Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stretchy pants or shorts can be shared. So can dresses sometimes. People have clothes in different sizes. Some people leave their clothes at a friends.
Yes! If Suzie’s sleep clothes were on the baggy side Stacy could’ve borrowed a pair of boxers to sleep in-although I don’t think there would’ve been much difference in their sizes.

Stretchy pants or shorts can be shared. So can dresses sometimes. People have clothes in different sizes. Some people leave their clothes at a friends.
Absolutely. You can borrow an oversized T-shirt. And girls share clothes all the time even if it’s not the right size. I would err on the side that she borrowed clothes.

Absolutely. You can borrow an oversized T-shirt. And girls share clothes all the time even if it’s not the right size. I would err on the side that she borrowed clothes.
I agree. I wonder why Janis was so adamant about Stacey not borrowing something from Suzie to wear to bed.

I agree. I wonder why Janis was so adamant about Stacey not borrowing something from Suzie to wear to bed.
Maybe she was going through the worst case scenario out loud. She also could be in denial that her daughter went somewhere else and either borrowed or had other clothing. MOO.

Cliff Williams inventory of Sherrill Levitt’s and Suzie Streeter’s possessions:
Levitt:

In her purse, $750 cash and $780 in un-cashed checks from her hair-styling clients.

44 pair of shoes

34 sweaters.

22 skirts.

32 blouses.

35 dresses.

Streeter:

74 T-shirts

64 pair of shoes.

40 denim or cloth jackets.

5 leather jackets.

45 stuffed animals.

And though he describes the home as meticulously neat, Glenn would not elaborate on a few things police found that were “out of place (and) just shouldn’t have been that way.”

News-Leader, June 10, 1992.

To me , that’s a LOT of clothes / shoes . I don’t know how anyone could definitively say , what might not be accounted for .
We only really know the last clothing they were seen in .

It was pure happenstance that they were found at all. If he had buried them six inches deeper, they would never have been found, and he would have gotten away with a quadruple murder. Instead he was lazy and got the death penalty.
True . The consensus was they voluntarily walked across the boarder to Mexico . I never bought it .

Well, we don't know for sure, just that it was a possibility that Stacy was not just in a T-shirt and underwear.

Maybe she was going through the worst case scenario out loud. She also could be in denial that her daughter went somewhere else and either borrowed or had other clothing. MOO.
I'm around the same age as Stacy and Suzie, and 99% of the women I know did in the 90s and still do sleep in panties and a T-shirt, so I'm not sure why Stacy's attire would be anything different if she were dressed for bed. (I guess we've just run out of other things to talk about.)

I'm around the same age as Stacy and Suzie, and 99% of the women I know did in the 90s and still do sleep in panties and a T-shirt, so I'm not sure why Stacy's attire would be anything different if she were dressed for bed. (I guess we've just run out of other things to talk about.)

Yeah, my wife sleeps in a long T-shirt, too.
I guess the underlying question is if Stacy wore more than that when she left the house. Was she allowed to put something more on or not? I kinda doubt that ...

Yeah, my wife sleeps in a long T-shirt, too.
I guess the underlying question is if Stacy wore more than that when she left the house. Was she allowed to put something more on or not? I kinda doubt that ...
Agreed . . . I kind of doubt that an abductor (whether a sexual predator, killer bent on revenge for personal reasons, or a hit man) would allow a victim to get dressed before dragging her to a waiting vehicle.

Yes! If Suzie’s sleep clothes were on the baggy side Stacy could’ve borrowed a pair of boxers to sleep in-although I don’t think there would’ve been much difference in their sizes.

I was a teen during this same time period and all of my friends slept in boxers and t-shirts. I noticed that no type of nightwear was included in either women's inventory. Whether you usually sleep nude when you're home alone (or with just family in the house) you KNOW both at least owned some nightwear. Susie was a teen so you know she spent the night out and had people stay over. Also, no underwear included. So I think it's pretty safe to say this cannot be the full list.

I agree. It really doesn't really help us figure out the case. What does make a difference, however, is the floral dress and Susie's pink shoes. There are only a few situations where Sherrill ends up having that same dress on after a day of stripping furniture. In my mind, it's either 1) they actually did go to George's or 2) Sherrill was nude and taken by surprise in some way, be it Susie and Stacy's arrival or the perp, and threw on the first thing she saw. And the floral dress, coupled with Susie being in her pink shoes, tells me that at least Susie and Sherrill weren't yet asleep when they were taken.

That's a lot of shoes!

And FIVE leather jackets? Maybe faux leather?

Being a guy, I have 4 pair of shoes. My wife, though, has 12 (yeah, I counted them) ...
It sounds like a lot but Sherrill and Suzie had jobs and cared about their appearances which is important for a hairstylist and to a high school senior. Sherrill understood the value of a dollar and probably watched sales and shopped at outlets. I easily have 44 pairs of shoes in my closet but wear 3-4 regularly.

The Suzie, another girl and Stacy with a guy who "looked 30-ish with a mustache"?
Never heard that one before.
The attached 6/19/92 article (especially the second page) is surprisingly detailed. I had never really heard about the same "brown" GM vehicle being seen in the vicinity of Sherrill's house later in the morning (at what would have been getting close to dawn).

Attachments

• 19_Jn_1992_Front_page___sightings-2.pdf
    716 KB · Views: 70
  • 19_Jn_1992_p4A.pdf
    824.9 KB · Views: 41
The attached 6/19/92 article (especially the second page) is surprisingly detailed. I had never really heard about the same "brown" GM vehicle being seen in the vicinity of Sherrill's house later in the morning (at what would have been getting close to dawn).

So Kathy Kirkby claims she was not happy about them going to a hotel that night and was going to try and convince them to spend the night at her house.

So if this is true then why was the house to full with her out of town family’s members for Suzie and Stacey to spend the night?

Another big contradiction IMO

As far as Stacy having a boyfriend.

1) She was 18 years old, IMO she had a boyfriend and in all likelihood, past boyfriends.
This 6/14/92 article says "Both girls dated, and their male friends and those who attended the graduation parties have been questioned." Stacy may not have had a boyfriend on 6/7/92 but this confirms she had one or more at some point.

Attachments

• 3MW_STLPD_1992_06_14.pdf
    301.1 KB · Views: 23
This 6/14/92 article says "Both girls dated, and their male friends and those who attended the graduation parties have been questioned." Stacy may not have had a boyfriend on 6/7/92 but this confirms she had one or more at some point.

I kind of wonder if Appleby was trying to hook up with Susie. Don't think he had anything to do with the disappearance, but the fact that he was driving she and Stacy around all night, the fact that Susie had that "stomach ache" (sounds to me like an excuse not to hook up with someone), the fact that Janelle and Mike went to his house looking for them makes it sound like he was at least making an attempt that night. And then the "big brother" stuff in the media....sounded like someone trying to distance himself for fear of being a suspect. Which, I don't blame him, tbh. It just didn't sound like something someone would normally say about a girl a few months younger than them.

Where does it say J&M went to Appleby's? They didn't have his number? Or maybe he didn't answer?

Maybe they saw some kind of attraction between Shane and either Suzie or Stacy, but we don't have proof of that, but it's still possible.

What big brother stuff? I missed that (not a surprise...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal