Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned this before but that "van" was extremely ugly and unquestionably unique. If someone in my neighborhood or town drove that thing I'd most definitely recall it. And there was no creditable leads or tips. Also the witness waited a couple of weeks to report the sighting and had to undergo hypnosis to recall the details. The fact that LE had openly accepted and investigated tips from every nutty Medium and Psychic in the Ozarks that had a "dream" or "vision" doesn't give any assurance of "vetting" and that this lead was at all credible.

It WAS extremely ugly wasn't it, now that you mention it...and the split front window? I may vaguely remember seeing a van with one but I may need to go under hypnosis...

With the 2 wks deal...maybe the public figured somebody would find them.... or their bodies.

And yeah, let's believe psychics over eye witnesses. Why not?
IMO...it's going to have to get 'messy' before there's a closure. As in dig deeper into each woman's life plus their family and associates.

And it's always McCall who they rely on, where the hell is Bartt? Never see his face, he said he wants 'justice'...does he? IMO he's just layin' back expecting the McCalls to do all the 'work'.

Also, use that reward money to hire a GOOD private investigator, as in one with the highest rate of success. Don't know who that'd be offhand though....

The things that dont add up to me in this case are.

1) Porch lady as let’ be honest I think that the majority of people who saw what she claimed to see would go inside and call the police straight away. You see a distressed young woman driving and you hear a voice threaten the woman who you can’t even see and you do absolutely nothing for at least a week. How cold hearted is she?

2) Janelle entire behavior is bonkers, never been to the house before but it’s perfectly normal to let yourself in , rummage around , answer the phone , tidy up and then seeing that everything looks like people should be home and are not you think “great let’s go to the water park” without another thought. Is this really logical?

3) If Sherrill Levit is the target the perp has a window of about 3 hours give or take. Do sexual predators really take that long to rape/kill victims as I would of thought it was a get in and get out as quickly as possible?

4) If Suzie is the target because of the up and coming trial then why involve her mum and friend , if you see 3 cars at the home surely if you are only after Suzie then you would abort the plan until she is alone?

5) If this is a random sexual predator that followed the girls home then when you see the girls are not home alone because of the extra car why would you continue with the plan as it would become to risky?

6) Who knew about the change in plans with the girls at the last minute deciding to go home , I’m guessing it’s not a large amount of people.

7) The window of opportunity before it got light is quite small. The Girls would of gotten home just before 3am. Then to get their bags inside , greet the dog one would assume and then settle down and get to bed you would say it would be about 3.30. So that leaves 2 hours before it’s light.

8) Cinnamon I think would of also given the game away if something was amiss in the house when the girls walked in. So if Sherrill had company over and it went south then the Yorkie would of been agitated and barked and the girls would of known straight away something was wrong. Yet they got undressed, had time to take off make up and get into bed which to me indicates nothing was amiss when they got home.

So the whole crime to me is weird , i have always felt it was the grave diggers with somebody higher up pulling the strings. But why would you risk kidnapping 3 woman instead of just Suzie who would of been a lot easier to snatch by herself at some point and it would of caused a lot less of a outcry?

I would also like to know if Janelle or if Mike knew the grave diggers as Suzie did date one of them so did they hang around in the same social circle for awhile?!

I see someone else (finally) is ready to get this solved...vs wait til a puzzle piece miraculously appears. That would make me feel so helpless is it was my daughter, sister, niece etc.

With the all 3 women taken...it's like the someone wanted to make a HUGE statement plus a lotta paranoia and/or hate. Or it was a pack of random serial killers such as the Hall brothers, the odds of that are outlandish plus I've never read where Larry (or Gary) took on more than one victim.

I have to admit, Mollie Tibbetts dad's dedication about keeping M.T.'s abduction front and center for 2 loooong months is astounding to me.
I believe that's what it takes, plus 'taking the gloves off' and fighting for your loved one's return. I think he works in public relations, used to talking in front of cameras and thinking up ways to 'keep it front and center'.
Today he announced a new FB page...there is one (or maybe 2?) for the M3W but it's mostly for condolences, IMO anyway.

I see someone else (finally) is ready to get this solved...vs wait til a puzzle piece miraculously appears. That would make me feel so helpless is it was my daughter, sister, niece etc.

With the all 3 women taken...it's like the someone wanted to make a HUGE statement plus a lotta paranoia and/or hate. Or it was a pack of random serial killers such as the Hall brothers, the odds of that are outlandish plus I've never read where Larry (or Gary) took on more than one victim.

In most crimes I thought LE look at the last known people to see the victims alive and then look at the first person at the scene of said crime. I assume Janelle has been cleared but it’s mind boggling that she is one of the last known people to see the two girls and she is the first one on the scene and not only that she helped contaminant the crime scene.

I can’t but help think this crime is a lot closer to home than a serial killer or a sexual deviant.

ETA - also if this was sexual motivated then why would the guilty party not of raped Sherrill Levitt before the two girls got home as they was not expected home?

Last edited:
I can’t help feeling there had been threats made against Sherrill for a while - Suzie, Stacey, Janelle and others knew about it as Suzie told them - said threats were brushed off (considered ramblings) Stacey was a little concerned as mentioned it in passing to a gym friend - perhaps Suzie wanted to go home grad night purely as Sherrill was alone, certainly not expecting anything imminent, just wanted to check Mum ok
imo

It’d make more sense for Suzie to discuss Sherrill’s business with friends if her friends knew or knew of the people making threats against Sherrill. I think if Janelle and Mike don’t absolutely know who was responsible, they have a good idea.
I wish we knew what Mike and Janelle told LE and the McCalls immediately after they disappeared.

