Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This crime was highly planned and carefully executed. The purses were lined up because the women were likely instructed to do so before going to the second crime scene.

The crime scene didn't "look right" to anyone. Asher, Worsham, Knowles, Webb, you name a SPD cop. It was a unique crime with a little bit of luck and red herrings along the way.

The statement made by the person who said "the FBI couldn't even solve it" is also a statement that is not necessarily true. No matter what, the FBI cannot work the case with full resources unless SPD gives up the case to them. They can ask for assistance but only share what they want to share with them. It's SPD's case. Not the FBI's. Agent Wright assisted only a few weeks. MOCIC/RISS/NCMEC/etc. and others assisted in the case as well. SPD owns it and there's no telling if the other agency's "have it solved" or have the ability to solve it.

Do you have a motive?

Two more questions:

Multiple or single perp?

Why that night? If Suzie wasn’t there obviously it wouldn’t have happened.

It could not have been anticipated she would develop a stomach ache and even come home that I can discern.

Do you have a motive?

Two more questions:

Multiple or single perp?

Why that night? If Suzie wasn’t there obviously it wouldn’t have happened.

It could not have been anticipated she would develop a stomach ache and even come home that I can discern.
Multiple

Suzie was there so it doesn't matter. The butterfly flaps that get us to that point don't matter. You can do that game with literally any crime.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Discussing removed posts or moderation of a thread is not allowed and is subject to loss of posting privileges.

Please read The Rules (aka TOS) that Websleuths has in place. Every member is expected to familiarize themselves with those rules.

Thanks.

Fact check before taking what forum people say at face value. The term "staging" was used by a cop very loosely and didn't even say it as if it were a matter of fact. Seems like spinning to fit a theory to me. Not saying it was or wasn't bu no SPD cop said the crime scene was staged definitively.

The term was used end of.

So here is a question for people that I can’t figure out.

If this was a Robert Cox or somebody of his ilk why would you not take the money in the purses?

With all the people in the house, why wasn't the money taken? Some people might have believed Sherrill would come home and that she would miss it. Anyone involved would know better so why not take it? One thing that comes to mind is that leaving cash in her purse added to the drug theories. Some people pay with cash and money orders to avoid their money getting taken or used to get credit by an ex. It also prevents debt by you or someone else that has your information. To people that haven't been in that situation it's easy to think cash equals drugs. That seemed and still seems to be what some people want others to believe.

With all the people in the house, why wasn't the money taken? Some people might have believed Sherrill would come home and that she would miss it. Anyone involved would know better so why not take it? One thing that comes to mind is that leaving cash in her purse added to the drug theories. Some people pay with cash and money orders to avoid their money getting taken or used to get credit by an ex. It also prevents debt by you or someone else that has your information. To people that haven't been in that situation it's easy to think cash equals drugs. That seemed and still seems to be what some people want others to believe.
Or people deal in cash because a large portion of their income is cash. Tips for a hairdresser, especially back then, were mainly cash.

When my income was primarily cash. I even went to he bank and paid my credit card bill in cash. I also paid utility bills with cash as the grocery store. Ironically, this was back in the early 90s as well. I don't see anything at all unusual for her to have large amounts of cash, more so than the average person. If her home or car were financed at a local bank, she may have even paid those with cash.

Or people deal in cash because a large portion of their income is cash. Tips for a hairdresser, especially back then, were mainly cash.

When my income was primarily cash. I even went to he bank and paid my credit card bill in cash. I also paid utility bills with cash as the grocery store. Ironically, this was back in the early 90s as well. I don't see anything at all unusual for her to have large amounts of cash, more so than the average person. If her home or car were financed at a local bank, she may have even paid those with cash.

I didn't think of the financing. This is good to know. Thanks!

Yes I’m assuming her having cash was normal for her job in the 90’s.

Now having a ton of cash on hand I think would raise more eyebrows. I don’t know about the U.S but in the U.K. cash is dying out as everybody uses their card.

Both cars were financed. Schwartz had to petition the courts to sell them while they waited out the 7 yrs before they could be declared dead.

What gets ignored when talk turns to the money is the fact that some of what was in the purse were checks.

Suzie's bedroom makes a logical place to contain the women while waiting exit & transfer from the house. At that point the women were probably complying willingly, maybe told they would be allowed to return home unharmed later. The purses, cigarettes & lighters were gathered up to take with them. Compliance likely changed at least with one (Stacy) when it came time to leave the house.

Yes I’m assuming her having cash was normal for her job in the 90’s.

Now having a ton of cash on hand I think would raise more eyebrows. I don’t know about the U.S but in the U.K. cash is dying out as everybody uses their card.

Now cards are used for so much look at driving apps or food delivery apps. In the 90s and even later you could write checks to buy things. I remember having a check scanner in a candy store I worked in, in the early 2000s. I remember it was a pain to use. Now we also have instant access to view accounts. You can download an app or go on a computer. I'm thinking in 1992 you had to be aware of spending. If you weren't great at keeping a checkbook you could overdraw easily, right?

This crime was highly planned and carefully executed. The purses were lined up because the women were likely instructed to do so before going to the second crime scene.

The crime scene didn't "look right" to anyone. Asher, Worsham, Knowles, Webb, you name a SPD cop. It was a unique crime with a little bit of luck and red herrings along the way.

The statement made by the person who said "the FBI couldn't even solve it" is also a statement that is not necessarily true. No matter what, the FBI cannot work the case with full resources unless SPD gives up the case to them. They can ask for assistance but only share what they want to share with them. It's SPD's case. Not the FBI's. Agent Wright assisted only a few weeks. MOCIC/RISS/NCMEC/etc. and others assisted in the case as well. SPD owns it and there's no telling if the other agency's "have it solved" or have the ability to solve it.
This is detailed information. Just curious, did you work on this case? Where is the information from? Thanks.

Both cars were financed. Schwartz had to petition the courts to sell them while they waited out the 7 yrs before they could be declared dead.

What gets ignored when talk turns to the money is the fact that some of what was in the purse were checks.

Suzie's bedroom makes a logical place to contain the women while waiting exit & transfer from the house. At that point the women were probably complying willingly, maybe told they would be allowed to return home unharmed later. The purses, cigarettes & lighters were gathered up to take with them. Compliance likely changed at least with one (Stacy) when it came time to leave the house.

They may have been kidnapped from another location entirely. Without force how do you control three women? There didn't seem to be a sign of violence or struggle. A gun can be scary but being moved from your home to a vehicle is scarier. If you think you are being robbed or even assaulted you might comply in your home. Then there still should have been signs of a struggle, blood, semen, etc. Maybe there is some DNA or evidence that has been held back. Once someone tries taking you from a home your chance of survival goes way down. If you are being moved that is the ideal time to break away because kidnappers don't have complete control. They have to worry about outside elements like neighbors, people on the street, cops and they might not be willing to shoot after someone running if it will draw attention. They might have a gun but not be a great shot. Your odds are always better than getting into their vehicle.

Yeah, I mentioned that I found it strange. Thanks for the info. That would explain why the clothes on the floor. But now I wonder why Suzie would invite Stacy to her house if your place has no furniture and your mom is painting. As far as I know, Stacy, at 10 Pm called her mom and said they were staying at the Kirby´s house. What happened later? Should we believe the friends and the last minute change of plans?
Great questions. Also , telling her mother she was at the Kirby's doesn't necessarily mean she was still at the Kirby's.

They didn't take the money in the purses because they were not there for money. Locating it and accessing it is just one more thing that adds to the time one is inside Delmar.

They may have been kidnapped from another location entirely. Without force how do you control three women? There didn't seem to be a sign of violence or struggle. A gun can be scary but being moved from your home to a vehicle is scarier. If you think you are being robbed or even assaulted you might comply in your home. Then there still should have been signs of a struggle, blood, semen, etc. Maybe there is some DNA or evidence that has been held back. Once someone tries taking you from a home your chance of survival goes way down. If you are being moved that is the ideal time to break away because kidnappers don't have complete control. They have to worry about outside elements like neighbors, people on the street, cops and they might not be willing to shoot after someone running if it will draw attention. They might have a gun but not be a great shot. Your odds are always better than getting into their vehicle.
The cops say the women were in the house. Is there any reason why you say another location? Got proof or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654