Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But again, if you read this somewhere, it had to have been on one of the forums because I've never seen that stated publicly in any news article about the case, and I've read all of them that I could get my hands on, including sending off for micro-fich reels to look at the stories from back then, first hand.

I did say in my post “I read it on a earlier thread”. So it was this forum obviously or I would of said a thread on a different forum :)

But, by the same logic, all of the law enforcement agencies that were involved in the investigation, still had not been able to confirm MH's whereabouts and alibi, three months into the investigation. Personally, I feel the convenient store clerks sighting account can't be dismissed. The convenient store clerk was fairly adamant that it was Sherrill.
Especially is it was true. If it was true, that adds even more validity to the possibility that something caused Sherrill to leave her house at that early hour looking for Susie, as well as may add credence to the theory that the girls never made it home that night.[/QUOTE

Exactly.

This attached map is from:

IF the attendant at another convenience store, who discounted the Apco sighting as not Sherrill, was working at Git-N-Go....she must have had binoculars. She could tell the woman's hair was too long to be Sherrill. Personally, I cannot see 'details' 1/2 mile away. (The 2 dueling store attendants were interviewed on one of the earliest newscasts.)

And LE believed the Git-N-Go woman vs the Apco young man's account? :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-09 at 4.38.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-09 at 4.38.10 PM.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 43
But again, if you read this somewhere, it had to have been on one of the forums because I've never seen that stated publicly in any news article about the case, and I've read all of them that I could get my hands on, including sending off for micro-fich reels to look at the stories from back then, first hand.

Watching the 48 hours episode where they show the house even the fingerprint powder is visible on kitchen cabinets. They mention over and over that the only thing broken was the lamp cover outside and that there were no clues. That might have been giving too much info to the public. People wee in and out and no one noticed blood, let alone a bloody footprint. I know it was mentioned that Janelle wanted Mike to sweep the glass up because she was barefoot or in flip flops as well as wanting to be "helpful". Janelle worrying about glass in front of a door could turn into someone cutting their foot and leaving blood behind with miscommunication. It's understandable, we can't reread every thread for this case going back years so you don't always remember what you read or where. Blood is a big deal.

I have always wondered if there was something in Stacey choosing to spend the night as Suzie’s that night.

From all accounts that I have read Suzie and Stacey were not that close and didn’t spend time alone together.

So why would Stacey not of just spent the night at Janelles if she was that much closer with her?

I have always wondered if there was something in Stacey choosing to spend the night as Suzie’s that night.

From all accounts that I have read Suzie and Stacey were not that close and didn’t spend time alone together.

So why would Stacey not of just spent the night at Janelles if she was that much closer with her?

I think that's one reason classmates and teachers need to be interviewed again or for the first time to see if they did spend more time together and were closer than some people suggest. I believe they were childhood friends and sometimes even if you are in different cliques the people you've grown up with will still have a bond with you. If something happened, or someone made one or both girls uncomfortable at a party it would make sense for them to stick together.

This idea of the perps not entering the residence at all has always been a part of my theory(ies). I still find the waitress at Georges sighting of the women that night to be legit. She allegedly witnessed them talking to guys she didnt recognize and Suzie acting loud (or drunk), which makes sense since they had attended a few parties and it was grad night. Maybe Sherrill invited the girls out to eat, some guys chatted them up and Suzie smarted off to one of them, pissing them off. They followed the ladies to the Delmar residence unknowingly, parked out of site and approached the house on foot. One of them attempts to knock the porch light out to disguise their approach, but it only affects the casing and not the bulb itself. Hearing the commotion, Sherrill and perhaps the girls, go outside to see whats going on and are taken by gunpoint after some sort of fight.
Or
Same scenario at Georges, but the guys arent pissed at Suzie but instead find a way to get an invite from the ladies, maybe even followed them home without them knowing again, but this time Suzie hears someone pull in the drive after removing clothes and makeup and goes out to meet their newly found friends. Perhaps Stacy joins her after borrowing a pair of sweats from Suzie, beforehand. Some type of fight/chaos ensues that makes Sherrill come out at some point and they are all taken at gunpoint by one or more perps.
Has it ever been determined if LE could verify the girls being at Georges, perhaps by receipt or a banking statement of Sherrills? JMO's.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Watching the 48 hours episode where they show the house even the fingerprint powder is visible on kitchen cabinets. They mention over and over that the only thing broken was the lamp cover outside and that there were no clues. That might have been giving too much info to the public. People wee in and out and no one noticed blood, let alone a bloody footprint. I know it was mentioned that Janelle wanted Mike to sweep the glass up because she was barefoot or in flip flops as well as wanting to be "helpful". Janelle worrying about glass in front of a door could turn into someone cutting their foot and leaving blood behind with miscommunication. It's understandable, we can't reread every thread for this case going back years so you don't always remember what you read or where. Blood is a big deal.

While not believing that Janelle and Mike had anything directly to do with the girls disappearance, it is rather odd that over the years her story has changed so much. This is the biggest thing, (I'm assuming) to happen in her life (and def Springfield) how do you forget? Someone enlighten me here. Either Mike was being nice or she didn't want to cut her feet or is this simply the editing in these shows that reveal differences in her statements? Maybe she told every show and every reporter the same things but certain things are left out of the final cut?

I also read that Stacey’s finger prints were on the front door. I think I read it on a earlier thread that it proves she arrived at the house that morning.

I still think the van sighting seen by the paper boy/girl is really intriguing as it makes sense you would park up on the a street over and wait until the girls had got into bed before a blitz attack if followed home.

I read it also, concerning Stacy's fingerprints.....but were her fingerprints on file with LE?

I think that's one reason classmates and teachers need to be interviewed again or for the first time to see if they did spend more time together and were closer than some people suggest. I believe they were childhood friends and sometimes even if you are in different cliques the people you've grown up with will still have a bond with you. If something happened, or someone made one or both girls uncomfortable at a party it would make sense for them to stick together.

Another theory that just makes sense. Stacy leaving with Suzie to get away from someone perhaps from Kansas (Janelles visiting relatives) and this person found their way to the Delmar house by way of Janelle giving them directions? Hence her changing her story over the years bc of possible guilt bc she felt like this relative could be involved? JMO here.

Another theory that just makes sense. Stacy leaving with Suzie to get away from someone perhaps from Kansas (Janelles visiting relatives) and this person found their way to the Delmar house by way of Janelle giving them directions? Hence her changing her story over the years bc of possible guilt bc she felt like this relative could be involved? JMO here.

I wonder how well visiting relatives were questioned. Some people might have been gone before the police even started looking for the women.

I wonder how well visiting relatives were questioned. Some people might have been gone before the police even started looking for the women.

THIS! And it would make sense for them to go back the following morning, how many people would stay much longer after the ceremony, esp in a crowded house. Wondering if anyone driving a van was staying at Janelles.

THIS! And it would make sense for them to go back the following morning, how many people would stay much longer after the ceremony, esp in a crowded house. Wondering if anyone driving a van was staying at Janelles.

I wonder if the van sighting where the women was hypnotized is credible. She might have witnessed a couple arguing about directions. I know people saw a van in the area. Was it the same van? The one in the neighborhood could have been a person visiting neighbors, college kids stopping by a parents house, a band ready to go on tour idk. If the van did belong to the kidnapper, it kind of stands out, and it's size could mean it was intended for more than one woman. Why choose graduation night if someone wanted to kidnap Sherrill and Suzie. Kids bounce around cops are out.

I read it also, concerning Stacy's fingerprints.....but were her fingerprints on file with LE?

There used to be a program to get your kids fingerprints on file at local fire and police stations. They could have gotten them from her room, and stuff she touched everyday. I wonder if they did that. Do babies get fingerprinted or is it just the feet? Even if her finer print was there it just means she was at the house at some point. In an article even Janelle mentions they were all friends they just were each closer to her. Mrs. McCall might not have known Sherrill's new address or she hadn't been in the house. I wouldn't be surprised if they had all hung out there before.

I've wondered the same thing....heck a huge trunk (well, 3) would do the job. o_O I know, you're referring to the van sightings. I think wrong-side-out and backwards, off-the-wall....but seriously on NaMus (NamUs) they are listed as still missing so makes me think they weren't driven to another state ;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003