Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear those ads ....

First I see this sad list of missing persons on the right hand side...

and then the ad goes (translation):

"This is why you need burial insurance!"

:fencefall:

another one:

"Do you want to stop sniffing coke? Let us help you"

:gaah:

And I just got it for the first time! I just clicked the double arrows, and it went back to normal. :)

Excellent! What a roller coaster....NOOOOOOOOOOO, it's back...... YES!!!!!!! I can make it go away.
Thanks, Dave!!

I don't see the sidebar box when logged in. I opened up a second browser (Chrome) without logging on and it's there with no double arrows to close it.

I am experiencing the same problem. On the right hand side is missing persons, true crime radio and advertising. Everything on the left is squished. If I log in and hit the double arrow it goes back to normal. Is this going to be the normal in that one must be logged in?

ETA: not a mobile user

I was seeing it even with being logged on. It's such a relief to have things back to normal. I posted screen shots of what I was dealing with in the hardware/software forum. It literally cut my screen in half because I keep my text magnified at 150% to be able to read. My threads were 4" wide, and my PM's were 2" wide. I was ready to head to bed early and someone fixed it. Thank you for hearing us.

Ditto. I hate this. Pls make it stop asap. I now only have half a screen with thread listings.

ETA: never mind, I found the "double arrows" make it go away.

I'm on an iPad using regular not mobile view. I hate it. Very user unfriendly. If it stays it will greatly reduce the time I spend on WS. Thread titles are even smaller than they are since the last update .

I am experiencing the same problem. On the right hand side is missing persons, true crime radio and advertising. Everything on the left is squished. If I log in and hit the double arrow it goes back to normal. Is this going to be the normal in that one must be logged in?

ETA: not a mobile user

Membership has its privileges. How would the system know you are a member if you do not log in. Having a different feature list for members and guests is neither new at Websleuths, nor any other website you go to everyday.

I'm on an iPad using regular not mobile view. I hate it. Very user unfriendly. If it stays it will greatly reduce the time I spend on WS. Thread titles are even smaller than they are since the last update .

Title font sizes have NOT been changed.

If you do not like the sidebar that is fine. You have the ability to change it for yourself. Again, read the thread, it is all there.

Membership has its privileges. How would the system know you are a member if you do not log in. Having a different feature list for members and guests is neither new at Websleuths, nor any other website you go to everyday.

Just me, but personally I do not like to log in every time I visit here. Without logging in it is almost impossible to read here.:gaah:

This has been turned back on for all but mobile users. If you are a user that must enlarge your view due to bad vision, you may close the sidebar by clicking the double arrow near the top.

Terrific! Thank you, Dave!

Title font sizes have NOT been changed.

If you do not like the sidebar that is fine. You have the ability to change it for yourself. Again, read the thread, it is all there.

True. I use 100%, the same as anybody with 20/20 vision.

Everything went all screwy last night, then was back to normal, and is all screwy again. Where are the 2 small arrows?

Everything went all screwy last night, then was back to normal, and is all screwy again. Where are the 2 small arrows?

See wayyyy over on the right hand side? Click the double arrows and it will go back to normal

WS arrows.jpg

quick fix; click the 2 arrows to the right of the MP box >> it will go away.
I had clicked the arrows in the MP box to make it collapse but there was no need to do that.

attachment.php

I only get a full page if I'm logged in & click the arrows on the right hand side. There's no arrows to collapse the other side of the screen when not logged in. Absolutely horrible to read a long thought out post. Scroll, scroll & keep on scrolling to read.

On a pc with no zoom @ 100%. Hope this gets fixed! Good luck Dave!

I only get a full page if I'm logged in & click the arrows on the right hand side. There's no arrows to collapse the other side of the screen when not logged in. Absolutely horrible to read a long thought out post. Scroll, scroll & keep on scrolling to read.

On a pc with no zoom @ 100%. Hope this gets fixed! Good luck Dave!

Pretty sure he addressed that before; you have to log in in order to fix it.

Sure is a lot of empty space as it stands. Having the post revert back to full size after you scroll past the adds would help.

Pretty sure he addressed that before; you have to log in in order to fix it.

Oh, I got it when he addressed it, but I was expressing my opinion on it only and that is I don't like it. You have to be logged in...so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap