Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not supposed to sleuth family members yet I have so many questions about Bart Streeter. He and his mother were "estranged" and "had been at odds". The two girls were NOT expected there that night. I've read in a link posted earlier in this thread that photos had been removed from frames in the house though when I asked if this was true no one answered. I truly would like to know how LE cleared Bart. I don't think that's unreasonable. I do hope I'm not violating rules.

We are not supposed to sleuth family members yet I have so many questions about Bart Streeter. He and his mother were "estranged" and "had been at odds". The two girls were NOT expected there that night. I've read in a link posted earlier in this thread that photos had been removed from frames in the house though when I asked if this was true no one answered. I truly would like to know how LE cleared Bart. I don't think that's unreasonable. I do hope I'm not violating rules.
fair question
I think though can not remember what or why but he has a rock solid alibi.
when I first heard the story he ws my first point of interest too but there was something that cleared him 100%.
if I get a chance ill try and find something to confirm but it was in a video doc on you tube I remember that much.
the info is out there about him.

He is on the Disappeared episode on the ID channel and is open about the relationship with his mom. I can understand why he might need to move on after years and being a suspect at one time.

my hinky metre doesn't register with bartt.

does however with Janelle being the last person to :-
- see them,
-invited them back to her place but then sent them on their way,
-first to go 'looking for them",
- see a disturbed alarming entry with broken glass and the door slightly open , which we'll just clean that up even though its very strange no ones here and I have never been here before at this house (which Janelle described suzie AS THAT OTHER GIRL )because suzie isn't my close friend stacy is.
- and that's right ...just as I am about to walk out I decide to answer the phone and there co-incidently is a weirdo on the other end saying strange sex stuff to me.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ive got a hinky metre for reckla and clay also.
clay bad mouthing them wishing them dead hearsay and the pair not being able to confirm their alibi about the concert sketchy considering suzie was about to give evidence about them the following week.

the irony that the whole trial was abandoned without suzies destimony isn't lost on me.

jmo

- see them,
- see a disturbed alarming entry with broken glass and the door slightly open , which we'll just clean that up even though its very strange no ones here and I have never been here before at this house (which Janelle described suzie AS THAT OTHER GIRL )because suzie isn't my close friend stacy is.
- and that's right ...just as I am about to walk out I decide to answer the phone and there co-incidently is a weirdo on the other end saying strange sex stuff to me.

clay bad mouthing them wishing them dead hearsay and the pair not being able to confirm their alibi about the concert sketchy considering suzie was about to give evidence about them the following week.

jmo

Great post and I could not agree more. They to me are a lot more viable as suspects than a random killer who I can’t imagine would see 3 cars and think that it looks like a good target.

- see them,
- and that's right ...just as I am about to walk out I decide to answer the phone and there co-incidently is a weirdo on the other end saying strange sex stuff to me.tot

the irony that the whole trial was abandoned without suzies destimony isn't lost on me.

jmo

I suggest we get a shovel and dig up Janelle's parent's backyard.
Mom's her alibi. Would a parent lie for their child?

Janelle was obviously 'partying' and had to be doing drugs pretty heavy...evidence is in that graduation photo, IMO. As one person pointed out awhile back, Janelle had to be workin' pretty hard to get those bags under her eyes at 17 (and I don't think it was in reference to a job. Lol )

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 17

If you were on their FB group, yest you be violating but here......I don't think so.
Bartt left town (I think the state actually) after his mom and sister's disappearance.
I looked him up (googled) a long time ago and he was arrested in FL but it might have just been for a DUI. I can't remember specifics....sorry.

First time poster--long time lurker
BLUEGIRL1991--this has been my theory (almost exactly) for a really long time.

I live in a "suburb" of Springfield, work in Springfield & have lived here my entire life. I was a freshman in high school when this happened and it still haunts me to this day.

Welcome to the forum SWMOgirl :)

It will be very interesting to hear from you as a person who lives in Springfield what are the rumors in the Area regarding the disappearance, if there any.

I also tend to believe that the graverobbers have some connection ,even if not directly.

