Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A-ha...thanks for the explanation that she is no longer a Marine. Gives her freedom to speak. Arrrgh. B.S. I'm a civilian and can't even have my say. What a load of....stuff that Laurean is made of. :crazy:

And another thing, why did he have to kill her without even knowing she was carrying his child? Unless of course there was an ongoing sexual relationship?

Unless it was out of rage when she threatened to tell his wife everything!

I always kinda felt Laci found out about Amber, confronted her , and threatened to tell Amber. Peterson became enraged and killed Laci. Something (was it a Xmas card?) had come to their house, which led me to believe Laci found out.

Oh geezzzzzzzzzzzzz... why'd I get started on that one? :bang:

Never mind. Carry on as usual.

I wonder why they let her say so much on camera? Especially about a murder case. Even though she was blacked out...you could still tell who she is if you knew her.

My understanding is she's no longer active?

Not to be horrible or anything but you guys are watching the video and saying her head was showing? I saw the video and I don't see a head. I just see black stuff.

I will be very surprised if that is not his baby! If it's not, I think he sure believed it was. An ongoing relationship would explain a lot about Maria's changing stories. The rapes could be in the nature of date rapes. And we know from being on here, if nothing else, that very often people have ongoing relationships with people they are afraid of.
Oh I think the baby was his too, and that is why Maria and the baby are dead. I just cant get my mind around any other reason for her going to his house except they were still seeing each other. I still think of Sheriff Brown's comment about the "bizarre twist". :)

I always kinda felt Laci found out about Amber, confronted her , and threatened to tell Amber. Peterson became enraged and killed Laci. Something (was it a Xmas card?) had come to their house, which led me to believe Laci found out.

ITA!

I think something happened where Maria got mad, got assertive and confronted him and threatened to tell his wife...that's why I was saying she may have even refused to leave his house that night and he panicked, knowing his wife could come home and catch her in their home.

Oh I think the baby was his too, and that is why Maria and the baby are dead. I just cant get my mind around any other reason for her going to his house except they were still seeing each other. I still think of Sheriff Brown's comment about the "bizarre twist". :)

She may have gone to his house on her own volition. Or she may have been forced to his house. I don't believe anything in the note he left. And I don't believe much, if anything, that the wife has to say.

Not to be horrible or anything but you guys are watching the video and saying her head was showing? I saw the video and I don't see a head. I just see black stuff.
I saw no head showing, only what you saw and I saved the photo.

It's ok, and I'm following you! The guys want to sneak around and have affairs while their unsuspecting wives are at home with the children. The last thing they want is to get caught, be threatened with divorce because that would mean they'd have to pay alimony & child support ~ so the best way out for them is to murder the wife, or in this case the pregnant girlfriend/mistress who he'd be paying child support to.

No one knows how she ended up at the house.

They didn't follow the chain of command, though. Whoever answered the phone at the unit when the sheriff's investigator called should have referred the call the the first sergeant, who should have referred it to the unit's CO, and so on up to wherever it should stop. I don't think anyone higher than the unit level ever heard of the calls. In fact, I don't think anyone higher up than whoever answered the phone ever got the message from the sheriff's investigator.

If the media wants to talk to an executive, unless they know who he is and his personal number, they're going to have to count on a receptionist, then a secretary, then another secretary and on up to the executive.

I wasn't trying to say they were calling peons...but that they just weren't calling the right people. In this case, they needed to contact NCIS. To tell you the truth, I'm not impressed with how either side, civilian or military have handled this whole case. Too much speculation.

Cheating in the military is a HUGE thing. They supposedly have strict rules and regs regarding it but it's never stopped anyone. I would not be surprised at all to find out that Maria and carried on an affair.
MGS, hi.
Do you mean that you think Maria and had a straight up affair?

OR

Do you think they had a affair after the rape?
Maria was pursuing the rape charges, I can't imagine she'd had an affair with him.
Maybe I'm confused.

Mrs. was seen painting the housen in Dec???:confused:

And Maria's car was parked in their driveway in the week after Maria was murdered. They all worked on the same base. I don't buy that Xtina didn't know who's car that was.

She may have gone to his house on her own volition. Or she may have been forced to his house. I don't believe anything in the note he left. And I don't believe much, if anything, that the wife has to say.
I think she went on her own, because it does seem that she (and not an impersonator) withdrew a lot of money from the bank, went to the bus station and bought a ticket to El Paso and then she ends up at his house. Personal items were also missing from where she lived and she left a note behind that she was going away for a few days. What she was planning to do, I have no idea.

I would have spent the last night with him if I was Christina. If he confessed to her in the car while driving to the attorney's office then told the attorney (who might have kept a secret considering this is a high profile case that his name would be attached to, it could make him famous and very rich). If someone in the seat next to you in a car confessed they killed someone...and that person is your husband...can you imagine how she would feel? Especially if he finally admitted there was sexual contact with Lauterbach. I would be terrified but planning to alert the officials the moment I got the chance and the moment I felt that he would trust me again enough to leave me alone to escape.

Think about those people with Stockholm's Syndrome. When it's either be killed or adjust your way of thinking, you are most likely to adjust your way of thinking.

I don't know. I'm guess I'm not as quick to think she was in on this.

The facts as I understand them:

His wife knew about the rape charge, but her husband denied it.

His wife knew a couple of months later that Maria was pregnant, but her husband is still denying he had sex with Maria.

His wife goes to he party on the 14th, expecting her husband to be there also. He never shows. We don't know what reason he gave to her.

Maria was killed in the home the night of the 14th.

Blood was involved. Some reports say "lots of blood" - but all I've read is that there was blood in two different rooms and that some of it was "splatter." Splatter can be huge drops on the wall or ceiling, or small drops.

We don't know what time his wife got home that night, or whether she saw any blood. If there was splatter on the ceiling - it could still have been small drops that someone might not have noticed if arrived home late and went straight to bed, especially if having been drinking.

CL could also have washed the blood so that none could be seen, except by using luminol.

For all we know, nothing may have looked strange in the house when his wife got home. He could have temporarily hidden the body in a plastic container or in plastic bags in the trunk of Maria's car, so you wouldn't notice the smell.

We don't know what CL told her at that point, if he told her anything.

We don't know what reason he gave her for wanting to paint a couple of rooms. It could have been a perfectly innocent/reasonable explanation. For all we know, they could have had painting a couple of rooms on their "to do" list and CL suggested they do them before Christmas.

Maria has not been reported missing at this point.

I'm not sure when he buried Maria, but it could have easily been done days later when his wife was not home, under the guise of creating a BBQ pit. Innocent explanation for having purchased shovels, blocks, etc.

We know that late in the afternoon on January 10, he and his wife drive to the attorney's office. During the drive, he tells her the story about Maria coming over on December 14th and how she committed suicide. That he was scared they would suspect him because of the outstanding rape charge.

They get to the lawyer's office. We do NOT know if she went into the meeting with the lawyer or if she waited in the waiting room. I would be surprised if the lawyer did not spend at least some of the time alone with CL. (Doesn't having a third person in the room negate the lawyer/client privilege?) OTOH - wives cannot be forced to testify again their husbands.

For all we know, she sat in the waiting room during some or all of the lawyer visit, and then driving home, he shared with her what the lawyer said - or shared with her his version of what the lawyer said.

We don't know if he was totally honest with the attorney. He may have downplayed his part in things. He may have stressed the suicide angle. The lawyers may have believed there was more to the story than they were being told, and informed him of the seriousness of things if the facts were not exactly like CL described to them.

It sounds like after they got home, his wife tried to convince him to turn himself in (at least I think that's what her dad had been quoted as saying).

Maybe they talked about it until late. I've heard unconfirmed reports that some family may have come over and there was a discussion about what to do. Wasn't the arguing that the neighbor overhead from the evening of the 10th? That would tie in with his wife trying to convince him to turn himself in. At some point, she went to bed. He may have also gone to bed, promising to do the right thing in the morning.

She wakes up and he is gone. She calls her father and her former sgt., and they accompany her to the police station.

From what I can tell, she learned about Maria being buried in the yard late afternoon on the 10th, and she went to LE at 9ish in the morning.

She may have believed that after he slept on it, he would do the right thing and turn himself in.

I just don't get why everyone wants to assume that she sat on this for a long time or helped him in this. She clearly has a conscience or she would not have called people she trusted (like her father) to discuss what to do about it. Assuming that it is true that she first learned about this late afternoon on the 10th, she really only sat on this info less than a day. Maybe only 12-16 hours. During that time, she had to come to grips with the information, pull herself out of denial, and seek the counsel of those she trusts. All the while, she also has to come to grips with the fact that her life as she knew it was now totally gone, and the man she had married was not the man she thought she had married. She has to start to process that he may be in trouble and that she will be a single mother, supporting a young child all by herself. That's a lot for someone to process in such a short time; I'd be surprised if she got any sleep at all that night.

And Maria's car was parked in their driveway in the week after Maria was murdered. They all worked on the same base. I don't buy that Xtina didn't know who's car that was.

If I came home and saw a car in the drive and asked the husband's who it was and he said, "Just a guy from work, he's going to pay me to change the brake pads for him..."

I probably wouldn't think twice about it...though I would start harassing him about when he planned on working on it and getting that poor guy's car back and out of our driveway! :) At one time, we were storing a car for a friend that was in Iraq in our garage, plus his motorcycle, plus the bike of another friend. We should have been charging fees - haha.

I guess everyone's different though and some wives might ask more questions.

I think she went on her own, because it does seem that she (and not an impersonator) withdrew a lot of money from the bank, went to the bus station and bought a ticket to El Paso and then she ends up at his house. Personal items were also missing from where she lived and she left a note behind that she was going away for a few days. What she was planning to do, I have no idea.

Detective Dubois in the probably cause statement doesn't believe that.

I agree that the wife had to know who's car it was... but do we know if she worked on the base? I'm hearing/reading conflicting stories about wife being an active Marine or a civilian.

I read the official document (linked below), that she was no longer in the MC and now had civilian status.

Scroll down to # 18.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Cell+Phone+Search+Warrant.pdf

Cricket, it really doesn't matter why Xtina sat on the information. She hindered an investigation and allowed CL to get away. And of course she ran to LE with that note. It lets her off the hook! Or she was hoping that's how it would turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee