Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a huge hole that makes zero sense. Probably has something to do with the cops going back numerous times to question Janelle. After all, it is only about 45 minutes to Branson. How many times would they realistically be expected to go down that water slide? I’ve been to Branson a dozen or more times. The highlight of my day was going home to Springfield.

I could see jealousy as a viable motive. And why was Mr. McCall saying that Stacy didn’t have permission yo fo to the Delmar address.

With all the talk of Stacy being in the wrong place at the wrong time, from the McCall's perspective the it would make sense to associate some blame to the Delmar house and even to its residents. The McCalls might have been upset that Stacy told them she was staying the night at one friend's house and her car is at another friends home the next day. If you are on your parents car insurance as a teen they tend to not want you doing anything risky. Even if you are sober driving around when many people have been drinking could put you at risk as well as your car. This was my experience at least.

With all the talk of Stacy being in the wrong place at the wrong time, from the McCall's perspective the it would make sense to associate some blame to the Delmar house and even to its residents. The McCalls might have been upset that Stacy told them she was staying the night at one friend's house and her car is at another friends home the next day. If you are on your parents car insurance as a teen they tend to not want you doing anything risky. Even if you are sober driving around when many people have been drinking could put you at risk as well as your car. This was my experience at least.

I could be totally off base as in a different country and I was a child when this happened but i also got a sense of snobbery that Suzie and Sherrill were probably looked down upon. A broken home and Suzie had moved out to live with a boyfriend when she was barely a adult and then moved back home and issues with a alcoholic brother.

So maybe McCalls didn’t want their daughter around those kind of people as people always gossip as well.

IMO

It still sounds like the girls didn't want everyone to know where they were really going. That might explain the girl with the wet shirt at an odd time frame. It was mentioned previously that the teenagers would go to some body of water near there to party. What is that body of water and how far is it from Delmar house? That would be a good area to search in.

Walter "Jake" James Kenney

Soo , Nigel’s uncle was Cheryl Kenney’s husband , when she disappeared .
How weird is it that your aunt goes missing and never found and then a year later your best friend does too ? And her mother Sherrill ?

I don’t think they’re related , more likely Rush & Chaney with Darby & Hammond similar disappearances .

Then he passes away at a young 57.

I wondered the same thing last year. The odds of one person, Nigel, knowing so many people who simply "vanished" have to be pretty steep. It's an interesting coincidence.

Here's something that's always puzzled me:
When Mike and Janelle show up at E. Delmar and no one is in the house, why is it assumed the missing women walked somewhere to eat?
I'd think it would be more logical to assume else someone stopped by and took them somewhere to eat.

In either case, leaving purses and cigarettes would be odd.
I don't know why - I just have the feeling some people knew something was wrong early on. Not that they were involved or even necessarily knew what had happened - but they had reasons to be suspicious.

When Mike and Janelle show up at E. Delmar and no one is in the house, why is it assumed the missing women walked somewhere to eat?
I'd think it would be more logical to assume else someone stopped by and took them somewhere to eat.

I don't know why - I just have the feeling some people knew something was wrong early on. Not that they were involved or even necessarily knew what had happened - but they had reasons to be suspicious.

Yes I agree 100%

let’s not forget Janelle and her boyfriend definitely knew the at lease one of the grave robbers. I’m not convinced Suzie going to the cops didn’t cause a ton of gossip within their peer group. So why wouldn’t you be suspicious when you walked though that house that morning?

All signs pointed to the fact the women should of been home and yet were not so that would raise eyebrows to any moral functioning person. Let’s not forget even if Janelle was a complete and utter idiot then why would her boyfriend then not say “ hold on this doesn’t add up” ?!

Are we meant to believe both where totally devoid of common sense ?

I'm replying to myself since the edit button isn't cooperating. It occurs to me that 4 or 5 missing women, unsolved cases, is a lot. It doesn't mean that Nigel's uncle was involved, but looking at these cases together might illuminate other points of contact, other places where these circles intersect.

I wondered the same thing last year. The odds of one person, Nigel, knowing so many people who simply "vanished" have to be pretty steep. It's an interesting coincidence.

That a fact? Suzie’s best friend Nigel’s uncle was Cheryl Kenney’s husband?

That’s one heck of

I have had the same questions.

Let me throw out a plausible scenario, IMO.

At that party where most everyone were getting well juiced up there may have been an outsider but of the same age approximately. Janelle caught wind of this and in fact may have seen he or his car near her house. At or about that time his car drove off in the direction where Suzie lived.

Or, alternatively, there may have been some classmate who had a reputation of being overly aggressive in his pursuit of his female classmates.

Now I have no idea what was on her mind but she may have been concerned. That would be a logical reason to check so early. Something certainly seemed to be bothering her.

There must have been some reason why she checked so early. What was it?

I have no clue why she would have been crying in the back seat of her boyfriend’s car. And why would she show up with a wet bathing suit under her street clothes?

Last edited:
Walt is survived by nieces and nephews, Heather Bryant and husband, Randy and family, K. Nigel Holderby and husband, Nigel and family, Bathsheba Cantrell and family, Taylor Tankersley and Jessica Tankersley; and girlfriend, Sonya, of Walker.

Sounds like his wife after Cheryl died .

That a fact? Suzie’s best friend Nigel’s uncle was Cheryl Kenney’s husband?
I went back to verify what I had found last year. The Nevada Daily Mail article from two days after Cheryl's disappearance mentions her husband "Walter" several times. The Vernon County Recorder doesn't have marriage licenses online but does have a real estate record reflecting both Cheryl and Walter J (albeit misspelled) as Grantees. So I'm pretty sure she was married to a Walter at the time of her disappearance. As for the link to Nigel, if you find her on FB you'll confirm her maiden name was Kenney, her Dad is James (Walter's brother) and both James and Walter are/were also on FB (Walt had two different profiles). Nigel also posted the following on FB right after Walt's death:

"While we will forever hold these memories, it is so hard to think that suddenly they are all we have. My heart is broken to have to say "Peace Out, Uncle Dude." Walt J. Kenney, you were absolutely the coolest; you'll be missed immensely."

I'm pretty certain Cheryl Kenney was Nigel's aunt.

I went back to verify what I had found last year. The Nevada Daily Mail article from two days after Cheryl's disappearance mentions her husband "Walter" several times. The Vernon County Recorder doesn't have marriage licenses online but does have a real estate record reflecting both Cheryl and Walter J (albeit misspelled) as Grantees. So I'm pretty sure she was married to a Walter at the time of her disappearance. As for the link to Nigel, if you find her on FB you'll confirm her maiden name was Kenney, her Dad is James (Walter's brother) and both James and Walter are/were also on FB (Walt had two different profiles). Nigel also posted the following on FB right after Walt's death:

"While we will forever hold these memories, it is so hard to think that suddenly they are all we have. My heart is broken to have to say "Peace Out, Uncle Dude." Walt J. Kenney, you were absolutely the coolest; you'll be missed immensely."

I'm pretty certain Cheryl Kenney was Nigel's aunt.
She is without a doubt . I posted his obituary she’s named as his niece . Post #475.

Nigel was likely the last visitor to Delmar , before the abductors arrived .

Imagine if she spent the night , instead of Stacey .

Well that’s part of the mystery as Suzie had plans with her originally and Suzie let her down last minute.

The whole night seems a complete mess of changing plans time and time again.

Well that’s part of the mystery as Suzie had plans with her originally and Suzie let her down last minute.

The whole night seems a complete mess of changing plans time and time again.

When I first started looking at this case I thought Suzie's plans were last minute to go out. I was under the impression that Nigel and her boyfriend stopped over to bring a cake and to congratulate Suzie. I thought Nigel was a little older (is she?) and that she was with her boyfriend, so even if they were going out Suzie might have been or felt like a third wheel. Because Sherrill is also missing there isn't someone that can speak to Suzie's plans for that evening. We don't know the things her mom would.

On another note, teenagers going to graduation parties often don't have clear plans. People have relatives in their homes or visiting, so kids are expected to make an appearance at their own parties they also might want to celebrate with friends. Kids often go from house to house and end up sleeping with whoever has room. I'm surprised parents and police weren't more concerned about drinking and driving.
moo

Janis has usually said she was surprised when she entered the Streeter/Levitt home and found people there without Sherrill being in the house. She's mentioned thinking about how Sherrill would probably be upset to find people hanging out in her house when she came home. I took that to mean she didn't think Sherrill was with Suzie and Stacy. I could be wrong. If Janis called after she realized Stacy wasn't with Janelle and slept over at a different place than she claimed she would be she possibly referring to Stacy, and Suzie and maybe any other potential friends? Could Janis have paged them at the water park? Was that possible?

Oh you mean if it was possible to call the friend that worked at the water park? Well, she could have made a phone call to the place saying she had to talk with an employee because it was an emergency and somone let her talk with the friend. Who knows...

You know when you were a kid at the pool and someone was looking for you, you would be called to the office or front desk over speakers, to let your friend in or answer a call. Malls sometimes did similar things. I would guess people getting split up from family or friends at a water park would be pretty common, so could they have pages Stacy and friends over speakers? That doesn't always mean people are paying attention or willing to get out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member