Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KG's parents seem very pleased with and optimistic of her recovery progress. I think the word they used to describe it was "amazed". Perhaps a positive attitude helps them. JMO
Naturally they are keeping a positive attitude, and thankful for every bit of progress that she makes.

I would have accepted whichever decision the judge made. There are no winners in this sad case. I hope that justice will be served, and that both girls can hopefully recover from this and go on to have full and productive lives. I do realize it likely will be much more of a struggle for KG, but in her father's care, hopefully she will make it. JMO
When her parents pass away, who will care for her special needs? Maurnice?

When her parents pass away, who will care for her special needs? Maurnice?
She may well take care of herself. People live with TBIs every day, and not all of them need long-term supervision or custodianship. Just look at Richard Hammond. Had a serious TBI in a high speed crash. Also had major problems with short term memory and such. Long stint in hospital. Didn't know what his outcome would be.

His long term effects? Likes celery now, where he didn't before, and has a better facility with numbers than he used to. He's a bit of a knob, but unfortunately the crash didn't fix that.

KG's outcomes cannot be predicted this early, but having a TBI doesn't automatically mean she's going to need long term supports.

Look at Malala Yousafzai. She got shot in the head with a rifle at point blank range. She also had part of her skull removed to ease pressure. She went to university after that.

KG is young, her brain is more flexible to rerouting than an older person, and even older people's brains are amazing.

And people who are left with serious long term effects can live amazing lives. Watch My Beautiful Broken Brain and see Lotje's view on things.

MOO

I have no clue...

But, I would guess, JMOO, that KG's willing participation in the altercation played a role in the judge's decision to keep this case in the juvenile system.

While I think that was the correct decision, given the circumstances, it means we won't get too much more information and specifics about what led up to the fight.
IMO, it doesn’t matter who chose to participate in the fight or for what reason. Fighting is wrong, dangerous and doesn’t solve anything.
MD had her down, easily I might add. KG was no longer a threat to her.
It’s when MD made the choice to continually slam her head into the pavement, that’s the key here. At THAT is what the judge should have focused on in his decision for juvenile or adult punishment. Not the fact that they were both in the wrong to fight, that’s a given. The main thing is one came out unscathed, the other permanently disabled. IMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

KG may or may not have lifelong effects. No one knows, and certainly none of us do. Nothing in the link you wish to educate us with says that every person with TBI suffers lifelong changes, but only expresses the likelihood of experiencing the various conditions, which are significant. To the previous poster's comment that "KG will not be the KG that she was. There's no going around that", it must be pointed out that "the KG that she was" is largely the reason that she got into the fight that left her the KG that she is now. She was clearly an angry and troubled teen whose life appeared to be headed in the wrong direction, based on her own father's comments that she had been regularly having altercations at school, and we know there was at least one suspension, and perhaps others.

KG may very well recover enough to have a full and productive life, and I hope that she does. She certainly has made remarkable progress thus far. Unlike some here, I wish the same for MD, who also will pay whatever penalty a judge determines, that is far more qualified to make that determination, than is any of us here, is fair in the eyes of the law. She also will have to live with the knowledge that her impulsive actions in rage very possibly could have cost another person their life. Both young ladies may require behavioral therapy, but both may be able to move forward from this sad chapter in their lives. We should all hope so. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
KG may or may not have lifelong effects. NO one knows, and certainly none of us do. Nothing in the link you wish to educate us with says that every person with TBI suffers lifelong changes, but only expresses the likelihood of experiencing the various conditions, which are significant. To the previous poster's comment that "KG will not be the KG that she was. There's no going around that", it must be pointed out that "the KG she was" is largely the reason that she got into the fight that left her the KG that she is now. She was clearly an angry and troubled teen whose life appeared to be headed in the wrong direction, based on her own father's comments that she had been regularly having altercations at school, and we know there was at least one suspension, and perhaps others.

KG may very well recover enough to have a full and productive life, and I hope that she does. She certainly has made remarkable progress thus far. Unlike some here, I wish the same for MD, who also will pay whatever penalty a judge determines, that is far more qualified to make that determination, than is any of us here, is fair in the eyes of the law. She also will have to live with the knowledge that her impulsive actions in rage very likely could have cost another person their life. Both young ladies may require behavioral therapy, but both may be able to move forward from this sad chapter in their lives. We should all hope so. JMO

I can't second this post enough! Agree with everything you've said.

If Kaylee dies I absolutely believe homicide charges are in order.
Hopefully she can fully recover !
I 100% agree with you. Surely this girl knew what she was doing when she was beating the victims head into the ground in such a manner. If you are big enough to carry out the act, you need to understand the consequences.

I 100% agree with you. Surely this girl knew what she was doing when she was beating the victims head into the ground in such a manner. If you are big enough to carry out the act, you need to understand the consequences.
Totally agree. MD will waltz away while KG and her family ( emphasis on family) will attempt to take their live child and help her to become a productive adult. Meanwhile, others celebrate her miraculous recovery and assume that means she is all better and ready to hit the ground running.

I believe by the time everything goes to court, the judge will sentence her to the custody of DJJ. But it will be equal to the time she has been detained already. IMO that is appropriate. May both girls go on to reach their full potential.
I believe you are correct and in my humble opinion it disgusts me to my core

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

KG may or may not have lifelong effects. No one knows, and certainly none of us do. Nothing in the link you wish to educate us with says that every person with TBI suffers lifelong changes, but only expresses the likelihood of experiencing the various conditions, which are significant. To the previous poster's comment that "KG will not be the KG that she was. There's no going around that", it must be pointed out that "the KG that she was" is largely the reason that she got into the fight that left her the KG that she is now. She was clearly an angry and troubled teen whose life appeared to be headed in the wrong direction, based on her own father's comments that she had been regularly having altercations at school, and we know there was at least one suspension, and perhaps others.

KG may very well recover enough to have a full and productive life, and I hope that she does. She certainly has made remarkable progress thus far. Unlike some here, I wish the same for MD, who also will pay whatever penalty a judge determines, that is far more qualified to make that determination, than is any of us here, is fair in the eyes of the law. She also will have to live with the knowledge that her impulsive actions in rage very possibly could have cost another person their life. Both young ladies may require behavioral therapy, but both may be able to move forward from this sad chapter in their lives. We should all hope so. JMO
Disagree vehemently. This equalization thought process supports the “ self defense” theory on the part of MD. She agreed to the fight. She arrived at the fight. She carried out a fight that nearly killed a person. Slippery slope we are on folks. In my humble opinion of course

Disagree vehemently. This equalization thought process supports the “ self defense” theory on the part of MD. She agreed to the fight. She arrived at the fight. She carried out a fight that nearly killed a person. Slippery slope we are on folks. In my humble opinion of course

She's not the only one who agreed to the fight, nor is she the only one who showed up for it, she's not even the one that threw the first punch!.

MD 100% lost control and went too far, almost beyond the point of no return, there's no denying that, but we have no idea in what way this has changed her, how it will affect the trajectory of her life. We have no idea if she feels genuine remorse and will use that as a way to do better in the future.

It's my opinion that both girls share some blame in this instance and both have the consequences of their actions to deal with.
I can only hope that their paths now lead them to better things. Kaylee especially appears to have been on a very destructive path thus far, and I hope now she is given every opportunity to reach her full potential and really make something of herself as her recovery continues, more than that, I hope she grasps them with both hands and shoes the world what she has to offer, I wish her a full recovery and the very best for the future.

I don't believe that MD is a savage t**g either, and I don't think this should define her. She is going to get another chance to live a good life, and make the right decisions, I hope she doesn't squander it either.

JMO

She's not the only one who agreed to the fight, nor is she the only one who showed up for it, she's not even the one that threw the first punch!.

MD 100% lost control and went too far, almost beyond the point of no return, there's no denying that, but we have no idea in what way this has changed her, how it will affect the trajectory of her life. We have no idea if she feels genuine remorse and will use that as a way to do better in the future.

It's my opinion that both girls share some blame in this instance and both have the consequences of their actions to deal with.
I can only hope that their paths now lead them to better things. Kaylee especially appears to have been on a very destructive path thus far, and I hope now she is given every opportunity to reach her full potential and really make something of herself as her recovery continues, more than that, I hope she grasps them with both hands and shoes the world what she has to offer, I wish her a full recovery and the very best for the future.

I don't believe that MD is a savage t**g either, and I don't think this should define her. She is going to get another chance to live a good life, and make the right decisions, I hope she doesn't squander it either.

JMO
A bullied individual has the right to report the bullying to the school, report the continued bullying and threats to police, and defend themselves if physically attacked. They DO NOT have the right to agree to a group fight and slam someones brain into the concrete whilst their family spouts that they were attacked at a bus stop. I choose not to believe that KG got what she deserved. That is my opinion.

A bullied individual has the right to report the bullying to the school, report the continued bullying and threats to police, and defend themselves if physically attacked. They DO NOT have the right to agree to a group fight and slam someones brain into the concrete whilst their family spouts that they were attacked at a bus stop. I choose not to believe that KG got what she deserved. That is my opinion.

I never said Kaylee got what she deserved. She didn't deserve it, that doesn't mean that we should ignore her behaviour in the lead up to the fight.
Kaylee chose to fight too, MD didn't rock up to fight by herself!.
They both made stupid decisions and they both share blame for turning up to an arranged fight, KG was not an innocent victim.

All of that said, MD is the one responsible for her actions once KG threw her punch, no denying that and she will have to deal with the consequences. Very lucky for her that her charges weren't much worse, and especially for her conscience that she doesn't have to live with somebody's death on it for the rest of her life.

Again, my point wasn't that Kaylee got what she deserved, she absolutely didnt deserve it, It was that both girls made stupid decisions that had tragic consequences but both have been given a second chance and hopefully they can both learn from it and be better!.

I never said Kaylee got what she deserved. She didn't deserve it, that doesn't mean that we should ignore her behaviour in the lead up to the fight.
Kaylee chose to fight too, MD didn't rock up to fight by herself!.
They both made stupid decisions and they both share blame for turning up to an arranged fight, KG was not an innocent victim.

All of that said, MD is the one responsible for her actions once KG threw her punch, no denying that and she will have to deal with the consequences. Very lucky for her that her charges weren't much worse, and especially for her conscience that she doesn't have to live with somebody's death on it for the rest of her life.

Again, my point wasn't that Kaylee got what she deserved, she absolutely didnt deserve it, It was that both girls made stupid decisions that had tragic consequences but both have been given a second chance and hopefully they can both learn from it and be better!.
Nailed it!

MD will pay, just not in the adult system.

KG is already paying, and hopefully, this will turn her away from violence.

Our justice system wasn't supposed to be an eye for an eye but rather a balanced and humane way to ensure fairness, rehabilitation, and the protection of society.

The juvenile system is designed with the goal of rehabilitating young offenders, providing them with the support and guidance needed to reintegrate into society as responsible and productive individuals.

MD is about as good a candidate for rehabilitation as I've ever seen. I wish both girls the very best.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back