Exactly Talulla and I love your footnote - ‘there’s less to this than meets the eye’ ( my bold for the word less)

Occum’s razor - the simplest solution is usually the right one

Things took a really bad unintentional turn

As asyousay posted thoughts on incident being a lot closer to home - I also agree

IMO

I once mentioned this on the FB M3W group and got laughed off....

It could have been presented as a fun "kidnap"...think of the party atmosphere. They took mom along vs excluding her.
Leaving the cigs is a problem...but perhaps one of the 'kidnappers' smoked also. Smokers bum off each other all the time.

In a 'fun' kidnap (happened to me once) you aren't allowed to change clothes, it's a come as you are and if a girl participated as the kidnapper then Stacy would (perhaps) feel comfortable in her t-shirt and panties (remember it's a 'come as you are' and rather bizarre, (when I got 'kidnapped', it was an in and out, no dawdling allowed).

Maybe the women got out the door and saw males, Stacy tried to go back in (to grab her shorts) but there came the struggle and broken glass globe (we don't know, maybe it was already loose)

And things turned south...either on purpose or accidental.

Anyway...it's just a thought. Lot's of 'maybees' and Janelle would have had to have been the female. Her mom could have covered for Janelle. Janelle sure looked haggard! (but she looked haggard in the graduation photo...and then the TV interview).

Not saying it DID happen this way, just an idea.

As I recall, there is NOTHING to suggest that the two girls called/notified Sherrill before heading that direction. Neither were supposed to be there. Since we don't know who the offender is we can't know what time he got there. He may have already been there. It is unlikely that any random psycho would break in to a house with three cars out front.

As I recall, there is NOTHING to suggest that the two girls called/notified Sherrill before heading that direction. Neither were supposed to be there. Since we don't know who the offender is we can't know what time he got there. He may have already been there. It is unlikely that any random psycho would break in to a house with three cars out front.

I also don't believe it was a random crime ,
in my opinion it was a kidnapping-assassination invited by someone, Maybe the perps were already there, even if they didn't they had a contract that they had to carry out that specific night ,the order was to make the women disappear and not just to kill them and leave them in the house ( Stacy was just in wrong place) then the police will have a difficult to understand what is the motive and that would make the criminals more likely to escape justice , and that's what unfortunately happened until these days.

Last edited:

I think if somebody was in the home when Stacy and Suzie arrived cinnamon the dog would of given the game away. Yet we know from the evidence the girls got ready for bed and even had time to clean their faces.

I think if somebody was in the home when Stacy and Suzie arrived cinnamon the dog would of given the game away. Yet we know from the evidence the girls got ready for bed and even had time to clean their faces.

It has been speculated before that maybe the perp(s) was/were known by either Sherrill and Suzie, or by Suzie and Stacy....it's possible somebody was in that house and Cinnamon may very well have been ok with it.

Case and point....my wife and I have two big American Akitas that live in the house. We live on a corner lot, and our bedroom window is near where some of the neighborhood mailboxes are located. One night at 2am, an unfamiliar Kia minivan stopped there to top off his coolant. Our male went balistic. However, my brother keeps a lawnmower at my house, near this same corner of the house. He keeps weird hours himself, and can pull his pickup into our driveway, walk to the back gate, let himself in the yard, get his mower, load it up and leave....the dogs don't even acknowledge he was there. Sometimes, a neighbor simply walking by on the side road will get the dogs upset....and it's usually the same guy. Other people can come and go with no problem.

My point is, dogs have a sixth sense about people....depending on who may have possibly been in Sherrill's room (purely specilation if ANYBODY was there or not), Cinnamon might not have picked up on any danger until after the situation changed....

Entire (lengthy) post is speculation and my opinion only.

-Curtis

The behavior of the friend Janelle is odd. Someone else mentioned that it isn't normal to start cleaning someone's house when they aren't home and you aren't that familiar with the place. They were supposed to be at her house that night but it was crowded with family so Stacy and Suzie decided to sleep at Suzie's. Did something happen at Janelle's to make them uncomfortable? I wonder if a lot of out of town people were visiting because of graduation. To abduct 3 women from their home, or at least the home of Suzie and Sherrill, and control them would be hard for one person. It is also risky. If someone was in the house and not expecting anyone but Sherrill to be home they let the two teenagers get ready for bed, why not just take the mom. I doubt she would have protested much if it meant saving her daughter.
Was it confirmed that the girls made it home? This is probably out there but what if they didn't make it to the Leveritt/Streeter home. If they had gotten ready for bed somewhere else and died or were killed, could someone have come back to make it look like they made it home and then lured the mom out of the house?

New member, long time lurker here.
I’m still not completely convinced that the girls made it to the house that night. Everything looks to be staged to me anyway. I think their entire peer group, not just close friends, should have been investigated more thoroughly about whereabouts and timeline.
I was thinking the same thing! It would be easier to get a mother out of the house either by saying something happened to her daughter, or by kidnapping her. I found it odd that Stacy confirmed with her mom that she was staying at Janelle's but then supposedly went to Suzie's house. If the had been ready for bed at another location their stuff could have just been moved to Streeter's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth