom doors at night when they were small. I don't remember how old children have to be to open their own doors, but was their daughter old enough to open her own bedroom door or would it have had to be left open for her so she wasn't trapped in her bedroom all day? Anyone with a 2 year old know when children can get out of their bedrooms?

Hi otto - great meat in the central part of your post and thanks for the comments re my 'testimony-search' - yep, so much has been posted and something will come up via LE one way or another. It's not critical.

Back to the part of your post I highlighted. Yes, seems he did have a cellphone but whether of not it was charged remains under question. That comes from 2 blogs I discovered in my 'search' (one of which was Loretta's wherein she wrote purse, handbag, cell-phones, etc were siezed by LE).

He was travelling with his mom, step-dad, sister/bro-in-law - and from what I read, all their luggage was taken. Obviously, all their cellphones would have their call-register checked. Seems Jason was 'miffed' about that - I mean HELLO???? His wife was just taken from him and we hear nothing: however, take his luggage - and :hand: he's not happy.

Does that sound wierd to you ... or am I really pushing my suspicions a bit far

I haven't heard much "real" facts in the story and I am not sure which are true but it does seem like we know for sure about a fax and the SIL being called to pick it up, we know the SIL found her sister and the baby. I am not sure how much of the "rest of the strory" is speculation or not. I tend to be suspicious about way too many things...LOL!

Right now I am thinking that Jason may have left the house, returned under the guise of forgetting something (or even just wanting to kiss his wife goodbye again). In my own children's lives, they were in "big kid" beds at about 14 mos. because there wasn't a crib built to keep them and their doors were only closed in the bedrooms if there was noise in the adjoining rooms. Once the house was quiet the doors were opened. All my kids were quite verbal by 18 mos, they could say most of the usual things but I am not so sure they could say anything that would implicate anyone- ie: "bad guy hit momma" etc... and on the other side of the coin I know a couple of kids who could talk in sentences by the age of 2. I really hope Cassidy didn't see anything at all... (what she saw was bad enough).

Does anyone know if Jason was at his folks home or in a hotel? A hotel would have a definate time stamp of arrival time if that's the case. Anywhere I have ever checked in has always time stamped the arrival. I am sure LE would check into that if it were the case. The phone call to the parent's house baffles me- I don't know why Jason wouldn't have been called directly- one would think that LE would have asked the parent's "Do you know how we can reach Jason" and would not discuss anything with his parent's first?

I feel guilty being suspicious of Jason in this case- I hated to think that SP was guilty too. Some crimes are just beyond my grasp of reality...

Boyz_Mum said:

I know what you mean! I started over at CTV with the Scott Peterson case. They had a few Great posters there but when they banned the best poster (imo) thing really went downhill. Fortunately someone mentioned WS - I checked it out and have never gone back.

jilly said:
I know what you mean! I started over at CTV with the Scott Peterson case. They had a few Great posters there but when they banned the best poster (imo) thing really went downhill. Fortunately someone mentioned WS - I checked it out and have never gone back.
That's funny, my experience was similar. I love the forum here because I have seen very little bashing- lots of opinions and not a lot of fighting. It's great to "blend in"...

otto said:

I am trying to stay neutral, but the information we have heard so far sure makes hubby seem like the most likely culprit. IF SO, I agree that he probably did not actually leave town after leaving the house, returned to the house to kill his wife, and then bolted out of there to try to get to his hotel in time to fit with a leisurely long-distance drive.

I am wondering about the friend who stayed later with Michelle. I believe this is a male friend, right? What do we know about him? I am just wondering if the friend and Michelle were having an affair and the husband returned home and saw something going on. OR maybe there was no affair but the husband suspected there was and he doubled back to the house to try to catch them. Maybe the murder was due to jealousy whether it was founded on reality or not. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle