Missing Cell Phones #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the fourth phone was found in a drawer in the home (i believe in the computer room) on the first day, during a cursory search iirc. trying to find a link for that, it may have been in the search warrant but i'm not sure. i assume it was an old broken phone.

eta: http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf

Hmmm what if it wasn't an old broken phone, and LE was following up on the last call made on that one? Are we 100% sure the call was made from one of the missing phones to rule this one out? :waitasec:

I'm really curious as to why the FBI wanted MW's phone back and kept it. For the text messages maybe? To see who she was in contact with after she got it back initially? Hmmm...

I'm really curious as to why the FBI wanted MW's phone back and kept it. For the text messages maybe? To see who she was in contact with after she got it back initially? Hmmm...

Agreed there is something important going on with that phone. 8 people using it may present a bit of a snag, but something is important.

If the person who deleted the call history did not take the sim card, too, then the history is easy to reconstruct with a sim card reader. If the person who deleted the call history also removed the sim card or the phone did not have one (my assumption), then this becomes more laborious, but not impossible. If MW is indeed cooperating with LE she can hopefully provide the details of where she bought the phone, the type of prepaid card and perhaps that company can reconstruct the call history. We'll see...

Irwin noticed the family cell phones were missing and called police from his work mobile phone
Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-day-and-night-of-disappearance#ixzz1ca8TPM6n

This BBM stated from JI about the cell phones has struck me as odd from day one!!!! Imagine coming home and discovering that your 10month old daughter is missing....you panic and move frantic about the house looking for her, you check the yard, the neighbours etc and nothing....you pull your working cell phone out of your pocket and call 911. Would you worry about other cell phones in the house at a moment like this? Why would you go looking for them, when they originally stated that they were not working, what would be the purpose of wanting them when LI was missing??? To label them as stolen so early in the case is beyond me...I would think they may be in DB's purse or she left them on the porch or elsewhere, but not stolen. My first instinct when I cannot find my cell phone is "where the heck did I leave it this time" not "it must have been stolen" when inside my own home. JMO These cell phones play a very important role in this case...the parents made them part of the story right from the start.

Irwin noticed the family cell phones were missing and called police from his work mobile phone
Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-day-and-night-of-disappearance#ixzz1ca8TPM6n

This BBM stated from JI about the cell phones has struck me as odd from day one!!!! Imagine coming home and discovering that your 10month old daughter is missing....you panic and move frantic about the house looking for her, you check the yard, the neighbours etc and nothing....you pull your working cell phone out of your pocket and call 911. Would you worry about other cell phones in the house at a moment like this? Why would you go looking for them, when they originally stated that they were not working, what would be the purpose of wanting them when LI was missing??? To label them as stolen so early in the case is beyond me...I would think they may be in DB's purse or she left them on the porch or elsewhere, but not stolen. My first instinct when I cannot find my cell phone is "where the heck did I leave it this time" not "it must have been stolen" when inside my own home. JMO These cell phones play a very important role in this case...the parents made them part of the story right from the start.
If the phones are normally kept in plain view on the counter top, and are then missing from plain view from the counter top, it may have been obvious that they were missing. MOO.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that all three cell phones were taken? I could see someone spotting one as they quickly passed thru the house and grabbing it, but why take all three? Did the kidnapper see them and think he/she could sell them for a profit? In the few kidnapping cases I’ve followed, it seems that the only focus was on taking the child, they weren’t also robbing the house at the same time, too much time in the house, too much of a risk of getting caught. I think someone took those phones because there was info on them they did not want to be revealed. And I don’t think it was a random intruder.

And eight people sharing a cell phone? Sorry but I don't buy it. Prepaid cell phones are super cheap these days, are none of the people living in the house able to afford their own phone? Sounds very fishy to me. It does however, provide the perfect excuse for MW “oh, we all share a phone, I don’t know who got the call from the Irwin’s cell phone.” So has LE talked to her eight roommates to find out who was in possession of the phone when this call came in, had to be someone.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that all three cell phones were taken? I could see someone spotting one as they quickly passed thru the house and grabbing it, but why take all three? Did the kidnapper see them and think he/she could sell them for a profit? In the few kidnapping cases I’ve followed, it seems that the only focus was on taking the child, they weren’t also robbing the house at the same time, too much time in the house, too much of a risk of getting caught. I think someone took those phones because there was info on them they did not want to be revealed. And I don’t think it was a random intruder.

And eight people sharing a cell phone? Sorry but I don't buy it. Prepaid cell phones are super cheap these days, are none of the people living in the house able to afford their own phone? Sounds very fishy to me. It does however, provide the perfect excuse for MW “oh, we all share a phone, I don’t know who got the call from the Irwin’s cell phone.” So has LE talked to her eight roommates to find out who was in possession of the phone when this call came in, had to be someone.
A thief will take all of them if they are all together. Just put in your pocket and go. I would see more of a problem with unwanted info on them if only 1 was taken.

Maybe they're keeping it charged and monitoring who is still calling?

IMO to run a more complete analysis of the phone. It's likely local LE likely only looked at the call history, the FBI would have access to more sophisticated programs and hardware that would get more information.

I guess if your "super broke" and texting and talking doesn't mean a lot to you, then sharing a phone may work for you. I'm old enough to remember when you had little choice in sharing a phone in a household. And if you were on the road away from home, a payphone was your only option. So, I believe its possible for people to share a phone.

Well, well...here DB says that only ONE of the phones wasn't working, so that means one was.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lmy0Q5U_k&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lmy0Q5U_k&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I guess if your "super broke" and texting and talking doesn't mean a lot to you, then sharing a phone may work for you. I'm old enough to remember when you had little choice in sharing a phone in a household. And if you were on the road away from home, a payphone was your only option. So, I believe its possible for people to share a phone.

I hope that two new figures who emege today, per Jim Spellman, is. The person who placed the call and the person who received the cal. I have no hope that Lisa and abductor will emerge today.

At the very beginning, someone (I do believe it was a relative) posted in the comments of an article something to the effect of "that's not the only thing they took" when speaking about Lisa. Does anyone remember who that commenter was or which article?

I still think eight people using one cell phone sounds strange. Since so many people used the phone, was it always kept in one place, like in the living room or kitchen? Seems like it would be hard to share if people were taking it with them to different places. I’m very curious about MW and the people living in this “flop house.” I used to live in one of these kinds of places in my early twenties and there were definitely a lot of shady people in and out of there, lots of stealing and lots of drugs. I think back now and can’t believe I actually lived like that. :waitasec:

So I wonder if it was really true that her dad gave her his phone on the Sunday before? Just for the sake of speculation, what if something happened to Lisa because of DB and she called her dad for help. I would think he'd want his phone gone bye-bye too. And I am wondering if her phone was truly broken as she says it was.

I'm betting by "Broke", she meant "no service"...and was trying not to admit they didn't pay the bill.

That could mean that two of the phones were working, however.

Per DB's father, the phone loaned to DB by her grandfather couldn't store contact info, so she had to transfer that phone to her account in order to put that info into her phone.

Again, I know nothing about cell phones, but how does that work with an account restricted for non-payment? Do you just call the company and say, " Yeah, I know I haven't paid my bill, but I can still add a phone to this account, right? I can? Great."

Also, this broken phone of DB's. According to her father, the problem was a speaker cutting out or something. Okay. But that's not really a phone that doesn't operate in some capacity, is it? Do you need to be able to HEAR text messages?

SBM.

Depending on what kind of characters live there, maybe some of them technically could afford a phone of their own but prefer to take advantage of one that is paid for by somebody else whenever they get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46