Million Dollar Dream Team. Discuss the Players Here and UPDATE INFO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To be honest I agree with you regarding the case load of pubic defenders. Having worked with abused women for years I also think that Legal aid attorneys are so overloaded with cases that their clients are under represented also.

Don't get me started. I feel that it's only the wealthy and the "famous" who get decent legal representation in the good ol' USA.

I do agree with you.

And, as much as I back our judicial system, I ALMOST (not quite LOL) feel guilty that I didn't care if OJ was guilty of the Vegas crimes or not. I wanted him found guilty, regardless.

I would throw in poor, mentally challenged, and middle aged too. It is all about the exposure garnered when a (relatively) attractive young mother murders her child.

And this one comes with the dynamic that even the best mystery writer could conjure up. It proves the saying, "fact is stranger than fiction." You just can't write this stuff.

IMO, they are all in it for the publicity, which in itself is worth a lot of money to them.

I should also point out that if JB was any good, he wouldn't be announcing the names of the experts he is using. A clever defence lawyer waits until they receive the expert's reports first, as it may turn out that the expert's opinion does not assist their case, and accordingly he/she would not want to call that expert as a witness, and in that case, he could only prejudice and disadvantage his client by going public with it before he gets the reports. Either he's certain he will get reports consistent with his defence from them (which is a concern all by itself), or he's being silly. Where I come from, most of what is in those reports/opinions would be covered by attorney client privilege if he decided not to call those witnesses.

I watched the Spector trial all the way through and these experts made a travesty of that poor woman's death to save their client. They are hired guns and expensive at that. Their egos match their wallets and to do what they do, they have no concience whatever. While they will likely receive just publicity and the furture expensive clients that represents, this case opens other financial options for them in the future.

If convicted, Casey cant profit from Caylee's death but there is nothing to prohibit Cindi, George and lee from profiting through books, movie deals etc and rights to those future profits may be part of the deal with the devil for these experts. Also, any movies would depict them at work and give them further exposure. They would also likely be sought out for help with any future movie etc. there is money and reputations to be made, win or lose.

My skin crawls when baden speaks and climbs onto her high horse named diversion. There is something evil within her and her quack Dr husband isnt any better. Hopefully they are exposed for what they are along with Dr Lee who was discredited in the Spector trial.

Lets hope a FL courtroom can render their antics mute and Justice will prevail.

I watched the Spector trial all the way through and these experts made a travesty of that poor woman's death to save their client. They are hired guns and expensive at that. Their egos match their wallets and to do what they do, they have no concience whatever. While they will likely receive just publicity and the furture expensive clients that represents, this case opens other financial options for them in the future.

If convicted, Casey cant profit from Caylee's death but there is nothing to prohibit Cindi, George and lee from profiting through books, movie deals etc and rights to those future profits may be part of the deal with the devil for these experts. Also, any movies would depict them at work and give them further exposure. They would also likely be sought out for help with any future movie etc. there is money and reputations to be made, win or lose.

My skin crawls when baden speaks and climbs onto her high horse named diversion. There is something evil within her and her quack Dr husband isnt any better. Hopefully they are exposed for what they are along with Dr Lee who was discredited in the Spector trial.

Great post! Welcome to WS's!!

I heard the same comment on national TV regarding this case yesterday and I totally agree.

I hear talking heads discussing how she can't get a fair trial anywhere, I disagree because though the odds are stacked against her she will get better representation then most. I think the best they can hope for in this case is a mistrial and they are pulling out all the "guns" to help them do that.

I know they always like to say they can't find fair jurors, but I don't buy that. Jurors have a heck of a responsibility and I do not think there would be many people who took that responsibility lightly.

To be a fair juror, it's not a requirement to have never heard of this case. It's a requirement that you be open minded to both sides of the argument and hold the state to their burden of proof.

In the Spector case, one of the jurors was a Dateline reporter. He stated he'd read everything he could get his hands on in regards to the case because he was set to cover it. He was still chosen as a juror. He even specifically stated that he thought Spector was guilty and that bell hand been rung. He went on to say that it wouldn't be impossible to un-ring it, but it would take a lot to change his mind. He still served as a member of that jury (and he opted for guilt when all was said and done, LOL).

It could be that the A's are sticking all these media channels with a licensing fee, every time they flash the family photos all over the news...That early on interview we saw and ABC and then the Dateline Story on NBC last night, may have cost those networks millions to get, and they just aren't going to admit to that to "joe public" because they know that "joe public" would be furious. I have no doubt that they have media dollars coming in.

I just wish all of them would be arrested as accessories, obstructors, etc., so that income would stop.

I agree. I have no doubt as LE watched their interview on LKL they were boiling mad. For George to sit there and accuse LE of a rush to judgment, and attacked them because they didn't do as he wanted and put out an Amber Alert was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. One would think by now that George would know there are requirements that had to be met for that to happen and this case certainly did not qualify (mainly because his daughter had killed her a month before). He of course forgot that little detail when he went on the attack. It's all LE's fault though. I hope they charge them.

I was just watching Fox News Live and cannot believe the high profile expensive defense team for Casey! Who is paying for all of this?? Why blow such a cut and dried case so out of proportion??? How can these defense people sleep at night knowing they are doing everything they can to get this mom off the hook?

The forensic team will probably identify the remains as little Caylee's and then the defense just can't let it go and mourn the loss of an innocent life? They will have to have their own forensic team pick through the remains to try and prove it is not Caylee or what? So sick and heartless!

What ever happened to good old fashioned murder trials? The body is now probably found, all evidence points to the mom, can't she have enough humanity to finally admit her guilt. Even if she said it was an accident...I did it...I'm guilty and so sorry! Even though we know because of the duct tape it wasn't an accident...let it go already!! Enough of the lies!! Admit to what you did for the sake of little Caylee!!

Why waste everyone's time and money to basically try and let a mom off on the brutal murder of her child?? Surely Caylee's little life was more than that!!! I'm sorry...I should have put this on the rant thread but I am just furious!!!! What has happened to society and the legal system???:furious:

My thoughts, precisely. What's in it for these people? If this isn't a cut and dried case of guilt I don't know what is. IMO they have no respect for Caylee's little short life or they would not be jumping on board to defend her killer.

:clap::clap:

Great first post! Welcome to WS!

IMO, they are all in it for the publicity, which in itself is worth a lot of money to them.

I should also point out that if JB was any good, he wouldn't be announcing the names of the experts he is using.

snip

Bolded by me. You definitely didn't forget the key word.

Is JB just padding his approach with big names to make up for the lack of any true evidence that Casey is innocent? I don't get it... nothing in this case, IMO, warrants Casey having famous legal eagles come out of the woodworks to defend her.

That baby lies in a morgue, awaiting justice... the only love shown to her thus far is from strangers afar and LE trying to do right by her... while her sorry excuse for a mother gets loaded up on big names in an attempt to avoid having to pay for what she did to her daughter. It... pisses... me... OFF...

My thoughts, precisely. What's in it for these people? If this isn't a cut and dried case of guilt I don't know what is. IMO they have no respect for Caylee's little short life or they would not be jumping on board to defend her killer.

I didn't know it, but after my mother and stepfather's death, I found out they left every single thing they owned to me (there are other children too, I was just the closest). I immediately signed off of everything because I could not accept a dime from their deaths. I assure you, I will never be able to understand the Anthonys.

If GA and CA were charged with and convicted (or pleaded) of some charge such as obstruction, could they profit from the crime?

I heard the same comment on national TV regarding this case yesterday and I totally agree.

I hear talking heads discussing how she can't get a fair trial anywhere, I disagree because though the odds are stacked against her she will get better representation then most. I think the best they can hope for in this case is a mistrial and they are pulling out all the "guns" to help them do that.

Actually the people I have talked to that haven't carefully followed the case think it was an accident.

I believe that is based mostly upon the way Casey looks and the fact that people can't conceive of a mother deliberately killing her child.

Since she has THAT going for her that she also needs the big guns makes me think the evidence is beyond-belief overwhelming.

It sickens me to think that there is a chance even that truth and evidence may not be enough to assure justice. I am old enough to have learned to never underestimate really, really good big guns.

I pray that finding Caylee's body is a sign that in this case truth will out.

Is JB just padding his approach with big names to make up for the lack of any true evidence that Casey is innocent? I don't get it... nothing in this case, IMO, warrants Casey having famous legal eagles come out of the woodworks to defend her.

That baby lies in a morgue, awaiting justice... the only love shown to her thus far is from strangers afar and LE trying to do right by her... while her sorry excuse for a mother gets loaded up on big names in an attempt to avoid having to pay for what she did to her daughter. It... pisses... me... OFF...

It's just so sad. I can't stand it either. :(

I think George and Cindy should go see the remains. If that doesn't PO them to hate Casey, nothing will.

EDIT: BTW, I hope prosecutors don't give the Anthony family the courtesy to let them know when the graphic photos will be displayed at trial so they don't show up for court that day. They don't deserve the courtesy, IMO.

Just like Geragos with Scott P case, he lost his reputation trying to play games to save SP. Just now recovering his reputation now. Is it worth it? Everyone is entitled to a fair trial.
A woman in Pittsburgh killed her child, was left out to attend his funeral, never came back like she told LE and they caught her drinking with friends in a bar..............oh well......where was the guards???? LE may leave KC attend funeral???

It's just so sad. I can't stand it either. :(

I think George and Cindy should go see the remains. If that doesn't PO them to hate Casey, nothing will.

EDIT: BTW, I hope prosecutors don't give the Anthony family the courtesy to let them know when the graphic photos will be displayed at trial so they don't show up for court that day. They don't deserve the courtesy, IMO.

In response to the part I have bolded, I think George and Cindy have a good idea what Caylee looks like and what happened to her.

I also think they probably hate Casey for what she has become. But, she is still their little girl and facing being physically harmed in jail or now even the DP.

Remember Old Yeller, when the boy had to shoot the dog because he had gone mad? Or the yearling when the little boy has to shoot his deer because he won't stay out of the corn?

Despite Casey's horrific deed, Cindy and George have memories of good times with her. They don't want the little girl they raised "put down". I think the Anthony family sees Casey as sort of a "dumb animal" that isn't quite right. She's broken. They were probably hoping it was a phase she'd outgrow.

My prediction: Kathy B. will be chosen by Cindy to be the Author of whatever book it is that she thinks the world wants to read. Cindy will try to control her every word, Kathy will have none of it and will end up writing her first "true crime" book and Cindy will end up filing a civil suit against her.
I also feel that this dream team is meeting with the A's to find out what was taken from the house in the search instead of waiting for it to be released, and want to find out what the A's testimony will be in court so that they can create their defense and weave their testimony into the Zanny storyliine.

Well put. A question, isn't the judge allowed to ask the nature of the relationship these new lawyers have with the defendent? And to specifically inquire into the terms and means of compensation for the lawyers and experts?

I ask because the traditional pay the lawyer for his services arrangement is more then just the lawyer getting wealthy or paid. It is a very distinct protection for the client. By directly paying the lawyer, the client insures that the lawyers interests have been fulfilled up front, and in return any actions that the lawyer then takes are in the clients interests, not the lawyers. In this case it really does look extremely suspicious that this dream team is there strictly for their own reasons and interests, and while they may seem to correspond to KC's on the surface, it is those lawyers and publicity seekers interests that are being more directly served by continuous press statements, public apprearences and dragging things on longer to promote a "trial of the century" type circus atmosphere. And it is that that may be running directly counter to the defendents best interests.

These are just a few of the images that came to mind when I first saw Linda Kenny Baden...a mobsters wife, a madame, a cougar, a retired chola, botox addict...care to share any?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back