Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I find....peculiar......the way I understand it is Janelle and Mike go over around noon, they're 'concerned'....but they never call Janice.

Moose....this may very well be the best post I have ever contemplated while following this case, and I have followed it my entire adult life.

Thinking back to my own highschool experience and my own particular circle of friends, I put myself in Janelle's shoes. I hung out with the same three guys throughout highschool....

Would I have went in the house? Of the three friends, one yes, one maybe, one probably not. Would I have called the friend's parents? Two yes....I was pretty close to one's mom, and I got along really well with the other one's mom & dad. The third one....his mom didn't like me, so I may or may not have tried to get a hold of her.

Janelle seemed close enough to Stacy for it to be reasonable to think she ought to have called Janice. I agree, something not quite right about her not doing so. Also, we know Janice called Janelle's house and talked to her sister, per the "Disappeared" video. That tells me Janelle never called Janice. This really doesn't sit well with me....just my thoughts.

Regarding Janelle, referring to Susie as "the other girl" but at the same time walking into the "other girl's" house, touching things etc. just DON'T ADD UP.
exactly!

and its fact.
we have all seen those words come out of janelles mouth on tape.
'stacey stayed at the other girls house'

that sounds very disassociated considering we know she tampered with the crime scene of "that other girls house" FIRST :confused::eek:o_O

Moose....this may very well be the best post I have ever contemplated while following this case, and I have followed it my entire adult life.

Thinking back to my own highschool experience and my own particular circle of friends, I put myself in Janelle's shoes. I hung out with the same three guys throughout highschool....

Would I have went in the house? Of the three friends, one yes, one maybe, one probably not. Would I have called the friend's parents? Two yes....I was pretty close to one's mom, and I got along really well with the other one's mom & dad. The third one....his mom didn't like me, so I may or may not have tried to get a hold of her.

Janelle seemed close enough to Stacy for it to be reasonable to think she ought to have called Janice. I agree, something not quite right about her not doing so. Also, we know Janice called Janelle's house and talked to her sister, per the "Disappeared" video. That tells me Janelle never called Janice. This really doesn't sit well with me....just my thoughts.
Thank you :D

And you presented a great examples of different levels of familiarity with parent's......the way I understand it, Janelle and Stacy had just (again) started hanging with Susie. Why? And I've heard different 'stories'...Janelle had never been over to the house was one.

With the 'concern' thing...Janelle is.....IMO.....lying.
80% of the time, (in 1988 report I listed earlier) it was someone close to the victim(s).

I used to think it was something to do with drugs....now, I'm not so sure. And when people say 'drugs' as the motive. What does that mean? Isn't that crime typically a 'drug deal gone bad'? If Sherrill owed a 'dealer' $$$.... it was in her purse. If the perp(s) were fearful of their identity being disclosed...a strong threat over the phone would do the trick for me. I'd get an unlisted number. Tell other people about the threat. Contact the police. Did Sherrill have a brain and common sense...? I assume so.....
IMO the "Sherrill was fearful" is a rumor. Who started it?

I have followed this case since Day One (or at least when it first hit the news) and have held many different theories over the years as to who did the crime, and, really, again, the most simple, time-honored theory is, I have come to feel, the correct one: revenge.

Sherrill was the person most likely to be at the house. The girls? Not so much. Collateral damage.

Culprit or culprits? Probably two men, and, with weapons, two men could easily, given the advantage of surprise, control the scene. (One could, but with more difficulty.)

In for a penny, in for a pound - all of the women had to be eliminated.

A case of cherchez la femme? I feel more certain than ever that Sherrill was involved with someone she should not have been, so a partner or spouse certainly deserve long looks, as do their male relatives.

Maybe drugs? Sure, possibly drug dealing was involved and she could have known too much, seen too much. But I think the sex angle is the truth, simplified. Be careful where you sleep, and with whom.

I have followed this case since Day One (or at least when it first hit the news) and have held many different theories over the years as to who did the crime, and, really, again, the most simple, time-honored theory is, I have come to feel, the correct one: revenge.

Sherrill was the person most likely to be at the house. The girls? Not so much. Collateral damage.

Culprit or culprits? Probably two men, and, with weapons, two men could easily, given the advantage of surprise, control the scene. (One could, but with more difficulty.)

In for a penny, in for a pound - all of the women had to be eliminated.

A case of cherchez la femme? I feel more certain than ever that Sherrill was involved with someone she should not have been, so a partner or spouse certainly deserve long looks, as do their male relatives.

Maybe drugs? Sure, possibly drug dealing was involved and she could have known too much, seen too much. But I think the sex angle is the truth, simplified. Be careful where you sleep, and with whom.

Revenge sounds like the correct motive, MOO
Sex, Money, Revenge (Lt. Joe Kenda)
Your thoughts are someone sought revenge towards Sherrill b/c she slept with someone's spouse (significant other). Correct?
That's possible too. Do you think SPD did not dig deep 'enough' into Sherrill's life?

Revenge sounds like the correct motive, MOO
Sex, Money, Revenge (Lt. Joe Kenda)
Your thoughts are someone sought revenge towards Sherrill b/c she slept with someone's spouse (significant other). Correct?
That's possible too. Do you think SPD did not dig deep 'enough' into Sherrill's life?
SPD may have faced certain challenges in their investigation, perhaps. I think there may be a road not taken, as it were. Puzzle-piece missing.

Thank you :D

And you presented a great examples of different levels of familiarity with parent's......the way I understand it, Janelle and Stacy had just (again) started hanging with Susie. Why? And I've heard different 'stories'...Janelle had never been over to the house was one.

With the 'concern' thing...Janelle is.....IMO.....lying.
80% of the time, (in 1988 report I listed earlier) it was someone close to the victim(s).

I used to think it was something to do with drugs....now, I'm not so sure. And when people say 'drugs' as the motive. What does that mean? Isn't that crime typically a 'drug deal gone bad'? If Sherrill owed a 'dealer' $$$.... it was in her purse. If the perp(s) were fearful of their identity being disclosed...a strong threat over the phone would do the trick for me. I'd get an unlisted number. Tell other people about the threat. Contact the police. Did Sherrill have a brain and common sense...? I assume so.....
IMO the "Sherrill was fearful" is a rumor. Who started it?
I think the Kirby’s and McCalls probably discouraged Janelle and Stacy hanging out with Suzie and considered her a bad influence-grave robbers thing and she’d lived with boyfriends. I’m not sure about Mrs. Kirby, but Mrs. McCall didn’t seem to think much of Suzie or Sherrill.
I wonder who Stacy discussed Sherrill’s fear with at the gym. It would only have made sense to someone who knew Sherrill too. I understand Sherrill didn’t broadcast her business but if she was afraid wouldn’t she discuss that with her friends or coworkers-not her daughter or her daughter’s friends?

I think the Kirby’s and McCalls probably discouraged Janelle and Stacy hanging out with Suzie and considered her a bad influence-grave robbers thing and she’d lived with boyfriends. I’m not sure about Mrs. Kirby, but Mrs. McCall didn’t seem to think much of Suzie or Sherrill.
I wonder who Stacy discussed Sherrill’s fear with at the gym. It would only have made sense to someone who knew Sherrill too. I understand Sherrill didn’t broadcast her business but if she was afraid wouldn’t she discuss that with her friends or coworkers-not her daughter or her daughter’s friends?

Good question on the who did Stacy talk to, at the gym, about Sherrill. And yeah, why would that person care about someone they didn't even know. Teenagers. Teen aged girls. What do they care about? Who do they care about?

Janelle said she hung out with both girls, separately. In other words, Stacy and Susie were not close friends. Janelle was the conduit of the trio.
I think SPD needs to look more into that 'reunion'...how, when and why.
An unlikely trio?
For some reason, I feel sorry for Susie...she seemed to be the most insecure of the three.

the perfectly timed creepy freaky phone call is seriously laughable.
its above cleaning up and contaminating the crime scene.
for me its like the preverbial oh the last time i seen my wife she walked out to cool off after we had a fight......never to be seen again....right :confused:
its adding the correct amount of boogie man at precisely the right time.
all while removing any actual incriminating boogie man from the scene by 'sweeping up".
its really eye rolling stuff!:eek:

I agree moose.
drugs is such a loose cure all end all for everything and I don't buy it for a second.
especially when there is no known connections to point in such a direction with any of the girls.
drugs is money …..no money or valuables were taken.

stacy telling "someone" sherill was scared of "someone" another loose rumour that no one seems to put ownership to. :oops:
hearsay

I think on a detective on Disappeared said Suzie would do anything to make friends and fit in.
Wouldn’t it have made more sense for Suzie and Stacy to have ridden to Sherrill’s in one car if they were picking up Janelle later that morning to go to a water park? Was there a reason they didn’t want to leave a car at Janelle’s?

I think on a detective on Disappeared said Suzie would do anything to make friends and fit in.
Wouldn’t it have made more sense for Suzie and Stacy to have ridden to Sherrill’s in one car if they were picking up Janelle later that morning to go to a water park? Was there a reason they didn’t want to leave a car at Janelle’s?
I have wondered this too talullah
when all the girls were spending the next few days joined at the hip why were they needing to go to the same place in two cars??
they were going back to janelles in the morning?

another arrow shooting straight at there was some kind of altercation at janelles.
jmo

I doubt we ever know but I think Janelle fell out with Suzie and Stacy. Maybe she felt like a 3rd wheel. I doubt it since she had a boyfriend. Maybe she felt Stacy betrayed her by hanging out with Suzie.
Why was it so important to Mrs. McCall and Janelle that people know Stacy didn’t always hang out with Suzie? I get the impression Janelle felt hanging out with Suzie was slumming, and it makes me wonder why or how they became friends. I’d love to know if Janelle’s boyfriend was friends with one of Suzie’s exes.

I doubt we ever know but I think Janelle fell out with Suzie and Stacy. Maybe she felt like a 3rd wheel. I doubt it since she had a boyfriend. Maybe she felt Stacy betrayed her by hanging out with Suzie.
Why was it so important to Mrs. McCall and Janelle that people know Stacy didn’t always hang out with Suzie? I get the impression Janelle felt hanging out with Suzie was slumming, and it makes me wonder why or how they became friends. I’d love to know if Janelle’s boyfriend was friends with one of Suzie’s exes.
I read somewhere that mike and at least one of the grave robbers went to school together.
I have nothing to support this claim though except they are the same age I think. so odds are likely.
imo

Good question on the who did Stacy talk to, at the gym, about Sherrill. And yeah, why would that person care about someone they didn't even know. Teenagers. Teen aged girls. What do they care about? Who do they care about?

Janelle said she hung out with both girls, separately. In other words, Stacy and Susie were not close friends. Janelle was the conduit of the trio.
I think SPD needs to look more into that 'reunion'...how, when and why.
An unlikely trio?
For some reason, I feel sorry for Susie...she seemed to be the most insecure of the three.
Teenage girls care about boyfriends and having something to do. If Mike told Janelle not to hang out with Suzie Janelle probably wouldn’t have.

For those questions concerning Janelle ...join the FB group. McCall, Janelle and one of the Grave Robbers....are in the group.
Be nice when asking questions.
It's a 'closed' group so you'll need to apply.

;)

Was Mike (Hensen) driving the girls to Branson the next morning?
I'm under the assumption Janelle did not own a car, did not have a job = more dependent.
"Mom" (Joy Kirby) it was 2 a.m....mom said she 'heard' the girls talking....huh? Wouldn't the girls be a bit quiet? Knowing people were asleep?
Did Janelle's parents have guns in the house? Was Mike a deer hunter?
The less you lie, the less you have to remember.
IMO, truth leaks out through the cracks, whether you want it to or not.
Truth is always somewhere in the middle....IMO.
Janelle states that Cinnamon was agitated...hmmmm Verses "She was happy to see us."
Again. Her words do not add up, if you thought the dog was 'agitated' and upset about something...wouldn't you sound the alarm?
No. I'd go through the house, note everything is perfectly 'neat' and 'tidy', sweep up the glass....then head to the town's water park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966