Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I was hoping for why they felt this to be the case. Do we know? What sort of elements of the crime scene in the Delmar house might have been? Not all of us know what staging entails.

Sometimes I feel like that so much of what the SPD has said/released concerning the SP3 is just CYA.

The broken light fixture: "Oh! that was so much potential evidence!"

Staged crime scene: "we couldn't find any evidence of forced entry or crime scene clues."

People in the home: "They messed up the crime scene. We couldn't do a proper investigation."

What about the open window and missing screen from Sherrill's bedroom window?

Was the slider to Suzie's room closed or open (with a screen door closed)?

Could a small, skinny guy climb through the dog door and let others in?

Granted, the FBI got involved and they have considerably more resources than the SPD, and they couldn't solve it either...

This is an excerpt from poster “SkewedView” (in a prior thread)who volunteered himself as a self described sociopath but treated.

He went into considerable detail. I found this very interesting. It discusses the matter of moving the cars and placement of the purses.
Makes perfect sense to me and also provides why the money was left.

“At the point when the perp gets the van/car to the house, or before he leaves, he realizes that he needs to move Sherrill’s car, and grabs all of the purses, not knowing which holds the key he needs. Finding the correct one, and for one reason or another not caring about the money (this is after all a man focused on power and sex to the exclusion of all other concerns, else he wouldn’t have reached the point of committing this act in the first place), he leaves the purses where he gathered them and goes about the predictable tasks of vehicle and women moving, cleans the scene of clues as best he can”

I just find it curious that the FBI agent, James Wright, swore that locals knew what was going on but was scared to talk.
Did he define what he meant by "locals"? Sure, those involved know what's going on, but tend not to talk until that stage of matters called "plea bargaining." And LE never got that far, so what do they expect.

@Hurricane
Pretty sure ol Steve is in isolation ? And if he gets the Rona O’well .

Speaking of early parolees . I was reading thread 1 , where you were discussing the Chandler Oklahoma 3 that went missing a few days before the Springfield 3, possibly being under Cox .

They were found in 2014, after the brother snitched that his sister and mom had him bury them under a septic tank, after they violently shot & stabbed them including the Six year old . The ex mother in law Beverly Noe pled guilty and got 15 yrs and 15 years parole . I found out she got released this January after serving 5 .
Pathetic.
Steve isn't in isolation... not currently

I just find it curious that the FBI agent, James Wright, swore that locals knew what was going on but was scared to talk.

"Locals" always know what is going on. While there have been a few cases where locals did know what happened, for the most part they just "know" what they have heard and most of that is just rumors. Unsolved mysteries always seem to spark rumors, conspiracy theories, etc. For example, I followed the Beasley/Hawlett (AL 1999) case more closely than any other since joining Websleuths a few years back. There where conspiracy theories involving the local LE as the killers, elaborate black mail schemes, high-ranking government officials, etc. None of it was true. Numerous locals and some of the families just "knew" who did it. When an arrest was finally made 20 years after the murders, NONE of the locals were correct. The killer was a local but had never appeared on LE's radar. I might add that not only were the local LE Agencies involved in the investigation, but also the AL State Bureau of Inv., the State Attorney General's Office and the FBI. For those not familiar with that case, the accused had no criminal record to speak of and had lived in the small AL city or close to it the entire time.

I don't know why the FBI Agent in this case said what he did, but maybe he actually thought that a local or locals were involved and others knew of it. Or maybe he said it to try to put some pressure on those involved?

Richard @Missouri Mule,
You might want to start cleaning that spare bedroom. You might get the chance for that visitor yet. Today's headline:

'Ticking time bombs': Missouri doctors, advocates call for release of prison inmates"

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article241530616.html#storylink=bignews_main

Might be time to "put up or shut up"!
Steve may be out soon regardless. They rolled his gun charge with his rape charge and even some of that was concurrent. Given the percentage he has to serve, and good behavior, he can be out as early as this year if parole hearing goes well.

Yes, but I was hoping for why they felt this to be the case. Do we know? What sort of elements of the crime scene in the Delmar house might have been? Not all of us know what staging entails.
Fact check before taking what forum people say at face value. The term "staging" was used by a cop very loosely and didn't even say it as if it were a matter of fact. Seems like spinning to fit a theory to me. Not saying it was or wasn't bu no SPD cop said the crime scene was staged definitively.

Fact check before taking what forum people say at face value. The term "staging" was used by a cop very loosely and didn't even say it as if it were a matter of fact. Seems like spinning to fit a theory to me. Not saying it was or wasn't bu no SPD cop said the crime scene was staged definitively.
Couldn't agree more! The "staging" comment goes back singularly to the fact that the purses, lighters & cigarettes were found piled together at the bottom of 3 steps down to Suzie's room. Definitely spun by a poster to force his theory. No fact to back it up.

I’m rethinking the staging theory. I have long believed it was.

However Asher said the crime scene “didn’t look right” (or words to that effect.).

Wonder if he still holds to that view. Why did he say that?

The crew who did this apparently were so slick that staging may have been entirely superfluous. Why waste time.

Another thing, a comment was made here recently about someone bothered by Stacy's clothes folded neatly on the floor, & how a female wouldn't likely do that.

Susie's bedroom was a converted garage space and it had no closet at that time. It has been remodeled & has a closet today. If you look at the crime scene photos you will see there were no chairs in the room & not much furniture other than a bed, TV on a cart & a bookshelf. Where was she supposed to put her clothes?

Separate the wheat from the chaff.

Another thing, a comment was made here recently about someone bothered by Stacy's clothes folded neatly on the floor, & how a female wouldn't likely do that.

Susie's bedroom was a converted garage space and it had no closet at that time. It has been remodeled & has a closet today. If you look at the crime scene photos you will see there were no chairs in the room & not much furniture other than a bed, TV on a cart & a bookshelf. Where was she supposed to put her clothes?

Separate the wheat from the chaff.

Yeah, I mentioned that I found it strange. Thanks for the info. That would explain why the clothes on the floor. But now I wonder why Suzie would invite Stacy to her house if your place has no furniture and your mom is painting. As far as I know, Stacy, at 10 Pm called her mom and said they were staying at the Kirby´s house. What happened later? Should we believe the friends and the last minute change of plans?

2027/28 , unless these nuts let them all out . Which means we’ll have bigger problems .
Your math is off. It's mid 2020 when he's eligible. Again, his clock started much earlier, some of the time shaved over the years (Mineral Point to Bonne Terre transfer), some concurrent, 85% rule as well.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> ... this is very easy to fact check. Whoever told you he was in the hole likely believed Steve at his own word and didn't look into if he was full of bs. He has cell mate(s) currently.

Steve Garrison is in very minimum security. Not in isolation currently. Only a few rights stripped due to COVID-19. Not behavior. He has email rights. Limited computer rights. Phone rights. Mailing rights. He has visitation rights. Can accept non contraband gifts, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m rethinking the staging theory. I have long believed it was.

However Asher said the crime scene “didn’t look right” (or words to that effect.).

Wonder if he still holds to that view. Why did he say that?
This crime was highly planned and carefully executed. The purses were lined up because the women were likely instructed to do so before going to the second crime scene.

The crime scene didn't "look right" to anyone. Asher, Worsham, Knowles, Webb, you name a SPD cop. It was a unique crime with a little bit of luck and red herrings along the way.

The statement made by the person who said "the FBI couldn't even solve it" is also a statement that is not necessarily true. No matter what, the FBI cannot work the case with full resources unless SPD gives up the case to them. They can ask for assistance but only share what they want to share with them. It's SPD's case. Not the FBI's. Agent Wright assisted only a few weeks. MOCIC/RISS/NCMEC/etc. and others assisted in the case as well. SPD owns it and there's no telling if the other agency's "have it solved" or have the ability to solve it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members