Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello new here. Ive been obsessed with this case for several years but have never gone on any forums about it. Have had some aspirations of being like Kathee Baird.

Does anybody know anything about the content of the phone call to AMW and any info of deleted vm beyond it was weird??

The idea of a staged crimescene is interesting, I'll have to look up ScewedViews posts. I always found the purses sitting in a row weird. Never knew any women who lived together (and their guest) who lined their purses up in one area.

Given the lack of clues I think people overanalyze slightly odd behavior. Like for example Suzees car looks totally normal to me. I see horrendous parking jobs in parking lots daily. Shes barely in the grass and given its a circle driveway it makes no difference if theres room to the left or right. The purses on the other hand to me legitimately seems weird and maybe evidence of being staged.

Sidenote. Any other car people here who admire the hatchback foxbody every time they see the picture? lol I wonder if its the 5.0, I dont see badges.

I agree, such a bizarre case, to say the very least. I am interested in who all you think the target was. I tend to go back and forth between Sherrill and Suzie. I think that Stacy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately.

I think Suzie more so than Sherrill. If only Sherrill, she was by herself for about 3.5 hours.

it has been argued that the perp was in the house when they arrived. I’m not buying that. The girls were preparing or had to go to bed. If Sherrill was there, she surely would have come out to greet the girls.

The wild card is whether the alleged sighting at the APCO station happened. I used to believe that was debunked. Recently new information came to my attention that did in fact was valid. I am ambivalent.

On the other hand, regardless of who the target both had to be taken as the one remaining would have surely have been able to have fingered the likely perp or perps. Stacy was almost certainly in the wrong place at the wrong time except for this caveat. If she was being eyed by some lone stalker, she may simply have been followed to the Delmar address.

It has been alleged that something was bothering Suzie and was concerned enough that she would need someone to follow her home. I’m not sure I really buy that argument. She supposedly had eaten a pizza and had an upset stomach earlier. If that was true, that was several hours before she went home at 2:20AM as reported by Jannelle’s mother when the girls left and she looked at her alarm clock. The timeline from the party breaking up on Hanover at 1:50AM. The address in Battlefield was 57 blocks west of Hanover. We can safely assume the 2:20 AM is almost certainly correct.

This is not widely known but Suzie was said to be easily lost when driving as others are. That is to say if she was nearly 12 miles from her home she would want someone to help her get home safely should she get disoriented on the way home. Her last known words were to Stacy were to follow her home. While Janelle had never been to the Delmar address, Stacy had and would have known how to get there late at night.

The target would have been Sherrill. No one else was expected to be home that night. The perp was already there thus the placement of the other car. The girls got undressed for bed and the offender confronted them with Sherrill held at gunpoint. That would make at least one of the girl's - her daughter - compliant and probably the other girl as well. There was no signs of robbery or of anyone searching for anything. Also, if all the women knew or recognized the person they would be more prone to comply because they wouldn't think this person might ultimately kill them. If there had been more than one person, after all these years it is most likely that lips would have become more loose. Two people can keep a secret if one is dead. My theory, and theory only, of course, is that it was a single person KNOWN to at least two if not all three. The target was Sherrill. The two girls were collateral damage.
I do think Sherrill was the likely target as well. I know many theories have been discussed about drugs or knowledge of drugs being the motive, but I kind of think it was a different motive, IMO. I believe she had a stalker or someone obsessed with her.
I don't believe Bart was involved and I'm not sure how they cleared him but it took them a little while. I believe his alibi was being home alone sleeping, I may be wrong. When he was interviewed he seemed truly distressed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree, such a bizarre case, to say the very least. I am interested in who all you think the target was. I tend to go back and forth between Sherrill and Suzie. I think that Stacy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time unfortunately.

I think Suzie more so than Sherrill. If only Sherrill, she was by herself for about 3.5 hours.

It has been argued that the perp was in the house when they arrived. I’m not buying that. The girls were preparing or had to go to bed. If Sherrill was there, she surely would have come out to greet the girls.

The wild card is whether the alleged sighting at the APCO station happened. I used to believe that was debunked. Recently new information came to my attention that did in fact was valid. I am ambivalent.

On the other hand, regardless of who the target both had to be taken as the one remaining would have surely have been able to have fingered the likely perp or perps. Stacy was almost certainly in the wrong place at the wrong time except for this caveat. If she was being eyed by some lone stalker, she may simply have been followed to the Delmar address.

It has been alleged that something was bothering Suzie and was concerned enough that she would need someone to follow her home. I’m not sure I really buy that argument. She supposedly had eaten a pizza and had an upset stomach earlier. If that was true, that was several hours before she went home at 2:20AM as reported by Jannelle’s mother when the girls left and she looked at her alarm clock. The timeline from the party breaking up on Hanover at 1:50AM. The address in Battlefield was 57 blocks west of Hanover. We can safely assume the 2:20 AM is almost certainly correct.

This is not widely known but Suzie was said to be easily lost when driving as others are. That is to say if she was nearly 12 miles from her home she would want someone to help her get home safely should she get disoriented on the way home. Her last known words were to Stacy were to follow her home. While Janelle had never been to the Delmar address, Stacy had and would have known how to get there late at night.

Hello new here. Ive been obsessed with this case for several years but have never gone on any forums about it. Have had some aspirations of being like Kathee Baird.

Does anybody know anything about the content of the phone call to AMW and any info of deleted vm beyond it was weird??

The idea of a staged crimescene is interesting, I'll have to look up ScewedViews posts. I always found the purses sitting in a row weird. Never knew any women who lived together (and their guest) who lined their purses up in one area.

Given the lack of clues I think people overanalyze slightly odd behavior. Like for example Suzees car looks totally normal to me. I see horrendous parking jobs in parking lots daily. Shes barely in the grass and given its a circle driveway it makes no difference if theres room to the left or right. The purses on the other hand to me legitimately seems weird and maybe evidence of being staged.

Sidenote. Any other car people here who admire the hatchback foxbody every time they see the picture? lol I wonder if its the 5.0, I dont see badges.

Hi dimound life, wcome to WS. I have been very puzzled about the way the purses were lined up for quit some time as well.

After much thought, I come to think that the perps planned on taking the purses with them, but simply forgot them. One of the perps had them lined up at the bottom of the steps to Suzie's room. I don't think they were staged, but forgotten.

Welcome.
As far as I know the caller to AMW was reported as having enough facts about the case that they were trying to connect them to local LE and somehow the call was lost. The person never called back.
The vm that was lost was reported to be from a man but I'm not sure of the content. I believe all the voicemails were lost from their machine.
The caller that was "pranking" them was just saying random sexual stuff to whoever answered the phone. Friends and family reported they had a call like that when they were in the house looking for the girls. I think they actually found the guy doing it, he was calling several houses.

Hi dimound life, wcome to WS. I have been very puzzled about the way the purses were lined up for quit some time as well.

After much thought, I come to think that the perps planned on taking the purses with them, but simply forgot them. One of the perps had them lined up at the bottom of the steps to Suzie's room. I don't think they were staged, but forgotten.

I had thought they may have been taken to examine for ties to the perp or perps. On the other hand he knew there wasn’t and merely told them to leave them. Almost for certain is that the money was left behind. Theft was not the motive.

The police were actually very interested in the message that got deleted by mrs. McCall when she was fiddling with the answering machine. They felt that call was related to the case. Mrs. McCall and the police probably know what the caller said, but from news reports it was not related to the prank calls.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/10...rious-disappearance-of-the-springfield-three/

That video and transcript is well looking at. What I had never seen before that is that Susie’s best friend says that Suzie would always park her car in the carport.

Now it may be that Sherrill parked her car there believing that Suzie would not be returning that night. This is why that reported sighting at the APCO station is or could be critical.

The alleged threat made to Baird is something that I believe should have been fully fleshed out. That was an opportunity lost. If these people were going to harm her, would they come after her after the program aired? I do believe what she said did in fact happen, however. I just don’t understand the reticence to not say exactly what happened.

i have a theory. It is that whoever stopped her simply wanted her to stop talking about the case - period. Think about what happened to Garrison. Some unknown biker showed up at his lawyer’s office to threaten the LAWYER. Garrison said he never knew who that guy was. After that the defense went nowhere and the lawyer’s statement at the conclusion of the trial was tepid at best.

A complete library of those news articles can be found on Proboards, including the original police report and numerous newspaper accounts.

That video and transcript is well looking at. What I had never seen before that is that Susie’s best friend says that Suzie would always park her car in the carport.

Now it may be that Sherrill parked her car there believing that Suzie would not be returning that night. This is why that reported sighting at the APCO station is or could be critical.

The alleged threat made to Baird is something that I believe should have been fully fleshed out. That was an opportunity lost. If these people were going to harm her, would they come after her after the program aired?
Tell me what you know about the APCO sighting. It was around 2:15am, and was the store around the corner from her house? I haven't heard anyone talk about this.

Tell me what you know about the APCO sighting. It was around 2:15am, and was the store around the corner from her house? I haven't heard anyone talk about this.

As I recall that was some considerable distance from her house. That was one of the early reports and was in the 48 program.

Let me see if I can get some more info for you.

I agree with you on the parking job - and was also thinking about their potential for having partaken in festivities after graduation. Perhaps that could have affected the way she parked.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

MM
I've been reading some stuff online about the APCO sighting by an attendant on 2:15am the morning of their disappearance. He claims that Sherrill came in looking for her daughter and 2 friends. She was rushed and seemed upset. As with anything, there's some conflicting information about this.
He IDed her from missing poster.
Someone said the sighting was debunked, others said it was legit.
If it happened for real, maybe she was looking for Suzie and then arrived home after they did. Although, I don't know why she would be at a random gas station asking about her daughter.
Also, Sherrill's dog is a mystery to me. I think a neighbor ended up saying they heard her dog outside barking early hours that morning. Maybe she had let the dog outside to potty when the girls got home.
The dog was in the house and upset when Suzie's friend (Janelle I think) showed up at the house to look for them the next day.
It was a small dog, wonder how the perp(s) kept the dog from running outside and running away when all this happened?
Or getting hurt, you know how protective little dogs are. Unless the dog knew the perp.

It is my belief that the perp/perps arrived shortly after the girls got home for the night. To me, this explains the blinds moved in Suzie's room. Of course, that could be staged, but just seems odd to me. Now what I have always wondered about, is why Sherrill didn't wake up when the girls came in. Has it been stated for certain if Suzie called her mom to tell her about their change of plans? If she hadn't, it would seem to me that Sherrill might awaken once she heard commotion in the house. Just my opinion though.

MM
I've been reading some stuff online about the APCO sighting by an attendant on 2:15am the morning of their disappearance. He claims that Sherrill came in looking for her daughter and 2 friends. She was rushed and seemed upset. As with anything, there's some conflicting information about this.

He IDed her from missing poster.

Someone said the sighting was debunked, others said it was legit.

If it happened for real, maybe she was looking for Suzie and then arrived home after they did. Although, I don't know why she would be at a random gas station asking about her daughter.

Also, Sherrill's dog is a mystery to me. I think a neighbor ended up saying they heard her dog outside barking early hours that morning. Maybe she had let the dog outside to potty when the girls got home.

The dog was in the house and upset when Suzie's friend (Janelle I think) showed up at the house to look for them the next day.

It was a small dog, wonder how the perp(s) kept the dog from running outside and running away when all this happened?

Or getting hurt, you know how protective little dogs are. Unless the dog knew the perp.

You ask good questions.

We adopted a purebred Yorker for a short time but she was too unruly and returned her to the adoption agency.

That said, we have two other small doggies and they are wonderful. But one in particular goes bananas if someone comes to the door. I’ve tried everything short of a shock collar. We just live with them and they make good bed partners.

If the abductor was known it wouldn’t have been a problem. However a stranger would undoubtedly have set off quite a disturbance. It would have had to be restrained in some manner. Just off the top of my head it could have been placed in a crate or possibly in a bathroom.

I am informed that the attendant claims to this date was Sherrill. I don’t know that I accept that as fact based and I have never spoken to him. I’m ambivalent. I had thought it was debunked a long time ago. But it might explain why Sherrill’s car was in the carport and not Suzies. It would also follow that Suzie would have seen the headlights and having seen Sherrill’s car and let her in, relieved she was back home.

Sherrill could have been deceived into believing Suzie was at that station and brought the abductor into the house when she returned.

The biggest single problem is the lack of a motive. And I don’t have the answer.

P.S. My recollection is that the dog was heard barking at 1:30 AM which doesn’t fit the timeline.

For all we know the perp moved the blinds in the bedroom when they suddenly heard the girls return home for the evening as they wasn’t expected back m?

It is my belief that the perp/perps arrived shortly after the girls got home for the night. To me, this explains the blinds moved in Suzie's room. Of course, that could be staged, but just seems odd to me. Now what I have always wondered about, is why Sherrill didn't wake up when the girls came in. Has it been stated for certain if Suzie called her mom to tell her about their change of plans? If she hadn't, it would seem to me that Sherrill might awaken once she heard commotion in the house. Just my opinion though.
I think someone was watching the house that night(and for awhile) and all this happened shortly after the girls got home.
Sherrill could have been laying in bed, but awake reading or something waiting on her daughter. I do think she got up when the girls got home.
If the dog was put in a room, then why would Sherrill do this unless someone showed up that she trusted. Or some sort of professional.
LE released a timeline that Suzie called her mom at their residence earlier in the night maybe around 9, not anytime after midnight.
Of course LE could have details they're not releasing to public, hope they do.
I doubt that Cox really did do this and I know it sounds crazy to even mention this but.....he was living in area when they disappeared, he had motive, he was army ranger, he ask his girlfriend to give him fake alibi early on in investigation(why?), he drove a van(work van)and worked near their neighborhood. Weird coincidence? I guess.
Also around 900 dollars was left in Sherrill's handbag at home, the motive was sinister for sure. I think if it was someone involved in drugs and getting rid of witnesses, they would have murdered them there and left them. Why risk removing them from house. Also probably would have taken the cash. IMO

The way in which the purses were left, lined and neat, could also reveal, if staged by the perpetrator, an obssessive personality worried about cleanliness and perfection, usually a common feature in psycopaths.

I totally agree that the motive was surely not money. I also am in the boat that Cox isn't the perp. Seems all to easy to me. I could totally be wrong for sure, but I have never thought he was the culprit. I couldn't remember if it was confirmed that Suzie called her Mom or not, so thank you MaggieSky for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody