Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right after it happened, television, radio, and papers were flooded with the news, my sister said that's where the police should look... This post is the first time I've ever known about someone else considering the zoo a potential place to search.
How far would that area be from a place called camp Winoka?

Is that about 2 miles? Which other part would you search?

The whole zoo property is fifty-five acres and the area I mentioned is only a small part that ends at Kansas / Missouri 13. I wouldn't know any other place where bodies could be hidden.

I do not know, nor do I claim to know anything; I just was surprised when JD mentioned something my sister and I had discussed almost thirty years ago.

Last edited:
The house that sits behind Boyd Elementary is on North Benton.

Cox North Hospital is located behind the school.

It’s interesting that persons use of “wild”, etc. The zoo has been under the park board for as long as I can see and remember.

Right after it happened, television, radio, and papers were flooded with the news, my sister said that's where the police should look... This post is the first time I've ever known about someone else considering the zoo a potential place to search.
How far would that area be from a place called camp Winoka?
Technically speaking, Janelle and Mike broke into 1717 East Delmar. True, my door would never be left unlocked. However, if my friends noticed my car at the house and decided to let themselves in because I didn't answer the door, I wouldn't be very happy.

Whenever I was 7 and under I would walk into Great Aunts and Uncles properties without knocking. This is because I was a child who lived a "stone throw" distance from them at the time and had their permission.

What do we know about Sherrill? We know she took pride in her home, enjoyed working on projects, and was somewhat of a "private" person. Needless to say, I don't think she would have been happy coming back to learn so many people rummaged throughout her house while she wasn't there. IMO someone who came by Delmar that Sunday knew Sherill would not be returning.

I also agree with the whole "sex could have happened in the house." In High School, I had a pair of friends who didn't care where they had to sneak off to do the deed. Also. from all the movies and shows I've watched filmed in the early 90's sex was much more of a "big deal" back then. Almost everyone was doing it, but parents still wanted to cling to the idea that "abstinence" was what all the kids were practicing.

Speaking of it being the 90's, manners also played a heavier role at the time. IMO it would be very rude to enter someone's property and rummage through their things.
Of all those people who entered that house, perhaps one of them told someone to call them there instead of their own phone. I suspect that someone answered that phone, for an informative phone call, while they were there. I'm not sure who it would have been though. When I reply to these things, I never deliberately point a finger at anyone because they could be innocent.

As for mrs McCall, I would say that as a parent, a mental defense exists that prevents you from believing anything horrific has happened to your child. She still (to my knowledge) has not had Stacy declared legally dead even today. Her actions of being “mad” in my opinion were nothing more than a self preservation tactic once she heard that the purses and keys and cars were at the home and she realized something was truly amiss. Up until that point, she had not been to the house or been notified by Janelle (the person who had by then been to the house three times) of the grim circumstances. Once she was notified of these facts she went directly to the home where everyone, including Janelle, her mother and father, etc were apparently laying in wait to descend moments later. She then still called the police who arrived within the hour, all the while openly wondering about the kirby’s strange behavior of making coffee and lounging about.

I would like to mention (again) something that I 've found in this documentary. Janis McCall phoned Janelle because Stacy hadn't called her family to let them know that she arrived at the waterpark. When she called to the Kirby' s house, Janelle´s sister told her that Stacy had spent the night at Suzie's (this happend around 10:30 am, right?, and Janelle wasn´t at home). Janis says in the video that she had friends who knew people working at the waterpark, and she called to see if "they had gone down there". She was told that they were not (you can watch the YouTube video and find this in the minute 10:17). I wonder if that "they" refers to Suzie and Stacy or if she thought that Janelle was also with the girls (knowing that Janelle wasn´t at home when she called). If Janis called asking for the whereabouts of the three friends, and the answer was no. Then where was Janelle?

PD: sorry for my bad English.

I am new to this place, so please forgive me if I sound like a complete idiot. I have thought of this case every three days or less since it happened. It kinda hit home as I was about 16 and lived an hour and a half away. I just can’t fathom how someone could get away with something like this, for this long and how little information/evidence has been brought to light. It could not have been easy and almost couldn’t have been pulled off by one perp alone. I really have reservations about the teens which were the same age as the girls having anything to do with it at all. Newly graduated barely able to be called adults at that, I really think they would have messed up somewhere and then they just wouldn’t have had time to have first taken the women from the home alive (because there wasn’t any blood or sign of a struggle) so they were likely still alive, and the girls almost would have had to go home to suzys house if a) their purses and personal belongings were found sitting in the house still. b) the fact that sherrill, suzys mom disappeared too at the same time. I wonder if Sherrills social life was looked into very closely? What her finances and her appointment book for work might have shown, was she possibly being stalked by someone? If she was a cosmetologist, that alone would have put her in a situation that exposed her to hoards of people who would have made her privy to an awful lot of this and that on a personal level since most beauty shops double as psychiatrists office so to speak. I know at that time when they disappeared Springfield seemingly had so much criminal activity going on in every direction. Also there was a neighbor of Suzy and Sherrills that said something about seeing an older van who she thought was being driven by one of the girls had turned around in her driveway hurriedly and almost in a state of panic and that it seemed like she was possibly being yelled at from another passenger who must’ve been in the back because they weren’t visible. I think it was the early morning hours of the day they went missing if I recall correctly. I wonder if that was explored? Also too, I thought about how if the kidnapper/s were able to get these women to leave without putting up a fight they would have likely had to have a weapon, made threats and possibly held a weapon to one of them upon leaving the residence. I imagine as small as the girls all three were if the perp or perps had made two walk in front while leaving and throwing another possibly over his shoulder and pointing the weapon at their backs while he held the other over his shoulder and which ever one it was could have been struggling as they walked out which could be where the globe got knocked off the light fixture on the porch. Other wise it just doesn’t make sense that it would be broken without the bulb getting broken at the same time. If the kidnapper did in fact make them get into say a van, it would be easier for him or them probably to make one of the girls drive while he used the others as leverage to get the driver to comply. As far as all the concrete theories, wouldn’t it be easier rather than tearing up all or any of the concrete to use a small quarter inch drill bit over the area the radar showed anomalies and then stick a snaking camera into the small hole to see what may lie under the concrete? I bought a cheapo one at harbor freight and it is really pretty good at letting me inspect thru holes I’ve made where I’d rather not go thru trouble of demolishing something entirely. Anyway i think about these girls a lot, it really boggles my mind how little has been actually learned and my heart goes out to their families. I have had them in my prayers since I first saw it on ky3 news right after it happened so long ago now. I have a daughter the same age as those girls were then and I hold on too tightly because of this case alone so I wish so badly for someone to crack this case and bring them home so their families can get some closure.

“The inmate interviewed has provided several conflicting statements, none of which are consistent with the facts of the case. “

Single most important statement regarding hall .
I was just on that same website. Scroll way down to the comments. Go to the one at December 13, 2013 at 1:40 a.m. Anonymous claims he and one other person witnessed 3 women killed at Camp Winoka at the time of Springfield 3 abductions.

In a nut shell. My theory has always been and still is today. That one or 2 probably 2 were setting across the street in a vehicle when the girls arrived home. They were watching the girls enter and knew they were alone. They pulled along side the carport at the house or next door. and got out smashed the globe around the porch light. The door opened right to left as your facing it i believe. When the door was open to investigate the pert made entry that way. Just a quick post on a theory based on nothing but what i have read over the years
Good thoughts on this.

I love that!! This was in 1992, long before Carole killed her husband!

Honestly, I'm not sure why my sister felt Dickerson Zoo was the place. There used to be a really overgrown, swampy area at the very back of the property, it sat on the northeast corner of Kansas Avenue and Norton Road. Cathy said that's where she thought they were --- the police should search there.
I agree with you. That zoo area should be searched. They should also consider searching the abandoned Camp Winoka. That state has several missing people. Those two locations could be holding just about anything.

As far as all the concrete theories, wouldn’t it be easier rather than tearing up all or any of the concrete to use a small quarter inch drill bit over the area the radar showed anomalies and then stick a snaking camera into the small hole to see what may lie under the concrete? I bought a cheapo one at harbor freight and it is really pretty good at letting me inspect thru holes I’ve made where I’d rather not go thru trouble of demolishing something entirely.
Snipped.

I don't think the PFI parking lot has ever been swept with sonar, so I assume that you're talking about the parking garage.

There could be some secret graves there, but they may bot belong to the girls. I'm a little suspicious of the tip, which supposedly came from someone who had a psychic vision. It may that someone had legitimate information about graves at that site but didn't want to say where that information came from and came up with the psychic vision story as a cover.

Snipped.

I don't think the PFI parking lot has ever been swept with sonar, so I assume that you're talking about the parking garage.

There could be some secret graves there, but they may bot belong to the girls. I'm a little suspicious of the tip, which supposedly came from someone who had a psychic vision. It may that someone had legitimate information about graves at that site but didn't want to say where that information came from and came up with the psychic vision story as a cover.
Snipped.

That last sentence is key to me because it seems very plausible. Honestly I understand why officials would not want to destroy permanent structure on a hunch, however if sonar subsequently lends to any positive probability of human remains regardless of who they belong to, no matter the source of said information then I believe it would be in everyone’s best interests to have a peek into it especially since it can be done and repaired simply and without the need for invasive procedures or demolition if it were found to be just a farce...

Is that the same site as the abandoned girl scout post called Camp Winoka?
That site with the murdered girl scotts was in Oklahoma. From the News-Leader September 20, 2019:
Most people believe that the Girl Scout story involves the true account of three Girl Scouts who were murdered at a Girl Scout camp on June 13, 1927 — but that was in Oklahoma.
The 1977 Camp Scott Girl Scout murders

Yes, but it was never a Girl Scout camp. That is just a legend / rumor. I’ve been on this place. The description the new owner gives is quite accurate. There is no road that goes through it, just the roads that go around it.
I wonder what the chances are that the writer from December 13, 2013 is telling the truth? I guess it's possible if that area was secluded enough in June of 1992.

It's also possible with three friends like Stacy, Suzie and Janelle you end up with jealousy or a fight over something dumb but possibly magnified by alcohol and/or people around them. I don't mean that people died because of that but that could be the reason Suzie and Stacy were together and maybe not quite welcomed at Janelle's. I think you are right that if there was a plan to sleep over Janelle's it was ended with a fight. Maybe Stacy had other plans and roped Suzie into them. MOO. One issue is that parents were giving minors alcohol and then letting them drive.

This is moronic. "I don't mean that people died because of that". It's scary how comfortable you guys are defaming people. You don't seem to quite understand systematic abuse but i'll let you tell it. Christ.

This is moronic. "I don't mean that people died because of that". It's scary how comfortable you guys are defaming people. You don't seem to quite understand systematic abuse but i'll let you tell it. Christ.
Moronic? I point you to the Rules:
Insulting other members, and posting abusive and derogatory personal comments, is strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner.

Moronic? I point you to the Rules:
Insulting other members, and posting abusive and derogatory personal comments, is strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner.

Surprised i haven't been banned yet, i've been incredibly frank about the stupid *advertiser censored* y'all are involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli