Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I'm just sick. And he kept her alive until Friday. I can't even imagine the horror she went through. This kind of think will keep you up at night :( RIP Meredith.

My question is where did he keep her for that time.
There's no words really to describe him......Not from the human race.

Sick! Just sick over this creep and what he did to Meredith! Glad the creep was caught, thank goodness!

Did this monster really keep her alive until Friday?
Oh dear God!
Somehow I missed this.

As far as his dog goes, maybe he kept the dog so he would appear harmless. You don't expect violent men to be walking around with a dog. JMO

I haven't heard that they found a knife in his van. He may have a camp somewhere nearby.

Sick! Just sick over this creep and what he did to Meredith! Glad the creep was caught, thank goodness!

Me too, Liz. Well I know we all are.

I so prayed for a happy ending to this story. It's heart breaking.

Do we know this to be a fact now? If so, could you point me to the link?

I just read it on the AJC.com site, SS. She was alive until Friday.

From WSBtv.com:
QUOTE:
"In another development WSB-TV Channel 2 has learned the arrest warrant for Gary Michael Hilton said that Emerson, who disappeared on New Year's Day, was not killed until Friday. It appears Emerson was alive and held captive for three days.

"On January 4th, 2008, Gary Michael Hilton did unlawfully and with malice and forethought cause the death of another human being, Meredith Hope Emerson, by blunt force trauma to the head," said Dawson County District Attorney Lee Darragh."

I would imagine if there are any remote cabins in that area where she was found that they will check each of those out. I can see him knowing about old cabins, and weekend cabins, and abandoned cabins in the park areas that could be used for shelter and to hide..particularly if he left to go to the woods a few months ago. He probably had already scouted out several locations that were usable.

This is just so disheartening..I really wish we would go back to the old system prior to the early 80's for mental health patients. At that time if someone like him was frequenting dog parks, living homeless, scaring and shouting at strangers in the dog parks, he would have been taken in for an eval and then probably institutionalized or put in a group home. That all ended in the early 80's under a guise to treat the mentally ill fairly and incoperate them into communities. When that happened the homeless population exploded and theses people were not getting treatment in their communities because now they would have to request that treatment. They weren't with it enough to make that request..many had no family or friends to assist them. So they lose out no help and no shelter or meds..we lose out because as a society now we have to deal with the insane and the crimes they perpetrate on normal citizens. And I did work in that field for many years..it would have been better to spend money fixing the instiutions rather then doing away with them with no plan in place for so many ..or no plan they were capable of following.

When you look at the crimes being committed today you havve to feel that these people are totally insane to even consider something like this..I am not a proponenet of the insanity plea..to me all criminals are insane.

This man will have many other crimes and murders in his past..and they will not be pretty. I don't think he just recently escalated to this point..I think that happened long ago.. I think LE will be surprised how many murders on the East Coast in remote areas are tied to him

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG....there are no words. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Oh God!

Why did he have to go and kill her?

I hope against hope that he was trying to get money from her, not that she was tortured physically before she died. He looks so frail and old compared to her vibrant photos and videos. I can't comprehend how or why monsters like this hurt our daughters!!

I would imagine if there are any remote cabins in that area where she was found that they will check each of those out. I can see him knowing about old cabins, and weekend cabins, and abandoned cabins in the park areas that could be used for shelter and to hide..particularly if he left to go to the woods a few months ago. He probably had already scouted out several locations that were usable.

This is just so disheartening..I really wish we would go back to the old system prior to the early 80's for mental health patients. At that time if someone like him was frequenting dog parks, living homeless, scaring and shouting at strangers in the dog parks, he would have been taken in for an eval and then probably institutionalized or put in a group home. That all ended in the early 80's under a guise to treat the mentally ill fairly and incoperate them into communities. When that happened the homeless population exploded and theses people were not getting treatment in their communities because now they would have to request that treatment. They weren't with it enough to make that request..many had no family or friends to assist them. So they lose out no help and no shelter or meds..we lose out because as a society now we have to deal with the insane and the crimes they perpetrate on normal citizens. And I did work in that field for many years..it would have been better to spend money fixing the instiutions rather then doing away with them with no plan in place for so many ..or no plan they were capable of following.

When you look at the crimes being committed today you havve to feel that these people are totally insane to even consider something like this..I am not a proponenet of the insanity plea..to me all criminals are insane.

This man will have many other crimes and murders in his past..and they will not be pretty. I don't think he just recently escalated to this point..I think that happened long ago.. I think LE will be surprised how many murders on the East Coast in remote areas are tied to him

Excellent post and so very true. I, too, believe he escalated years ago and hide in plain sight in Atlanta. A decade ago people were complaining about his behavior towards park goers and LE was not following up. Possibly because other than being suspicious and mentally ill there was nothing that they could hold him on other than the 24 hour whatever it is called. Then, he would be out again.

I just read it on the AJC.com site, SS. She was alive until Friday.

From WSBtv.com:
QUOTE:
"In another development WSB-TV Channel 2 has learned the arrest warrant for Gary Michael Hilton said that Emerson, who disappeared on New Year's Day, was not killed until Friday. It appears Emerson was alive and held captive for three days.

"On January 4th, 2008, Gary Michael Hilton did unlawfully and with malice and forethought cause the death of another human being, Meredith Hope Emerson, by blunt force trauma to the head," said Dawson County District Attorney Lee Darragh."
Thanks!

I hope against hope that he was trying to get money from her, not that she was tortured physically before she died. He looks so frail and old compared to her vibrant photos and videos. I can't comprehend how or why monsters like this hurt our daughters!!

Sorry but he doesn't look fail to me...:waitasec:

Yes. No one is safe, our daughters, sons, well really none of us.

He does look old, worn and feeble, but we know he was easily angered, and he had weapons!
I wish someone would hve intervened when they noticed he and Meredith on the trails. So many reports have come out that people noticed how strange it seemed to see him with her several times over on the trails!

Why didn't the ex cop step in when he noticed them?

He doesn't look frail to me either. If you look at his arms and neck in the courtroom pics he is quite wiry but seemingly muscular. I would say he is very athletic to be able to climb mountain trails in Georgia...they are not for couch potatoes. Plus, he has those eyes that indicate fierceness.

This article here is a great great read, and has alot of different cases that have happened from Florida to Maine either near or in national parks and in the area of the Appalachian trail.

There are some cases of different people whom were decapitated and there is no suspect for sure.

The Winan and Williams case the investigators thought they had the right suspect but his DNA didn't match DNA from a hair from the duct tape. ( this one could be a very strong possibility....just IMO)........

http://labyrinth13.com/mirror/VirginiaMurders/index.htm

I havent looked around that whole site yet, but there could be more helpful info.....

Kel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member