• Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started reading this blog. Horrible lists of missing or murdered ladies around the South.

There were two girls found off the Appalacian Trail not too long ago. Any one remember?

Didn't the news say Meredith had a baton also? They evidently use them to protect their dogs.

And wasn't it said that Meredith knew the guy and they had hiked together before? I thought it was odd that a 24 year old girl would be friends with a 61 year old--particularly since he wasn't family or long time family friend.

Keep up the good work.

This may be what you're looking for:http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=109301&provider=top

Comment by Glenn Adams
January 7th, 2008 at 8:43 pm
Jerry in Atlanta, I have been playing post tag with you for days now. You have contacts with the family, and I need some info please. Jerry, she could be anywhere betweeb Blood Mtn. and CunningIMO. I think that she is in a 5 mile area from where made the phone call to his X-boss at the Marble Hill Huddle House, and bought the duct tape and plastic wrap and dog food at the $ store.
These locations are only a block apart, with a 3 hour window. This along with spotting a white vehicle backed into the woods off a large field, 300 yds from a vacant house, 3 days after deer season ended, that would be on his route if he traveled back roads, is why I searched this area Sunday. Without my knowlege, when I called the Tip Line, they informed me the GBI & K9 units were searching 2 miles down river from my location. Officials have much more info than I do, but we were on the same wavelink.
I need to Know her brand of bottle water, If she kept wet wipes, and did she eat or feed her dog “Natural Organic Foods/in a yellow sack”?
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/07/open-thread-10/comment-page-2/

That's it from Gretawire..notice the date of the comment 1/7/08..yet the Huddle House wasn't mentioned until today in the news. Thank you for finding that info..there for a while I thought I had lost my mind..thank you

The other day in chat I said that the behavior and actions of the killer wreaked of past experience. Steve, I think as you do that there may be more victims and that he may have been murdering for years.

Many of us have heard that serial killers often begin their, "careers" in their early 20's and sometimes younger. I wonder how many stones LE will need to turn over to discover what other horrific crimes Hilton may have perpetrated.

It is not uncommon for serial killers to have had a past which includes arson, animal torture and bed-wetting. I wonder if there are any people from Hilton's past who are able to shed light on this man's past in this respect. I don't know if LE has records that go back that far, and if he has juvenile records they may be sealed. But, I find it hard to believe that the brutal and macabre murder of lovely Meredith was his first serious crime.

Lion

Just started reading this blog. Horrible lists of missing or murdered ladies around the South.

There were two girls found off the Appalacian Trail not too long ago. Any one remember?

Didn't the news say Meredith had a baton also? They evidently use them to protect their dogs.

And wasn't it said that Meredith knew the guy and they had hiked together before? I thought it was odd that a 24 year old girl would be friends with a 61 year old--particularly since he wasn't family or long time family friend.

Keep up the good work.

Meredith did not know this man. She was just being polite. After church choir rehearsal tonight a husband and wife who were part of the search team, who knew Meredith very well, talked about the search for her. Meredith didn't know Gary Hilton any better than we do. I can guarantee you that.

She was a bright, genuine young woman. To sit in the church choir I've been a member of for 4 years and hear two stalwart members speak about this case and the victim was a powerful and eye-opening experience for me.

I also found out why I kept looking at her photo after Meredith first vanished, thinking I'd seen her before. I had. She'd attended my church on holidays more than once, as she was very good friends with the 20-something son of the couple who talked about Meredith tonight.

Zelda, were you referring to a particular weblog, or to this site, Websleuths? Websleuths is a message board, an online forum -- a fundamentally different format from a blog.

Steve/Mr. A

It just hit me -- why I noticed that Bundy and Mr. Hilton were only two days apart in age. I was really trying to get at an idea of how long Gar-bear might have been at it.

The Tedster really started killing in earnest around age 21, though he may have started earlier. He may have killed way more than 40 women. And Ted only managed to elude authorities for a decade or so, all together.

I personally think Gary Hilton was disposed, prone to kill before Cheryl Hodges Dunlap, and that he did kill.

Think about it -- he had 30 years more than Ted did to do his terrible work. If Hilton did begin killing around age 25... my God.

It's a perspective I don't really want to have, you know?

Steve/Mr. A

Not to sound insensitive, but I keep thinking about the workload this is going to be for all of us! One of your commenters brought up Adam Walsh. At first I thought that was too far south geographically. Then I remembered the Miami-Dade theft charges. In 1981 Hilton would have been 34 years old. The prime age for a serial killer. This case is going to be tough, because like someone earlier posted, Florida is a graveyard anyways.

Not to sound insensitive, but I keep thinking about the workload this is going to be for all of us! One of your commenters brought up Adam Walsh. At first I thought that was too far south geographically. Then I remembered the Miami-Dade theft charges. In 1981 Hilton would have been 34 years old. The prime age for a serial killer. This case is going to be tough, because like someone earlier posted, Florida is a graveyard anyways.

SuziQ..I was on a topix comment site tonight and someone else there also brought up Adam Walsh as a possible vic because he was also decapitated. This man may have been doing this for the past 4 decades....and at the rate he was going lately if Dunlap is also his vic, and the Bryants that would mean 1 to 2 kills per 30 day stretch....hoping this was just a spree he was on ..that prior to that he was not as active.

SuziQ..I was on a topix comment site tonight and someone else there also brought up Adam Walsh as a possible vic because he was also decapitated. This man may have been during this for the past 4 decades....and at the rate he was going lately if Dunlap is also his vic, and the Bryants that would mean 1 to 2 kills per 30 day stretch....hoping this was just a spree he was on ..that prior to that he was not as active.

Adam Walsh.....wow, could it be? Wow.

SuziQ..I was on a topix comment site tonight and someone else there also brought up Adam Walsh as a possible vic because he was also decapitated. This man may have been doing this for the past 4 decades....and at the rate he was going lately if Dunlap is also his vic, and the Bryants that would mean 1 to 2 kills per 30 day stretch....hoping this was just a spree he was on ..that prior to that he was not as active.

What is the usual frequency for a serial killer? Even if you only have one a year, for Hilton that would be 40. One every other year would still be 20. Hard to comprehend the possibility.

What is the usual frequency for a serial killer? Even if you only have one a year, for Hilton that would be 40. One every other year would still be 20. Hard to comprehend the possibility.

It would vary depending on the individual serial killer and how their stress levels; environment is at the time.. If they are more stressed they will kill more it seems.

It would vary depending on the individual serial killer and how their stress levels; environment is at the time.. If they are more stressed they will kill more it seems.
sounds like hilton was maybe stressed for money so he started killing more frequently
he only got $300 from the Bryants right?
he's gotta have money to pay for gas driving all around the place kidnapping and killing people

I really don't think there is a 'frequency'..I mean look at BTK.

You guys keep up the good work. I have to get to bed - work tomorrow - which means trying to keep up the appearance of work, while I covertly keep up with ya'll!! God bless everyone involved in this horrible, horrible case. God help us make the necessary connections to see this guy fry, and to bring justice and closure for the other victims.

I have heard that stressful events can induce a serial killer to murder at a faster rate, at least temporarily. And, he may not have decapitated all of his victims however many there may be.

Lion

And he may not have been killing as frequently as it would seem now (if he is linked to some of these recent cases,Bryants, Dunlap) because then he may have done it for the enjoyment of the kill. Now it appears it is two fold kidnap and rob, then kill. These 3 cases are connected by the Nation Parks/ forests and the whole set up from start to finish seems the same. And during this time that he has not been working he has needed money. So that may have been what escalated his serial killings to spree killings. The waitress that was interviewed at the Huddle House said that he was polite to her, thank her for the use of the phone and that he had just gotten his job back. So is that what was motivating him these past few months..where as early it was merely for the kill..now he had a secondary motive..money?

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/09/huddle0110.html

He started dismembering and decapitating when he got familiar enough with just killing them (whenever he started off). He probably has been a thief since a young age, so stealing the atm cards just comes with the territory for him.
As for trying to find a pattern of whom he has killed, i'd imagine it would be difficult to figure out without having somewhat of his cooperation.
His first victims most likely wouldn't have been dismembered, and attacked so ferociously.

I always got the impression she had gotten home from the dog park. But it appears she was home then maybe went looking for her dog and vanished at the park. From the below linked article about Cayle Bywater:

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/011008/news_20080110058.shtml

Athens-Clarke police are reviewing photos to see if a pair of eyeglasses found Wednesday morning in Memorial Park belong to Cayle Bywater, a 29-year-old Athens woman who disappeared almost two weeks ago and was last seen at the park.
A woman and her child who were playing at the park found the glasses under a bush near a walking trail, according to Sal Andino, Bywater's stepfather.
Bywater last was seen chasing her dog near Memorial Park about 5:30 p.m. Dec. 29. The back door of her South Milledge Avenue home was found open and she seemed to be in the middle of burning CDs on her computer when she left the house. Her keys, wallet and cell phone were left with her car at her house. She missed her shifts at Aroma's Wine Bar at Five Points Dec. 29 and Dec. 30, and was reported missing Dec. 31.

Maybe the US Forestry agent who spoke with Hilton on the 28th of Dec spooked him...so he ran North towards Atlanta. Kidnapped Bywater at the park, realized she had no money on her..since the ID everything else is back at her house, and then just killed her. He would be desperate now for money so he goes to the National Park thinking to accost a day hiker who would have money and a wallet with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers