Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pack_fan said:
I don't remember hearing anything about a struggle. I had assumed (I know its wrong :doh: ) that since there was blood mentioned being in the bed that she was attacked there. I do remember statements about it being a brutal crime, just assumed (there I go again) that she was beaten so badly that the blood was hers.
Hopefully, you are both right and there will be dna evidence.

As much blood as they say is at the scene, there will be blood in his car if he did it. Don't think you could get it all off. All they need is a speck.

That reminds me of something else I left off my list of things I want to know.

If he was at home when the friends arrived, I would like to find out what he was wearing. Did he check into the hotel in the same clothes and were they in the suitcase when he made it back to raleigh. Could have ditched the clothes in between if he did it.

well, i know i heard it early on, but it may have been a 'talking head' speculating, but tonight Greta said there was so much blood, that Michelle must have put up a fight....not exactly positive how she worded it, but it was said along those lines....

i would think that's one of the things LE asked the friends, IF they actually saw him leave the home....i tend to think they did, but it's like a lot of media reports from the onset with these cases...they aren't correct or they leave a bit of info out, or it's worded wrong....heck, maybe he left shortly before the friends got there & that's how it's gotten confusing....the word "before" being left out along the way....i don't know, but it's driving me nuts....i've got to get to bed....

pack_fan said:
I don't remember hearing anything about a struggle. I had assumed (I know its wrong :doh: ) that since there was blood mentioned being in the bed that she was attacked there. I do remember statements about it being a brutal crime, just assumed (there I go again) that she was beaten so badly that the blood was hers.

Hopefully, you are both right and there will be dna evidence.

As much blood as they say is at the scene, there will be blood in his car if he did it. Don't think you could get it all off. All they need is a speck.

That reminds me of something else I left off my list of things I want to know.

If he was at home when the friends arrived, I would like to find out what he was wearing. Did he check into the hotel in the same clothes and were they in the suitcase when he made it back to raleigh. Could have ditched the clothes in between if he did it.

Ahh, this was an issue during the Laci case and a certain amount of blood is allowable in the vehicle if she was ever known to be in it. I'm sure she was but their thinking cut finger, etc. Scott laundered his clothes and drains were checked, all that stuff. With the Scott Dyleski case he showered in their home but you see there's no reason for his dna to be in that shower like it would be with Jason and Michele. If he cleaned up there wouldn't be vast amounts of her blood in the car.

strach304 said:
Pack Fan, I haven't seen it reported that he stayed in a hotel for sure but I could've missed it. Yes the electronic key pass from a hotel always registers the date and time you enter which is why I brought up that maybe he didn't stay in one. At the same time though the media also made it sound like the visit with family somehow coincided with his business trip. I realize how inaccurate any of this info can be and even if LE has verified Jason's exact whereabouts and he was far away if he had a motive they will persue even a hired-hit theory. If actually in Virginia from the map I posted I see no part that would be closer to Brevard than Raleigh, are you looking at where Tennesee touches and thought that was Virginia? I didn't map it out or anything because the exact location hasn't been given so I'm just going by eye at the illustration.
I'm going to do some looking around for info, be back soon......

strach304 said:
Here's a link for a map (hope it works) http://www.mapquest.com/atlas/?region=ncarlina

No part of Virginia being the meeting location and justification for visiting parents makes sense to me. Long drop from the western end imo especially when you take the trip back into consideration. I'm not sure that person who stated Va. is accurate but if so kinda strange I think.

Lets go back to the beginning reports that said he was traveling on business and visting family while out of town. Didn't we originally assume from reports that he stayed at the parents house? It was said he would've arrived while they were sleeping and I know one of the media talking heads commented about this case on family alibi being unreliable.

Maybe he didn't stay at a hotel after all and the 11 pm phone call was made from the direction of his trip say two hours into it knowing the cell phone towers will ping it. He then goes back home which fits in with TOD. Parents can't verify within a two hour timespan of his arrival possibly. LE is gonna have to place him somewhere so if his alibi is possibly fishy why aren't they showing pics of him and the vehicle like they did SP?

something else to think about though....do we know what time Jason showed up at his parents house on Friday....we know that Michelle was found at 1:30 pm, so i think it's safe to assume that someone contacted Jason's parents shortly after that...at least within an hour, don't you think?....Jason was notified by his own parents when he got to their house, because we've been told that his step-father gave him the news when he arrived....depending what time this 'meeting' was, he could have been on the road heading to Brevard for 6, 7, 8 hours...depending on where he was coming from ....

gosh, so many questions & so little info ...well, from 'officials' anyway :doh:

We know what time Michele was found and at some point after that someone made contact with Jason's family who told him when he got there so no we don't know. Entire time frame for two days is very vague. :(

Hi Strach, Boy, it is good to see you! :blowkiss:

Hi Pack, I've gotta tell you that this Sheriff said so much with very few words comin' out of his mouth. It was almost like it was his inner gut feelings that were so strong he could not completely hold them in. and they shone through in his voice and expressions.

I hope the husband isn't involved at all. Does it play like an outsider to you? All that blood could be from her fighting back.

Last night I saw a Miami CSI where they thought this 84 year old lady had been brutally killed there was so much blood everywhere through her apt. So what the tech team did a study in her house putting strings up to show the angles and track the crime as it proceeded through the house by the blood left behind.

Originally she had fallen and hit her head on a table, bled onto the floor, and kept falling, getting up, down and up all the way into her bedroom where she perished. TTracking her falls and bloody hand swipes from fingers along the wass, all the way to the end of the hall, they could tell from the final room where they found her that the blood spatter was completely uninterrupted. There wasn't room for another person it that room to have the blood spatter be not interrupted. There were no areas of blockout. She died of natural causes. Who would have guessed that one! LOL

Scandi

Close_Enough, I thought I read they got there like at 3am or early in the morning. I'll go back and try to see where I read that, but I did read when they got to the house. Hope I didn't hear it on Greta. No link then!!! lol

Scandi

close_enough said:
something else to think about though....do we know what time Jason showed up at his parents house on Friday....we know that Michelle was found at 1:30 pm, so i think it's safe to assume that someone contacted Jason's parents shortly after that...at least within an hour, don't you think?....Jason was notified by his own parents when he got to their house, because we've been told that his step-father gave him the news when he arrived....depending what time this 'meeting' was, he could have been on the road heading to Brevard for 6, 7, 8 hours...depending on where he was coming from ....

gosh, so many questions & so little info ...well, from 'officials' anyway :doh:
I agree close. We don't know what time they got the call and he was not at the house when they did get it. They met him in the driveway according to media reports. Also didn't say how long it took him to arrive after the call came. Could have been much later, who knows?

Stratch, checked out the mapquest. It is roughly (within 10 miles) the same distance from roanoke, va to brevard as it is from raleigh to brevard. Anything west of Roanoke would be closer. Regardless, I don't give it too much thought, maybe he just wanted to visit his parents. Who knows. I am still leaning towards staying in a hotel. Went back and looked over local news reports and none of them state that he stayed with his parents. They all stated that he was out of town on business and was told about the murder when he arrived at his mom's house. I hope I am right about the hotel, that way there will be verifiable time frame with check in and so forth.

raisincharlie said:
PSA,

I think it is worth discussing all of your items. Please understand that some of my responses may seem to defend JY - but that is not really my intent - I'm trying to be a Spock about it.

1. Jason leaving (as reported) 10:30pm for an estimated 5-hr drive. Witnessed by many, with his suitcases.
2. He then books a motel to break the journey.
3. He checks in and calls home at 11 pm
4. That bugs me. 30 minutes out of town and he's stopping over?

First - I'm not sure I recall it being reported that JY left at 1030 - I do recall it being reported that the friends had left at 1030. However, assuming he left at 10:30 - nothing you have listed thereafter makes any sense and I would agree with you - something is major hinky with that. OTOH - say JY left earlier - 7 or 8 - the above makes some sense if his business meeting was located a 5 hour drive away. Essentially cutting the drive time considerably and allowing for a reasonable rest before the meeting.

5. He arrives at his parents earliest 2 pm (as it was 1:30 when Meredith called 911)
6. He'd called Meredith to collect a fax as JY didn't want MY to see it.
7. It was a 'surprise gift'.

Honestly - I think him calling Meredith to go get the fax isn't all that bad in perspective. What bothers me the most about it is why the fax would have been sent in the first place ? If he knew it was coming - that indicates to me he had been in contact with the company sending the fax - why didn't he just say I'll be out of town til Monday - its a surprise - please don't send before Monday. In my mind this is what tells me the so called fax or whatever about the surprise gift was part of some plan. He knew that fax was coming which means to me he had contact with the company - he knew his wife would access it before he returned home - why not have it delayed until he could retrieve it himself ? This is what sets my hinky meter off and pretty much IMO opinion negates any claim that his call to Meridith to retrieve this fax was anything more than a way for someone else to enter that home.

8. We don't know exactly when he had his business meeting; if at all.
9. Family (Internet posts, rather) are saying business in VA and 'swung' by his parents en route there - or home (still to be clarified).

We don't know anything about the business meeting - but one thing I can say is that the posters claiming he went to VA and then swung by his folks - they must be idiots IMO. Wufdude has clearly stated that Brevard is in the southern portion of N.C. - last time I looked at a map - Virginia is north of N.C. These claims seem to me to be ignorant beyond belief and I did not just fall off the turnip wagon. In fact if family and friends are generating these rumors in an effort to make him look innocent - they are doing a fine job of making things look more onerous if one thinks about it.

10. His step-dad knew of the death before JY - who fell to the ground.
11. JY's fam travel back with him: all luggage/car impounded.
12. First thing - JY gets top lawyer; comms to LE stop forthwith.
13. Court requires JY to submit DNA samples (etc)
14. Funeral: JY distances himself from LE, MY's family; gives no obit at funeral

No real thoughts on the above.

15. Vanishes. It's believed Cassidy with him.

One thing about this - I think the little girl is probably safe because if anything - anything at all happens to her now - JY can absolutely pack his bags for the big house. I also suspect - surveillance is an active art of this investigation.

16. Rumours abound; nothing is confirmed - hearsay on both sides.
17. MY's family strip all pics of JY off MY's website.

Rumors well, take them for what they are worth - not much. I don't know for sure that the pictures of JY were removed from the website by MY's family. I'm not sure the website is even working or the circumstances of its initial invention. It may have been strictly a temporary site and this could just mean time is up or it could have been closed by the owner, whoever that might be. So I think it might be best to not read much into that unless the site comes back up and indeed all the pictures have been altered - then we can read something into that.

18. LE states JY not a suspect - they do not have a suspect.

I believe that LE has a suspect or suspects - they can't say that until they can feel they can prove it. LE is now expected to do an incredibly difficult job under the realm of political correctness - which is bull caca IMO but that is how our world has changed. I'm patient - I believe they will name their suspect and subsequently arrest the suspect. The claim they made that it was not random clearly indicates to me they have someone or someone(s) in mind. I do not find it unusual that they have not interviewed JY - he has a lawyer - no lawyer is going to allow that if it can be avoided. I also suspect that the court order issued for samples allowed LE to take a look at his body, at least the articles indicate that is permissable under the order - I bet they took a good look while they had that chance.

I don't want to wait for answers but I would much rather wait and have the LE complete investigations and tie up the loose ends before they react. I think there are two statements from LE that have a large bearing on how this is going - it was not random and there was no forced entry. We shall see and I suspect it will be sooner rather than later, where this goes.

good thoughts raisin...interesting & they do make sense.....

but i'm not ready to rule out the 'business meeting' being in VA yet...

scandi said:
Close_Enough, I thought I read they got there like at 3am or early in the morning. I'll go back and try to see where I read that, but I did read when they got to the house. Hope I didn't hear it on Greta. No link then!!! lol

Scandi

who Scandi???...i'm confused :blushing:

I don't think anyone here has stated LE has a suspect or that Jason is a suspect. Anything we have said, or I have said :innocent: is simply from reading between the lines and being a great reader of body language. Could be all wrong. Of course we'll have to wait and see what other facts we get.

And the only thing I can see from what I've read is he got to his parents house at 2pm in the afternoon and they had heard first about her death. He had called her sister before that, who had discovered she was dead, right, so maybe when he got to his folks house the news about her death was given to him and they left at that time to go back to the house where she was, driving together in the SUV.

Guess my early am thoughts were all wrong. Well, sometimes it takes a bit to get everything down pat as to when and where things happened, right? Yeppers, we have been there many times before in cases. Like at the beginning of every case! LOL

Scandi

pack_fan said:
I agree close. We don't know what time they got the call and he was not at the house when they did get it. They met him in the driveway according to media reports. Also didn't say how long it took him to arrive after the call came. Could have been much later, who knows?
Stratch, checked out the mapquest. It is roughly (within 10 miles) the same distance from roanoke, va to brevard as it is from raleigh to brevard. Anything west of Roanoke would be closer. Regardless, I don't give it too much thought, maybe he just wanted to visit his parents. Who knows. I am still leaning towards staying in a hotel. Went back and looked over local news reports and none of them state that he stayed with his parents. They all stated that he was out of town on business and was told about the murder when he arrived at his mom's house. I hope I am right about the hotel, that way there will be verifiable time frame with check in and so forth.

exactly, Pack!

& ya know....if he killed Michelle, & if he planned it (which i think it was planned) a hotel would be more on the right line of things, imo...have some kind of receipt showing when he checked in ... doesn't necessarily have to prove when he checked out, if he paid upfront for 1 night's stay....he could have been driving for lots & lots of miles over several hours....

oh my....my head is spinning & my eyes are getting heavy....must get sleep (zombie face inserted here)

nite all:)

scandi said:
Hi Strach, Boy, it is good to see you! :blowkiss:

Hi Pack, I've gotta tell you that this Sheriff said so much with very few words comin' out of his mouth. It was almost like it was his inner gut feelings that were so strong he could not completely hold them in. and they shone through in his voice and expressions.

I hope the husband isn't involved at all. Does it play like an outsider to you? All that blood could be from her fighting back.

Last night I saw a Miami CSI where they thought this 84 year old lady had been brutally killed there was so much blood everywhere through her apt. So what the tech team did a study in her house putting strings up to show the angles and track the crime as it proceeded through the house by the blood left behind.

Originally she had fallen and hit her head on a table, bled onto the floor, and kept falling, getting up, down and up all the way into her bedroom where she perished. TTracking her falls and bloody hand swipes from fingers along the wass, all the way to the end of the hall, they could tell from the final room where they found her that the blood spatter was completely uninterrupted. There wasn't room for another person it that room to have the blood spatter be not interrupted. There were no areas of blockout. She died of natural causes. Who would have guessed that one! LOL

Scandi
The sheriff could have just had the hots for greta. Sorry, this is an inside joke, he admitted to having an affair with another man's wife and it came out a couple of days before election last week. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=4720794

Anyway, I think you are exactly right. He wanted to say a lot more than he did for sure. And it came across loud and clear. Either the sheriff thinks he is guilty or he is one heck of an actor.

I am trying to avoid forming an opinion as of yet. There are far to many questions to be answered. LE has been so secretive about the whole thing, there is a lot of speculation but hardly any facts. I suppose they learned a valuable lesson of how not to conduct an investigation being so close to Durham and all.

I want to believe that he could not have done this. Michelle and Jason were both casual acquantances (I know this is spelled wrong). They were very good friends with people I know well. Soooooo..... I am taking the approach of innocent until proven guilty. I won't jump on the band wagon of, he absolutely without a doubt did not do it. What I will say is this, I hope justice is served and the killer gets exactly what he/she (to be politically correct) deserves. And in nc, that's without a doubt, the chair.

scandi said:
I don't think anyone here has stated LE has a suspect or that Jason is a suspect. Anything we have said, or I have said :innocent: is simply from reading between the lines and being a great reader of body language. Could be all wrong. Of course we'll have to wait and see what other facts we get.

And the only thing I can see from what I've read is he got to his parents house at 2pm in the afternoon and they had heard first about her death. He had called her sister before that, who had discovered she was dead, right, so maybe when he got to his folks house the news about her death was given to him and they left at that time to go back to the house where she was, driving together in the SUV.

Guess my early am thoughts were all wrong. Well, sometimes it takes a bit to get everything down pat as to when and where things happened, right? Yeppers, we have been there many times before in cases. Like at the beginning of every case! LOL

Scandi

lol...i hear ya Scandi....lots of speculation, but of course that's about all we can do now, i guess....this case has really got a hold on me though....

now i haven't read anything about JY getting to his parents house at 2 pm on Friday, but i could have overlooked it????...i think that's listed on one of Polk's lists....as 2 pm being the earliest, since Michelle's body was found at 1:30....maybe i have this confused???...lol, it's possible....

nite :blowkiss:

pack_fan said:
The sheriff could have just had the hots for greta. Sorry, this is an inside joke, he admitted to having an affair with another man's wife and it came out a couple of days before election last week. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=4720794

Anyway, I think you are exactly right. He wanted to say a lot more than he did for sure. And it came across loud and clear. Either the sheriff thinks he is guilty or he is one heck of an actor.

I am trying to avoid forming an opinion as of yet. There are far to many questions to be answered. LE has been so secretive about the whole thing, there is a lot of speculation but hardly any facts. I suppose they learned a valuable lesson of how not to conduct an investigation being so close to Durham and all.

I want to believe that he could not have done this. Michelle and Jason were both casual acquantances (I know this is spelled wrong). They were very good friends with people I know well. Soooooo..... I am taking the approach of innocent until proven guilty. I won't jump on the band wagon of, he absolutely without a doubt did not do it. What I will say is this, I hope justice is served and the killer gets exactly what he/she (to be politically correct) deserves. And in nc, that's without a doubt, the chair.

LOL @hots for Greta...it's so cool to have an 'insider', so to speak, here :p

i surely hope justice is served also, Pack....for Michelle, her family & friends...

see yall tomorrow...(or today)

Thank God for Greta and the questions she asks! She did a good job w/the Sheriff. He said a lot without saying it, IMO.

One thing that was stated above somewhere was that the sheriff said an atty down the road from the Young hom agreed that it wasn't a random killing. Actually, Jim Hammer (not the sheriff) said he had interviewed a DEFENSE attorney down the road that was trying to convince the rest of the neighborhood to settle down, and that he could read between the lines "from experience" who did it. :cool: I wish I had a transcript, but that's what I gleaned from that little tidbit Hammer threw out. I would think a defense attorney would be all "the husband is innocent till proven guilty!" lol

Someone also said something about Jason having a "regular job". I've been wondering about his job history especially as he's only been at this job for the last 3 months. I personally have a feeling it's a rocky job history for some reason. I think Michelle was the stable job holder and he moved around. I have no facts to go from, just gut. Please someone, prove me wrong!

Also, the comment that "she put up a fight" was commentary between Greta and Hammer, not from the Sheriff. I'd sure like to be the Sheriff's mistress right now! You know, pillow talk and all. (Ok, not really.)

So what was the big deal with the Sheriff not being able to answer Greta when she asked him if there was a fax machine in the house? He said he didn't know! What? Two weeks into the investigation and you don't know? He said his crime scene people would know, but I think there had to be some reason he couldn't say YES or NO about there being a fax machine in the home. Unless it was a fax/printer/scanner and he was just being tricky. That was an odd moment for me.

Seeing as Jason Young has only spoken with LE very briefly when this first happened says everything to me.:chicken: :loser: :sick:

Thanks for reading!

otto said:
I recall that the police told friends of Scott Peterson that he had recently taken out a huge insurance policy on Laci ... just prior to her murder. The police were saying things that were untrue because they hoped that one of the friends would start saying negative things. It seems to be a normal police investigative tactic.

FWIW:
MPD never said the insurance policy on Laci was 'new.' It was the media that said it was a 'new' policy. MPD just never corrected this information.

What was interesting to MPD was that there WAS a life insurance policy, sizeable one too, which could be a 'motive for murder.'

When the media questioned Laci's family about the policy, they were not aware of it and Ron said the couple had 'discussed' a life insurance policy earlier that summer, which IMO, added to the media speculation that it was a 'new' policy.

The defense used this information as part of their defense in that was MPD spreading 'lies,' when in fact, IMO, I don't believe that bit of info came from them at all. Just that there WAS a $250,000 life insurance policy.

JMHO
fran

akgal said:
Wow, I'd never heard that about the garage. It certainly creates more questions. Was it always that way or was it broken that night?

IMO, the 'broken garage door' information is from the 'acquaintance' of Jason, posting around the internet. So I would take this information with a grain of salt.

You see, there is a picture, online somewhere here, while LE were in the house, of the garage door being partially open. So, take it from there.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members