Missing cell phones

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have no phones and no phone records (yet), how would they know a call or text was made except for the person making/receiving this info telling LE? Is there any other way they would know this at this time?

Right, so she may have had a wireless wifi connection via her computer. I assume if she was conducting any unsavory searches that evening, that she wouldn't have done it from the home computer since odds are LE would search the computer.

I wonder if it was possible that she did some web searches on one of the phones, related to whatever happened that night, and that's why she got rid of the phones and why LE is so adamant about finding them. What could be contained on the phone that they can't access via the carrier?

Web searches, maybe texts (if those were even allowable in the phones' restricted status)...what else?

Totally see where you are going with that and damn, what a smart idea. VERY possible reason why the phones could have gone missing.

If you have no phones and no phone records (yet), how would they know a call or text was made except for the person making/receiving this info telling LE? Is there any other way they would know this at this time?

My guess is that the parents have already gotten the records from their service provider.

Web searches can be looked up on a phone. the phone has a wireless address that connects remotely to the router - from what i have learned living with my spouse (osmosis).

If you can't shake it out of that tree, if it was google or yahoo search you can definitely search those companies (probably needs a legal notice to receive it) from the phones address.

All phones have a connection address. They all have serial numbers.

The phones for me are really strange in all aspects. The only thing I can think of is that someone other than the family members in the household had a phone, or held two of the phones, and anothers DNA is on it.

Otherwise - I am stumped!

If the phone was accessing the internet via a wireless connection in the house, it would be using the IP address of the router in the home. LE can get information on the IP address from the internet service provider.

If it was accessing the internet via another wireless connection in the neighbourhood, the only way to get that info is from the phone.

Since they had no phones due to non payment, is it possible they had no internet service either? Perhaps they were using free wifi from an unsecured connection in the area.

MOO

Okay, Kamille. Now I get what ppl are saying.

I just asked my tech savvy spouse about this and he agrees. The router to that connection would know that and only the phone connecting to it.

I see! *light bulbs go off*

Fwiw, my tech savvy DH said the same thing :)

A charged cell phone without service can still be used to reach 911. That is why we donate the old phones to spousal abuse programs.

I don't really understand why they do a "no fly" zone doing a search. Could someone explain that?

A charged cell phone without service can still be used to reach 911. That is why we donate the old phones to spousal abuse programs.

I don't really understand why they do a "no fly" zone doing a search. Could someone explain that?

you may have better luck with an answer over on the search thread. welcome to websleuths.

Some more food for thought regarding the cell phones.

DB claims there were three of them, 1 broken and 2 "working". Which was changed to 2 on restricted access due to non payment.

We've heard that DB got the second "working" phone from a family member, the day before at the birthday party?

So how was it that she was able to connect that donated phone to her service provider the next day when the bill wasn't paid? When or how did she do this?

If it was a smart phone, a transfer of the sim card would have worked but if it was not? What service was that phone connected to that day?

How long had they been without service? Did they know they could have used them to call 911 even though they were not able to call out to any other number? I was not aware of this. Were they? If you knew your phones were cut off and your husband had a work phone (wouldn't that have been the one they were using during the restricted period?) why wouldn't that one be the one you'd go to automatically to make a call?

MOO

Maybe that's what she meant about "reprogramming" them. She was simply copying one phones info into the other so that she could use the other phone that she was given.

My theory on the cell phones is that one or both phones pinged in the area of the dumpster fire on the night of the disappearance and in an area south of the house where searches have taken place. Then the last detected pings placed the phones back at the house that night and that ping did not change location after the baby was reported missing. Since, the family has not been back to the house, detectives believe the phones were hid someone at the home and are still there. I think they need to check all the neighbors yards and up and down that entire block.

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1225075619001/lisa-irwins-parents-claim-intruder-took-cell-phones[/ame]

Parents talk to Megyn Kelly with Fox News regarding missing cell phones. Police told parents the pings were close to home and asked them about an outgoing 2:30am phone call and other phone activity. DB says it had to be whomever took Lisa and the phones.

DB believes the police are supposed to lie to her to get a confession. DB has thought about doing her own investigation but, she "does not want to affect what they are doing."

Katana,
:seeya: thank YOU, we finally have confirmation about the 2:30am call and the pings being close to home.
Parents talk to Megyn Kelly with Fox News regarding missing cell phones. Police told parents the pings were close to home and asked them about an outgoing 2:30am phone call and other phone activity. DB says it had to be whomever took Lisa and the phones

What a quick answer Deborah gave about the cell phone pings---whoever took the phones made a phone call. :banghead:

The cell phones hold the key. D isn't a Rhodes Scholar, so where are those phones and where is Lisa???

imo

With so much talk about the phones, it seems appropriate to give them their own thread.

With so much talk about the phones, it seems appropriate to give them their own thread.

psst, sarx? They have one. :) ;)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151083"]Missing cell phones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I certainly need to try! I'm training my next one how to find my phone too!

Did the intruder pay the bill too in order to make that call? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member