Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll offer this . I’ve owned / remodeled several houses from the 40’s that have those jelly jar wall lights . Normally 2-3 small set screws . One screw loosened won’t fall out unless the others are backed off somewhat .

One thing about these globes are they are Tough ! I’ve dropped a few And they didn’t break OR Just a few large pieces . The way it’s be portrayed it was “ shattered “ in a million pieces . So something is off here .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you cite the thread and posts? I would like to read them. I just didn’t recall seeing them and could be mistaken.

I don’t participate in any of those other forums and she responded to me , would have to look back and see which post # . I though you conversated with them though several times unless I’m dreaming .

"We cleaned it up because we knew Sherrill wouldn't want it that way," Kirby said. "Normally, the second it broke she would have cleaned it up. "

http://3missingwomen.proboards.com/thread/3/media-links?page=2#ixzz52iBbbtuz"

The way I read that quote according to Janelle the globe breaking was a regular occurrence although I wonder if that was a generalization about cleaning any broken item in the house inmediately. If I had a globe break multiple times at a house I just moved in Id replace the entire thing or give up replacing that component after 2 or 3 times.

I would take that as Sherrill wouldn't let a mess sit, if something spilled/broke she'd clean it up right away. I don't think she literally meant the globe breaking was a regular thing.

What do we know of Sherrill's ex husbands? I'm sure they were vetted by the police, but is anything known of significance about them?

What do we know of Sherrill's ex husbands? I'm sure they were vetted by the police, but is anything known of significance about them?

Both of them have been interrogated, though the second one was very difficult to find, due to the fact he had had many debts in the past (he is sort of a businessman) and did not want to be found, obviously. When interrogated, he showed his surprise because of the vanishing, but he said he had stopped all contact with Suzie (he is not her father) and Sherrill after the divorce. Also, he has a daughter, who was not Sherrill's, very close to her, up to the extent that she called Sherrill "my mum". This daughter has stated that her father was deeply in love with Sherrill, and she highlighted the fact that it was Sherrill the one who had asked for the divorce. To end, the man also affirmed he had happily remarried.
:
Here is the link to read about all this, but patience is required given its extension: http://3missingwomen.proboards.com/t...le-information.

Thank you. Do we know of Sherrill was dating anyone at the time? Both Suzie and Stacy were reported to have boyfriends. What do we know of them?

Thank you. Do we know of Sherrill was dating anyone at the time? Both Suzie and Stacy were reported to have boyfriends. What do we know of them?

You are welcome. I would say that Sherrill's dating is a mystery in this case, because depending on the sources you read about (different people, I mean), some of them assert she did not have a social life at all. One of her former friends even stated she had a bit of an eremite side. Notwithstansing, there is rumour that she could have been dating someone; you can read about this contradictory information in the link I attached in my previous post.
Regarding Suzie, only the graverobber Recla has been mentioned as her boyfriend, and I think there was another one whom Suzie lived with for a very short time. Again, the information in the abovementioned link.
With respect to Stacy, it is really strange because there is no information at all, something that has always called my attention.

I’ll offer this . I’ve owned / remodeled several houses from the 40’s that have those jelly jar wall lights . Normally 2-3 small set screws . One screw loosened won’t fall out unless the others are backed off somewhat .

One thing about these globes are they are Tough ! I’ve dropped a few And they didn’t break OR Just a few large pieces . The way it’s be portrayed it was “ shattered “ in a million pieces . So something is off here .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

Could be significant! Someone was very angry? Did Janelle think they'd gone on to Whitewater without her?
hmmmmm She did have her bf sweep the glass up.....which I always thought was out of character for teenagers.
And did he sweep the glass up before or after they discovered no one was home? hmm
IMO those 2 need to take a lie detector test.

First time poster. Hello to all. Came to this site years ago after seeing a special on this case like most people (but never posted, strictly a bystander).

Nothing to add of any substance, but what a sad case simply because it will most likely never be solved.

There are to many directions this case can go in for a truly thorough investigation.

If this had been today a camera somewhere would have given a lead of some sort.

You could literally have 50 scenarios.
The mother being involved with someone nobody knew (same for her daughter).

The girls getting followed unknowingly, the folks she was set to tell on in court. A random nutjob, or a pair of nutjobs.

Also, we (average follower of the case) don't really have a clue what the law knows and is withholding. For obvious reasons of course.

Broken bulb in front could be something or nothing. The shade which I've read was stuck open(ish) I've had personally in my room growing up. I'd look out awaiting friends all the time and after many times the metal would kind of stay crimped open looking like I had just done it even if I hadn't touched the window all day.

The dog thing is a tough one because even though that breed is a yapper, I've had many dogs over the years and my current one would be classified as a yapper as well, she'd cower in a corner and be quiet if the person didn't react to her barking. I have it happen daily when I have unexpected or company unknown to my dog. She'll bark, but if that person doesn't react, she shuts down and hides.

The girls could have walked into something along with the possibility they flat out forgot to lock the door and someone walked in.

I'm born and raised in New York city and have 'door locking' engrained into my brain, but I can't lie and say I've NEVER forgotten my door open because I have. As you guys know, it only takes one time for something bad to happen.

Or it could be a rare one in a million type thing. I once had a guy bang on my door looking for someone at 4am (wrong apt or psycho, who knows?), but I didn't open the door. Who knows what would have happened if I had accidentally left the door open.

Also, it's very hard to guess what people will do in any given situation. I've agreed and disagreed with many theories I've read here. I can't even imagine how I'd react if someone walked into my house waving a gun if I'm dead asleep. Also, I've read folks mention the mom probably spoke to the kids when they got home, but that's another tricky one. I was always the type to avoid my parents when coming in late and odds are honestly, my parents wouldn't bother waking up so it's so tough to come up with a definitive conclusion.

She could have been bound up for all we know held up in that room with the dog and the perp(s) simply waited it out until they heard the girls finally simmer down and didn't hear any noise, then part 2 of the crime took place (the girls). That's with the assumption mom was the intended or just the available target.

Very hard to touch on all the things on this case because as I wrote in the beginning, way to many directions this can go in.

Could have been someone random just being a nutjob, someone specifically looking for the mom, looking for only the daughter, someone from one of the parties etc.

So hard because it was totally random, or totally planned in this case. That leaves so many options. Some details we read into even though they could mean nothing.

I didn't even touch on the kids cleaning up or anything else and I could go on for days in regards to possibilities.

Apologies for the length of the post

A couple of quick thoughts.

The actual bulb was not broken. The globe around the bulb was what was actually broken. That bulb and the yard light were reportedly connected on the same light switch. When the switch was turned on, both lights were lit and were on when the crime scene was discovered.

I obtained a similar globe of that vintage if the bulb was enclosed. There was about 3/16 of clearance between the bulb and the globe. It was possible for a loose globe to fall free without breaking the bulb. A more sinister possibility is that a police baton was used to break the globe into a towel and the scattering the shards on the porch.

This is why the police were dismayed that the shards had been swept up. It was impossible to know what actually happened.

There are several observers of this case who believe there was actually police (or fake cops) involvement. Even some members of the police force have said that as well.

The actual bulb was not broken. The globe around the bulb was what was actually broken. That bulb and the yard light were reportedly connected on the same light switch. When the switch was turned on, both lights were lit and were on when the crime scene was discovered.

I obtained a similar globe of that vintage if the bulb was enclosed. There was about 3/16 of clearance between the bulb and the globe. It was possible for a loose globe to fall free without breaking the bulb. A more sinister possibility is that a police baton was used to break the globe into a towel and the scattering the shards on the porch.

This is why the police were dismayed that the shards had been swept up. It was impossible to know what actually happened.

There are several observers of this case who believe there was actually police (or fake cops) involvement. Even some members of the police force have said that as well.

Missouri Mule, you've been a great contributer to this case/thread.

I think I've read the majority of the threads on this case and you've definitely put in some serious time into this.

Without looking at all the avenues of possibilities, I think the one of perp(s) in law uniforms is definitely a plausible explanation of what happened.

I'd bet 10 out of 10 times if three people were abducted from their home by regular looking bad guys (no uniforms on) the house would have looked like a war zone from an intense fight.

They would obviously have put their guard down if law enforcement came to the door that late thinking a major bad incident has happened to someone they knew or loved.

Sadly no one would confess to this if I was a betting man. Doing something like this shows you really aren't big on integrity, honesty or caring for people.

Missouri Mule, you've been a great contributer to this case/thread.

I think I've read the majority of the threads on this case and you've definitely put in some serious time into this.

Without looking at all the avenues of possibilities, I think the one of perp(s) in law uniforms is definitely a plausible explanation of what happened.

I'd bet 10 out of 10 times if three people were abducted from their home by regular looking bad guys (no uniforms on) the house would have looked like a war zone from an intense fight.

They would obviously have put their guard down if law enforcement came to the door that late thinking a major bad incident has happened to someone they knew or loved.

Sadly no one would confess to this if I was a betting man. Doing something like this shows you really aren't big on integrity, honesty or caring for people.
One man was able to abduct the entire McStay family, so I wouldn't be so sure that one bad guy couldn't do this without the benefit of a police uniform. Grabbing one of the girls as a hostage.might have been enough to compel the compliance of the other two.

One man was able to abduct the entire McStay family, so I wouldn't be so sure that one bad guy couldn't do this without the benefit of a police uniform. Grabbing one of the girls as a hostage.might have been enough to compel the compliance of the other two.

Very very true. Its just so uncommon it doesn't enter as a first thought in your head.

In reality one person could definitely pull it off, especially looking at the targets. Three smallish sized women who'd be scared out of their mind. I wouldn't blame them for totally freezing up and following whatever was asked if them. Very easy for those of us who have thankfully never had to encounter anything that bad to say how they would have reacted in that situation.

So the one thing it seems we can probably eliminate is somebody breaking it directly from an elbow or head in a scuffle. It seems hard to shatter the globe so much without damaging the bulb.

So the one thing it seems we can probably eliminate is somebody breaking it directly from an elbow or head in a scuffle. It seems hard to shatter the globe so much without damaging the bulb.

It would seem so. But a police baton could break it without breaking the bulb.

Several people have expressed the view there was police involvement. A CI said the women “had to go” over drug connections.

One think I firmly believe is that the crime scene was staged. If that were true, they would also know how to stage a crime scene.

Unless there was a screw missing/others lose. A bump could make it fall without damaging the bulb. Not necessarily likely, but definitely possible IMO

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Also, if some of the screws were striped, then the globe may have not been on very tight. So any kind of little bump or knock could have caused it to fall from the fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member