Midwest States - IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, SD, ND, NE, WI, OH - Weather Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have six inches in Ann arbor area.heavier stuff starts at noon!!!

I had to go to Walmarts to get milk and a few things, apparently alot of other people decided to go too. No parking places, hard to find a cart, long lines Gas stations were packed. And of all times I lost my gloves 2 days ago, longest I ever had a pair without losing them .GRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRR 3 more months of this torture. Be safe everyone.

One reason I always buy 2 pairs of gloves exactly alike...I always end up losing at least one glove if not two! Somehow one glove manages to leap out of my pocket and flee when my back is turned.

Not sure how many inches of snow we've gotten as it keeps drifting and is still snowing.

We will have to shovel a little 'poopie patch' for the dogs as they look at us with the look that seems to say...'you REALLY expect me to stick my behind in this cold frozen stuff and poop?'

One reason I always buy 2 pairs of gloves exactly alike...I always end up losing at least one glove if not two! Somehow one glove manages to leap out of my pocket and flee when my back is turned.

Not sure how many inches of snow we've gotten as it keeps drifting and is still snowing.

We will have to shovel a little 'poopie patch' for the dogs as they look at us with the look that seems to say...'you REALLY expect me to stick my behind in this cold frozen stuff and poop?'

I bought those gloves after Christmas sale 2 yrs. ago from Kohls ( gift card).

I can't tell how much new snow we got. I was reading a local news site about the weather and they said we could see Thundersnow, I would only be able to HEAR Thundersnow. Also said we could see snowlightening, never heard of it.

Poopie patch:floorlaugh: Bed, Bath and Beyond sells doggy boots.
We had a dog, Sheba ( 12/lab 1/2 ?, RIP), she loved the snow, we had a blizzard in 99. She loved it. I took pics of her playing in a blizzard. Keep warm down there.

Most recent forecast for my area:

Oakland County

Wind Chill Warning

Winter Storm Warning Now In Effect Until 4 A.M. EST Monday
...Wind Chill Warning Remains In Effect From 7 A.M. Monday To 1 A.M. EST Wednesday... The Winter Storm Warning Is Now In Effect Until 4 A.M. EST Monday. Hazardous Weather...

Snow Will Be Heavy At Times This Afternoon And Tonight. Snowfall Rates Up To Two Inches Per Hour Are Expected. Additional Snowfall This Afternoon Through Tonight Will Amount To 6 To 10 Inches.

36 Hour Total Snowfall Accumulations From Saturday Evening Through Early Monday Morning Will Range From 8 To 14 Inches.

Northwest Winds Will Increase To 15 To 20 Mph Late Tonight. This Will Lead To Some Blowing And Drifting Of The Snow.

Wind Chills Will Drop To Between 20 And 30 Below Zero During The Day Monday As Temperatures Fall Below Zero. Impacts...

Snow-Covered Roads Will Result In Treacherous Road Conditions.

Visibility Will Fall To One Half Of A Mile At Times.

Blowing And Drifting Snow...Particularly Affecting West-East Oriented Roads.

Exposure To Such Bitterly Cold Conditions Will Cause Frost Bite In A Short Period Of Time. Precautionary/Preparedness Actions...

A Winter Storm Warning Means Significant Amounts Of Snow Are Expected Or Occurring. This Will Make Travel Very Hazardous.

A Wind Chill Warning Means The Combination Of Very Cold Air And Strong Winds Will Create Dangerously Low Wind Chill Values. This Will Result In Frost Bite And Lead To Hypothermia Or Death If Precautions Are Not Taken.

Prepare...Plan...And Stay Informed. Visit Http://Go.Usa.Gov/Rr8

:snowflake: Stay safe and warm. :snowflake:

Whew! I slept in way to late! This dry heat from the furnace is getting to me. I need a good humidifier.

It looks so beautiful outside. Every tree branch is coated in snow.

I went grocery shopping late last night. The shelves were kind of bare but not to bad. I had to go because I was almost out of everything.

We are getting 2-3" per hour right now, but the temps are still in the 30's and the wind hasn't started yet.

It's a good time to make a snowman or snow angels before the cold air sets in. My neighbors would get a kick out of this old lady playing in the snow by herself.

Here is the forecast for my area:

1486793_10201939353984257_1731992847_n.jpg

Pouring down rain here but soon to change over to snow and the temps drop below freezing. Currently 36F.

Whew! I slept in way to late! This dry heat from the furnace is getting to me. I need a good humidifier.

It looks so beautiful outside. Every tree branch is coated in snow.

I went grocery shopping late last night. The shelves were kind of bare but not to bad. I had to go because I was almost out of everything.

We are getting 2-3" per hour right now, but the temps are still in the 30's and the wind hasn't started yet.

It's a good time to make a snowman or snow angels before the cold air sets in. My neighbors would get a kick out of this old lady playing in the snow by herself.

Here is the forecast for my area:

1486793_10201939353984257_1731992847_n.jpg

Love the map.:floorlaugh: I wish my landlady would go play in the snow, her paranoia over the pipes freezing in my basement apartment bathroom are going to the extreme.:banghead: It's starting to snow heavier, luckily she has a company that plows her property.

I do believe it's going to freeze over in
vxojmw.jpg
Michigan

:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: It's been snowing hard most of the day with no end in sight (up to 16" possible where I live). DH went out to blow the snow from the driveway and shoveled porch/steps about two hours ago, and everything is completely covered again. Neighbors who have snow-removal services have had one clearing so far, and the contractors will probably be back a couple more times to clear the massive amounts of snow.

There are already many schools/districts/colleges announcing that they're closed tomorrow, and I think that the list will grow by morning. I'm certainly glad that I don't have to go out in the storm, but the view out the windows is magnificent! :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

I bought those gloves after Christmas sale 2 yrs. ago from Kohls ( gift card).

I can't tell how much new snow we got. I was reading a local news site about the weather and they said we could see Thundersnow, I would only be able to HEAR Thundersnow. Also said we could see snowlightening, never heard of it.

Poopie patch:floorlaugh: Bed, Bath and Beyond sells doggy boots.
We had a dog, Sheba ( 12/lab 1/2 ?, RIP), she loved the snow, we had a blizzard in 99. She loved it. I took pics of her playing in a blizzard. Keep warm down there.

Thundersnow is rare. Sounds just like a summer storm, I never really saw the lightening strikes, just a flash of light and you hear the rumble. Totally weird.

Reminds me I need to hunt up some extra gloves for DD, as she managed to lose both gloves already.

Blizzard Warning and states of emergency have been declared in St. Joesph Indiana. have a good 10ish inches and there has been only white on the radar all day. Negative temperatures expected tomorrow

Beautiful picture taken by someone in my area...thought I would share for those that may be in the warmer climates and may read the thread

safe_image.php

The snow is still coming down strong here and there are at least 6" more since I shoveled earlier. I just ate some of my fav comfort foods. It's starting to get colder....

They have declared a state of emergency here. I hope people stay off the roads unless it's an emergency or it's work related.

We only got an inch or two of snow but the temps have dropped 20 degrees in 5 hours and the wind is miserable.

Forecast Details
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight:
Windy. Snow will end this evening giving way to some clearing late. Significant blowing and drifting snow. Wind chills approaching -25F. Low -3F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 70%. 2 to 4 inches of snow expected.

Tomorrow:
Bitterly cold. Partly cloudy skies with gusty winds. Dangerous wind chills as low as -30F. High -2F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.

I just heard a loud horn blaring outside and went to look. It's the snowplow and there is a car parked in the street. The driver finally had to go to the door to get the neighbor to move the car.

I wonder if streets are suppose to be clear of parked vehicles or he just couldn't get past?

Coles county Ill, they are rescuing people out of cars and taking them to hotels.

Pesotum 1-5-14 UPDATE 6:00 PM Illinois State Police District 10 officials are advising INTERSTATE-57, INTERSTATE-72, and INTERSTATE-74, State Routes and US Routes are IMPASSIBLE due to white out conditions and drifting snow blocking the roadway.

Travel conditions are life threatening and anyone traveling on the roadways overnight is in life-threatening danger. If motorists have vehicle problems, a disabled vehicle and/or crash, assistance may not arrive before they succumb to the extreme cold. Temperatures and wind chills can quickly cause hypothermia and death.

http://www.wandtv.com/story/24367774/isp-issues-warning-for-all-drivers

Pesotum 1-5-14 UPDATE 6:00 PM Illinois State Police District 10 officials are advising INTERSTATE-57, INTERSTATE-72, and INTERSTATE-74, State Routes and US Routes are IMPASSIBLE due to white out conditions and drifting snow blocking the roadway.

Travel conditions are life threatening and anyone traveling on the roadways overnight is in life-threatening danger. If motorists have vehicle problems, a disabled vehicle and/or crash, assistance may not arrive before they succumb to the extreme cold. Temperatures and wind chills can quickly cause hypothermia and death.

http://www.wandtv.com/story/24367774/isp-issues-warning-for-all-drivers

I'm curious if your not an emergency personnel, hospital personnel getting to work why anyone would be on the roads except in extreme emergency.

Deleting and changing my posts because someone pointed out that the MSM report is inaccurate.

Here is better information on Indiana counties

http://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory/

i'm sure there will be lots of changes, this front is not all that predictable except to say it's bitter cold. The kee kee birds will be frozen to the wires tonight. :blushing:

I'm curious if your not an emergency personnel, hospital personnel getting to work why anyone would be on the roads except in extreme emergency.

Going to buy chocolate. But being out of chocolate would be considered an emergency. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18