Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“ people rag “ is Riddled with inaccuracies , horrible program for facts . If it raises more awareness for the 3MW , great .

Richard , I agree with you I’ve never heard teenish before . As discussed in the other thread I’d think they would have played the tapes of the spfd crank caller for JK and JM to see if he sounded familiar .

It is not that important how accurate the program was, but the “teenish” comment came from Janis if I recall correctly. That is new, and I think potentially very important. I believe there were other obscene calls made as well. Asher also emphases that call.

My surmise is that the “teenish” caller was repeatedly calling to determine when the crime scene was discovered. That is pure speculation on my part. It may also that he was within a line of sight to the Delmar home and placed the call then for reasons unknown. I wish any future programs go over these facts so we have an accurate understanding.

This case needs new eyes. In my opinion, if Asher did his job this case would have been solved.
My point was that Asher worked the case so his facts about the case are at least correct. His detective skills aren't important. Fresh Eyes have pored the case many times in 28 years and haven't really helped much. So that's why I want the facts of the case. So I can make my own judgement. I will post the part of the article on the Cassville dig that interested me most in the next post.

Last edited:
The Cassville dig had investigators not named Asher (FWIW). He was off the case for years. Cpl. Higdon and Sgt. Mike Owen took over and their new "fresh eyes" at the time led to the same people related to Garrison. Here's the important part of the article surrounding Cassville area dig. (Hood farm)

While the lab results yielded nothing that could be used in court, Moore and others said clothing and other items were seized and there was a gag order slapped on this as well. That tells me it's meaningful.

Attachments

• cassville.PNG
    cassville.PNG
    245.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I have asked Mr. Clay many times to ask Mr. Recla to put forth his version of events. My understanding is that he just wants to remain in the background as is his right.

To my knowledge, Mr. Riedel has never spoken about this case. My understanding is that he was not in town the night the women were abducted and presumably murdered. I have heard second hand, uncorroborated information about him but in the final analysis I
believe all three are not in any way involved.

At this time I don’t believe the vandalism was the cause. We can safely assume that had Suzie gone to Branson, taking only Sherrill would leave Suzie alive to point out potential perpetrators.

Had I been involved, I would have taken both during one of the weekdays when both would have been home. Why wait for a weekend? If there was some “master plan” why wait for an uncertain time they would be there. Unfortunately there are some red herrings such as the APCO alleged sighting, the alleged George’s sighting and other irrelevancies that muddy the water. That could not have been anticipated.

I may have made a grievous error in this previous post. There is some reason to believe that Mr. Riedel was in town that night. That would have provided opportunity if he were involved. Yet so little is known about him while the emphasis seems to be on Mr. Recla and Mr. Clay.

According to at least one article from the Springfield News-Leader all three were in town. I was certain he was in Illinois.

“The fugitive (Riedel) was believed to be in town when the three disappeared”. This was an article in the paper “Missing Day 24” written by Robert Keyes. I don’t have the link available and quote directly from a copy of the newspaper. The date published was July 24, 1992. See below.

I’m currently researching this.

Last edited:
According to at least one article from the Springfield News-Leader all three were in town. I was certain he was in Illinois.

“The fugitive (Riedel) was believed to be in town when the three disappeared”. This was an article in the paper “Missing Day 24” written by Robert Keyes. I don’t have the link available and quote directly from a copy of the newspaper.
I've attached a clipping of the article.

Attachments

What is it about Middle America and Cult activity? So many of the older cases I have read up on mention this as a possible motive and it’s super strange and weird. I don’t get it at all as a reason for any crime.

What is it about Middle America and Cult activity? So many of the older cases I have read up on mention this as a possible motive and it’s super strange and weird. I don’t get it at all as a reason for any crime.
The cops don't think motive was cult activity. Pretend they robbed a Wal Mart instead of graves. That's not the issue. The issue is that they were seeking revenge on Suzie for talking to the cops and planning to testify against them. And potentially some of the higher ups in their drug chain. It makes perfect sense if one of the grave robbers or their higher up recent prison-escapee buddies went to the house to tell Suzie to shut up and threaten her and then Stacy makes plans change because she is an unknown.
This happens all the time. In 1992 and now. My childhood town of Detroit just had a case like this recently where dealers kidnapped teens for not paying up. And there are tons of cases where drug dealers kidnap people for talking to the cops as well. (Detroit case I'm referencing: Detroit drug dealer found guilty in LaSalle Street kidnappings).
With what we know about Garrison and breaking into a college girl's apartment... what makes you think he can't handle the Levitt Delmar house? Especially if he had prison buddies or people in the Robbs help him out.

Last edited:
It may be meaningful to another case.
Maybe if it happened on one dig. But three digs? I disagree. Plus they explain that it was because of names mentioned in their investigation. If you research gag orders, they are usually used by judges to protect the sanctity of a fair trial. The idea that they would do it multiple times because of other cases is very low odds. They say the reason for one of the digs is because of THIS case. Because of the "epic list of names" mentioned.

Attached the article I am referencing.

Attachments

• gagorder.PNG
    gagorder.PNG
    175.8 KB · Views: 36
Maybe if it happened on one dig. But three digs? I disagree. Plus they explain that it was because of names mentioned in their investigation. If you research gag orders, they are usually used by judges to protect the sanctity of a fair trial. The idea that they would do it multiple times because of other cases is very low odds. They say the reason for one of the digs is because of THIS case. Because of the "epic list of names" mentioned.
I understand what you are saying however they could have found something on the first dig that was related to another case so of course they would continue to do other digs for more evidence on that case.

I understand what you are saying however they could have found something on the first dig that was related to another case so of course they would continue to do other digs for more evidence on that case.
If you were correct, it'd be another case linked to the same players involved in the 3 Missing Women.

Last edited:
Asher was taken off the case in 1993 and left Springfield PD in 1995. He loves the spotlight but doesn't seem to be a fan of facts imo.
I certainly don't think he was a good detective.
NewsLeader said he was off the case much sooner and it was passed to Doug Thomas full time. And Doug Thomas and Todd Whitson were the ones primarily interviewing suspects and administering leads from late 1992 to 1994. Doug Thomas also enlisted the help of FBI when he flew out to Washington DC after the New Years Eve lead. They also enlisted help of MSHP and Mid-States Org Crime Info Center. My only point is that I want to hear from cops and not the opinions of Bartt's aunt on Bartt. I think that type of stuff is a waste.

Last edited:
So what's everyone think of the coke can? Do you think it came from Janelle's or perhaps they stopped somewhere on the way home?

When I go to Springfield I want to explore a few different places. I was going to go on June 6, but with Covid-19 I'm not sure it's the best time to travel. I was going to attend the memorial if they have one. There are also a few other people I'd like to speak with in person. I'm not sure when I'm going now, perhaps towards the fall. I will make videos though so that anyone who wishes can view what I do when I'm there. I've been trying to see who now owns the Old Robb Farm and If they would let me explore it. Of Course I want everything the right way with everyone's permission. I'd be interested in meeting Kathee Baird just to see what she thinks. I'd take it with a grain of salt of course. As with everyone, including myself. I also don't plan on going alone.

Larry Hall lives in my State of North Carolina. I am trying to write to him to see if he's allowed to have visitors and if he'd be willing to speak with me in prison. I know where he is, just unsure if he'd speak with me. I'm also writing to Robert Cox as well, and would also speak with him in person if he'd allow me. Do I think these men will spill their secrets to me? No. That would be idiotic. But I would like to hear what they think while also looking into their eyes. I'm pretty good at telling when someone's lying to me.

I also plan on contacting Gary Hall as well to see if he'd be willing to speak with me in person or on the phone.

I've also been in contact with someone who lived in Springfield at the time and is going to show me around. Again, I'm taking someone else with me so I don't think safety will be an issue. I know this may be a little extreme but the only question I can ask myself is why not? Why not do all of this? I'm sure not all of these men would be willing to speak with me, but I have been in contact with a few people already known to this case, and want to hear as many perspectives as possible.

So what's everyone think of the coke can? Do you think it came from Janelle's or perhaps they stopped somewhere on the way home?

When I go to Springfield I want to explore a few different places. I was going to go on June 6, but with Covid-19 I'm not sure it's the best time to travel. I was going to attend the memorial if they have one. There are also a few other people I'd like to speak with in person. I'm not sure when I'm going now, perhaps towards the fall. I will make videos though so that anyone who wishes can view what I do when I'm there. I've been trying to see who now owns the Old Robb Farm and If they would let me explore it. Of Course I want everything the right way with everyone's permission. I'd be interested in meeting Kathee Baird just to see what she thinks. I'd take it with a grain of salt of course. As with everyone, including myself. I also don't plan on going alone.

Larry Hall lives in my State of North Carolina. I am trying to write to him to see if he's allowed to have visitors and if he'd be willing to speak with me in prison. I know where he is, just unsure if he'd speak with me. I'm also writing to Robert Cox as well, and would also speak with him in person if he'd allow me. Do I think these men will spill their secrets to me? No. That would be idiotic. But I would like to hear what they think while also looking into their eyes. I'm pretty good at telling when someone's lying to me.

I also plan on contacting Gary Hall as well to see if he'd be willing to speak with me in person or on the phone.

I've also been in contact with someone who lived in Springfield at the time and is going to show me around. Again, I'm taking someone else with me so I don't think safety will be an issue. I know this may be a little extreme but the only question I can ask myself is why not? Why not do all of this? I'm sure not all of these men would be willing to speak with me, but I have been in contact with a few people already known to this case, and want to hear as many perspectives as possible.
My thoughts on the Coke can is it's probably old and was there from earlier in the night. It's 2AM and most convenient marts were closed by then and someone with a stomach ache that late at night isn't purchasing a can of coke (it'd more likely be a plastic bottle).

Hall was lying for attention. He didn't do it, IMO.

Quote:

Investigators with the Springfield Police Department have been in contact with the McDonald County Sheriff’s Office in reference to the missing persons investigation involving Stacy McCall, Suzanne Streeter, and Sherill Levitt. The same information obtained by the McDonald County Sheriff’s Office was first received by the Springfield Police Department in 2009 and has been thoroughly investigated. The inmate interviewed has provided several conflicting statements, none of which are consistent with the facts of the case. We are always open to any new developments related to this case and will fully investigate them. We will review any new information the McDonald County Sheriff’s Office may have obtained to determine if any further investigation of this particular lead is warranted.

Last edited:
Wonder if someone could get Robert Keyes on the horn to discuss this case because he wrote the intriguing articles about the digs. Or even any of the cops involved? Or if Daniel Knust could explain why he ordered a seal on the evidence perhaps?
upload_2020-5-21_12-8-31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member