Missing cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What up? No one's got the ex(s) names yet?

This completly has to tie into this case. IMO

This call did'nt randomly land there at this most precarious time. IMO

LOL, I'm sure most of us has the ex's name, we just can't post it :maddening:

Good point regarding the possibility her name was on an account for a phone that he actually used. Someone I knew a few years ago had the same situation with the number for the cell phone she used actually being registered to her grandmother.

MOO

Oh ok, so it's not verified that her phone means her personal phone which primarily she uses...possibly just one that's hers in the sense that it falls under her plan?

That is part of the plan in having said "kidnapper" also thief the phones so no one could call 911. Anything happening on those phones from 10:30 on is going to be attributed to the "kidnapper" IMO

Call me crazy, but if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to say who I think made that call, I think I would blurt out "Jeremy Irwin!". I can't give you anything solid to back that up, other than to say...I see him dialing that phone. What I can't seem to do is make sense of that feeling given the facts as they are being told. :banghead:

ETA: I'm sure I am going to regret saying this on forum. But...oh well.

Call me crazy, but if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to say who I think made that call, I think I would blurt out "Jeremy Irwin!". I can't give you anything solid to back that up, other than to say...I see him dialing that phone. What I can't seem to do is make sense of that feeling given the facts as they are being told. :banghead:

ETA: I'm sure I am going to regret saying this on forum. But...oh well.

It's crazy how things pull at your brain thinking about some of this.

She could have been programming the phone earlier that day and set it aside to work on later.

Pink hair phone lady sure didn't hesitate to throw her ex under the bus.

100% agree. She practically places him at the scene, IMO. She essentially says she knows nothing of the Irwin family, the "kidnapping," etc - except for that time her ex drove her through their neighborhood? As I alluded to above, I think she is carefully placing her statements. I'd do the same thing. If my name came up publicly, and I couldn't state the facts that would clear me - I'd lay it out there for others to connect the dots as well. I don't know who answered my phone. I have this ex boyfriend. And, we drove through Debbie's neighborhood. Now, connect the dots.. :) JMO

I was thinking that MW's phone number was programmed (saved as a contact) on the phone but maybe not.

Perhaps someone was going through the "recent calls" history on the phone and hit redial, on purpose or accidentally.

Right from the beginning the story of the cell phones being taken seemed odd to me. And how likely is it that a supposed complete stranger living just a few miles away gets a call from one of those very phones the same night that Baby Lisa goes missing? The call lasts for almost a minute, but the owner of the phone says she has no idea who answered her own phone. Huh? It all gets curiouser and curiouser.

As always, I'm sure LE knows much more than they are letting on. All I can hope is that they will be able to get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later.

I hope we hear more details about this phone call soon, but not counting on it. Only a few logical possibilities, imo.

1. MW directly connected to family
MW knows Debbi, Jeremy or Debbi's dad and one of them called her, she answered, and she is not revealing this to the press (and may or may not have told LE). But then, why go on national tv and lie rather than stay silent? Kind of a stretch, imo.

2. MW connected to non-family intruder/kidnapper
MW knows the supposed intruder who took the phones and the baby and he/she called MW after stealing them. Again, quite a stretch that a kidnapper would call someone who could lead right back to him/her (not to mention electronic tracking), imo.

3. MW connected to a yet-identified visitor at the Irwin house
MW knows someone who was at the Irwin house that night, but is not a relative of Debbi, Jeremy or Debbi's dad. That person picked up a phone lying on the counter and called MW; she either lied and answered it, someone else answered her phone for some reason, or it went to voice mail and no message was left. Or, the visitor picked up a phone off the counter and tried to call a third party but punched in MW's number by mistake. Possible - but we are being led to believe that no one but Debbi and the kids were at the house after the neighbor left.

4. MW unwittingly connected; clueless
MW knows jack about any of this. She loaned her phone to someone who is somehow connected (or someone lifted her phone without her knowledge and returned it later without her knowledge). That person gave someone at the Irwin house MW's number to call if the need arose. It arose. MW didn't take the call, doesn't know if it was answered, doesn't know that she knows anybody connected to Lisa, and has told LE all she knows. Possible, but still a stretch.

5. MW - Right number, wrong owner (change in phone number)
MW has a phone number that used to belong to a contact of Jeremy or Debbi's dad. Most likely Jeremy. Debbi had access to Jeremy's phone that night and was snooping and dialing while she waited for Jeremy to get home from work. MW didn't have her phone on her at the time and really had no idea that any call had been placed to her number until LE showed up at her door and told her that a call had been successfully transmitted. She's stumped. Possible (kind of like the Vasco DeGama debacle).

Nothing seems like it makes much sense. The fact that MW had been through the neighborhood before with an ex-boyfriend makes it less likely it was a wrong number and that no one associated with MW knows anyone associated with Lisa. But, it's certainly possible that there is no connection at all and MW having gone through the neighborhood in the past is a coincidence. No matter why MW's number was dialed, someone was able to call out on phones that were not supposed to be able to call out. WTH? Because we now know that at least one of the phones worked, I suspect there are more calls from that night/morning that we haven't yet heard about.

ALL JMO and thinking out loud... Perplexed.

Wait a second:

When MW states: "I received a phone call, well my phone did, the night that baby Lisa went missing," Megan Wright said. "It was apparently a 50 second phone call. I don't know who answered it or what was said or who was on the other end of the phone."

Could she mean that she doesn`t know who called the caller back? Did someone return the phone call to the sender?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...-brothers-canceled-attorney/story?id=14834151

You would think "reporters" would ask follow-up questions. I am really disappointed in the general reporting in this case.

How do we know for a fact that this call was the alleged 2:30 am call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153