- see them,

jmo

I would be very interested to know
What information Susie shared with Janelle regarding her life and her mother's life and if Suzie told to Janelle something about concerns and fear from someone. Maybe Janelle hold some information.

There is no doubt that the proximity to the trial and to the testimony of Suzie increases the suspicion regarding the graverobbers and their unknown partners( Maybe criminals from higher league.

I feel so sorry for Bart ,the mccall's & for the levitt family . It's really Incomprehensible that 3 women kidnapped and 26 years later there is no justice and no Closure.

Last edited:
drugs = grave 'gold' diggers......
did they all know each other? Janelle her bf (Henson) and the 3 GDs?....
goodquestion

on a guess one would have to say yes.

the graduation parties would have been the parties of the year.
for school kids and young adults all over springfield.
I am the same age (vintage) exactly as these girls were ( and should be now)and let me assure you back in the day before social media me and my girls new EVERY hot guy (even the not hotties)within a 200km radious!
:p:D:)

and wanna be bikies
are always well known in my experience!

I would be very interested to know
What information Susie shared with Janelle regarding her life and her mother's life and if Suzie told to Janelle something about concerns and fear from someone. Maybe Janelle hold some information.

There is no doubt that the proximity to the trial and to the testimony of Suzie increases the suspicion regarding the graverobbers and their unknown partners( Maybe criminals from higher league.

I feel so sorry for Bart ,the mccall's & for the levitt family . It's really Incomprehensible that 3 women kidnapped and 26 years later there is no justice and no Closure.

I'm of the opinion, after much thought, that the whisperings about Sherrill and or Susie being fearful or Stacy being worrired about Sherrill...blah blah blah....
IMO, it's another 'rumor'......whoever started that rumor had a reason. To 'muddy up the waters'?

Quote:

"The brother and two former boyfriends of Suzie Streeter are taking
polygraph tests to verify their whereabouts when three Springfield
women disappeared, but police said the men are not suspects."

"I was upset with it, mainly because it's my mother and my sister
(who are missing) and I love them more than anything in the world,"
said Bartt Streeter, 27, following a 2-1/2 hour test Thursday that
police say he passed.

"Investigators will polygraph the two former boyfriends within a few
days, Sgt. Mark Webb said. All three have been interviewed at least
once, but they left unanswered questions about their whereabouts
when Streeter, 19, her mother, Sherrill Levitt, 47, and friend Stacy
McCall, 18, disappeared early Sunday morning."

"Capt. Tony Glenn insists the tests do not cast suspicion on the
three men." End quote. News-Leader, June 12, 1992.

the statement itself bymark webb and tony glenn doesn't stack up.
one says they arent satisified with answers from recla and clay and then glenn says these tests don't cast suspicion on these 3 men??
clay and recla hadnt even sat the polly???
goodgod:confused::confused::confused:

Quote:

The men passed the 20th and 21st polygraphs given in the
investigation, now 46 days old.
All but one person has passed the tests, indicating they were
telling the truth about the questions asked. No details were
released on the person who failed the test. End quote. News-
Leader, July 23, 1992

which known person to the girls failed the poly???
no names supplied

While I do like polygraphs, most of us understand that here is NOTHING that tells you if someone is lying or not. Polygraph tests depend on a physical reaction to a question and the reader's skill at interpretation. I wonder if those same suspects would/could take and pass a polygraph today.

this old 48 hours is pretty good to see a lot of the players.

the point of interest for me is dustin recla's body language.

its no wonder the case hasn't been solved.
they do get to the right people but just all fades away???
they get bamboozzled by false sightings (the green van)readings and random morons trying to inject themselves into the case.

why not focus on the ones trying to get away from the case.....now there's a thought??

While I do like polygraphs, most of us understand that here is NOTHING that tells you if someone is lying or not. Polygraph tests depend on a physical reaction to a question and the reader's skill at interpretation. I wonder if those same suspects would/could take and pass a polygraph today.
yeah true catmammy

if you are a cool cat under pressure then its a pointless exercise.
that's why they don't stand up in court.
I get that vibe from dustin. I could be bias though lol looking for a reason that he passed his:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose