Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

The Distillery condo was actually purchased in 2013 and sold 3 1/2 months later for $710,000.

In 2011 WM nets $1.4M from the Toronto hangars, DM buys the farm for $835, the Vaughan condo for $392 (totalling $1.2M) and construction of the $6.4M Waterloo hangar begins
In 2012 WM/DM sell CM's former home for $795k. JS's condo is sold but I assume that's her money?
In November 2012 "the family coffers were running low"
Since his arrest DM has sold property worth $2.75M and $3.8M was charged to the Riverside Rd. 6-plex
That leaves a condo worth $392k, and the Waterloo hangar
(Is it safe to assume the Waterloo hangar cannibalized the Riverside Rd. 6-plex?)

attachment.php

In 2011 WM nets $1.4M from the Toronto hangars, DM buys the farm for $835, the Vaughan condo for $392 (totalling $1.2M) and construction of the $6.4M Waterloo hangar begins
In 2012 WM/DM sell CM's former home for $795k. JS's condo is sold but I assume that's her money?
In November 2012 "the family coffers were running low"
Since his arrest DM has sold property worth $2.75M and $3.8M was charged to the Riverside Rd. 6-plex
That leaves a condo worth $392k, and the Waterloo hangar
(Is it safe to assume the Waterloo hangar cannibalized the Riverside Rd. 6-plex?)

attachment.php

Just glad to see he has some money to pay for legal fees. Hope the remaining balance goes to the victims' families for their huge loss. IMHO I hope he is forced to sell off all properties and nothing goes to his family. I'm sure the system will see to it. Yes that is JMHO. Of course we all know money doesn't buy or replace happiness but I believe SB will make great use of the money to help other victims who may need it. Bless your heart Sharlene. I'm sure when the time is right you will be a wonderful support to the Babcock family.

RIP Tim, Wayne and Laura. Justice will be served.

Keeping in mind DM/WM were tapped out in November 2012,

I see $2.75M cash and a condo that could bring things up to $3M
A 6-plex whose value has been negated by the bank
A hangar meant to cost $6.4M that actually cost over $8M that is highly financed

I hope DP is happy with $3M

A hangar meant to cost $6.4M that actually cost over $8M that is highly financed

Snooper- probably the only person doing the happy dance on the two additional 1st degree murder charges was DP.
It's all starting to sound pretty pricey!

I wasn't aware they had sold Hangar 4 at Pearson that Air Transat was renting from them. Who did they sell it too?

I wasn't aware they had sold Hangar 4 at Pearson that Air Transat was renting from them. Who did they sell it too?

I'm sorry you will have to help on that one. I was going by the email on AB's blog from WM where he states he was paid $2M for the one hangar but had $600k costs to demolish the other, is that incorrect?

ETA: found it the Air Transat hangar was sold to the airport

Our lease expired last april and the Toronto airport authority refused to renew it, which forced me to “remove” the old hangar – i.e. demolish it, at our expense, $600,000. However through a series of good coincident for me (it seemed like an angel was causing some things to happen) i managed to get $2 million from the airport for them to get ownership of the new hangar, (which they thought they were just going to automatically take over ownership of at lease end) the big hangar where the birthday parties were for my father, which is where air transat operates a maintenance hangar.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/09/new-information-from-wayne-millard-about-the-millardair-kitchener-operations.html

I'm sorry you will have to help on that one. I was going by the email on AB's blog from WM where he states he was paid $2M for the one hangar but had $600k costs to demolish the other, is that incorrect?

ETA: found it the Air Transat hangar was sold to the airport

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/09/new-information-from-wayne-millard-about-the-millardair-kitchener-operations.html

Ah...thanks SnooperDuper. Makes perfect sense that the airport would have purchased the hangar and probably excused them from their lease to keep them from trying to boot out the Air Transat MRO and just setting up shop there after the lease on the demolished hangar's land expired. GTAA wanted them out of there at all costs it seems. No wonder considering the hangar that was demolished was being used for rave parties and nude model shoots at that point. I guess the Millards were smart to cut their losses too because there was no way the lease on the Air Transat hangar land would have been extended to them once it was up either and they would have been forced to sell the hangar at a bargain price or tear it down too no doubt.

MOO

It may even be less. If DM is convicted of killing his father, any of the money or property that he inherited from his father's estate would be forfeited.

If DM is innocent then why is he liquidating all of his properties?

Is he trying to beat the crown to seizing them as proceeds of crime?

Was he buying properties with drug money?

I have to wonder if MB has cut some ties with sonny and has now placed signing/legal rights over to DP. The landscaping business went directly to DP in swinging the deal purchasing the farmland. Has MB washed her hands of her son? One has to wonder. Seems from this angle the properties were purchased with money made from the proceeds of crime, drug money. I also have to wonder now also, if LE are able to prove the property was purchase with crime proceeds, is the landscaping company at risk of losing it? You would think they would have cleared all the red tape by now or did DP take it upon himself to dump it before these things were settled?

Now I have to wonder what DM told dear dad as to how he came about earning this money to purchase the farmland. Did WM find out how his son was making money and threatened to turn DM in and ended up paying with his life? WM being a very frugal man, I doubt he would fork out that kind of money for the purchase of the farmland, but that's JMHO.

I predict DM is liquidating all his properties because he knows he won't be needing any of them for the rest of his life. He will have a new home soon alongside RW, PB, MR and some of the other in Canada. Mr. Smich will be joining them there also. Sorry I fail to see a wrongful conviction on these two . But that's JMHO and especially since the two new charges have come to light. They've got some darn good evidence, to come to the conclusion both MS and DM were involved in LB's murder. I won't be surprised if MS is throwing DM under the bus as we sleuth.

It may even be less. If DM is convicted of killing his father, any of the money or property that he inherited from his father's estate would be forfeited.

This just keeps getting better and better!!!!!

I have to wonder if MB has cut some ties with sonny and has now placed signing/legal rights over to DP. The landscaping business went directly to DP in swinging the deal purchasing the farmland. Has MB washed her hands of her son? One has to wonder. Seems from this angle the properties were purchased with money made from the proceeds of crime, drug money. I also have to wonder now also, if LE are able to prove the property was purchase with crime proceeds, is the landscaping company at risk of losing it? You would think they would have cleared all the red tape by now or did DP take it upon himself to dump it before these things were settled?

Now I have to wonder what DM told dear dad as to how he came about earning this money to purchase the farmland. Did WM find out how his son was making money and threatened to turn DM in and ended up paying with his life? WM being a very frugal man, I doubt he would fork out that kind of money for the purchase of the farmland, but that's JMHO.

I predict DM is liquidating all his properties because he knows he won't be needing any of them for the rest of his life. He will have a new home soon alongside RW, PB, MR and some of the other in Canada. Mr. Smich will be joining them there also. Sorry I fail to see a wrongful conviction on these two . But that's JMHO and especially since the two new charges have come to light. They've got some darn good evidence, to come to the conclusion both MS and DM were involved in LB's murder. I won't be surprised if MS is throwing DM under the bus as we sleuth.
Swedie- I must have missed the post on DP selling the farm. Let me know where it is! :) I'm getting confused with the threads!!:scared:

Yes I have always believed that the MRO was such a fiasco that it sucked up all available cash, and by late 2012, there wasn't much left over. I wouldn't have been surprised if the incinerator had been purchased for use with the MRO consultants! The consultants blew through WM's cash and I believe took WM and DM to the point of having to liquidate properties anyway. At that point DM may not have been as poor as poor little me, but I think he felt pretty sorry for himself, enough so that he felt he could take a truck from somebody. After all, the consultants took his father's fortune from him.

That's why he feels "taken advantage of".

Obviously DM and WM would have discussed which way is out of the MRO morass, and likely WM wanted to push forward and make money with the thing, and DM wanted to shut it down and recoup what cash they could.

So DM got his gun and had it his way.

For clarification, the new owner of the farm approached DP regarding the purchase but there is no indication he has signing rights over DM's assets.

For clarification, the new owner of the farm approached DP regarding the purchase but there is no indication he has signing rights over DM's assets.
Woodland IIRC MB had POA for DM. Would have been a simple signature. I find it amazing that the real estate agent wouldn't have procured the offer and then submitted it to DP. Sounds like they wanted the full price that DM paid for it and 5K for DP's trouble. I can well imagine the environmental clauses that were in that offer! MOO

I would laugh if the Crown took the hangar (because of the chop shop there),

the bank took Riverside Rd (because they already have 90% of it),

And DP took the last $3M left over.

That's it, DM's broke, that's all that he has left and he's going to lose it all before this is over.

DM won't be broke, MB will be. She must be so ashamed and horrified by this whole scenario. F

Correct me if I am wrong but there is nothing to indicate that DP has anything to do with the sale of property. He is a criminal defence attorney. DM/MB may have contracted corporate or real estate counsel but it would be strange to have his defence attorney negotiating property transactions.

DM won't be broke, MB will be. She must be so ashamed and horrified by this whole scenario. F
Agree JPC. IMHO, getting the news that your son has been charged with killing your ex husband, after you've consoled him upon the suicide of his father plus having listened to his stories about how he was so innocent in the TB case couldn't help but rip your heart out. I'm hoping she has a good support network. She's got a long road ahead. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member