Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I think the baby was his too, and that is why Maria and the baby are dead. I just cant get my mind around any other reason for her going to his house except they were still seeing each other. I still think of Sheriff Brown's comment about the "bizarre twist". :)

Laurean had to know the baby was his, why kill her then?

Cricket - I'm actually in the same very small boat that you're in...a lot of people seem to think that she was in on it, but I don't think so either...I DO think she knew the day before as she has said. I DO think she was then afraid of Laurean, too, as well as conflicted by her feelings for him. She loved this man...and to hear he has not only cheated on her but murdered Lauterbach? That's a lot to put on a woman at once.

I think she's the one who convinced him to go to an attorney and she found out what happened. I do think she was also reacting out of fear just waiting for him to leave her alone before she went to the police. Can you imagine? She knew her husband had murdered another woman. Just saying, "I'm going to the store..." could have been a death sentence for her if he thought she was running.

I don't see anything wrong with what she did...but at the same time, I am open to the views of those who think she might have some involvement. Every time a new piece of information comes out, more pieces of the puzzle fall into place. Someday we may know what happened and hopefully, by then, they'll also have nailed Laurean and have him in custody.

And I haven't heard, read or otherwise, exactly where Xtina was working. Interesting her father stated she told him she was working the night Maria was killed. But told investigators she was at a Christmas party.

Cricket, it really doesn't matter why Xtina sat on the information. She hindered an investigation and allowed CL to get away. And of course she ran to LE with that note. It lets her off the hook! Or she was hoping that's how it would turn out.

My point was, we are not sure how much she really knew. All I know for sure is that she knew her husband said Maria had killed herself and he had buried the body. If she believed him, I'm not sure I condemn her for not going to LE 4 or 5 hours earlier than she did go. Her whole life has been turned upside down.

Cricket - I'm actually in the same very small boat that you're in...a lot of people seem to think that she was in on it, but I don't think so either...I DO think she knew the day before as she has said. I DO think she was then afraid of Laurean, too, as well as conflicted by her feelings for him. She loved this man...and to hear he has not only cheated on her but murdered Lauterbach? That's a lot to put on a woman at once.

I think she's the one who convinced him to go to an attorney and she found out what happened. I do think she was also reacting out of fear just waiting for him to leave her alone before she went to the police. Can you imagine? She knew her husband had murdered another woman. Just saying, "I'm going to the store..." could have been a death sentence for her if he thought she was running.

I don't see anything wrong with what she did...but at the same time, I am open to the views of those who think she might have some involvement. Every time a new piece of information comes out, more pieces of the puzzle fall into place. Someday we may know what happened and hopefully, by then, they'll also have nailed Laurean and have him in custody.

Welcome to the boat - I agree it's a small one!

The incidents of harrassment (keying her car and slugging her in the face) are not speculation. The Marine JAG mentioned it in the news conference.

She was ok enough to be able to fall asleep after hearing what her husband did.

The incidents of harrassment (keying her car and slugging her in the face) are not speculation. The Marine JAG mentioned it in the news conference.

Whew, thank you! I was beginning to wonder if I pulled that outta my *ss somewhere along the line.

Detective Dubois in the probably cause statement doesn't believe that.
I read the probable cause statement, and I agree it doesn't make sense for her to voluntarily leave and up to now I haven't thought it was even her at the bus station. But LE, or at least the media, seems to believe it was her, so what was going on? I'm just confused!

She was ok enough to be able to fall asleep after hearing what her husband did.

Do we know for a fact that she did sleep? After what she had just learned, I wouldn't be surprised if her brain went dead and she did fall asleep, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she took something to help her get a good nights' sleep, thinking she would need to be well-rested to deal with it in the morning.

If I came home and saw a car in the drive and asked the husband's who it was and he said, "Just a guy from work, he's going to pay me to change the brake pads for him..."

I probably wouldn't think twice about it...though I would start harassing him about when he planned on working on it and getting that poor guy's car back and out of our driveway! :) At one time, we were storing a car for a friend that was in Iraq in our garage, plus his motorcycle, plus the bike of another friend. We should have been charging fees - haha.

I guess everyone's different though and some wives might ask more questions.

And wouldn't someone have had to help him drive the car back to the bus station?

Personally, I would have been up all night puking my guts out. Which I've done over things not quite so horrifying and alot less life altering.

They mentioned on Great tonight that maybe she was afraid of him after she found out what he was capable of. That sounds legit, but she had opportunities to get the heck out of Dodge. He kept leaving the house for Lowe's, the ATM. Chit, I'd a been out of there if I was afraid. So I don't think she was afraid. She also knew he'd run to Mexico if he was in trouble. So, she gave him a head start before going to the authorities. Another attorney on the program believes she already has cut a deal. That's why she's cooperating. That sounds the most plausible to me.

JMHO

You have to wonder about a person that could.

You do have to wonder about that person. You kind of have to wonder how the evening went after the visit to the lawyer. Of course, it's no secret that I don't think Christina received any NEW information that day, so I guess I'm really wondering how she slept the night of the 14th.

I read the probable cause statement, and I agree it doesn't make sense for her to voluntarily leave and up to now I haven't thought it was even her at the bus station. But LE, or at least the media, seems to believe it was her, so what was going on? I'm just confused!

Dec. 15th, she was supposedly at the bus station buying a ticket and for what day was the ticket for to depart???, now how can that be when she was murdered by Laurean on 12/14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee