Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you care to define the "horse mafia " please ?

Referring to the horse mafia Dale. I was speaking in terms of a monster by the name of Silas Jayne - Wikipedia.

Jayne was the leader of the Chicago horse mafia, and he was famous for making people disappear back in the 60s and 70s, but I dont think that Sherrel ever dated Jayne or bought any horses from him. So I guess we can rule him out as a suspect.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I can see it being revenge over a rejected sexual advance by someone Sherrill wasn’t interested in. But I doubt that person planned anything out in advance.

IMO, I can see it being a revenge motive initiated by some dumb moves by three young men with connections to drug dealers and fences that went South. All three of them did too. A couple had some interesting things to say near or around the crime scene according to the TV and printed press accords from those days. Their peripheral acquaintances are of prime interest in my opinion.

Did any further information ever come out as to who the (possible) men were who dined with the women at the restaurant (George’s)?

Wasn’t this story corroborated by a waitress and two or three separate individuals?

Did any further information ever come out as to who the (possible) men were who dined with the women at the restaurant (George’s)?

Wasn’t this story corroborated by a waitress and two or three separate individuals?
I thought it was just the waitress and no one else there could corroborate?

"The police delved into this information and were able to find the other customers eating at these hours to help corroborate the claims. Sadly, the waitress’s statement couldn’t be corroborated and was officially considered unreliable. "
Insight Into the Springfield Three – True Crime Articles

Last edited:
I thought it was just the waitress and no one else there could corroborate?

"The police delved into this information and were able to find the other customers eating at these hours to help corroborate the claims. Sadly, the waitress’s statement couldn’t be corroborated and was officially considered unreliable. "
Insight Into the Springfield Three – True Crime Articles

Maybe I misread at some point, but I could have sworn I read an article claiming the waitress identified the three women, and that law enforcement eventually received (2 or 3) phone calls saying they saw the women there as well.

Edited, either way, it would be interesting if the waitress was ever shown a collection of POIs, etc.

What was Mike H.'s relationship with Suzie - did he hang out with Suzie much when he was with Janelle? What was Mike K.'s alibi?

Maybe I misread at some point, but I could have sworn I read an article claiming the waitress identified the three women, and that law enforcement eventually received (2 or 3) phone calls saying they saw the women there as well.

Edited, either way, it would be interesting if the waitress was ever shown a collection of POIs, etc.

I wouldn't dismiss the sighting at George's.

I would. Timeline wouldn't add up if they didn't arrive to Delmar til around/after two. I've tried to find any other corroboration of this sighting and can't.

What timeline?

IMO, I can see it being a revenge motive initiated by some dumb moves by three young men with connections to drug dealers and fences that went South. All three of them did too. A couple had some interesting things to say near or around the crime scene according to the TV and printed press accords from those days. Their peripheral acquaintances are of prime interest in my opinion.
I thought you blamed a Motorcycle Club?

Are you talking about the Grand Jury 3?

I agree with this post.

BINGO!

Many officers didn’t find the George’s sighting credible... they likely interviewed all customers and found who the woman thought was Suzie.

Many officers???

When you are investigating a cold case ozark trail, the goal is to start fresh. Not follow the same trail, and make the same mistakes that were made by the original Investigators. A lot of cold cases are solved because the new investigators expose the mistakes made by the previous.

Many officers???

When you are investigating a cold case ozark trail, the goal is to start fresh. Not follow the same trail, and make the same mistakes that were made by the original Investigators. A lot of cold cases are solved because the new investigators expose the mistakes made by the previous.
As Janis told the papers, everyone looking at this case with new eyes should look at things rooted in fact. The George’s sighting isn’t factual nor credible. Different women were at the restaurant. Waitress confused. Timeline doesn’t add up either.

Waste of time.

Last edited:
The sighting at the steakhouse was also reported as that they were with three young men, if I'm not mistaken. And I seem to remember something about Sherrill being dressed in "western" clothing.. doesn't seem to ring true with her at all.

The sighting at the steakhouse was also reported as that they were with three young men, if I'm not mistaken. And I seem to remember something about Sherrill being dressed in "western" clothing.. doesn't seem to ring true with her at all.
I think the woman misremembered and may have remembered a different night they were there. Det. Neal said everyone in the restaurant was interviewed and they didn’t corroborate the waitress’s story. (Source: Disappeared). There’s no way the women were there between 1-3am like she claims. Not with two of them in Battlefield area at 2:15 or so. Woman claimed they all arrived together and left together.

I’m more interested in the suspicious vehicle at the Signal station than bogus George’s tip.

Last edited:
I thought you blamed a Motorcycle Club?

Well, how about 77 pounds of meth and 6 pounds of heroin conviction early Spring last year by a Club member and a Joplin raid of an Associate Club 2018 for the same stuff and multiple weapons transport ? Do you believe this stuff stops and that's not a reason to kill someone ? It doesn't have to be involvement of a person, it's knowledge that might get be a bad determinant .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli