Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thar would be a logical conclusion but there is another reason why she asked Stacy to follow her home.

Suzie had never been out there in Battlefield. She was unfamiliar with the roads and it was quite late. She knew that Stacy would know the way home.

Only Janelle claimed never to have been there to the Levitt home.

I've read a few posts here that stated that the Levitts used to live in the same neighborhood as the Kirbys there in Battlefield.

If Janelle didn't know where Suzie lived how did she show up at the home the following day? Did she call someone to get the address? Also, if she and Suzie were not close friends, just aquaintances, with Stacy as the common denominator between her and Suzie, that makes it even weirder in my opinion that she went into the home, wandered around, grabbed a broom, answered the phone?????
I'm not sure if this is allowed but this is what I understood. Janelle's boyfriend was supposedly one of the guys who was involved in the crypt desecration. So I assume he would've known bc he was friends with Suzie's BF. That's an odd entanglement for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this is allowed but this is what I understood. Janelle's boyfriend was supposedly one of the guys who was involved in the crypt desecration. So I assume he would've known bc he was friends with Suzie's BF. That's an odd entanglement for sure.

Not so. To my knowledge he had nothing to do with the crypt desecration.

I'm not aware that he was even friends with any of the crypt vandals.

I have followed this case for what seems like half a lifetime. I see nothing to connect to Janelle and her boyfriend. Nobody else who is familiar with this case believes this as well although there are some and even I who think their behavior that morning was very strange and inexplicable.

Personally, I would look very carefully at Steve Garrison, who was convicted and sent to prison for life for raping a college student a couple of years after the women went missing. The rape was brutal, heinous, disgusting and awful. There is a also connection with one other interesting individual who is currently on the run for a DUI. The latter's whole family had some bad actors. One incident involved a drug deal gone bad where three people were murdered, dismembered and then burned. Their ashes were deposited in a nearby creek.

The reason I would look carefully at Garrison is that the police have said from the git-go that this was likely (if not in fact) a sexual assault. Garrison along with his two ex jailbird buddies (known as the Grand Jury 3) met up in Eldorado Kansas where they were in the slammer together. At the time the women went missing they were on the street and were the subject of a federal grand jury that in the end no-billed the case. But they would have had to have a way into the house.

That would be my number one scenario.

My second scenario would be a bad cop. Of all the people who came to the house that night a cop is above everyone else someone to be trusted. Several have posited that scenario.

My third scenario would be that of a stalker. That is lower, much lower on the list of possibles.

A fourth scenario that evidently been discarded involved a group centered north of Rogersville, to the east of Springfield. I haven't ruled that out yet.

There are so many variables that it is impossible to know. Some say the perp or perps are known. That may be true. I'm not in the loop on that but nothing would surprise me.

Just thought I would try to help steer this away from factors that are not in question.

Not so. To my knowledge he had nothing to do with the crypt desecration.

I'm not aware that he was even friends with any of the crypt vandals.

I have followed this case for what seems like half a lifetime. I see nothing to connect to Janelle and her boyfriend. Nobody else who is familiar with this case believes this as well although there are some and even I who think their behavior that morning was very strange and inexplicable.

Personally, I would look very carefully at Steve Garrison, who was convicted and sent to prison for life for raping a college student a couple of years after the women went missing. The rape was brutal, heinous, disgusting and awful. There is a also connection with one other interesting individual who is currently on the run for a DUI. The latter's whole family had some bad actors. One incident involved a drug deal gone bad where three people were murdered, dismembered and then burned. Their ashes were deposited in a nearby creek.

The reason I would look carefully at Garrison is that the police have said from the git-go that this was likely (if not in fact) a sexual assault. Garrison along with his two ex jailbird buddies (known as the Grand Jury 3) met up in Eldorado Kansas where they were in the slammer together. At the time the women went missing they were on the street and were the subject of a federal grand jury that in the end no-billed the case. But they would have had to have a way into the house.

That would be my number one scenario.

My second scenario would be a bad cop. Of all the people who came to the house that night a cop is above everyone else someone to be trusted. Several have posited that scenario.

My third scenario would be that of a stalker. That is lower, much lower on the list of possibles.

A fourth scenario that evidently been discarded involved a group centered north of Rogersville, to the east of Springfield. I haven't ruled that out yet.

There are so many variables that it is impossible to know. Some say the perp or perps are known. That may be true. I'm not in the loop on that but nothing would surprise me.

Just thought I would try to help steer this away from factors that are not in question.
[emoji29] I guess that's what I get for believing a podcast & not going back to review the thing. And then again I may not even be remembering correctly. That's how rumor gets started. My bad lol I'm gonna look that up, I thought I heard it on True Crime Garage.

I've read a few posts here that stated that the Levitts used to live in the same neighborhood as the Kirbys there in Battlefield.

I believe this to be correct. Assuming that Suzie lived with her mom and step-father until and then Sherrill at least for awhile after their divorce, one can search the Greene County Assessor records and find the record of the Quit Claim Deed from Don to Sherrill Levitt in February of 1989 (which I believe is the time of their divorce), you get a legal description of that property.

Using the tax records link from the Assessor site, you can search by plat and by clicking many tax ID links, you can pull up the current tax record for that legal description, which also gives a street address. (I believe I've seen this same address published previously, but I can't remember where or whether it was a reputable source).

That street address is (per Google maps) 3.5 miles from the graduation party (per the police report). This is close to the Kirby home (also per police report).

I struggle with links and screen shots in Tapatalk, but I did take pics of the screens.

So there's that. I just like maps, and I was curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am curious what circumstances surrounded the girls leaving or never going to Janelle's house. My understanding is it was crowded by her friends and family and there wasn't room. But what I'm curious about is if Suzie and Stacy went to her house and left? Or, did they ever go to her house at all that night?

https://youtu.be/1TEv7ME8VJs

Pay particular attention to the 2:01 minute mark .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great find. I will also watch the disappeared feature but it is fairly long. Save that for another time.

I'm going to introduce a thought after tonight's posts over on another site that suggest strongly that the answer to this case is the most likely. We have the motive, we have the means and the opportunity. That is clear beyond any doubt.

I can't wrap my mind around the crypt vandals as doing this. I have had very extensive discussions, mostly negative with one of the vandals, numbering in the hundreds of posts and I am convinced to a near certainty they he did not do it. His friend has been silent and it is hard to gauge his involvement. The third one is little known but not believed to have stuck around much after the crypt vandalism. Unlikely, but not impossible.

We have the "Grand Jury Three". One is in the slammer for life on a rape charge. Another is, I believe, cooling his heels in the Kansas State penal system. The final one was last known in another state. It is difficult to gauge them except that they are not candidates for the church choir. But did they do it? Steve Garrison is the best known and he is in the slammer for a vicious heinous rape. He will likely die there. They were no-billed in the 1994 Federal Grand Jury hearing.

Carnahan is another suspect. I worked with his wife for several years. Her daughter was his alibi witness in his trial on "tampering with evidence" in the Jackie Johns murder in 1985. Later on DNA sealed his fate and he will likely die in prison. He was wealthy and bought what he wanted. I saw him many times in the state office building where I worked for a number of years. A lot of people fingered him for this crime and it is highly likely that he is complicit in other murders in the general area. A real bad actor. But I really don't like him for this crime.

Cox, who can say? He has no alibi and is a known murderer and who knows what else. He will probably rot in prison in Texas. He is eligible for parole in 2025 but Texas is not known for coddling their criminals.

Could an unknown stalker have done it? It's possible but probably not likely.

Could a "known" stalker have done it? That is very possible and probably is what happened.

Is there such a person on the street? Yes, I believe there is. We'll see how that plays out. It could very well be that the police had this figured out from the very beginning but just did not have the evidence.

As to the friends, I strongly discount that although their actions that day were an abomination and contaminated the scene horribly.

There is one or two other scenarios still in play but I'll put those aside for the time being.

The one above was one I had set aside until tonight. No longer. It is time to face reality. Sometimes less is more.

Will this crime be solved? I hope so because I am not getting any younger. Oddly enough I was the same age as Sherrill when she and the girls went missing.

He was out on Washington as I recall. Step father too. No connection to the crime.

If we go with the motive that the reason for the kidnapping was in order to silence Sherill / Suzie or both then It is likely the mastermind behind the crime considered what a greater risk for him, to give an order to commit the crime and take a chance to get caught or just not take any action and then an information about him/them might be discovered , he got to a conclusion that it's better to go ahead with the kidnapping-murder crime, for some reason it was extremely important to him to silence Sherrill and Suzie.

I do believe the girls left Janelle's because it was crowded with out of town guests who came to the graduation.

Where was Garrison at the time the women were taken? Where is he from? I was also trying to find some info about the heinous rape he committed but couldn't. I'd like to know more about him. And when and where did he rape the college student (year)?

A stalker of Sherrill's could possibly be involved. Think of a hair stylist, they are up close with you, touching you, washing your hair, brushing up against you with their breasts on your back, not to be gross or graphic but it happens. Also, Sherrill could have been tellling a client about her daughters graduation plans. But I can't help but feel there is a deeper motive to this.

I see nothing to connect to Janelle and her boyfriend.
Really? Last person to see the victims alive, first person at their house the next day, walking through their house answering the phone, doing some late spring cleaning, and even with all the cars in front of the house and the three nowhere to be found, goes ahead and takes the trip.

There's plenty to connect.

Nobody else who is familiar with this case believes this
Yeah.....and maybe that's why its been practically running in place since day one.

The speculation on random serial killers and stalkers for 25 years isn't getting anywhere. Maybe its time they take one last and much closer look at their circle of friends, which is much more likely than some serial killer spotting them at a gas station.

Not really. She was good friends with Stacy. She was with Suzie when Stacy was present but never with Suzie if Stacy was not present. She didn't even know where Suzie lived.
Yet she was all up in that house on a very interesting day.

Could it have to do with Suzie' stomach ache which was apparently part of the reason she decided to go home that night?
Interesting how the reasons for the girls leaving the party has always fluctuated. The truth usually isn't several different things.

Find the liar..... you find someone who knows what happened that night.

I agree that one last and really close look should be taken at Janelle, Mike, and other "friends" and friends. I think each of them, especially the person who saw them last and then was the first to appear at the house the next morning should once again give her testimony. I feel (!) this could help shed some more light. She was a young girl at that time and I'm almost sure she didn't do anything bad herself, but I feel she may know about some interesting connections OR she may have noticed/heard something, paid attention to someone knowing someone OR someone mentioning someone/something weird/cruel...

I also spent some time reading about Garrison and I think that his connection with some people from the circle of the girls' friends and acquintances should be verified.. Psychopath. Capable of doing extreme harm to people but I have no way of knowing if he had alibi or even if he was questioned in the 3MW case...

I could never make my mind up about Janelle and Mike's actions that morning. However, a large part of me believes her insistance to get there early (and eventually entering the property) was due to the fact that she was getting no response to the calls she was likely making to Delmar St to arrange their plans with Stacy and Suzie, or at the very least, wake them up. She probably called and called, then, figuring they were either ignoring her or blowing her off to do their own thing, left a heated message or two. These possible messages would have been deleted when they entered the home.

If you strictly apply Homicide 101 then Janelle and the boyfriend would certainly be "persons of interest" since they were the last to interact with Stacy and Suzie. And granted their actions at Delmar the next morning are oddly generous . However, the other major component of Homicide 101 is how would she and her boyfriend benefit from their murder and or disappearance? Other than Janelle (and Stacy) viewing Suzie as a childhood friend who's kinda from the wrong side of the tracks, I'm not aware that any deep seeded conflict has that's been cited (or eventually surfaced) between Suzie and Janelle that would somehow lead to a triple murder/disappearance. At least none that I've come across.

The lack of motive on Janelle and Mike's part is also what has lead me to believe they probably weren't involved, but boy, did they behave weirdly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState