Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching for any prior military experience. So far, I've only found generalizations... ie can't even tell the age. But, 2 did pop up that seemed interesting, and I'll be researching them further. One in NC and the other in GA. Both army-- NC has Ft Bragg (82 Airborne) and GA has Ft Stewart and Ft Benning- Benning is ranger training.

So, going to try to narrow those down further.

Going on the dog thing here - maybe long winded bear with me -

Someone - I can't recall who/where, my brain isn't functioning like that atm. But I thought it was referenced he may have been in the service at some point?

IF so..is there a way to find out what branch and what he did?

IF so, could he have been a k9 handler of some sort? Regardless if Dandy was originally his or not, everything/one has pointed that Dandy was/is WELL behaved, he's had to work with her/him in order to maintain that. Also, from accounts, he seems to be obsessed almost by well behaved dogs? I don't know..just a tangent? Anyone?

The military reference came right from the horses mouth. You'll have to go back to the police cam video to see exactly what he said, but it was something about parachuting.

jana -

not sure if that was an older post before the check or not, but sometime in 02 he was in Vegas based on name and ss number. Never been there, but does Vegas have trails/wilderness etc?

The military reference came right from the horses mouth. You'll have to go back to the police cam video to see exactly what he said, but it was something about parachuting.

K thanks, I haven't viewed the dash cam thingee - can someone give a brief summary for me?

I think it looks like he's wearing the beanie from the dashcam video. Can someone do a side by side? After seeing Hilton in the dashcam video, I think he is definitely the guy in the ATM pics in both the Bryant and Dunlap cases.

I agree. For some reason I had pictured Hilton as slow moving.. ill.. (from the MS reports) but he was lively in that video which really puts things into perspective. I thought that the ATM man in the bryant and Dunlap case looked like he had a younger man's build but Hilton has the same physique.

I think it looks like he's wearing the beanie from the dashcam video. Can someone do a side by side? After seeing Hilton in the dashcam video, I think he is definitely the guy in the ATM pics in both the Bryant and Dunlap cases.

Wow, it does look the same! I bet LE can figure out what the height is on the guys in the videos by the landmarks around him. That should tell them if he is worth looking into further.

Suzie....JINX!!

We had exactly the same thought.
His frame looks the same to me as well.

jana -

not sure if that was an older post before the check or not, but sometime in 02 he was in Vegas based on name and ss number. Never been there, but does Vegas have trails/wilderness etc?

There is a Military hospital with Vet services listed as near Gabbs, NV and there are TWO listings for Hilton I found but can't check on the dates.

I agree. For some reason I had pictured Hilton as slow moving.. ill.. (from the MS reports) but he was lively in that video which really puts things into perspective. I thought that the ATM man in the bryant and Dunlap case looked like he had a younger man's build but Hilton has the same physique.

Just as an aside... MS has many different phases. I have MS, and most people wouldn't know it, because I'm still very active. You have pain days, and less painfull days, and every once in a blue moon, you feel great.

If anyone has questions about how he could be handling all of this with MS, let me know, and hopefully I can answer them.

Tara's-dog-waits200.jpg

SuziQ,

I posted pictures of Taras yard from July 2006 on the Tara board, pictures thread.

In one of the pics Dolly Madison (her dog) is visible.

And there are pictures of the dog somewhere. Tara loved that dog. People close to Tara said no way would she ever leave that dog. He was found in her backyard.

Wow! I have been having computer troubles and you guys have been busy! Good job!

Solicitation could be simple panhandling depending on the laws in place. For example:

A panhandler considered aggressive or one who is caught panhandling without a license could face a $250 fine and 30 days in jail. These ordinances led police to arrest a homeless man on charges of improper solicitation after he asked a plainclothes officer for ten cents. According to Andy Erickson, of the GCCH, most of the panhandlers arrested are taken to jail because they cannot pay the initial fine. Police have made 155 arrests since the city council passed the license law.
http://www.nationalhomeless.org/publications/crimreport2004/meanestcities.html

So it probably doesn't have anything to do with solicitation as in felony crimes such as drugs, prostitution, etc.

As far as the SS number goes, GMH could have "sold" his to someone else because he is living off the grid anyway. What are the chances this creep uses his to pay taxes or for work?

The case of Winans/Williams while taking place in a wooded area doesn't seem to me to be connected to Hilton's MO of theft. (I read up on that last night and I just don't see it.)

After watching the video with the deputy, one thing jumped out at me. His comment of being on "field maneuvers". Could this become part of an Insanity defense? He thinks he is "scouting and killing the enemy" scenario? Not that I believe it is what he is actually thinking while committing such crimes because the video shows him to be very clear headed when he makes this statement. I didn't notice any reluctance of having the deputy near the van so I don't know where that came from. Still, it was only a week after the Bryant murders. They need to continue a search of the surrounding area to see if they can recover John Bryant.

Wikipedia on "field maneuvers"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_Maneuvers

I'm sure this isn't the only definition.

GMH sounds exactly like the crazy guy on our street. He's the same age. He was a Navy SEAL (or so he says). He's lean, mean and strong. He slinks through the old sewer system in the ravine in the park nearby. He wears sweaters in the summer. He carries a small caliber weapon in his pocket and shoots at mice and rats down in that same ravine. He is known as "Ratman" for that reason.

So far we haven't had any dead bodies around here, but it wouldn't surprise me some day.

Anyway, he's friendly with all the police around here and they just write him off as the local crazy.

I can certainly see how GMH got away with so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member